Which players are MVP favorites is always a season-long discussion. Though we are just two weeks into the regular season, the oddsmakers already have two players highlighted to most likely take home this year’s MVP award. While it is just the start of the regular season, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Luka Doncic have already been putting on a show. However, there are a few other NBA superstars hot on their heels in terms of odds to win the 2022-23 NBA MVP. Regardless, it is hard to argue with Giannis and Luka being the favorites thus far.
Best Odds to Win NBA MVP Through First Two Weeks: Luka Doncic and Giannis Antetokounmpo
Doncic has led the Dallas Mavericks to a 4-3 win-loss record so far, but the sub-par record is far from his fault. Luka is currently tallying 36.7 points per game which currently leads the NBA. He is also averaging 9.5 rebounds, 8.7 assists per game, an effective field goal percentage of 50.3 percent, and a player efficiency rating of 36.1, also a league best. Also, Luka has improved his defense as it has resulted in a slight increase in his steal average (1.7 per game) and a defensive box plus/minus of +2.5. These are certainly MVP numbers. It should be noted that the Mavericks are integrating new players into their scheme still, so do not expect them to remain with a mediocre record long here at the start of the regular season, especially with Luka coming into his prime.
Giannis has led the Bucks to an NBA best record of 7-0. What is scary is that he is doing this without his second star, Khris Middleton, who will be returning from injury relatively soon. Giannis is already starting hot out of the gates. He is currently averaging 33.8 points, 1.7 blocks, 5.2 assists, and 12.8 rebounds per game.
On top of this, Giannis is also shooting an effective field goal percentage of 61.2 percent and also possesses a player efficiency rating of 33.2, which is a career-best so far. Not to mention, he is averaging a league-best defensive box plus/minus of 4.3, another statistic which is a career-high for him thus far into the new NBA season. When you combine these impressive numbers with the fact that the Bucks look like the most dominant team in the league, it is easy to see why Giannis is already a MVP favorite.
With the season still being so young, we would be remiss to not list some of the other MVP favorites. Following closely behind Giannis at +650 odds is last season’s runner-up for MVP, Joel Embiid. Embiid is currently averaging 27.2 points, 3.3 assists, and 9.5 rebounds per game. After Embiid is Memphis’ Ja Morant at +750 odds. Morant is considered a dark-horse candidate with totals of 33.3 points, 6.3 assists, and 4.5 rebounds per game.
Kevin Durant comes after Morant at +1200 odds. Despite Brooklyn’s dramatic start to the season, Durant is still averaging 32.5 points, 4.4 assists, and 5.6 rebounds per game. Finally, we have the reigning two-time MVP in Nikola Jokic at +1200 odds as well with numbers of 21.0 points, 8.4 assists, and 11.1 rebounds per game. We are not even halfway through the season and this MVP race is already shaping up to be a good one.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Ex-NBA Star Spencer Haywood Missed Out On $2 Billion With Nike
- Magic Johnson shuts down Steph Curry’s claim of being the NBA’s best-ever point guard
- ‘Tough break, right?’: Pelicans coach Willie Green on injured Trey Murphy missing start of the season
- Wolves set to replay partnership between Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns after last season’s false start
- Anthony Davis has reportedly been ‘training more this offseason than I’ve seen with him as a Laker’
Main Page 1 week ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 1 week ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 6 days ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Luka Doncic celebrates launch of new Luka 2 ‘Lake Bled’ Jordan Brand shoes during 3-on-3 tournament on floating court in Slovenia