Center Joel Freeland of the Portland Trail Blazers and forward Shawne Williams of the Detroit Pistons were suspended one game without pay for head-butting each other in Friday night’s game, the NBA announced on Saturday.
The incident occurred with 1:15 left in the Trail Blazers’ 118-99 victory over the Pistons at Moda Center in Portland.
Williams served his suspension Saturday night against the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City, while Freeland will sit out on Sunday in Toronto against the Raptors.
—Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott suffered a fracture of his toe, the team announced.
Scott suffered the injury against the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday night that initially was diagnosed as a strain. He is averaging 7.5 points and 2.7 rebounds in 62 games this season.
“After further consultation and an MRI examination, taken yesterday at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Phoenix, a fracture of his left great toe was revealed,” the Hawks said in a statement. “He will see a foot specialist at Peachtree Orthopaedics in Atlanta on Monday to determine the appropriate course of action. A timeline for his return will be updated at a later date.”
—The Golden State Warriors assigned forward James Michael McAdoo to the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA Development League.
McAdoo was recalled from Santa Cruz on Thursday, and registered a career-high 16 points, five rebounds, one assist, one steal and one block in 28 minutes during the Warriors’ 114-103 loss Friday night at Denver. The rookie has appeared in 32 games (30 starts) with Santa Cruz, averaging 19.4 points, 8.8 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 2.0 steals and 2.06 blocks.
—The Dallas Mavericks reassigned center/forward Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends of the NBA D-League.
The 6-foot-11, 240-pound Powell has appeared in 19 games for the Mavericks this season, averaging 3.5 points and 2.2 rebounds.
NBA Team Salaries
- Portland Trail Blazers vs Golden State Warriors: preview, prediction and betting tips – Warriors poised to dominate at home
- Gonzaga Bulldogs vs Duke Blue Devils picks, preview & betting tips – High talent won’t equate to high pace
- New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz: preview, prediction and betting tips – Jazz can claim another ATS win on Friday
- Washington Wizards vs Oklahoma City Thunder preview, prediction & betting tips – Thunder can cover against hot-start Wizards
- Atlanta Hawks vs Memphis Grizzlies preview, prediction & betting tips – Hawks can keep rolling against Grizzlies on Friday
Main Page2 weeks ago
Celtics vs. Cavaliers: Betting Picks, Predictions and Preview
Main Page2 weeks ago
Warriors vs. Nets: Predictions, Betting Picks and Preview
Main Page4 days ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
Main Page1 week ago
76ers vs. Jazz: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks