Local sports betting is still illegal in Oklahoma. Until that changes, you can wager safely and legally with one of the top offshore sportsbooks that cater to OK residents.
We start this guide with a review of our top 10 Oklahoma sports betting sites. Next, we examine the state’s current legal gambling framework, try to predict the future of the local sports betting industry, and answer common questions related to gambling in OK.
Best Oklahoma Sports Betting Sites Ranked
The Best Oklahoma Sportsbooks List 2021
We verified that each betting site below is open to OK residents, has a valid gambling license, handles funds responsibly, and offers the full suite of popular betting options and a generous welcome bonus.
- MyBookie – Best Overall for Oklahoma Sports Betting
- Bovada -Widest Selection of Sports Betting in Oklahoma
- BetOnline – Best NBA Online Betting in Oklahoma
- Sportsbetting.ag – Best Soccer Lines in Oklahoma
- BetUS – Best Oklahoma sportsbook for eSports
- Intertops – Top OK betting site with huge range of markets
- 5Dimes – Great variety of welcome bonuses
- BetNow – Fantastic prop builder
- XBet – Top Oklahoma sportsbook for international events
- BetAmerica – Oklahoma sports betting site with best customer support
Best Oklahoma Sportsbooks Reviewed
1. MyBookie – Best Overall For Oklahoma Sports Betting
Whether you’re into basketball, boxing, martial arts, football, soccer, baseball, or any US-favorite sport, you’ll find plenty of betting options for your preferred markets at MyBookie. The bookmakers’ selection covers regular local and international competitions, including the Rugby World Cup, Super Bowl, Tennis Grand Slam, BWS, NBA, Africa Cup of Nations, Soccer Asian cup, and countless other events.
Another key advantage of using this Oklahoma online sports betting site is its exceptional League of Legends eSports coverage, boasting over a dozen tournaments ranging from Eastern European exotics to Riot Gaming’s major competitions.
MyBookie also offers a first deposit bonus of up to $1000, which provides plenty of extra funds you can use to wager on your favourite sports, and it is one of the best high limit sportsbooks for Bitcoin transfers.
Overall, this bookmaker is an example of the best that Oklahoma sports betting has to offer.
- Huge range of wagering options
- Generous welcome promotion
- Top Oklahoma betting line selection for basketball
- Quick withdrawals
- Supports cryptocurrencies
- Somewhat limited eSports variety
2. Bovada – Excellent Range of Markets & Live Streaming
Since its inception over ten years ago, Bovada has attracted the attention of sports bettors for all the right reasons. For starters, it offers a very generous 100% bonus up to $1,000 when you sign up with the Bovada promo code BVD1000.
The sportsbook features an impressive range of top lines on basketball and other sports disciplines. You’ll find endless Futures markets, totals, moneylines, spreads, as well as exotic and lighthearted proposition bets. Furthermore, Bovada integrates a simple but powerful prop bet builder and the most user-friendly betting application in the Oklahoma sports betting industry.
Additionally, the sportsbook offers a good mix of eSports markets. Wager on LoL, CS:GO, Overwatch, Valorant, Call of Duty, Dota, and any other popular video game with a significant tournament underway.
Bovada is also home to one of the market’s top crypto welcome promotions, making it one of the best bitcoin betting sites. Simply fund your account using Bitcoin, and the sportsbook will award you a bonus worth up to $1000, depending on the size of your deposit.
All in all, online sports betting in Oklahoma wouldn’t be the same without Bovada.
- Excellent web and mobile applications
- Extensive market coverage
- Unmatched Bitcoin deposit bonus
- Launched with US bettors in mind
- Lines for traditional sports events can be late
3. BetOnline – Best NBA Online Betting in Oklahoma
BetOnline is one of our top recommended sites for NBA betting. With a massive $1000 welcome bonus, you can place futures bets, prop bets, NBA draft bets, and even put money on college basketball teams. The bookie’s mix of regional and international events adds variety and makes it easier to find value wagers.
Like all Oklahoma sports betting providers, BetOnline features a dedicated Android and iOS betting app, which, though slightly dated, mirrors the functionality of the browser platform.
Another great thing about thing Oklahoma online sports betting site is the huge range of sports markets, covering hundreds of sporting events across the US and the world, loads of Esports markets, and a fantastic range of live betting options.
- Attractive welcome bonus
- Deposit using checks
- Best eSports variety
- NBA drafts and futures
- Website slow at times
4. Sportsbetting.ag – Best Soccer Lines in Oklahoma
When it comes to soccer sports betting in Oklahoma, sportsbetting.ag is unmatched; the sportsbook sets lines for every single soccer match in the world. Whether it’s the FIFA World Cup or a minor Tanzanian league you’ve never heard of, it’s all there. It also offers a wide variety of markets for other sports, so there’s something for everyone.
In addition to covering all the other sports disciplines and popular eSports markets, Sportsbetting.ag offers a lucrative 100% welcome bonus of up to $1,000 with the Intertops bonus code KICK100, along with lucrative reload bonuses.
This Oklahoma sportsbook has been around since 1999 so it’s very trusted and reputable. Other benefits include a good range of deposit options as well as fast payout times.
- Great welcome bonus
- Unmatched soccer offering
- Lots of recurring promos
- In the business since 1999
- Browser app is dated
- No live streaming
5. BetUS – Best Oklahoma Sportsbook for eSports
Founded in 1994 and licensed in Costa Rica, BetUS lets you tap into a wide range of traditional sports markets, ranging from American football to bowling.
If you’re an avid eSports fan, you’ll get to bet on staples like LoL and CS:GO, along with less popular titles, including Tekken and WarCraft.
The sportsbook’s centerpiece is undoubtedly its huge welcome package of up to $3,125. This huge welcome bonus is available to claim for all new users who sign up with the BetUS promo code JOIN125.
If you’re looking for the biggest Oklahoma online sports betting bonus, you can’t go wrong with BetUS.
- Largest bonuses in the business
- Adequate sports coverage
- Novelty section with unique lines
- Last-minute bets
- Limited market variety on some sports
- Prohibitive bonus playthrough requirements
Oklahoma Betting Sites Comparison
Here’s how the best Oklahoma sportsbooks match up to one another.
|Sportsbook||Bonus||Promo Code||Available Markets||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000 25% Reload bonus up to $500||MYBY 50 MYBY25||Basketball, boxing, eSports, horse racing, soccer, and more||Yes||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum|
|Bovada||Up to $1000||BVD1000||Aussie Rules, badminton, baseball, football, golf, and more||Yes||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|BetOnline||100% up to $1000||BOL1000||Aussie Rules, badminton, boxing, field hockey, snooker, and more||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple|
|Sportsbetting.ag||100% up to $1000 |
25% reload bonus up to $250
|Baseball, basketball, NFL, golf, soccer, tennis||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple|
|BetUS||125% up to $2,500||JOIN125||NFL, baseball, ice hockey, tennis, and more||Yes||VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Skrill|
Is Sports Betting Legal in Oklahoma?
So, does Oklahoma have sports betting?
Not yet, but legal sports betting is on the horizon. In fact, sports betting in Oklahoma was pretty much legalized in April of 2020 when the state authorized two OK tribes – the Otoe-Missouria and Comanche Nation – to offer sports betting services in their gambling properties.
Unfortunately, the decision was overturned by Oklahoma’s Attorney General, who noted that the agreement prevented the state from restricting the tribes’ betting activities. As a result, no sportsbooks have been launched in the Sooner State yet.
Nevertheless, the ball’s in motion. Legal Oklahoma sports betting services at one of the tribal casinos is just a matter of time. What’s more, we predict the remaining 30+ Native tribes with casino involvement will try to negotiate the right to offer online sports betting in Oklahoma as well.
So far, none of the gaming tribes or business companies have received definite approval to offer betting services over the web.
At the same time, Oklahoma gambling laws don’t prohibit residents from signing up or wagering with offshore sportsbooks, including the ones we introduced above. In other words, you can sign up with an international online bookmaker and back your favorite teams without violating local laws.
Until OK has online sports betting outlets of its own, overseas sportsbooks remain the only legal option for state residents.
As of August 2021, no physical establishment offers legal sports betting in Oklahoma. When the Otoe-Missouria and Comanche Nation tribes sort out their differences with the Attorney General, expect land-based betting to become available at one of the eight casinos belonging to the two groups:
- 7 Clans Paradise Casino
- 7 Clans Chilocco Casino
- 7 Clans Red Rock Casino
- 7 Clans Perry Casino
- Comanche Red River Hotel Casino
- Comanche Nation Casino
- Comanche Star Casino
- Comanche Spur Casino
In 1982, voters decided to legalize pari-mutuel betting on horse races, turning the activity into a favored pastime among residents. The Oklahoma Racing Act regulates race betting; however, local municipalities have the right to decide whether they want to allow horse racing regionally. Luckily, no county has voted against the stipulations of the Racing Act so far.
There are four horse racing tracks in the state:
- Blue Ribbon Downs in Sallisaw
- Will Rogers Downs in Claremore
- Remington Park in Oklahoma City
- Fair Meadows in Tulsa – the last to launch in the state, back in 1989.
What’s more, race tracks offer advance-deposit wagering applications. Using the ADW app, bettors in Oklahoma can maintain an online horse race betting bankroll and use it to place wagers. You can fund your bankroll online or by phone.
Unfortunately, race tracks have evolved to include casino facilities, which have eroded interest in horse race betting.
Timeline of Sports Betting Legislation in Oklahoma
So, what exactly is the history between Oklahoma and sports betting? The timeline below summarizes the most important events leading up to what will hopefully become legal sports betting in Oklahoma:
- 2021 – Other gaming tribes are joining forces in the fight for legal land-based sports betting.
- 2020 – The Otoe-Missouria and Comanche Nation tribes request authorization to offer sports betting at their land-based facilities. The request is initially approved but ends up blocked.
- 2013 – Native tribes request permission to offer legal online sports betting in Oklahoma. The request is denied.
- 2004 – State officials upgrade the tribal compact from a Class II to a Class III gaming agreement, making casinos a reality.
- 1992 – The Charitable Games Acts grants the Alcoholic Beverage Law Enforcement Commission the right to host bingo, pull-tabs, and raffles.
- 1992 – Native American tribes partner to offer bingo, lotteries, and electronic gambling machines.
- 1987 – North-American Indian Tribe Choctaw hosts first high-stakes bingo game in the state’s history.
- 1982 – Oklahoma legalizes horse racing, paving the way for relaxed gambling laws.
- 1916 – To curb gambling-related violence, OK lawmakers prohibit all types of real-money wagering.
- 1916 – Native American tribes are relocated to Oklahoma from the East.
Offshore betting in Oklahoma
Like most US jurisdictions, Oklahoma neither forbids nor allows gambling with an offshore sportsbook. Because offshore betting constitutes a legal gray area, authorities lack a legal basis for prosecuting bettors. That’s why thousands of residents play online every day and, so far, none of them have suffered any consequences.
We recommend that you stick to reputable bookmakers with a track record of timely payouts. Our top offshore sportsbooks rankings at the top of this page are an excellent starting place. By choosing one of the online sports betting Oklahoma sites we’ve reviewed on this page, you’ll be able to enjoy a huge range of markets, great bonuses and smooth mobile betting.
Are Daily Fantasy Sports Legal in Oklahoma?
Because fantasy sports providers don’t consider DFS a luck-based activity, they happily accept bets from punters in Oklahoma. That’s why tens of thousands of Sooner State residents participate in DFS contests every month, despite the lack of regulation around fantasy sports.
The Oklahoma House and Senate introduced the Oklahoma sports betting bill HB 2278 and bill SB 1396 to regulate daily fantasy sports. However, both proposals fell through due to tribal interference, and Bill John Baker, Cherokee Nation Chief, announced that Oklahoma Native Americans would continue to resist DFS legalization.
Despite these legal hurdles, fantasy sports enthusiasts residing in Oklahoma can legally join any of the following platforms:
- Yahoo! Fantasy sports
- CBS Sports
Casino Laws in Oklahoma
Compared to sports betting laws, casino laws in Oklahoma are very lenient.
The state of Oklahoma hasn’t regulated online gambling. This situation is due to lobbying efforts by native American tribes, which prefer to avoid competing against multi-billion dollar online gaming juggernauts. Unfortunately, the immense power that native tribes wield over Oklahoma’s gambling industry doesn’t bode well for the future of online gambling in the state.
However, fear not. While online casinos can’t operate locally, OK laws don’t criminalize wagering with offshore casinos, which are located overseas and hence don’t have to comply with Oklahoma gambling laws.
Thousands of Okies place bets with offshore casinos every day, and so far, none of them have been prosecuted by authorities.
Local tribe-run casinos abound, providing access to all popular casino games, including slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and video poker. All told, there are more than 100 gambling compounds in Oklahoma, all belonging to descendants of Native Indian Tribes that settled in Oklahoma over 100 years ago.
For more casual gambling entertainment, you can participate in the state-run lottery or play a bingo game at one of the casinos or charity gaming halls.
What’s more, all four of the state’s race tracks feature a selection of casino-type betting options.
Online casinos can’t match the energy and vibe of a physical establishment. To experience gambling as it was intended to be, visit one of the land-based gambling venues below:
(Casino name – city)
- Ada Gaming Center – Ada
- Apache Casino Hotel – Lawton
- Buffalo Run Casino – Miami
- Cherokee Casino Will Rogers Downs – Claremore
- Cash Springs Gaming Center – Sulphur
- Cherokee Casino – Fort Gibson
- Cherokee Casino – Roland
- Cherokee Casino – Sallisaw
- Cherokee Casino – Tahlequah
- Cherokee Casino – West Siloam Springs
- Chisholm Trail Casino – Duncan
- Choctaw Casino Resort – Durant
- Choctaw Casino – Broken Bow
- Choctaw Casino – Grant
- Choctaw Casino – Idabel
- Choctaw Casino – McAlester
- Choctaw Casino – Pocola
- Choctaw Casino – Stringtown
- Comanche Nation Casino – Lawton
- Comanche Red River Casino – Devol
- Comanche Spur Casino – Eligin
- Comanche Star Casino – Walters
- Creek Nation Casino of Eufaula – Eufaula
- Creek Nation Casino of Okmulgee – Okmulgee
- Eastern Shawnee Casino – Wyandotte
- FireLake Casino – Shawnee
- Grand Casino Hotel Resort – Shawnee
- Gold Mountain Casino – Ardmore
- Grand Lake Casino – Grove
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa – Catoosa
- High Winds Casino – Miami
- Kickapoo Casino – Harrah
- Kickapoo Casino in Shawnee – Shawnee
- Kiowa Casino – Devol
- Lucky Star Casino – Clinton
- Lucky Star Casino – Concho
- Lucky Turtle Casino – Wyandotte
- Madill Gaming Center – Madill
- Muscogee Creek Nation Casino – Muskogee
- Newcastle Casino – Newcastle
- Osage Casino – Bartlesville
- Osage Casino – Hominy
- Osage Casino – Pawhuska
- Osage Casino – Ponca City
- Osage Casino – Sand Springs
- Osage Casino – Tulsa
- Quapaw Casino – Miami
- Red Hawk Gaming Center – Wetumka
- Remington Park Racetrack & Casino – Oklahoma City
- RiverStar Casino – Terral
- River Spirit Casino – Tulsa
- Riverwind Casino – Norman
- Sac & Fox Casino – Shawnee
- SaltCreek Casino – Pocasset
- Seven Clans – Perry
- Seven Clans – Red Rock
- Texoma Casino – Kingston
- The Stables Casino – Miami
- Thunderbird Wild Wild West Casino – Norman
- Treasure Valley Casino – Davis
- Stigler Casino – Stigler, Oklahoma
- Washita Casino – Paoli
- WinStar World Casino – Thackerville
- Wyandotte Nation Casino – Wyandotte
Gambling Tax in Oklahoma
Oklahoma considers all income generated from wagering on games of chance taxable income, subject to the same rates as income acquired from any other source. The state’s tax laws recognize several income brackets, and your exact tax rate will depend on several factors, including your marital status, total annual income, and available deductions. Overall, expect to pay between 0.5% and 5% in taxes.
As for tribal casinos, most of them pay a tax between 4% and 10% of gross revenues.
Oklahoma Sports Betting Apps
Using a mobile betting app, you can enjoy sports betting in Oklahoma from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet, irrespective of your location.
Most offshore sportsbooks offer apps optimized for iOS and Android devices. What’s more, these betting apps are not just serviceable substitutes for bookie’s browser platforms. Instead, they are robust pieces of software that provide access to a sportsbook’s complete set of features.
Beyond convenience and location independence, an advantage to using an Oklahoma online sports betting app is accessing bonuses exclusive to mobile users.
However, some betting apps are better than others. For instance, Bovada offers a fantastic mobile app with an advanced prop bet builder and a layout that makes betting a breeze regardless of the size of your screen. On the other hand, BetOnline’s app, while functional, is cumbersome and a bit slow at times.
Legal Oklahoma sports betting is coming, but it’s still at least a year away. For now, you can successfully and legally scratch your betting itch by opening a free account with one of our top recommended offshore sportsbooks, such as MyBookie – click below to start betting today!
Sports Betting Oklahoma FAQs
Is online sports betting legal in Oklahoma?
When is Oklahoma going to have sports betting?
What betting is legal in Oklahoma?
How can I do online sports betting Oklahoma?
NBA Team Salaries
- 2022 Defensive Player of the Year update: Anthony Davis odds cut by Bovada after gamble
- Karl-Anthony Towns spoils Jordyn Woods with costly gifts at party
- Free WNBA Picks: 2021 First Round Playoffs – predictions and odds
- Jordan Poole Ready to Build off Strong Season
- 17-year veteran Joe Johnson is not ready to retire from NBA