|Anderson Varejao (waived)||$10,256,800|
|Mike Miller (waived)||$2,756,117|
|Tim Frazier (waived)||$845,059|
Quick: $7.8 million in cap space.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $9.9-$40.0 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Brian Roberts
SG: C.J. McCollum, Gerald Henderson
SF: Mo Harkless, Allen Crabbe, Pat Connaughton, Luis Montero
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis, Cliff Alexander
C: Mason Plumlee, Noah Vonleh, Chris Kaman, Meyers Leonard (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Cliff Alexander’s $874k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Allen Crabbe.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for C.J. McCollum and Mason Plumlee.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Noah Vonleh.
- 1/10/17 — Luis Montero’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for C.J. McCollum, Mason Plumlee and Cliff Alexander.
- 7/25/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 8/1/17 — Luis Montero’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Noah Vonleh.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Noah Vonleh, Pat Connaughton and Luis Montero.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/19/15 — Steve Blake opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Arron Afflalo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Nicolas Batum to Charlotte Hornets for Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd) to Brooklyn Nets for Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st).
- 6/25/15 — Traded 1.5 million in cash to Utah Jazz for the rights to Daniel Diez (2015-54th)
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez, Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee and Earl Watson.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Al-Farouq Aminu to a four-year, $30 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Ed Davis to a three-year, $20.0 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Damian Lillard to a five-year, $120.4 million extension.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Pat Connaughton (2015-41st) to a three-year, $2.5 million partially-guaranteed contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Luis Montero to a three-year, $2.4 million partially-guaranteed ($100k) minimum contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Enes Kanter to a four-year, $70.1 million offer sheet, final season player option.
- 7/12/15 — Oklahoma City Thunder matched the Blazers’ offer to Enes Kanter.
- 7/14/15 — Traded a protected (top-55) 2020 second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers for Mo Harkless.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Phil Pressey to a one-year, non-guaranteed $947k minimum contract.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Cliff Alexander to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($100k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/26/15 — Renounced the rights to Joel Freeland.
- 7/27/15 — Traded $75k to Cleveland Cavaliers for Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, a 2019 second-rounder (higher of Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers) and a 2020 second-rounder.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Omari Johnson to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/30/15 — Picked up Noah Vonleh’s third-year option.
- 9/30/15 — Picked up Mason Plumlee’s fourth-year option.
- 9/30/15 — Picked up C.J. McCollum’s fourth-year option.
- 1/10/16 — Tim Frazier’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Luis Montero and Cliff Alexander’s $525k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — Traded a Cleveland Cavaliers 2020 second-rounder back to Cleveland Cavaliers for Anderson Varejao and a protected 2018 first-rounder.
- 2/18/16 — Traded cash $75k to Miami HEAT for Brian Roberts and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Orlando Magic for the rights to Jake Layman (47th).
Waived Players: Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, Omari Johnson, Phil Pressey (claimed by Utah Jazz), Tim Frazier, Anderson Varejao
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
Assistants: Jay Triano, David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, Chris Stackpole (player development)
Trainers: Geoff Clark, Todd Forcier (strength and conditioning), Ben Kenyon (strength and conditioning)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic if higher than Chicago Bulls’ selection, otherwise pick goes to Bulls (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Anthony Randolph).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2019, but two years after Cleveland Cavaliers’ Phoenix Suns obligation, if not conveyed, converts to lower second-rounder of Los Angeles Lakers/Minnesota Timberwolves, and a 2012 Cavaliers second-rounder) from Cavaliers (Anderson Varejao).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $75k to Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood); $75k to Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts); $1.2 million to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
NBA Team Salaries
- Rockets vs. Wolves: Preview, Prediction and Betting Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks reveal their fancy 2021 NBA Finals championship rings
- Celtics vs. Knicks: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Wizards vs Raptors: Preview, Predictions and Betting Lines
- Bulls vs. Pistons: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks