Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the Derrick Jones contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Damian Lillard, Anfernee Simons
SG: C.J. McCollum, Norman Powell, Keljin Blevins (two-way)
SF: Derrick Jones, Nassir Little, CJ Elleby, Rondae Hollis Jefferson
PF: Robert Covington, Carmelo Anthony, Harry Giles, TJ Leaf
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Enes Kanter, Zach Collins (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Mario Hezonja, expiring 8/1/21) — $1,737,145
- Trade Exception (Trevor Ariza, expiring 8/7/21*) — $661,655
- Trade Exception (Gary Trent Jr, expiring 2/11/22*) — $1,663,861
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Derrick Jones)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
* Exact date TBD
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Mario Hezonja, Trevor Ariza, Gary Trent Jr, Rodney Hood
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (two)
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Keljin Blevins, TJ Leaf
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Jody Allen
- Neil Olshey — president of basketball operations
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- Zach Williams — director of basketball analytics
- Sean Kiely — scouting manager
- Nick West — director of basketball operations
Head Coach: Terry Stotts
Assistants: Nate Tibbetts (associate head coach), Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jannero Pargo
Trainers: Jesse Elis (director of player health & performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer)
- 2021 — Owe a first-rounder (lottery protected through 2027, otherwise converts to a 2027 second-rounder) to the Houston Rockets (Robert Covington). May go to the Brooklyn Nets via Houston (James Harden).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr, Luke Kennard, Rajon Rondo).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Skal Labissiere).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 6/22/21 — NBA Draft Lottery.
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for CJ Elleby and Zach Collins.
- 7/31/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 7/31/21 — Derrick Jones’ player option.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Mario Hezonja trade exceptions expires.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 8/7/21 — Trevor Ariza trade exceptions expires (exact date TBD).
- 8/2/21 — Jusuf Nurkic’s $13,250,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (incentives TBD).
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Anfernee Simons.
- 2/11/22 — Gary Trent Jr trade exception expires (exact date TBD).
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Anfernee Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 11/16/20 — Mario Hezonja opted into the final year of his contract.
- 11/18/20 — Guaranteed Trevor Ariza’s $12.8 million for 2020-21.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Isaiah Stewart (2020-16th) and CJ Elleby (2020-46th).
- 11/19/20 — Rodney Hood opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Moses Brown, Wenyen Gabriel and Jaylen Hoard.
- 11/21/20 — Start of the 2020-21 calendar year.
- 11/24/20 — Jake Layman trade exception ($1,790,993) expired.
- 11/20/20 — Traded Mario Hezonja to the Memphis Grizzlies for $1 million from the Grizzlies and Enes Kanter from the Boston Celtics.
- 11/21/20 — Signed Harry Giles to a $1,678,854 minimum contract.
- 11/22/20 — Traded Trevor Ariza, the rights to Isaiah Stewart II and a 2021 first-rounder (lottery protected through 2027, otherwise converts to a 2027 second-rounder) to the Houston Rockets for Robert Covington.
- 11/21/20 — Re-signed Carmelo Anthony to a $2,564,733 minimum contract.
- 11/21/20 — Signed Harry Giles to a $1,678,854 minimum contract.
- 11/22/20 — Re-signed Rodney Hood to a partially-guaranteed two-year $20,898,696 contract.
- 11/22/20 — Signed CJ Elleby (2020-46th) to a two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract.
- 11/22/20 — Signed Derrick Jones to a two-year $18,978,900 contract, player option on the final season.
- 11/25/20 — Re-signed Keljin Blevins to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline on Zach Collins elapsed.
- 12/27/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Nassir Little.
- 12/27/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Anfernee Simons.
- 3/8/21 — Kent Bazemore trade exception ($1,927,261) expired.
- 3/22/21 — Skal Labissiere trade exception ($2,338,847) expired.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Gary Trent Jr and Rodney Hood to the Toronto Raptors for Norman Powell.
- 4/8/21 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a 10-day $128,963 contract.
- 4/13/21 — Signed TJ Leaf to a two-way contract.
- 4/18/21 — Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/18/21 — Re-signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a 10-day $128,963 contract.
- 4/28/21 — Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/28/21 — Re-signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for the rest of the season to a $245,031 contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony (One-Year Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Declined First: Caleb Swanigan ($3,665,787)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Moda Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/7/21)