Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the Derrick Jones contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
NBA Draft: No. 23 to the Houston Rockets (Robert Covington), No. 51 to the Memphis Grizzlies (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, two player options
PG: Damian Lillard, Anfernee Simons
SG: C.J. McCollum, Norman Powell (PO)
SF: Derrick Jones (PO), Nassir Little, CJ Elleby
PF: Robert Covington
C: Jusuf Nurkic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Mario Hezonja, expiring 8/2/21) — $1,737,145
- Trade Exception (Trevor Ariza, expiring 8/6/21) — $661,655
- Trade Exception (Gary Trent Jr, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,663,861
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Projected Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Jusuf Nurkic $12 million ($4 million guaranteed) — 8/3/21
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Norman Powell $11,615,328 (player)
- Derrick Jones $9,720,900 (player)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Norman Powell ($20,645,309 on opt out), Zach Collins (RFA, $16,218,765)
- Early Bird: Enes Kanter ($6,506,955), Carmelo Anthony ($1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Derrick Jones ($11,109,600 on opt out), TJ Leaf ($1,789,256, two-way, RFA), Harry Giles ($1,669,178), Rondae Hollis-Jefferson ($1,669,178), Keljin Blevins (two-way, RFA)
- Declined First: Caleb Swanigan*** ($3,665,787)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Zach Collins $7,363,319
- TJ Leaf $1,789,256 ($84,414 guaranteed)
- Keljin Blevins (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Anfernee Simons
- Nassir Little (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Jody Allen
- Neil Olshey — president of basketball operations
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- Zach Williams — director of basketball analytics
- Sean Kiely — scouting manager
- Nick West — director of basketball operations
Head Coach: Chauncy Billups
Assistants: Nate Tibbetts (associate head coach), Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jannero Pargo
Trainers: Jesse Elis (director of player health & performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer)
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr, Luke Kennard, Rajon Rondo).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Skal Labissiere).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for CJ Elleby, TJ Leaf and Zach Collins.
- 7/31/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 7/31/21 — Derrick Jones’ player option.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/2/21 — Mario Hezonja trade exceptions expires.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 8/6/21 — Trevor Ariza trade exceptions expires.
- 8/3/21 — Jusuf Nurkic’s $13,250,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (incentives TBD).
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Anfernee Simons.
- 2/11/22 — Gary Trent Jr trade exception expires.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Anfernee Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/4/21 — Fired Coach Terry Stotts.
- 6/27/21 — Hired Chauncey Billups as head coach.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Moda Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)