|Joe Johnson (waived)||$9,505,000|
|Georgios Papagiannis (waived)||$2,301,360|
|Matt Barnes (stretched)||$2,133,542|
|Anthony Tolliver (waived)||$2,000,000|
|Arron Afflalo (waived)||$1,500,000|
|Caron Butler (stretched)||$517,220|
|Jack Cooley (two-way)|
|JaKarr Sampson (two-way)|
Quick: Under the cap by 3.4 million.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Room: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Frank Mason
SG: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Buddy Hield, Iman Shumpert
SF: Garrett Temple, Justin Jackson, Vince Carter, Bruno Caboclo, JaKarr Sampson (two-way), Nigel Hayes
PF: Zach Randolph, Harry Giles (injured), Jack Cooley (two-way)
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Anthony McClish general manager, Darrick Martin head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: JaKarr Sampson (one-year), Jack Cooley (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (under contract through 2019-20)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach), Phil Ricci (assistant player development coach), Jenny Boucek (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager (under contract through 2019-20)
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Brandon Williams — assistant general manager.
- Peja Stojakovic — vice president of basketball and team development
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- 2018 — Kings have swap rights on the Portland Trail Blazers’ second-rounder (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez), the lower pick will go to Dallas Mavericks (Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay).
- 2019 — Owed the most favorable of Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers or Portland Trail Blazers’ second-rounders (Scott Perry).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas) or Boston Celtics (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (higher) or Milwaukee Bucks (Luc Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $400,000 from New York Knicks (Scott Perry); $2.1 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill); $1.1 million from Utah Jazz (George Hill) — $1.5 million remaining
- 6/10/17 — Rudy Gay opted out of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted De’Aaron Fox (5th) and Frank Mason (34th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Zach Collins (10th) to Portland Trail Blazers for Justin Jackson (15th) and Harry Giles (20th).
- 6/24/17 — Langston Galloway opted out of his contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Harry Giles (2017-20th) to a $10,621,750 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Justin Jackson (2017-15th) to a $13,484,010 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed De’Aaron Fox (2017-5th) to a $24,572,507 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Vince Carter to a one-year, $8.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed George Hill to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $57.0 million contract.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Frank Mason (2017-34th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $4,181,147 contract.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th) to a three-year, $26,825,000 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Agreed to let Scott Perry leave for New York Knicks in return for a second-rounder and $400,000. Teams cannot make any trades through 2017-18 season.
- 7/20/17 — Renounced the rights to Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st).
- 7/28/17 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/28/17 — Signed Jack Cooley to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/8/17 — Signed Matt Jones to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/26/17 — Signed Marcus D Williams to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 10/10/17 — Signed David Stockton to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Reggie Hearn to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 11/1/17 — Picked up team options on Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis, Buddy Hield and Malachi Richardson.
- 2/8/18 — Traded George Hill and the rights to Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for Iman Shumpert, the rights to Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), a 2020 second-rounder and $2.1 million as well as Joe Johnson and $1.1 million from Utah Jazz.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Malachi Richardson to Toronto Raptors for Bruno Caboclo
- 3/31/18 — Signed Nigel Hayes to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1,433,538 contract.
Waived Players: Anthony Tolliver, Arron Afflalo, Matt Jones, David Stockton, Reggie Hearn, Georgios Papagiannis
Traded Players: Marcus D Williams, George Hill, Malachi Richardson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Nigel Hayes (signing restriction through 7/1/18)
Arena: Golden 1 Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/10/18)