|Marvin Bagley III||$8,963,640|
|Jabari Parker (waived)||$6,500,000|
|Mfiondu Kabengele (waived)||$2,075,880|
|Chris Silva (waived)||$1,517,981|
|Robert Woodard II||$1,500,000|
|Glenn Robinson III||$930,930|
|Damian Jones (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Damian Jones (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Norvel Pelle (expired 10-day)||$99,020|
|Chimezie Metu (waived)||$50,000|
|Kyle Guy (two-way)|
|Louis King (two-way)|
Quick: Up to $4.2 million under the cap. Currently over via trade exceptions.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Delon Wright, Jahmi’us Ramsey, De’Aaron Fox (injured)
SG: Buddy Hield, Terence Davis, Kyle Guy (two-way), Robert Woodard II, Tyrese Haliburton (injured)
SF: Harrison Barnes, Justin James, Louis King
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Mo Harkless, Chimezie Metu
C: Richaun Holmes, Hassan Whiteside, Damian Jones
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Cory Joseph, expiring 2/11/22*) — $3,600,000
- Trade Exception (Nemanja Bjelica, expiring 2/11/22*) — $2,009,019
- Mid-Level Exception — $4,437,436 (Chimezie Metu (twice), Robert Woodard III, Jahmi’us Ramsey)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
* Exact date TBD.
Waived Players: Quinton Rose, Vincent Edwards, Frank Kaminsky (claimed by the Phoenix Suns), Chimezie Metu, Glenn Robinson III, Mfiondu Kabengele, Jabari Parker, DaQuan Jeffries (claimed by the Houston Rockets), Chris Silva
Traded Players: Nemanja Bjelica, Cory Joseph
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Norvel Pelle, Damian Jones (two)
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (general manager Paul Johnson, Ty Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Kyle Guy, Louis King
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Vivek Ranadive
- Monty McNair — general manager
- Wes Wilcox — assistant general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Joe Dumars — chief strategy officer
- Phil Jabour — vice president of player personnel
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Alvin Gentry (associate head coach), Rex Kalamian, Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana, Rico Hines (player development), Bobby Jackson (assistant player development coach), Stacey Augmon (assistant coach/player development), Lindsey Harding (assistant coach/player development), Jonah Herscu (advance scout)
Trainers: Teena Murray (vice president, athlete health & performance, Joe Resendez (head athletic trainer), Craig Slaunwhite (head performance & strength coach)
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Derrick Walton Jr, Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2022 — The Bulls can swap second-rounders with the Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), the lower selection going to the Sacramento Kings (James Ennis, Xavier Tillman Jr)
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder (top-54 protected) to the Los Angeles Clippers (Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Delon Wright).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1 million from the Houston Rockets (KJ Martin), $2,744,338 from the Los Angeles Clippers (Mfiondu Kabengele) — $1.872,662 remaining
- 8/14/20 — General manager Vlade Divac stepped down.
- 9/17/20 — Hired Monte McNair as general manager.
- 11/17/20 — Jabari Parker opted into the final year of his contract.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Tyrese Haliburton (2020-12th), Xavier Tillman Sr (2020-35th), Jahmi’us Ramsey (2020-43rd) and KJ Martin (2020-52nd).
- 11/18/20 — Traded the rights to Xavier Tillman Sr and 2020 second-round swap rights to the Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to Robert Woodard II (2020-40th).
- 11/18/20 — Issued qualifying offers to Bogdan Bogdanovic and DaQuan Jeffries.
- 11/19/20 — Nemanja Bjelica’s $7,150,000 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/21/20 — Start of the 2020-21 calendar year.
- 11/24/20 — Re-signed De’Aaron Fox to a five-year $163,000,300 designated rookie-scale extension. Exact salary to be determined at the start of the 2021-22 season (25, 26, 28 or 30 percent of cap).
- 11/25/20 — Signed Tyrese Haliburton (2020-12th) to a $17,878,995 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/25/20 — Traded the rights to KJ Martin (2020-52nd) to the Houston Rockets for a Los Angeles Lakers’ 2021 second-rounder and $1 million.
- 11/27/20 — Signed Hassan Whiteside to a $2,320,044 minimum contract.
- 11/27/20 — Re-signed DaQuan Jeffries to a two-year $3,147,290 minimum contract, team option on the final season.
- 11/30/20 — Signed Frank Kaminsky to a non-guaranteed $1,882,867 minimum summer contract.
- 12/1/20 — Signed Robert Woodard II (2020-40th) to a partially-guaranteed $6,731,283 contract.
- 12/2/20 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a partially-guaranteed $2,028,594 minimum contract.
- 12/3/20 — Signed Jahmi’us Ramsey (2020-43rd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,300,602 contract.
- 12/4/20 — Picked up Marvin Bagley’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 12/8/20 — Signed Quinton Rose to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/10/20 — Waived Quinton Rose.
- 12/16/20 — Signed Vincent Edwards to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/18/20 — Waived Vincent Edwards.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Frank Kaminsky (claimed by the Phoenix Suns).
- 12/21/20 — Waived Chimezie Metu.
- 12/24/20 — Re-signed Chimezie Metu to a non-guaranteed two-way contract.
- 2/25/21 — Signed Norvel Pelle to a 10-day $99,020 contract.
- 3/6/21 — Norvel Pelle’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/22/21 — Traded a protected 2022 second-rounder (top-54) to the Los Angeles Clippers for Mfiondu Kabengele, an Atlanta Hawks’ protected (top-55) 2022 second-rounder and $2,744,338.
- 3/22/21 — Dewayne Dedmon trade exception ($597,575) expired.
- 3/25/21 — Waived Mfiondu Kabengele and Jabari Parker.
- 3/25/21 — Traded a Memphis Grizzlies’ 2021 second-rounder to the Toronto Raptors for Terence Davis.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Nemanja Bjelica to the Miami HEAT for Mo Harkless and Chris Silva.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Cory Joseph, a Los Angeles Lakers’ 2021 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons for Delon Wright.
- 4/3/21 — Waived DaQuan Jeffries (claimed by the Houston Rockets).
- 4/7/21 — Signed Damian Jones to a 10-day $118,983 contract.
- 4/17/21 — Damian Jones’ 10-day contract expired.
- 4/17/21 — Re-signed Damian Jones to a second 10-day $118,983 contract.
- 4/27/21 — Damian Jones’ 10-day contract expired.
- 4/27/21 — Waived Chris Silva.
- 4/27/21 — Re-signed Chimezie Metu to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,373,656 contract, ending his two-way.
- 4/27/21 — Re-signed Damian Jones to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,214,976 contract.
- 4/30/21 — Signed Louis King to a two-year two-way contract ($5,822 guaranteed in 2020-21, $50,000 in 2021-22).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- De’Aaron Fox — $28,516,655 (expiring 8/2/21)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vanja Marinkovic (2019-60th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Corey Brewer ($1,620,564)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Golden 1 Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/26/21)
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
- Tyrese Haliburton mocks Damian Lillard while imitating his signature “Dame Time” celebration
- Does this recent report mean that Zach LaVine is on his way out?
- College Basketball: Odds, Predictions, And Best Bets For Thursday, December 7
- Jordan Clarkson is the NBA’s league leader in this category