Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped by the Aron Baynes contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to $27.9 million, less with cap holds or non-guaranteed players like Chris Boucher, Gary Trent Jr, Rodney Hood and Aron Baynes.
NBA Draft: No. 4, No. 46 from the Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore, Terence Davis), No. 47 from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Matt Thomas); No. 37 to the Detroit Pistons (Greg Monroe, Dzanan Musa)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Roster Count: Four guaranteed, seven non-guaranteed
PG: Fred VanVleet, Malachi Flynn
SG: Rodney Hood
SF: OG Anunoby, DeAndre’ Bembry, Yuta Watanabe, Paul Watson
PF: Chris Boucher, Freddie Gillespie, Pascal Siakam (injured)
C: Aaron Baynes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game. Pascal Siakam out for at least five months as of 6/11/11 (torn labrum, left shoulder).
- Trade Exception (Terence Davis, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,571,981
- Trade Exception (Matt Thomas, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,571,981
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Aron Baynes, Alex Len)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Rodney Hood $10,851,246 — 7/27/21
- Aron Baynes $7,350,000 — 8/4/21
- Paul Watson $1,701,593 — 8/4/21
- DeAndre’ Bembry $1,977,011 — 8/6/21
- Chris Boucher $7,020,000 — 8/7/21
- Yuta Watanabe $1,762,796 — 8/8/21 (up to $375,000)
- Freddie Gillespie $1,517,981 — 8/20/21 (up to $50,000)
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: Kyle Lowry ($39,344,900), Lucas Nogueira*** ($8,841,915), Gary Trent Jr (RFA, $2,079,826)
- Early Bird: Stanley Johnson ($4,945,395), Malcolm Miller ($1,985,289), Nando De Colo*** (RFA, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Khem Birch ($1,669,178), Jeremy Lin *** ($1,669,178), Jodie Meeks*** ($1,669,178), Jason Thompson*** ($1,669,178)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Gary Trent Jr $2,079,826
- Nando De Colo $1,901,900
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Malachi Flynn (third-year)
Waived Players: Jalen Harris (two-way)
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Patrick Mutombo coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Larry Tanenbaum
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Wayne Embry — senior basketball advisor
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Jama Mahlalela, Jim Sann, Jon Goodwillie
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (head athletic trainer)
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Malachi Richardson, Alec Burks, Brad Wanamaker).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/13/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Yuta Watanabe.
- 7/27/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Freddie Gillespie.
- 7/27/21 — Rodney Hood’s $10,861,246 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Gary Trent Jr and Yuta Watanabe.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/2/21 — OG Anunoby’s poison pill expires.
- 8/4/21 — Aron Baynes’ $7,350,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (48 hours after the start of the moratorium).
- 8/5/21 — Paul Watson’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2021-22 (three days after the start of the moratorium).
- 8/6/21 — De’Andre Bembry’s $1,977,011 guarantees for 2021-22 (four days after the start of the moratorium).
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 8/7/21 — Chris Boucher’s $7,020,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (two days after the last day of the moratorium).
- 8/8/21 — Yuta Watanabe’s salary guarantees at $375,000.
- 8/20/21 — Freddie Gillespie’s salary guarantees at $50,000.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Yuta Watanabe’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2021-22.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Freddie Gillespie’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 10/31/21 — Malachi Flynn’s team option.
- 2/11/22 — Terence Davis and Matt Thomas trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Paul Watson and Freddie Gillespie.
- 10/31/22 — Malachi Flynn’s team option.
- 6/29/23 — Fred VanVleet’s player option.
- Before the start of the 2023-24 season — Malachi Flynn’s extension deadline.
- 6/29/24 — Malachi Flynn’s qualifying offer deadline.
- 6/29/24 — Player option on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 4 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
- 7/1/21 — Jalen Harris dismissed from the NBA (eligible for reinstatement in a year).
- 7/1/21 — Waived Jalen Harris (two-way).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- OG Anunoby — $15,174,443 (expiring 8/2/21)
Arena: Air Canada Centre
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)