|Grant Jerrett (waived)||$947,276|
|Elijah Millsap (waived)||$362,878|
|J.J. O’Brien (waived)||$75,000|
|Treveon Graham (waived)||$75,000|
|E.J. Singler ($50,000)||$50,000|
|Erick Green (10-day contracts)||$99,418|
|J.J. O’Brien (expired 10-day)||$30,888|
|Phil Pressey (waived)||$11,144|
|Eric Atkins (waived)||$6,178|
Quick: $5.2 million in cap space
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $27.1-$31.6 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Shelvin Mack, Raul Neto, Trey Burke, Dante Exum (injured)
SG: Rodney Hood, Christapher Johnson, Alec Burks (injured)
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Ingles
PF: Derrick Favors, Trey Lyles, Trevor Booker
C: Rudy Gobert, Jeff Withey, Tibor Pleiss
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Shelvin Mack’s $2.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Dante Exum, Trey Lyles and Rodney Hood.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Rudy Gobert and Trey Burke.
- 1/10/17 — Christapher Johnson’s $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jeff Withey’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/29/17 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trey Burke, Joe Ingle and Rudy Gobert.
- 7/15/17 — Tibor Pleiss’ $3.1 million salary guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Trey Lyles.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Dante Exum and Rodney Hood.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1.0 million salaries guarantee for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dante Exum, Tibor Pleiss, Rodney Hood and Raul Neto.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Trey Lyles.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Trey Lyles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Trey Lyles with the 12th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Olivier Hanlan with the 42nd pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Daniel Diez (2015-54th) to Portland Trail Blazers for $1.5 million in cash.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Joe Ingles.
- 7/7/15 — Signed Trey Lyles (2015-12th) to a $10.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Raul Neto (2013-47th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.9 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Joe Ingles to a two-year, $4.4 million contract (including $300k of incentives).
- 7/14/15 — Signed Tibor Pleiss (2010-31st) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $9 million contract.
- 8/17/15 — Signed Treveon Graham to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k) $2.4 million contract.
- 8/24/15 — Signed Jeff Withey to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($200k), $2.0 million contract.
- 8/28/15 — Signed J.J. O’Brien to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k) $2.4 million contract.
- 10/16/15 — Exercised the options of Dante Exum (third-year), Rodney Hood (third-year), Trey Burke (fourth-year) and Rudy Gobert (fourth-year).
- 10/21/15 — Signed E.J. Singler to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 10/25/15 — Claimed Phil Pressey off waivers (Portland Trail Blazers).
- 10/25/15 — Signed Eric Atkins to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 1/10/16 — Jeff Withey’s $947k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Christapher Johnson’s $981k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/16/16 — Signed J.J. O’Brien to a $30.9k 10-day contract.
- 1/26/16 — Signed Erick Green to a $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 2/5/16 — Signed Erick Green to a second $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 2/18/16 — Traded a Denver Nuggets 2018 second-rounder to Chicago Bulls for Shelvin Mack from Atlanta Hawks.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Isiah Whitehead (42nd) to Brooklyn Nets for $3.0 million and the rights to Marcus Paige (55th).
Waived Players: Jack Cooley, J.J. O’Brien (waived & expired 10-day), Grant Jerrett, Bryce Cotton, Treveon Graham, E.J. Singler, Phil Pressey, Eric Atkins, Elijah Millsap, Erick Green (expired 10-days)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Igor Kokoskov, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development)
Trainer: Brian Zettler, Nick Asay (assistant), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Kevin O’Connor — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dennis Lindsey — General Manager
- Justin Zanik — Assistant General Manager
- Linda Luchetti — Vice President of Basketball Operations.
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (higher of Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics pick) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jarnell Stokes, Jerry Stackhouse or Jerryd Bayless).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter). Pick will come two years after Thunder obligation met to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $3.0 million from Brooklyn Nets (Isiah Whitehead)
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Idaho Stampede (to relocate as the Salt Lake City Stars for the 2016/17 season).
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list