Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Seth Curry
SG: C.J. McCollum, Rodney Hood, Anfernee Simons, Gary Trent Jr.
SF: Mo Harkless, Evan Turner, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Zach Collins, Skal Labissiere
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Meyers Leonard
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Caleb Swanigan, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,740,000
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $1,703,536 (Gary Trent Jr., Seth Curry)
Waived Players: Georgios Papagiannis, Gary Payton II, Cameron Oliver, Chinanu Onuaku
Traded Players: Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, Caleb Swanigan
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (under contract through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager (under contract through 2021)
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Rodney Hood).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Rodney Hood).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
- Before the first day of the 2019-2020 season — Extension deadline for Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zach Collins, Anfernee Simons and Caleb Swanigan.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Trent Jr and Zach Collins.
- 7/1/21 — Jusuf Nurkic’s $13,250,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (incentives TBD).
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Anfernee Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Anfernee Simons (24th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder (the higher of Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves), a 2021 Miami HEAT second-rounder and $1.5 million to Sacramento Kings for the rights to Gary Trent Jr. (2018-37th).
- 6/27/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Jusuf Nurkic.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Anfernee Simons (2018-24th) to a $10,175,938 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Signed Nik Stauskas to a one-year $1,621,415 minimum contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Seth Curry to a one-year $2,795,000 contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Gary Trent Jr. (2018-37th) to a three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/8/18 — Re-signed Jusuf Nurkic to a partially-guaranteed four-year $54 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/19/18 — Wade Baldwin’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/25/18 — Allen Crabbe trade exception expired.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Chinanu Onuaku to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Gary Payton II to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Cameron Oliver to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Picked up team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 2/4/19 — Traded Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin and two second-rounders (2021 and 2023) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Rodney Hood.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Caleb Swanigan to the Sacramento Kings for Skal Labissiere.
- 2/8/19 — Noah Vonleh trade exception ($3,505,233) expired.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Moda Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/9/19)