Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, three non/partially guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Wade Baldwin
SG: C.J. McCollum
SF: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Caleb Swanigan
C: Zach Collins, Meyers Leonard, Georgios Papagiannis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Ed Davis ($12,069,809, full Bird)
- Jusuf Nurkic (RFA $8,841,915, full Bird)
- Shabazz Napier (RFA $7,084,080, full Bird)
- Pat Connaughton (RFA $1,839,228 or UFA $1,499,698, full Bird)
- C.J. Wilcox (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Jake Layman $1,544,951
- Wade Baldwin $1,544,951
- Georgios Papagiannis $1,544,951
Draft Picks: 24th (cap hold $1,609,836); 54th to Dallas Mavericks (Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
- Trade Exception (Tim Quarterman, expiring 6/28/18) — $543,471
- Trade Exception (Allen Crabbe, expiring 7/25/18) — $12,969,502
- Trade Exception (Noah Vonleh, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,505,233
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,291,918
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Wade Baldwin (signing restriction until 6/12/18); Georgios Papagiannis. (signing restriction until 6/18/18)
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (under contract through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager (under contract through 2021)
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Atlanta Hawks (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $2.6 million to Chicago Bulls (Noah Vonleh) — $2.5 million remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 5/15/18 — NBA Draft Lottery.
- 6/12/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Wade Baldwin.
- 6/18/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Georgios Papagiannis.
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/28/18 — Tim Quarterman trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shabazz Napier, Jusuf Nurkic and Pat Connaughton.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/19/18 — Wade Baldwin’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/19/18 — Georgios Papagiannis’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/25/18 — Allen Crabbe trade exception expires.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 2/8/19 — Noah Vonleh trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Moda Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/10/18)