Quick: Over the cap and a projected taxpayer for 2019-20.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): Up to $19.5 million in cap space, less if Rodney Hood and Mario Hezonja opt in.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Damian Lillard
SG: C.J. McCollum, Rodney Hood, Anfernee Simons, Gary Trent Jr.
SF: Kent Bazemore, Mario Hezonja, Nassir Little
PF: Zach Collins, Skal Labissiere, Anthony Tolliver, Jaylen Hoard (two-way)
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Hassan Whiteside, Pau Gasol
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Caleb Swanigan, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,740,000
- Trade Exception (Jake Layman, expiring 7/8/20) — $1,790,993
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Rodney Hood)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Jaylen Hoard
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Terry Stotts
Assistants: Nate Tibbetts (associate head coach), Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jannero Pargo, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr.).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/24/19 — No trade package restriction lifts on Kent Bazemore.
- Before the first day of the 2019-2020 season — Extension deadline for Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zach Collins and Anfernee Simons.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Anthony Tolliver, Pau Gasol, Mario Hezonja and Rodney Hood.
- 1/30/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on C.J. McCollum.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Zach Collins.
- 2/7/20 — Caleb Swanigan trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Skal Labissiere.
- 6/29/20 — Player options for Rodney Hood and Mario Hezonja.
- 7/6/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Damian Lillard.
- 7/8/20 — Jake Layman trade exception expires.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Trent Jr and Zach Collins.
- 7/1/21 — Jusuf Nurkic’s $13,250,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (incentives TBD).
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Anfernee Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/24/19 — Signed General Manager Neil Olshey to a contract extension.
- 5/24/19 — Signed Terry Stotts to a contract extension.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Nassir Little (25th).
- 6/24/19 — Traded Evan Turner to the Atlanta Hawks for Kent Bazemore.
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Jake Layman.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Jaylen Hoard to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Nassir Little (2019-25th) to a $10,803,948 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Mario Hezonja to a two-year $3,714,156 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Meyers Leonard to the Miami HEAT and Mo Harkless to the Los Angeles Clippers for Hassan Whiteside from the HEAT, with Jimmy Butler to Miami and Josh Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed Rodney Hood to a two-year $16 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Damian Lillard to a four-year designated veteran (supermax) $196 million extension.
- 7/8/19 — Sent Jake Layman, via sign and trade, to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the rights to Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th).
- 7/25/19 — Signed Pau Gasol to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/30/19 — C.J. McCollum signed a three-year $100 million extension.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Rodney Hood (implicit)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Arena: Moda Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/5/19)