Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): $0
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Luis Montero ($874,636), Tim Quarterman ($543,471 — $75,000 guaranteed), Grant Jerrett ($980,431)
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier, Tim Quarterman
SG: C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Pat Connaughton, Luis Montero, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Meyers Leonard, Ed Davis, Grant Jerrett
C: Mason Plumlee, Festus Ezeli, Noah Vonleh
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Noah Vonleh ($3,505,233), Shabazz Napier ($2,361,360)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Mason Plumlee
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Mason Plumlee.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Festus Ezeli, Tim Quarterman, Grant Jerrett and Evan Turner.
- 1/10/17 — Grant Jerrett’s $980,431 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Luis Montero’s $875k guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Tim Quarterman’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Allen Crabbe, Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard.
- 1/27/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on C.J. McCollum.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Grant Jerrett and Mason Plumlee.
- 6/30/17 — Festus Ezeli’s $7,733,000 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 7/25/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/1/17 — Luis Montero’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 1/10/18 — Tim Quarterman’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Noah Vonleh, Shabazz Napier, Tim Quarterman, Pat Connaughton and Luis Montero.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player option deadline for Allen Crabbe.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/16/16 — Extended Coach Terry Stott’s contract by three years (TBD)
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Orlando Magic for the rights to Jake Layman (47th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers for Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Allen Crabbe.
- 7/7/16 — Traded $75,000 to Orlando Magic for Shabazz Napier.
- 7/5/16 — Renounced the rights to Chris Kaman and Gerald Henderson.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Jake Layman (2016-47th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Evan Turner to a four-year, $70 million contract with Evan Turner.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Festus Ezeli to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $15.1 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Meyers Leonard to a four-year, $41 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Matched the Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet, signing Allen Crabbe to a four-year, $74.8 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/23/16 — Signed Tim Quarterman to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Mo Harkless to a four-year, $42,000,000 contract (including $2 million in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/27/16 — Signed C.J. McCollum to a four-year, $106,633,450 contract extension.
- 8/16/16 — Signed Grant Jerrett to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
Waived Players: Cliff Alexander
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2016, through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Chris Stackpole (player development)
Trainers: Geoff Clark, Todd Forcier (strength and conditioning), Ben Kenyon (strength and conditioning)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2019, if not conveyed, converts to lower second-rounder of Los Angeles Lakers/Minnesota Timberwolves, and a 2021 Cleveland Cavaliers second-rounder) from Cavaliers (Anderson Varejao).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $75,000 to Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Allen Crabbe — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/25/16)