Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): None
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier, Tim Quarterman
SG: C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Mo Harkless, Evan Turner, Pat Connaughton, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis
C: Mason Plumlee, Noah Vonleh, Meyers Leonard, Festus Ezeli (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 1/27/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on C.J. McCollum.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mason Plumlee.
- 6/30/17 — Festus Ezeli’s $7,733,000 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 7/25/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,471,382 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 1/10/18 — Tim Quarterman’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Noah Vonleh, Shabazz Napier, Tim Quarterman and Pat Connaughton.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player option deadline for Allen Crabbe.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/16/16 — Extended Coach Terry Stott’s contract by three years (TBD)
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Orlando Magic for the rights to Jake Layman (47th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers for Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Allen Crabbe.
- 7/7/16 — Traded $75,000 to Orlando Magic for Shabazz Napier.
- 7/5/16 — Renounced the rights to Chris Kaman and Gerald Henderson.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Jake Layman (2016-47th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Evan Turner to a four-year, $70 million contract with Evan Turner.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Festus Ezeli to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $15.1 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Meyers Leonard to a four-year, $41 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Matched the Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet, signing Allen Crabbe to a four-year, $74.8 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/23/16 — Signed Tim Quarterman to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Mo Harkless to a four-year, $42,000,000 contract (including $2 million in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/27/16 — Signed C.J. McCollum to a four-year, $106,633,450 contract extension.
- 8/16/16 — Signed Grant Jerrett to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/12/16 — Signed Greg Stiemsma to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,139,123 summer contract.
- 10/24/16 — Picked up team options on Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 1/6/17 — Traded a protected 2018 first-rounder (Cleveland Cavaliers) back to Cavaliers for a 2017 first-rounder.
- 1/10/17 — Tim Quarterman’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
Waived Players: Cliff Alexander, Luis Montero, Grant Jerrett, Greg Stiemsma
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Allen Crabbe (matched offer sheet)
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2016, through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Anderson Varejao, 2017 pick swap)
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $75,000 to Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Allen Crabbe — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/16/17)