Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Quick: $7.8 million in cap space.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$42.2 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Draft Picks: None
- Bird: Gerald Henderson, Meyers Leonard (restricted), Moe Harkless (restricted)
- Early Bird; Chris Kaman, Brian Roberts, Allen Crabbe (restricted)
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Luis Montero ($874,636), Cliff Alexander ($874,636)
Qualifying Offers: Meyers Leonard ($4,045,894), Moe Harkless ($4,045,894), Allen Crabbe ($2,725,003)
PG: Damian Lillard
SG: C.J. McCollum
SF: Allen Crabbe, Pat Connaughton, Luis Montero
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis
C: Mason Plumlee, Noah Vonleh
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Noah Vonleh ($3,505,233)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: C.J. McCollum, Mason Plumlee
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Cliff Alexander’s $874k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Allen Crabbe.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for C.J. McCollum and Mason Plumlee.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Noah Vonleh.
- 1/10/17 — Luis Montero’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for C.J. McCollum, Mason Plumlee and Cliff Alexander.
- 7/25/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 8/1/17 — Luis Montero’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Noah Vonleh.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Noah Vonleh, Pat Connaughton and Luis Montero.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
Assistants: Jay Triano, David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, Chris Stackpole (player development)
Trainers: Geoff Clark, Todd Forcier (strength and conditioning), Ben Kenyon (strength and conditioning)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2019, but two years after Cleveland Cavaliers’ Phoenix Suns obligation, if not conveyed, converts to lower second-rounder of Los Angeles Lakers/Minnesota Timberwolves, and a 2012 Cavaliers second-rounder) from Cavaliers (Anderson Varejao).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $75 to Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood); $75k to Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)