Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
Estimated Contracts: Allen Crabbe
Note: Estimated contracts are based on reports, with a standard, increasing schedule — they are ONLY estimates.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): TBD
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
- Bird: Moe Harkless (restricted, $8,330,850 cap hold)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Luis Montero ($874,636)
Qualifying Offers: Moe Harkless ($4,045,894)
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier
SG: C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Evan Turner, Pat Connaughton, Luis Montero, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Meyers Leonard, Ed Davis
C: Mason Plumlee, Festus Ezeli, Noah Vonleh
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Noah Vonleh ($3,505,233), Shabazz Napier ($2,361,360)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: C.J. McCollum, Mason Plumlee
- 8/5/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jake Layman.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for C.J. McCollum and Mason Plumlee.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Festus Ezeli and Evan Turner.
- 1/10/17 — Luis Montero’s $875k guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Allen Crabbe and Meyers Leonard.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for C.J. McCollum and Mason Plumlee.
- 6/30/17 — Festus Ezeli’s $7,733,000 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 7/25/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/1/17 — Luis Montero’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Noah Vonleh, Shabazz Napier, Pat Connaughton and Luis Montero.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player option deadline for Allen Crabbe.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/16/16 — Extended Coach Terry Stott’s contract by three years (TBD)
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and cash (TBD) to Orlando Magic for the rights to Jake Layman (47th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers for Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless and Allen Crabbe.
- 7/7/16 — Traded cash (TBD) to Orlando Magic for Shabazz Napier.
- 7/5/16 — Renounced the rights to Chris Kaman and Gerald Henderson.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Jake Layman (2016-47th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Evan Turner to a four-year, $70 million contract with Evan Turner.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Festus Ezeli to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $15.1 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Meyers Leonard to a four-year, $41 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Matched the Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet, signing Allen Crabbe to a four-year, $74.8 million contract, player option on final season.
Waived Players: Cliff Alexander
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2016, through 2019/20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Chris Stackpole (player development)
Trainers: Geoff Clark, Todd Forcier (strength and conditioning), Ben Kenyon (strength and conditioning)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2019, if not conveyed, converts to lower second-rounder of Los Angeles Lakers/Minnesota Timberwolves, and a 2021 Cleveland Cavaliers second-rounder) from Cavaliers (Anderson Varejao).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): TBD to Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Allen Crabbe — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/16)