Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Quick: Up to $19.8 million in cap space, depending on the non-guaranteed contracts of Tim Frazier, Cliff Alexander, Phil Pressey and Allen Crabbe.
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Tim Frazier, Phil Pressey
SG: Gerald Henderson, C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Mo Harkless, Pat Connaughton, Luis Montero, Mike Miller
PF: Meyers Leonard, Noah Vonleh, Cliff Alexander
C: Mason Plumlee, Ed Davis, Chris Kaman
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Noah Vonleh (third-year), Mason Plumlee (fourth-year), C.J. McCollum (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Meyers Leonard, Mo Harkless
- 8/8/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Pat Connaughton.
- 10/31/15 — Team option for Noah Vonleh, Mason Plumlee and C.J. McCollum.
- 10/31/15 — Extension deadline for Meyers Leonard and Mo Harkless.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis and Luis Montero.
- 1/10/16 — Tim Frazier’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 7/25/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 8/1/17 — Luis Montero’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- TBD — Phil Pressey’s $947k guarantee date for 15/16.
- TBD — Cliff Alexander’s $525k guarantee date for 15/16.
- TBD — Cliff Alexander’s $874k guarantee date for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/19/15 — Steve Blake opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Arron Afflalo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Nicolas Batum to Charlotte Hornets for Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd) to Brooklyn Nets for Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st).
- 6/25/15 — Traded 1.5 million in cash to Utah Jazz for the rights to Daniel Diez (2015-54th)
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez, Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee and Earl Watson.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Al-Farouq Aminu to a four-year, $30 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Ed Davis to a three-year, $20.0 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Damian Lillard to a five-year, $120.4 million extension.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Pat Connaughton (2015-41st) to a three-year, $2.5 million partially-guaranteed contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Luis Montero to a three-year, $2.4 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Enes Kanter to a four-year, $70.1 million offer sheet, final season player option.
- 7/12/15 — Oklahoma City Thunder matched the Blazers’ offer to Enes Kanter.
- 7/14/15 — Traded a protected (top-55) 2020 second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers for Mo Harkless.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Phil Pressey to a one-year, non-guaranteed (TBD) $947k minimum contract.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Cliff Alexander to a two-year, partially-guaranteed (TBD) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/26/15 — Renounced the rights to Joel Freeland.
- 7/27/15 — Traded $75k to Cleveland Cavaliers for Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, a 2019 second-rounder (higher of Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers) and a 2020 second-rounder.
Waived Players: Brendan Haywood
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic if higher than Chicago Bulls’ selection, otherwise pick goes to Bulls (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Anthony Randolph).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Orlando Magic (Mo Harkless).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $75 to Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
- Early Bird: Dorell Wright
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
Dorell Wright — $4,075,500 (Early Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/31/15)