Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: Up to $28.7 million
- Room: $2,814,000
- Bird: LaMarcus Aldridge (leaving for San Antonio Spurs), Robin Lopez (leaving for New York Knicks), Wesley Matthews (leaving for Dallas Mavericks), Arron Afflalo (leaving New York Knicks), Joel Freeland
- Early Bird: Dorell Wright
- Non-Bird: Alonzo Gee, Earl Watson* (retired)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Noah Vonleh (third-year), Mason Plumlee (fourth-year), C.J. McCollum (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Damian Lillard, Meyers Leonard
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
- 6/19/15 — Steve Blake opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Arron Afflalo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Nicolas Batum to Charlotte Hornets for Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd) to Brooklyn Nets for Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st).
- 6/25/15 — Traded 1.5 million in cash to Utah Jazz for the rights to Daniel Diez (2015-54th)
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Al-Farouq Aminu to a four-year, $30 million deal.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Ed Davis to a three-year, $20.1 million deal.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to extend Damian Lillard on an estimated five-year, $120 million deal.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Pat Connaughton (2015-41st), Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Tim Frazier
SG: C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Gerald Henderson
PF: Meyers Leonard, Noah Vonleh
C: Mason Plumlee, Ed Davis, Chris Kaman
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic if higher than Chicago Bulls’ selection, otherwise pick goes to Bulls (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Anthony Randolph).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Alonzo Gee — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Earl Watson — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
Dorell Wright — $4,075,500 (Early Bird)
Joel Freeland — $5,725,673 (Limited Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/6/15)