Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, one non/partially guaranteed
PG: Damian Lillard, Seth Curry, Wade Baldwin
SG: C.J. McCollum, Anfernee Simons, Nik Stauskas, Gary Trent Jr.
SF: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Jake Layman
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Caleb Swanigan
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins, Meyers Leonard
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Ed Davis ($12,069,809, full Bird, reportedly leaving for Brooklyn Nets)
- Pat Connaughton ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- C.J. Wilcox (two-way, non-Bird)
- Wade Baldwin $1,544,951
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
- Trade Exception (Allen Crabbe, expiring 7/25/18) — $12,969,502
- Trade Exception (Noah Vonleh, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,505,233
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $1,703,536 (Gary Trent Jr., Seth Curry)
Waived Players: Georgios Papagiannis
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Georgios Papagiannis. (signing restriction until 6/18/18)
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (under contract through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager (under contract through 2021)
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/19/18 — Wade Baldwin’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/25/18 — Allen Crabbe trade exception expires.
- 8/1/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Anfernee Simons.
- 8/5/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Gary Trent Jr.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Seth Curry and Nik Stauskas.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jusuf Nurkic.
- 2/8/19 — Noah Vonleh trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zach Collins, Anfernee Simons and Caleb Swanigan.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Trent Jr., Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Anfernee Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Anfernee Simons (24th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder (the higher of Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves), a 2021 Miami HEAT second-rounder and $1.5 million to Sacramento Kings for the rights to Gary Trent Jr. (2018-37th).
- 6/27/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Jusuf Nurkic.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Anfernee Simons (2018-24th) to a $10,175,938 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Signed Nik Stauskas to a one-year $1,621,415 minimum contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Seth Curry to a one-year $2,795,000 contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Gary Trent Jr. (2018-37th) to a three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/8/18 — Re-signed Jusuf Nurkic to an estimated partially-guaranteed four-year $48 million contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Moda Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/18)