Quick: Currently over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 2/13/18) — $407,210
- Trade Exception (Tim Quarterman, expiring 6/28/18) — $543,471
- Trade Exception (Allen Crabbe, expiring 7/25/18) — $12,969,502
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,192,000
- Archie Goodwin $1,577,230
- Isaiah Briscoe $815,615
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one TBD
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier, Isaiah Briscoe
SG: C.J. McCollum, Archie Goodwin, Anthony Morrow
SF: Mo Harkless, Evan Turner, Pat Connaughton, Jake Layman
PF: Noah Vonleh, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis, Caleb Swanigan
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Meyers Leonard, Zach Collins
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: C.J. Wilcox
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (under contract through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager (under contract through 2021)
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez), pick will convey to Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Noah Vonleh, Jusuf Nurkic and Shabazz Napier.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Isaiah Briscoe and Archie Goodwin.
- 1/10/18 — Archie Goodwin’s $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Isaiah Briscoe’s $815,615 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 2/13/18 — Mason Plumlee trade exception expires.
- 6/28/18 — Tim Quarterman trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Isaiah Briscoe, Noah Vonleh, Shabazz Napier, Jusuf Nurkic and Pat Connaughton.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/25/18 — Allen Crabbe trade exception expires.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 6/29/19 — Player option deadline for Allen Crabbe.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 10/31/20 — Extension deadlines on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Caleb Swanigan (26th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Justin Jackson (15th) and Harry Giles (20th) to Sacramento Kings for Zach Collins (10th)
- 6/28/17 — Traded Tim Quarterman to Houston Rockets for $100,000.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Zach Collins (2017-10th) to a $16,332,615 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Caleb Swanigan (2017-26th) to an $8,904,867 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/25/17 — Trade Allen Crabbe (waived trade kicker) to Brooklyn Nets for Andrew Nicholson.
- 8/9/17 — Signed C.J. Wilcox to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/31/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 9/11/17 — Archie Goodwin signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 9/14/17 — Isaiah Briscoe signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Anthony Morrow (TBD).
Waived Players: Festus Ezeli, Andrew Nicholson (stretched)
Traded Players: Tim Quarterman, Allen Crabbe
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Arena: Moda Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/18/17)