Quick: Over the cap and a projected taxpayer for 2019-20.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): Up to $16.2 million in cap space, less if Rodney Hood and Mario Hezonja opt in.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Damian Lillard, Anfernee Simons
SG: C.J. McCollum, Gary Trent Jr., Rodney Hood (inured)
SF: Trevor Ariza, Mario Hezonja, Nassir Little
PF: Carmelo Anthony, Wenyen Gabriel, Caleb Swanigan, Jaylen Hoard (two-way), Zach Collins (injured)
C: Hassan Whiteside, Moses Brown (two-way), Jusuf Nurkic (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Disabled Player Exception (Rodney Hood, expiring 3/10/20) — $2,859,000
- Trade Exception (Jake Layman, expiring 7/8/20) — $1,790,993
- Trade Exception (Kent Bazemore, expiring 1/21/21) — $7,069,662
- Trade Exception (Skal Labissiere, expiring 2/6/21) — $2,338,847
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Rodney Hood)
Waived Players: Keljin Blevins, Troy Caupain, London Perrantes, Pau Gasol
Traded Players: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver, Skal Labissiere
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Jaylen Hoard, Moses Brown
Head Coach: Terry Stotts
Assistants: Nate Tibbetts (associate head coach), Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jannero Pargo, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Brooklyn Nets (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr.).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Skal Labissiere).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1,759,795 to the Atlanta Hawks (Skal Labissiere) — $3,857,205 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 3/10/20 — Rodney Hood disabled player exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Wenyen Gabriel.
- 6/29/20 — Player options for Rodney Hood and Mario Hezonja.
- 6/30/20 — Trevor Ariza’s $12.8 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/6/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Damian Lillard.
- 7/8/20 — Jake Layman trade exception expires.
- 2/6/21 — Skal Labissiere trade exception expires.
- Before first day of 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on Zach Collins.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Anfernee Simons.
- 1/21/21 — Kent Bazemore trade exception expires.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Trent Jr and Zach Collins.
- 7/1/21 — Jusuf Nurkic’s $13,250,000 guarantees for 2021-22 (incentives TBD).
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Anfernee Simons.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Anfernee Simons.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 5/24/19 — Signed General Manager Neil Olshey to a contract extension.
- 5/24/19 — Signed Terry Stotts to a contract extension.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Nassir Little (25th).
- 6/24/19 — Traded Evan Turner to the Atlanta Hawks for Kent Bazemore.
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Jake Layman.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Jaylen Hoard to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Nassir Little (2019-25th) to a $10,803,948 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Mario Hezonja to a two-year $3,714,156 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/3/19 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Meyers Leonard to the Miami HEAT and Mo Harkless to the Los Angeles Clippers for Hassan Whiteside from the HEAT, with Jimmy Butler to Miami and Josh Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed Rodney Hood to a two-year $16 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Damian Lillard to a four-year designated veteran (supermax) $196 million extension.
- 7/8/19 — Sent Jake Layman, via sign and trade, to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the rights to Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th).
- 7/25/19 — Signed Pau Gasol to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/30/19 — C.J. McCollum signed a three-year $100 million extension.
- 9/9/19 — Signed Moses Brown to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/12/19 — Signed Troy Caupain to a non-guaranteed 1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/12/19 — Signed London Perrantes to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Picked up Anfernee Simons’ third-year rookie-scale option.
- 9/24/19 — Picked up Zach Collins’ fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 9/30/19 — Signed Keljin Blevins to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 – Waived Keljin Blevins, Troy Caupain and London Perrantes.
- 10/18/19 — Converted Moses Brown to a two-way contract.
- 11/19/19 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a non-guaranteed $2,159,029 minimum contract.
- 12/5/19 — Guaranteed Carmelo Anthony’s $2,159,029 for 2019-20.
- 1/21/20 — Traded Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and two second-rounders to the Sacramento Kings for Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Skal Labissiere and $1,759,795 to the Atlanta Hawks for a protected 2024 second-rounder.
- 2/7/20 — Caleb Swanigan trade exception ($1,740,000) expired.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Rodney Hood (implicit), Carmelo Anthony (signing restriction), Trevor Ariza (package restriction only), Caleb Swanigan (package restriction only), Wenyen Gabriel (package restriction only)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Arena: Moda Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/10/20)