Portland Trail Blazers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$39.2 million, depending on player options for Arron Afflalo and Steve Blake, cap holds for LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez and others, along with the partially-guaranteed salary of Chris Kaman.
Draft Picks: 23rd
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez, Wesley Matthews, Arron Afflalo (player option), Joel Freeland (restricted*)
- Early Bird: Dorell Wright
- Non-Bird: Steve Blake (player option), Alonzo Gee, Earl Watson** (retired)
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: C.J. McCollum (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Damian Lillard, Meyers Leonard
Amnesty: Used on Brandon Roy
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Roster Count: Four guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, two option
PG: Damian Lillard, Steve Blake, Tim Frazier
SG: Arron Afflalo, C.J. McCollum, Allen Crabbe
SF: Nicolas Batum
PF: Meyers Leonard
C: Chris Kaman
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
- Neil Olshey — General Manager
- Bill Branch — Assistant General Manager
- Steve Rosenberry — Assistant General Manager
- Joe Cronin — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic if higher than Chicago Bulls’ selection, otherwise pick goes to Bulls (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Anthony Randolph).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Thomas Robinson).
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Earl Watson — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/5/15)