Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Tim Quarterman, expiring 6/28/18) — $543,471
- Trade Exception (Allen Crabbe, expiring 7/25/18) — $12,969,502
- Trade Exception (Noah Vonleh, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,505,233
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,192,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one 10-day, two two-ways
PG: Damian Lillard, Shabazz Napier, Wade Baldwin (two-way)
SG: C.J. McCollum, Pat Connaughton, C.J. Wilcox (two-way)
SF: Evan Turner, Mo Harkless, Jake Layman, Brandon Rush (10-day)
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Caleb Swanigan
C: Jusuf Nurkic, Ed Davis, Zach Collins, Meyers Leonard
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: C.J. Wilcox (one-year), Wade Baldwin (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Terry Stotts (under contract through 2019-20 season, approximately $5 million per season)
Assistants: David Vanterpool, Nate Tibbetts, Dale Osbourne, Jim Moran, John McCullough, Jonathan Yim (video coordinator/player development)
Trainers: Chris Stackpole (director of player health and performance), Geoff Clark (head athletic trainer), Todd Forcier (strength performance specialist), Ben Kenyon (strength performance specialist), Ryan Podell (sports scientist)
- Neil Olshey — general manager (under contract through 2021)
- Bill Branch — assistant general manager
- Steve Rosenberry — assistant general manager
- Joe Cronin — director of player personnel
- 2018 — Sacramento Kings have the right to swap second rounders (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez), pick will convey to Dallas Mavericks (Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Jake Layman).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Atlanta Hawks (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $2.6 million to Chicago Bulls (Noah Vonleh) — $2.5 million remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 3/2/18 — Brandon Rush’s 10-day contract expires.
- 6/28/18 — Tim Quarterman trade exception expired.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shabazz Napier, Jusuf Nurkic and Pat Connaughton.
- 6/30/18 — Jake Layman’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/25/18 — Allen Crabbe trade exception expires.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 2/8/19 — Noah Vonleh trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jake Layman.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines on Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Caleb Swanigan (26th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Justin Jackson (15th) and Harry Giles (20th) to Sacramento Kings for Zach Collins (10th)
- 6/28/17 — Traded Tim Quarterman to Houston Rockets for $100,000.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Zach Collins (2017-10th) to a $16,332,615 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Caleb Swanigan (2017-26th) to an $8,904,867 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/25/17 — Trade Allen Crabbe (waived trade kicker) to Brooklyn Nets for Andrew Nicholson.
- 8/9/17 — Signed C.J. Wilcox to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/31/17 — Pat Connaughton’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 9/11/17 — Archie Goodwin signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 9/14/17 — Isaiah Briscoe signed a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Anthony Morrow to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,116,955 summer contract.
- 10/19/17 — Signed Wade Baldwin to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Noah Vonleh and $2.6 million to Chicago Bulls for the rights to Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th)
- 2/13/18 — Mason Plumlee trade exception expired.
- 2/21/18 — Signed Brandon Rush to a 10-day, $119,602 contract.
Waived Players: Festus Ezeli, Andrew Nicholson (stretched), Archie Goodwin, Anthony Morrow, Isaiah Briscoe
Traded Players: Tim Quarterman, Allen Crabbe, Noah Vonleh
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Diez (2015-54th), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Nedzad Sinanovic (2003-54th), Federico Kammerichs (2002-51st), Doron Sheffer (1996-36th), Marcelo Nicola (1993-50th)
Arena: Moda Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/23/18)