Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 (flat $109.14 million cap): Up to $18.4 million, none with Bogdan Bogdanovic’s cap hold and Jabari Parker’s player option.
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, one player option, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Cory Joseph, Kyle Guy (two-way)
SG: Buddy Hield
SF: Harrison Barnes, Justin James
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Nemanja Bjelica, Jabari Parker (PO)
C: Richaun Holmes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Dewayne Dedmon, expiring 2/6/21) — $2,673,334
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
2020 NBA Draft*: 12th ($3,831,840 cap hold), 35th from the Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic), 42nd/43rd*, 52nd from the Houston Rockets (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku, Iman Shumpert)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vanja Marinkovic (2019-60th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Nemanja Bjelica $7,150,000 — 10/17/20
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: Kent Bazemore $28,904,493, Bogdan Bogdanovic (RFA, $16,205,833)
- Early Bird: Alex Len ($5,408,000), Yogi Ferrell ($4,095,000), Corey Brewer ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Jabari Parker (TO, $7,800,000), DaQuan Jeffries (RFA TBD, two-way)
- Declined First: Harry Giles ($3,976,510
* Estimated, pending the 2020-21 salary-cap figure.
Qualifying Offers (Pending)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic $10,661,733
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- De’Aaron Fox
- Marvin Bagley III
- Buddy Hield $19,772,242
Note: Expires 10/18/20.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (Anthony McClish general manager, Ty Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Kyle Guy
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Bob Beyer, Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana, Bobby Jackson (assistant player development coach), Lindsey Harding (assistant coach/player development), Stacey Augmon (assistant coach/player development), Rico Hines (player development), Jonah Herscu (advance scout) and Will Scott (head video coordinator and player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer), Teena Murray (senior director of athlete health and performance)
- Joe Dumars — interim executive vice president of basketball operations
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- Greg Stratton — director of scouting
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 10/15/20 — Player option on Jabari Parker.
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/17/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bogdan Bogdanovic.
- 10/17/20 — Nemanja Bjelica’s $7,150,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/18/20 — Buddy Hield’s poison pill expires.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Marvin Bagley III (revised date TBD).
- Before the first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on De’Aaron Fox.
- 2/6/21 — Dewayne Dedmon trade exception expires.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on De’Aaron Fox.
- 6/30/21 — Cory Joesph’s $12.6 million guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/15/21 — Justin James’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22 season.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 8/14/20 — General manager Vlade Divac stepped down.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Kent Bazemore (no-package only), Anthony Tolliver (no-package only)
Arena: Golden 1 Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/18/20)