Quick: Under the cap by $4.3 million
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): Up to $29.4 million
- Room: $4,328,000
- Matt Jones $815,615
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: George Hill, De’Aaron Fox, Frank Mason
SG: Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Malachi Richardson, Matt Jones
SF: Garrett Temple, Justin Jackson, Vince Carter
PF: Zach Randolph, Skal Labissiere, Harry Giles
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Darrick Martin head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: JaKarr Sampson (one-year), Jack Cooley (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (four-year, $16 million deal starting for 2016-17 season — team option on final year)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach), Phil Ricci (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head strength and conditioning coach)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Brandon Williams — assistant general manager.
- Peja Stojakovic — director of player personnel and development.
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second-rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez). Blazers will send pick to Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee).
- 2019 — Owed the most favorable of Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers or Orlando Magic second-rounders from Sacramento Kings (Scott Perry).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $400,000 from New York Knicks (Scott Perry)
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis, Buddy Hield and Malachi Richardson.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Zach Randolph, Vince Carter Matt Jones and George Hill.
- 1/10/18 — Matt Jones’ $815,615 guarantees for 2017-18.
- Earlier of two days before the 2018 NBA draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option for Kosta Koufos.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Garrett Temple.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Matt Jones.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis, Buddy Hield, Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox, Harry Giles and Malachi Richardson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 7/1/19 — George Hill’s $18.0 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/15/19 — Frank Mason’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines on Buddy Hield, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Frank Mason, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
- 10/31/20 — Extension deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/10/17 — Rudy Gay opted out of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted De’Aaron Fox (5th) and Frank Mason (34th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Zach Collins (10th) to Portland Trail Blazers for Justin Jackson (15th) and Harry Giles (20th).
- 6/24/17 — Langston Galloway opted out of his contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Harry Giles (2017-20th) to a $10,621,750 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Justin Jackson (2017-15th) to a $13,484,010 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed De’Aaron Fox (2017-5th) to a $24,572,507 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Vince Carter to a one-year, $8.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed George Hill to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $57.0 million contract.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Frank Mason (2017-34th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $4,181,147 contract.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th) to a three-year, $26,825,000 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Agreed to let Scott Perry leave for New York Knicks in return for a second-rounder and $400,000. Teams cannot make any trades through 2017-18 season.
- 7/20/17 — Renounced the rights to Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st).
- 7/28/17 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/28/17 — Signed Jack Cooley to a one-year, two-way contract.
Waived Players: Anthony Tolliver, Arron Afflalo
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Ty Lawson ($1,471,382)
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/18/17)