Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): Up to $22.3 million, less if Jabari Parker opts in.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Cory Joseph, Yogi Ferrell, Kyle Guy (two-way)
SG: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Buddy Hield, DaQuan Jeffries (two-way)
SF: Harrison Barnes, Kent Bazemore, Cory Brewer, Justin James
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Nemanja Bjelica, Jabari Parker
C: Alex Len, Richaun Holmes, Harry Giles
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Dewayne Dedmon, expiring 2/6/21) — $2,673,334
- Room Exception — $0 (Richaun Holmes)
Waived Players: Frank Mason, B.J. Johnson, Isaiah Pineiro, Eric Mika, Hollis Thompson, Tyler Ulis, Tyler Lydon, Anthony Tolliver
Traded Players: Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel, Caleb Swanigan, Dewayne Dedmon
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Eric Mika
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (Anthony McClish general manager, Ty Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Kyle Guy (two year), DaQuan Jeffries
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Bob Beyer, Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana, Bobby Jackson (assistant player development coach), Lindsey Harding (assistant coach/player development), Stacey Augmon (assistant coach/player development), Rico Hines (player development), Jonah Herscu (advance scout) and Will Scott (head video coordinator and player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer), Teena Murray (senior director of athlete health and performance)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- Greg Stratton — director of scouting
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Houston Rockets or Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku, Iman Shumpert).
- 2020 — Owe the highest second-rounder (Miami HEAT, Houston Rockets or Golden State Warriors) to the Atlanta Hawks (Dewayne Dedmon).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 10/15/20 — Player option on Jabari Parker.
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/17/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bogdan Bogdanovic.
- 10/17/20 — Nemanja Bjelica’s $7,150,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/18/20 — Buddy Hield’s poison pill expires.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Marvin Bagley III (revised date TBD).
- Before the first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on De’Aaron Fox.
- 2/6/21 — Dewayne Dedmon trade exception expires.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on De’Aaron Fox.
- 6/30/21 — Cory Joesph’s $12.6 million guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/15/21 — Justin James’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22 season.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 4/11/19 — Fired coach Dave Joerger
- 4/11/19 — Extended vice president of basketball and general manager Vlade Divac’s contract.
- 4/15/19 — Hired Coach Luke Walton.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Justin James (40th), Ignas Brazdeikis (47th), Vanja Marinkovic (60th).
- 6/20/19 — Harrison Barnes opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/19 — Traded the draft rights to Ignas Brazdeikis (47th) to the New York Knicks for the draft rights to Kyle Guy (55th) and $1,000,000.
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 7/1/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 7/4/19 — Waived Frank Mason.
- 7/4/19 — Guaranteed Yogi Ferrell’s $3.15 million salary for 2019-2020.
- 7/4/19 — Waived Frank Mason.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced Willie Cauley-Stein, Corey Brewer, Alec Burks, Troy Williams and Kosta Koufos.
- 7/7/19 – -Signed Cory Joseph to a partially-guaranteed three-year $37,200,000 contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Kyle Guy (2019-55th) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a partially-guaranteed three-year $40.9 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/8/19 — Signed Trevor Ariza to a partially-guaranteed two-year $25 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Harrison Barnes to a four-year $85 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Justin James (2019-40th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 7/16/19 — Signed Richaun Holmes to a two-year $9,772,350 contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Tyler Lydon to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,383,360 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Waived B.J. Johnson.
- 7/29/19 — Signed Isaiah Pineiro to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/20/19 — Signed Eric Mika to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Signed Tyler Ulis to a partially-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum contract.
- 10/11/19 — Waived Isaiah Pineiro and Eric Mika.
- 10/11/19 — Signed Hollis Thompson to a partially-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum contract.
- 10/20/19 — Waived Hollis Thompson and Tyler Ulis.
- 10/21/19 — Waived Tyler Lydon.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Wenyen Gabriel to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 10/21/19 — Claimed DaQuan Jeffries off waivers (from the Orlando Magic).
- 10/21/19 — Converted DaQuan Jeffries to a two-way contract.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Buddy Hield to a four-year $106 million rookie-scale extension (incentives TBD).
- 10/24/19 — Picked up De’Aaron Fox’s fourth-year rookie-scale options.
- 10/31/19 — Picked up Marvin Bagley’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/31/19 — Declined Harry Giles and Caleb Swanigan’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 1/10/20 — Wenyen Gabriel’s $1,445,697 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/21/20 — Traded Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to the Portland Trail Blazers for Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and two second-rounders.
- 2/1/20 — Signed Eric Mika to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 2/6/20 — Ended Eric Mika’s 10-day contract.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Dewayne Dedmon and a 2020 second-rounder (from the Miami HEAT, Golden State Warriors or Houston Rockets) and a Miami 2021 second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks for Alex Len and Jabari Parker.
- 2/29/20 — Waived Anthony Tolliver.
- 7/23/20 — Signed Corey Brewer for the rest of the season at $289,803.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Kent Bazemore (no-package only), Anthony Tolliver (no-package only)
- Buddy Hield $19,772,242
Note: Expires 10/18/20.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vanja Marinkovic (2019-60th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/20)