Quick: Under the cap by 3.5 million.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $46.9 million
- Room: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Frank Mason
SG: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Buddy Hield, Iman Shumpert
SF: Garrett Temple, Justin Jackson, Vince Carter, Bruno Caboclo, JaKarr Sampson (two-way)
PF: Zach Randolph, Harry Giles (injured), Jack Cooley (two-way)
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Anthony McClish general manager, Darrick Martin head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: JaKarr Sampson (one-year), Jack Cooley (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (under contract through 2019-20)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach), Phil Ricci (assistant player development coach), Jenny Boucek (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager (under contract through 2019-20)
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Brandon Williams — assistant general manager.
- Peja Stojakovic — vice president of basketball and team development
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- 2018 — Kings have swap rights on the Portland Trail Blazers’ second-rounder (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez), the lower pick will go to Dallas Mavericks (Mason Plumlee, Emmanuel Mudiay).
- 2019 — Owed the most favorable of Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers or Portland Trail Blazers’ second-rounders (Scott Perry).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas) or Boston Celtics (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (higher) or Milwaukee Bucks (Luc Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $400,000 from New York Knicks (Scott Perry); $2.1 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill); $1.1 million from Utah Jazz (George Hill) — $1.5 million remaining
- Seven days prior to 2018 NBA Draft, by 6/29/18 — Iman Shumpert player option.
- Earlier of two days before the 2018 NBA draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option for Kosta Koufos.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Garrett Temple.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer on Bruno Caboclo.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- Before first day of 2018-19 season — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Skal Labissiere, Buddy Hield, Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/15/19 — Frank Mason’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadlines on Buddy Hield and Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Frank Mason and Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/20 — Extension deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/10/17 — Rudy Gay opted out of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted De’Aaron Fox (5th) and Frank Mason (34th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Zach Collins (10th) to Portland Trail Blazers for Justin Jackson (15th) and Harry Giles (20th).
- 6/24/17 — Langston Galloway opted out of his contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Harry Giles (2017-20th) to a $10,621,750 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Justin Jackson (2017-15th) to a $13,484,010 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed De’Aaron Fox (2017-5th) to a $24,572,507 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Vince Carter to a one-year, $8.0 million contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed George Hill to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $57.0 million contract.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Frank Mason (2017-34th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $4,181,147 contract.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th) to a three-year, $26,825,000 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Agreed to let Scott Perry leave for New York Knicks in return for a second-rounder and $400,000. Teams cannot make any trades through 2017-18 season.
- 7/20/17 — Renounced the rights to Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st).
- 7/28/17 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/28/17 — Signed Jack Cooley to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/8/17 — Signed Matt Jones to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/26/17 — Signed Marcus D Williams to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 10/10/17 — Signed David Stockton to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Reggie Hearn to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 11/1/17 — Picked up team options on Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis, Buddy Hield and Malachi Richardson.
- 2/8/18 — Traded George Hill and the rights to Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for Iman Shumpert, the rights to Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), a 2020 second-rounder and $2.1 million as well as Joe Johnson and $1.1 million from Utah Jazz.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Malachi Richardson to Toronto Raptors for Bruno Caboclo
Waived Players: Anthony Tolliver, Arron Afflalo, Matt Jones, David Stockton, Reggie Hearn, Georgios Papagiannis
Traded Players: Marcus D Williams, George Hill, Malachi Richardson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Ty Lawson ($1,471,382)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/23/18)