Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $11.0-$26.1 million
- Room: $2,898,000
2016/17 Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, three player options
Draft Picks: 8th (lottery TBD), 59th (from San Antonio Spurs)
- Early Bird: Eric Moreland (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Rajon Rondo, Seth Curry (restricted)
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Duje Dukan ($874,636)
Options: Caron Butler ($1,551,659 — player), James Anderson ($1,139,123 — player), Quincy Acy ($1,050,961 — player), Seth Curry ($1,015,696 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Eric Moreland ($1,180,431), Seth Curry ($1,215,696)
PG: Darren Collison
SG: Marco Belinelli, Ben McLemore
SF: Rudy Gay, Omri Casspi, James Anderson, Caron Butler, Duje Dukan
PF: DeMarcus Cousins, Quincy Acy
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Willie Cauley-Stein ($3,704,160)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Ben McLemore
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/1/16 — Player option on Quincy Acy.
- Earlier of seven days after final game of season or 6/21/16 — Player option on James Anderson. Note: Option still pending, deadline may have been adjusted.
- 6/22/16 — Player option on Caron Butler.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Seth Curry and Eric Moreland.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/1/16 — Duje Dukan’s salary guarantees for $200k.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline on Ben McLemore.
- 1/10/17 — Duje Dukan’s $875k guarantee for 16/17.
- 6/10/17 or five days after team’s last game; prior to 6/29/17 — Rudy Gay’s player option.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ben McLemore and Duke Dukan.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- Earlier of two days before the 2018 NBA draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option on Kosta Koufos.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/14/16 — Fired George Karl.
- 4/26/16 — Seth Curry opted out of the final year of his contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Head Coach: None
Assistants: TBD, previously Chad Iske (Associate Head Coach), John Welch, Anthony Carter, Nancy Lieberman, Corliss Williamson
Trainers: Pete Youngman, Manny Romero
- Vlade Divac — Vice President of Basketball and General Manager
- Mike Bratz — Assistant General Manager
- Ken Catanella — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Strategy and Data Science
- Peja Stojakovic — Director of Player Personnel and Development.
- 2016 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders, provided the pick isn’t sent to Chicago Bulls (Nik Stauskas).
- 2017 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders (Nik Stauskas).
- 2017 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Orlando Magic Cavaliers (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez). Sacramento’s pick may go to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2019) to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas). Pick must convey at least two years after first-round obligation to Chicago Bulls.
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Head Coach David Arseneault Jr.)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)