- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Derrick Williams
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Ben McLemore
- Mid-Level: $507,336 (Darren Collison)
- Bi-Annual: $2,077,000
- Trade Exception (Patrick Patterson, expiring 12/9/14) — $620,794
- Trade Exception (Marcus Thornton, 2/19/15) — $2,424,687
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Thomas, 7/12/15) — $3,619.303
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Darren Collison, Ray McCallum
SG: Ben McLemore, Nick Stauskas, Jason Terry
SF: Rudy Gay, Travis Outlaw, Omri Casspi
PF: Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams, Quincy Acy, Carl Landry, Reggie Evans
C: DeMarcus Cousins
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/23/14 — Rudy Gay opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/25/14 — Gave a qualifying offer to Isaiah Thomas.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Nik Stauskas (8th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/14 — Signed Nik Stauskas to a $12.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/14 — Acquired the rights to Alex Oriakhi from the Phoenix Suns for Isaiah Thomas via sign and trade.
- 7/12/14– Signed Darren Collison to a three-year, $15.0 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Omri Casspi (TBD).
Waived Players: Willie Reed
- Non-Bird: Jared Cunningham
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting for the 2013/14 season at roughly $2 million a season, team option in final year).
- Pete D’Alessandro — General Manager
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Cleveland Cavaliers (J.J. Hickson).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (50-55 range) to Miami HEAT (Roger Mason Jr.)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Sam Cassell).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-37 protected) from New York Knicks, – if not in 2016 then Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder in 2017 (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday).
- 2016 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New Orleans Pelicans (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks — higher pick between Kings and Pelicans (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Marquis Daniels).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: No eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/26/14)