Quick: Under the cap by $20.5 million.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Frank Mason
SG: Buddy Hield, Ben McLemore, Iman Shumpert
SF: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Justin Jackson
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Zach Randolph, Harry Giles
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Kosta Koufos, Deyonta Davis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
- Room Exception: $4,449,000
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Waived Players: Nigel Hayes
Traded Players: Garrett Temple
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Anthony McClish general manager, Darrick Martin head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (under contract through 2019-20)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach), Phil Ricci (assistant player development coach), Jenny Boucek (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager (under contract through 2019-20)
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Brandon Williams — assistant general manager.
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- 2019 — Owed the most favorable of Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers or Portland Trail Blazers’ second-rounders (Scott Perry).
- 2019 — Owed higher of Minnesota Timberwolves (Tyus Jones, Anderson Varejao, Gary Trent Jr.) and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders (Brendan Haywood, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas) or Boston Celtics (Jayson Tatum), higher pick to Philadelphia.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (higher) or Milwaukee Bucks (Luc Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,544,951 from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore)
- 7/31/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Marvin Bagley III.
- Before first day of 2018-19 season — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Skal Labissiere, Buddy Hield, Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deyonta Davis and Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/15/19 — Frank Mason’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadlines on Buddy Hield and Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Marvin Bagley III, Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Frank Mason and Skal Labissiere.
- Before first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/8/18 –Kosta Koufos opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/8/18 — Iman Shumpert opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Marvin Bagley III (2nd) and Gary Trent Jr. (37th)
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Gary Trent Jr. (2018-37th) to Portland Trail Blazers for a Los Angeles Lakers or Minnesota Timberwolves 2019 second-rounder, a 2021 Miami HEAT second-rounder and $1.5 million.
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offer to JaKarr Sampson.
- 6/29/18 — Garrett Temple opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Marvin Bagley III (2018-2nd) to a $36,137,374 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Revoked their qualifying offer to JaKarr Sampson.
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to Vince Carter, Bruno Caboclo, Jack Cooley and JaKarr Sampson.
- 7/6/18 — Signed restricted free agent Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls) to a four-year $78 million contract. The Bulls matched.
- 7/8/18 — The Chicago Bulls matched the Kings’ offer on Zach LaVine.
- 7/17/18 — Traded Garrett Temple to Memphis Grizzlies for Ben McLemore, Deyonta Davis, a 2021 second-rounder and $1,544,951.
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/18)