Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $55.1 million
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th, cap hold $996,700)
- Second-rounders: Isaiah Cousins (2016-59th), Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Lamar Patterson ($874,636)
PG: Darren Collison
SG: Arron Afflalo, Garrett Temple, Ben McLemore, Lamar Patterson, Malachi Richardson
SF: Rudy Gay, Matt Barnes
PF: DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Casspi, Anthony Tolliver, Skal Labissiere
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Willie Cauley-Stein ($3,704,160)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Ben McLemore
Eligible for Restructuring: DeMarcus Cousins (as of 9/30/16)
- 9/30/16 — DeMarcus Cousins’ contract eligible for restructuring.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline on Ben McLemore.
- 30 days into the regular season — No-trade restriction lifts on Lamar Patterson.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Anthony Tolliver, Arron Afflalo, Garrett Temple and Matt Barnes.
- 1/10/17 — Lamar Patterson’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure DeMarcus Cousins’ contract.
- 6/1/17 — Anthony Tolliver’s $8 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/10/17 or five days after team’s last game; prior to 6/29/17 — Rudy Gay’s player option.
- 6/29/17 — Estimated player option for Matt Barnes.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ben McLemore and Lamar Patterson.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
- Earlier of two days before the 2018 NBA draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option for Kosta Koufos.
- 6/29/18 — Estimated player option for Garrett Temple.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines on Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/14/16 — Fired George Karl.
- 4/22/16 — Quincy Acy opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 4/26/16 — Seth Curry opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 4/30/16 — James Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 5/9/16 — Hired Coach Dave Joerger.
- 6/20/16 — Caron Butler opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Marquese Chriss (8th) to Phoenix Suns for a 2020 Detroit Pistons second-rounder and the rights to three players — Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Skal Labissiere (28th) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th).
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Isaiah Cousins (59th).
- 6/27/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Seth Curry.
- 7/3/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer from Seth Curry.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Marco Belinelli to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Malachi Richardson (22nd).
- 7/7/16 — Signed Matt Barnes to a two-year, $12.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Renounced the rights to Quincy Acy, Seth Curry, James Anderson and Eric Moreland.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Arron Afflalo to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $25 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Garrett Temple to a three-year, $24 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $16 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Malachi Richardson (2016-22nd) to a $7.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Georgios Papagiannis (2016-13th) to a $10.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Claimed Lamar Patterson off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 7/15/16 — Signed Skal Labissiere (2016-28th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
Waived Players: Caron Butler, Duje Dukan
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (four-year, $16 million deal starting for 2016-17 season — team option on final year)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Corliss Williamson, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development)
Trainers: Pete Youngman, Manny Romero
- Vlade Divac — Vice President of Basketball and General Manager
- Mike Bratz — Assistant General Manager
- Ken Catanella — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Strategy and Data Science
- Peja Stojakovic — Director of Player Personnel and Development.
- 2017 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders (Nik Stauskas), provided the Kings’ pick is in the top-10.
- 2017 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56 to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Orlando Magic (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Head Coach Darrick Martin)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/16)