Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$9.1 million, depending primarily on the cap hold for Derrick Williams.
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Thomas, expiring 7/12/15) — $619,303 (partially used to acquire Alonzo Gee)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Acy, expiring 8/6/15) — $915,243
- Trade Exception (Travis Outlaw, expiring 8/6/15) — $228,660
- Trade Exception (Jason Terry, expiring 9/17/15) — $1,225,313 (partially used to acquire Ramon Sessions)
- Trade Exception (Ramon Sessions, expiring 2/19/16) — $2,077,000
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Reggie Evans, Andre Miller, Derrick Williams
- Non-Bird: Omri Casspi, Ryan Hollins
First-Round Player Options: Nik Stauskas (third-year), Ben McLemore (fourth-year)
Amnesty: No eligible players.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Willie Cauley-Stein with the sixth pick in the draft.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Willie Cauley-Stein (2015-6th)
- Second-rounders: Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Darren Collison, Ray McCallum, David Stockton
SG: Ben McLemore, Nick Stauskas
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Jason Thompson, Carl Landry
C: DeMarcus Cousins, Eric Moreland
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: George Karl (four-year, $14.5 million contract starting for 2014/15 season)
- Vlade Divac — Vice President of Basketball and Franchise Operations
- Mike Bratz — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Hilton Armstrong, Ish Smith). Pick may go to Milwaukee Bucks (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez). Sacramento’s pick may go to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $839,341 from Washington Wizards (Andre Miller) — $2,460,659 remaining
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/15)