Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Derrick Williams
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Ben McLemore
- Mid-Level: $0 (Darren Collison/Eric Moreland)
- Bi-Annual: $2,077,000
- Trade Exception (Patrick Patterson, expiring 12/9/14) — $620,794
- Trade Exception (Marcus Thornton, expiring 2/19/15) — $973,809 (partially used to acquire Scotty Hopson)
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Thomas, expiring 7/12/15) — $619,303 (partially used to acquire Alonzo Gee)
- Trade Exception (Quincy Acy, expiring 8/6/15) — $915,243
- Trade Exception (Travis Outlaw, expiring 8/6/15) — $228,660
- Trade Exception (Jason Terry, expiring 9/17/15) — $5,850,313
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed, two camp invites
PG: Darren Collison, Ray McCallum, Deonte Burton
SG: Ben McLemore, Nick Stauskas
SF: Rudy Gay, Omri Casspi, Trey Johnson, Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson
PF: Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams, Carl Landry, Reggie Evans, David Wear
C: DeMarcus Cousins, Ryan Hollins, Eric Moreland, Sim Bhullar
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/23/14 — Rudy Gay opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/25/14 — Gave a qualifying offer to Isaiah Thomas.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Nik Stauskas (8th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/14 — Signed Nik Stauskas to a $12.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/14 — Acquired the rights to Alex Oriakhi from the Phoenix Suns for Isaiah Thomas via sign and trade.
- 7/12/14 — Signed Darren Collison to a three-year, $15.0 million contract.
- 7/29/14 — Signed Eric Moreland to a partially guaranteed three-year, $2.3 million contract.
- 7/30/14 — Traded Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw to the New York Knicks for Jeremy Tyler and Wayne Ellington. Knicks removed protections on 2016 second-rounder.
- 8/11/14 — Signed Deonte Burton to a one-year, $507k non-guaranteed minimum camp invite.
- 8/14/14 — Signed Sim Bhullar to a one-year, $507k partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 9/3/14 — Invited David Wear to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 8/5/14 — Invited Trey Johnson to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 9/17/14 — Traded Jason Terry, a protected 2015 second-rounder and a 2016 second-rounder (from New York Knicks) to Houston Rockets for Alonzo Gee and Scotty Hopson.
- 9/18/14 — Signed Omri Casspi to a one-year, $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/18/14 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a one-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: Willie Reed, Wayne Ellington (via stretch provision), Jeremy Tyler
- Non-Bird: Jared Cunningham
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting for the 2013/14 season at roughly $2 million a season, team option in final year).
- Pete D’Alessandro — General Manager
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (31-49 range) to Houston Rockets (Jason Terry).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (50-55 range) to Miami HEAT (Roger Mason Jr.)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Sam Cassell).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New Orleans Pelicans (Hilton Armstrong). Pick may go to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute) with the higher selection between the Kings and Pelicans to Milwaukee.
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Marquis Daniels).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Brooklyn Nets (Jason Kidd).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: No eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/18/14)