Quick: Under the cap by 3.4 million.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $37.7 million
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, two player options, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Frank Mason
SG: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Buddy Hield, Iman Shumpert (PO)
SF: Garrett Temple (PO), Justin Jackson, Nigel Hayes
PF: Zach Randolph, Harry Giles
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Kosta Koufos
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Iman Shumpert (PO, $15,505,619, full Bird)
- Garrett Temple (PO, $10.4 million, early Bird)
- Vince Carter ($9.6 million, non-Bird)
- Bruno Caboclo (RFA, $7,353,675, full Bird)
- Jack Cooley (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- JaKarr Sampson (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Nigel Hayes $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 2nd (cap hold $6,407,542), 37th
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
- Room Exception: $4,411,290
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Nigel Hayes (signing restriction through 7/1/18)
G-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Anthony McClish general manager, Darrick Martin head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (under contract through 2019-20)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach), Phil Ricci (assistant player development coach), Jenny Boucek (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager (under contract through 2019-20)
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Brandon Williams — assistant general manager.
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- 2019 — Owed the most favorable of Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers or Portland Trail Blazers’ second-rounders (Scott Perry).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas) or Boston Celtics (Jayson Tatum), higher pick to Philadelphia.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (higher) or Milwaukee Bucks (Luc Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $400,000 from New York Knicks (Scott Perry); $2.1 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill); $1.1 million from Utah Jazz (George Hill) — $1.5 million remaining
- 6/14/18 — Iman Shumpert player option.
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Garrett Temple.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer on Bruno Caboclo.
- 7/1/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Nigel Hayes.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- Before first day of 2018-19 season — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Skal Labissiere, Buddy Hield, Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 1/10/19 — Nigel Hayes’ $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Willie Cauley-Stein and Nigel Hayes.
- 10/15/19 — Frank Mason’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadlines on Buddy Hield and Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Frank Mason and Skal Labissiere.
- 10/31/20 — Extension deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justin Jackson, De’Aaron Fox and Harry Giles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- Kosta Koufos opted into the final year on his contract.
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)