Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $61.1 million
- Trade Exception (Omri Casspi, expiring 2/20/18) — $2,963,814
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Ty Lawson, Langston Galloway
SG: Darren Collison, Buddy Hield, Ben McLemore, Garrett Temple, Tyreke Evans, Malachi Richardson
SF: Arron Afflalo, Rudy Gay (injured)
PF: Willie Cauley-Stein, Anthony Tolliver, Skal Labissiere
C: Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/1/17 — Anthony Tolliver’s $8 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/10/17 or five days after team’s last game; prior to 6/29/17 — Rudy Gay’s player option.
- 6/23/17 — Arron Afflalo’s $12.5 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/24/17 — Player option for Langston Galloway.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Ben McLemore.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis, Buddy Hield and Malachi Richardson.
- 2/20/18 — Omri Casspi trade exception expires.
- Earlier of two days before the 2018 NBA draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option for Kosta Koufos.
- 6/29/18 — Estimated player option for Garrett Temple.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis, Buddy Hield and Malachi Richardson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines on Buddy Hield, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Buddy Hield, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/14/16 — Fired George Karl.
- 4/22/16 — Quincy Acy opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 4/26/16 — Seth Curry opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 4/30/16 — James Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 5/9/16 — Hired Coach Dave Joerger.
- 6/20/16 — Caron Butler opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Marquese Chriss (8th) to Phoenix Suns for a 2020 Detroit Pistons second-rounder and the rights to three players — Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Skal Labissiere (28th) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th).
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Isaiah Cousins (59th).
- 6/27/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Seth Curry.
- 7/3/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer from Seth Curry.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Marco Belinelli to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Malachi Richardson (22nd).
- 7/7/16 — Signed Matt Barnes to a two-year, $12.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Renounced the rights to Quincy Acy, Seth Curry, James Anderson and Eric Moreland.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Arron Afflalo to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $25 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Garrett Temple to a three-year, $24 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $16 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Malachi Richardson (2016-22nd) to a $7.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Georgios Papagiannis (2016-13th) to a $10.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Claimed Lamar Patterson off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 7/15/16 — Signed Skal Labissiere (2016-28th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/30/16 — Signed Ty Lawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,315,448 summer contract.
- 9/6/16 — Signed Isaiah Cousins (2016-59th) to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($100,000).
- 9/13/16 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,410,598 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Picked up third-year option on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/16 — No extension reached with Ben McLemore.
- 11/2/16 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,344,217 contract.
- 1/10/17 — Ty Lawson’s $1,315,448 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/20/17 — Traded DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi to New Orleans Pelicans for Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a protected 2017 first-rounder and a Philadelphia 76ers second-rounder.
Waived Players: Caron Butler, Duje Dukan, Lamar Patterson, Isaiah Cousins, Jordan Farmar (twice), Matt Barnes
Traded Players: DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Casspi
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (four-year, $16 million deal starting for 2016-17 season — team option on final year)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head strength and conditioning coach)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — director of player personnel and development.
- Roland Beech — vice president of basketball strategy and data science
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected, details TBD) from New Orleans Pelicans (DeMarcus Cousins).
- 2017 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders (Nik Stauskas), provided the Kings’ pick is in the top-10.
- 2017 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56 to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Ish Smith, DeMarcus Cousins).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Orlando Magic (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second-rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez). Blazers will send pick to Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th, cap hold $996,700)
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Darrick Martin head coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/7/17)