- NBA PM: Bulls Make Sense for Carmelo Anthony
- Paul George Wants to be Mentored by LeBron James
- NBA PM: Turner Getting Acclimated With Pacers
- 2014 Cap Space Projections – Southeast Division
- NBA PM: Dragic, Suns Somehow Emerge as Elite
- NBA PM: Dwyane Wade Talks Free Agency
- The Path to the Top Pick
- NBA AM: 20-Year Age Limit Is Coming
- Iguodala Addition Paying Dividends for Warriors
- NBA Saturday: Clippers Make Strong Additions
Sacramento Kings Team Salary
- Room Exception — $2.652 million
- Trade Exception (Patrick Patterson, expiring 12/9/14) – $620,794
- Trade Exception (Marcus Thornton, 2/19/15) – $2,424,687
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Isaiah Thomas, Jimmer Fredette, Ray McCallum
SG: Ben McLemore, Jason Terry
SF: Rudy Gay, Travis Outlaw
PF: Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams, Quincy Acy, Carl Landry, Reggie Evans
C: DeMarcus Cousins, Aaron Gray
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting for the 2013/14 season at roughly $2 million a season, team option in final year).
- Pete D’Alessandro — General Manager
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 – Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Cleveland Cavaliers (J.J. Hickson).
- 2014 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New York Knicks (Patrick O’Bryant, Nate Robinson).
- 2014 – Owe second-rounder (provided it’s higher than 55) to Toronto Raptors. Lower pick between Raptors and Kings pick to Phoenix Suns (James Johnson, Sebastian Telfair, Eric Bledsoe).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (50-55 range) to Miami HEAT (Roger Mason Jr.)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Sam Cassell).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-37 protected) from New York Knicks, – if not in 2016 then Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder in 2017 (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday).
- 2016 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New Orleans Pelicans (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks — higher pick between Kings and Pelicans (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Marquis Daniels).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Ben McLemore (7th) and Ray McCallum (36th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Traded trade Tyreke Evans (via sign and trade) to New Orleans Pelicans for Greivis Vasquez and two second-rounders.
- 7/12/13 — Traded a 2016 second-rounder and the right to swap second-rounders in 2018 to the Milwaukee Bucks for Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.
- 7/14/13 — Signed Ben McLemore to a $13.1 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/13 — Signed Carl Landry to a four-year, $26 million contract.
- 7/18/13 — Signed Ray McCallum to a three-year, $2.3 million contract (third season non/partially-guaranteed).
- 8/28/13 — Signed Trent Lockett to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract ($35k guaranteed).
- 9/6/13 — Signed C.J. Aiken to an estimated one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/9/13 — Signed DeQuan Jones to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/13/13 — Signed Hamady Ndiaye to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed DeMarcus Cousins to an estimated four-year, $61 million extension.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Brandon Heath to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract ($35k guaranteed).
- 10/31/13 — Declined the fourth-year option on Jimmer Fredette.
- 11/28/13 — Traded Luc Richard Mbah a Moute to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Derrick Williams.
- 12/9/13 — Traded John Salmons, Chuck Hayes, Patrick Patterson and Greivis Vasquez to the Toronto Raptors for Rudy Gay, Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy.
- 2/19/14 — Traded Marcus Thornton to the Brooklyn Nets for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans.
- 2/20/14 — Traded a conditional 2015 second-rounder to the Miami HEAT for Roger Mason Jr. and $786,095 in cash.
Waived Players: C.J. Aiken, Brandon Heath, DeQuan Jones, Trent Lockett, Roger Mason Jr.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- Second-rounders: Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Amnesty: No eligible players.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $786,095 (Roger Mason Jr.)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/22/14)