- Top 10 NBA Free Agents
- Didn’t Happen Overnight: Mike Conley Takes Control
- NBA PM: Lillard’s Incredible Ascent to Stardom
- Predicting The 2014 NBA Playoffs
- NBA Playoff Matchups, Schedule Set
- Clifford’s Critique Led to Walker’s Success
- Phil Jackson’s Carmelo Anthony Conundrum
- NBA PM: Al Jefferson Deserves MVP Consideration
- Time For Pacers’ Frank Vogel To Feel The Heat?
- Head-to-Head: Knocking off the Pacers/Heat
Sacramento Kings Team Salary
2014 NBA Draft: 7th; 37th to Toronto Raptors
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): Up to $12.7 million, but only if Rudy Gay opts out.
- Trade Exception (Patrick Patterson, expiring 12/9/14) – $620,794
- Trade Exception (Marcus Thornton, 2/19/15) – $2,424,687
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Isaiah Thomas, Ray McCallum
SG: Ben McLemore, Jason Terry, Jared Cunningham
SF: Rudy Gay, Travis Outlaw
PF: Jason Thompson, Derrick Williams, Quincy Acy, Carl Landry, Reggie Evans
C: DeMarcus Cousins, Aaron Gray, Willie Reed
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting for the 2013/14 season at roughly $2 million a season, team option in final year).
- Pete D’Alessandro — General Manager
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Cleveland Cavaliers (J.J. Hickson).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (50-55 range) to Miami HEAT (Roger Mason Jr.)
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Sam Cassell).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-37 protected) from New York Knicks, – if not in 2016 then Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder in 2017 (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday).
- 2016 – Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to New Orleans Pelicans (Hilton Armstrong).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks — higher pick between Kings and Pelicans (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Boston Celtics (Marquis Daniels).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Ben McLemore (7th) and Ray McCallum (36th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Traded trade Tyreke Evans (via sign and trade) to New Orleans Pelicans for Greivis Vasquez and two second-rounders.
- 7/12/13 — Traded a 2016 second-rounder and the right to swap second-rounders in 2018 to the Milwaukee Bucks for Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.
- 7/14/13 — Signed Ben McLemore to a $13.1 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/13 — Signed Carl Landry to a four-year, $26 million contract.
- 7/18/13 — Signed Ray McCallum to a three-year, $2.3 million contract (third season non/partially-guaranteed).
- 8/28/13 — Signed Trent Lockett to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract ($35k guaranteed).
- 9/6/13 — Signed C.J. Aiken to an estimated one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/9/13 — Signed DeQuan Jones to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/13/13 — Signed Hamady Ndiaye to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed DeMarcus Cousins to an estimated four-year, $61 million extension.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Brandon Heath to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract ($35k guaranteed).
- 10/31/13 — Declined the fourth-year option on Jimmer Fredette.
- 11/28/13 — Traded Luc Richard Mbah a Moute to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Derrick Williams.
- 12/9/13 — Traded John Salmons, Chuck Hayes, Patrick Patterson and Greivis Vasquez to the Toronto Raptors for Rudy Gay, Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy.
- 2/19/14 — Traded Marcus Thornton to the Brooklyn Nets for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans.
- 2/20/14 — Traded a conditional 2015 second-rounder to the Miami HEAT for Roger Mason Jr. and $786,095 in cash.
- 2/26/14 — Signed Orlando Johnson to a 10-day contract.
- 3/6/14 — Signed Royce White to a 10-day contract.
- 3/8/14 — Signed Orlando Johnson to a second 10-day contract.
- 3/18/14 — Signed Royce White to a second 10-day contract.
- 3/26/14 — Signed Willie Reed to a partially guaranteed two-year contract.
- 3/31/14 — Signed Jared Cunningham to a 10-day contract.
- 4/10/14 — Signed Jared Cunningham for the remainder of the season.
Waived Players: C.J. Aiken, Brandon Heath, DeQuan Jones, Trent Lockett, Roger Mason Jr., Jimmer Fredette, Orlando Johnson, Royce White
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- Second-rounders: Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Amnesty: No eligible players.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $786,095 (Roger Mason Jr.)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/19/14)