Sacramento Kings Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $7.4-$23.1 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Rajon Rondo, Darren Collison, Seth Curry, David Stockton
SG: Ben McLemore, Marco Belinelli, James Anderson, Marshall Henderson
SF: Rudy Gay, Caron Butler, Duje Dukan, Vince Hunter
PF: DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Casspi, Quincy Acy
C: Kosta Koufos, Willie Cauley-Stein, Eric Moreland
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Rajon Rondo, Kosta Koufos, Marco Belinelli, Omri Casspi, James Anderson, Caron Butler, Quincy Acy, Seth Curry, Duje Dukan, Eric Moreland and Vince Hunter.
- 12/18/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Marshall Henderson.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Eric Moreland and David Stockton’s $845k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Marshall Henderson and Vince Hunter’s $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/1/16 — Duje Dukan’s salary guarantees for $200k.
- 1/10/17 — Duje Dukan’s $875k guarantee for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Willie Cauley-Stein with the sixth pick in the draft.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Ray McCallum to San Antonio Spurs for a 2016 second-rounder.
- 7/9/15- Traded Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas, Jason Thompson, a 2018 protected first-rounder, and the right to swap 2016 and 2017 first-round picks to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th) and Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th).
- 7/10/15 — Renounced the rights to Reggie Evans, Andre Miller, Ryan Hollins and Omri Casspi.
- 7/13/15– Signed Rajon Rondo to a one-year, $9.5 million contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Kosta Koufos to a four-year, $32.9 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Marco Belinelli to a three-year, $19.0 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Omri Casspi to a two-year, $5.8 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year $1.5 million contract.
- 7/16/15 — Contract of Luc Mbah a Moute voided after failed physical.
- 7/16/15 — Signed James Anderson to a two-year, $2.2 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Willie Cauley-Stein (2015-6th) to a $15.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/15 — Signed Caron Butler to a two-year, $3.1 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Seth Curry to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Quincy Acy to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/23/15 — Signed Duje Dukan to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Vince Hunter to a partially-guaranteed ($35k) $525k minimum contract.
- 9/9/15 — Re-signed Eric Moreland to a partially-guaranteed ($200k) $845k minimum contract.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Marshall Henderson to a partially-guaranteed (35k) $525k minimum contract.
- 10/2/15 — Picked up Ben McLemore’s fourth-year option.
Waived Players: Eric Moreland
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Head Coach: George Karl (four-year, $14.5 million contract starting for 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Chad Iske (Associate Head Coach), John Welch, Anthony Carter, Nancy Lieberman, Corliss Williamson, Vance Walberg
Trainers: Pete Youngman, Manny Romero
- Vlade Divac — Vice President of Basketball and General Manager
- Mike Bratz — Assistant General Manager
- Roland Beech — Vice President of Basketball Strategy and Data Science
- Peja Stojakovic — Director of Player Personnel and Development.
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Ray McCallum).
- 2016 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017 otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56) to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2016 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders, provided the pick isn’t sent to Chicago Bulls (Nik Stauskas).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Hilton Armstrong, Ish Smith). Pick may go to Milwaukee Bucks (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2016 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2017 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders (Nik Stauskas).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez). Sacramento’s pick may go to Denver Nuggets (Arron Afflalo).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2019) to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas). Pick must convey at least two years after first-round obligation to Chicago Bulls.
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Head Coach David Arseneault Jr.)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/3/15)