Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $60.2 million, down to $36.0 million with Harrison Barnes.
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, one player option, three non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Yogi Ferrell, Frank Mason
SG: Buddy Hield, B.J. Johnson
SF: Bogdan Bogdanovic
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Nemanja Bjelica, Caleb Swanigan, Wenyen Gabriel (two-way)
C: Harry Giles
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Harrison Barnes (PO), Alec Burks ($11,536,515), Kosta Koufos $16,605,050, Willie Cauley-Stein (RFA*, $14,090,625)
- Non-Bird: Corey Brewer $2,400,000, Troy Williams (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Yogi Ferrell $3,150,000
- Frank Mason $1,618,520
- B.J. Johnson $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 40th (from the Minnesota Timberwolves), 47th (from the Orlando Magic); Own 14th to the Boston Celtics (or the Philadelphia 76ers if it’s 1st overall), 42nd to the Philadelphia 76ers
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (Anthony McClish general manager, Ty Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Wenyen Gabriel
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer), Teena Murray (senior director of athlete health and performance)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Elizabeth Ramsey — director of basketball operations and intelligence
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,544,951 from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore)
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Harrison Barnes.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 7/1/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on B.J. Johnson.
- 7/4/19 — Yogi Ferrell’s $3,150,000 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/15/19 — Frank Mason’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Buddy Hield.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Marvin Bagley III, De’Aaron Fox, Caleb Swanigan and Harry Giles.
- 1/10/20 — B.J. Johnson’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on B.J. Johnson, Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Frank Mason.
- 6/29/20 — Nemanja Bjelica’s $7,150,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadlines on De’Aaron Fox, Caleb Swanigan and Harry Giles.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on De’Aaron Fox, Caleb Swanigan and Harry Giles.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/11/19 — Fired coach Dave Joerger
- 4/11/19 — Extended vice president of basketball and general manager Vlade Divac’s contract.
- 4/15/19 — Hired Coach Luke Walton.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)