This guide to Colorado sports betting guide explores the ins and outs of the state’s legal betting market.
We start with rankings of the top five bookies in the state and their highlights, then move on to discuss taxes, available betting services, and the current legal status of different forms of online and offline betting in CO.
The Best Colorado Sports Betting Sites List 2021
Here are our top five recommended Colorado sports betting sites:
- BetUS – Colorado Sportsbook with Biggest Bonus
- BetOnline – Best Colorado Online Sports Betting Site 2021
- MyBookie – Best Sports Betting App Colorado
- Bovada – Sportsbook Colorado with Top Bitcoin Promos
- XBet – Exciting New Colorado Sports Betting Site
- Sportsbetting.ag – A Good Choice for NHL Fans
- BUSR – One of the Best Sportsbooks in Colorado for Horse Racing
- Intertops – Colorado Sports Betting Site with Improved Welcome Bonus
- GTBets – Among the best sportsbooks in Colorado for value odds
- BetAnySports – Huge selection of sports betting Colorado markets
Best Colorado Sportsbooks Reviewed
1. BetUS – Best Colorado Online Sports Betting Site 2021
BetUS is one of the standouts when it comes to CO online sports betting, with 25 years in the business, this sportsbook prides itself on being one of the pioneers in the market. Not only is it one of the safest and secure sites for sports wagering, but it also covers a wide range of betting activities across many sports such as baseball, hockey, golf, martial arts, and motorsports.
This Colorado sportsbook has a vast range of promotions on offer. The welcome bonus is unbeatable – you can get a 125% deposit match bonus up to $3,125! Simply use the BetUS promo code JOIN125 to claim now. The great thing about this is that it includes a 100% sports bonus as well as a 25% casino bonus, giving new bettors more options and variety.
Another main feature is the ‘Locker Room’ where you can find all of the latest sports and gambling news and entertainment.
- Some of the best Colorado sports betting promotions on offer anywhere
- Offers the largest welcome bonus
- Great customer service with live chat function
- Live betting is available at the CO sports betting site
- Fewer payments options than other Colorado online betting sites
2. BetOnline – Best Colorado Sportsbook for Live Betting
If you’re looking into gambling in Colorado then BetOnline is the best Colorado sportsbook, it is the most established and reputable sports betting site, since its inception back in 2001. It’s not hard to see why we think BetOnline comes out on top, you are able to wager across a diverse range of sports from basketball and baseball to martial arts.
The promotions are also second to none. The standout for us is the large welcome offer bonus, worth up to $1000! There are also huge crypto, casino, poker bonuses as well as reload offers, so you can be sure of a reward no matter what your betting preferences are.
When it comes to sports betting in Colorado, live-in-play betting is also a key feature as this top sportsbook. You can place your live bets across multiple sports and international leagues, so you’ll never miss an opportunity here!
- Generous welcome bonus worth up to $1000!
- Well established and reputable site
- Diverse choice of sports to wager on
- Quicker payout times than most Colorado online betting sites
- One of few sports gambling Colorado site that don’t support PayPal
3. MyBookie – Best Sports Betting App Colorado
Another popular and well-known online sports betting Colorado site is MyBookie. Major sports are covered in much detail and you can place your bet on anything from the NFL and NBA to the Olympics, they also offer a range of wager options to choose from.
If you’re looking for the best Colorado sportsbook promotions then MyBookie offers a generous deposit match bonus of up to $1,000. There is also a sizeable refer a friend scheme, offering a 250% when your referral makes their first deposit – worth up to $250!
As well as having a sports news blog, one of the major features of the site is the ‘Top Bets’ section which includes all of the top picks for the day in Colorado gambling. Couple this with their betting app platform, you can place your wager, edit and add to your betting slip with ease.
- Top betting app functionality
- One of the best sportsbooks in Colorado for sportsbook promotions
- Supports various payment methods including cryptocurrency
- Esports section is limited
Bovada is a large and well known Colorado sports betting site, if you’re new to betting then they offer detailed sports betting guides to help you on your way. Famed for its NBA betting, with a dedicated and detailed prop builder, you have many wagering options to choose from to keep things interesting. You can also place wagers 24/7 and customer support is also available around the clock.
For all new bettors, there is a generous $1,000 deposit match bonus up for grabs. You can claim the welcome offer now using the Bovada promo code BVD1000. Bovada is also best known for its bitcoin offers – a mammoth 75% up to $750 bitcoin bonus can also be yours, making it our top choice for bitcoin betting sites in Colorado.
- Among the best sportsbooks in Colorado for bitcoin deposit bonuses
- Large range of live prop bets
- One of the best sportsbooks in Colorado for live streaming
- 24/7 customer service support
- When sports betting in Colorado, charges apply for eChecks
5. XBet – Exciting New Colorado Sports Betting Site
XBet is one of the most exciting new betting sites for gambling in Colorado. Although their initial welcome offer may seem lower than others (100% up to $500), the sportsbook also offers an array of other tempting rewards.
For example, XBet has an attractive refer a friend scheme of $100 bonuses per referral – unlimited! It’s also a top choice for horse racing fans as you can get up to 7% cashback which is paid daily, eligible when you wager across any qualifying track!
There is also a huge amount of supported payment options available, including all of the popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. As well as more traditional methods like credit and debit cards.
- Unlimited 100% referral bonuses
- Generous horse racing cash rebate
- Fast payouts and extensive payment options
- $500 welcome bonus is among the best Colorado sports betting promotions on offer
- Smaller welcome bonus compared the very best sportsbooks in Colorado
Best Regulated Colorado Sportsbooks:
Besides the CO betting sites just mentioned, there are a number of geo-restricted sportsbooks that Colorado bettors have access to that we rate very highly.
As such, we’ve reviewed the best Colorado online sports betting sites based in the US, too:
Colorado Sports Betting Sites Comparison
Now we have uncovered our top Colorado sports betting sites, let’s compare the types of bonuses, markets, and features they offer:
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Live Streaming||Highlights|
|Betonline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||No||Large cash contests
High limit betting
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||No||Tips and analysis articles
Generous loyalty program
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||No||Weekly betting contests
Bitcoin boost bonus
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||BVD1000||Yes||Prop bet builder
Live sports streaming
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||No||Racing rebate promo
Unlimited referral bonus
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||No||Free live betting promos
Big money NFL contests
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||No||Daily rebate
Unlimited referral bonus
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||No||Weekly NFL pools
Monthly parlay contest
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||No||Weekly $10,000 MLB contests
Weekly horse rebate
Is Sports Betting Legal in Colorado?
Yes. Online and offline sports betting were legalized in November 2019, when voters approved HB19-1327, proposition DD. Betting services became officially available in May 2020.
Here’s a brief history of the state’s legislative efforts:
- 2020 – The first online sportsbooks appear in CO.
- 2019 – Voters approved proposition DD of HB 19-1327. Casinos in the state can apply for a license to offer retail and online sports betting services.
- 2016 – Return: Governor Hickenlooper signs bill H-1404, legalizing daily fantasy sports.
- 2014 – Curveball: Governor John Hickenlooper delegalizes greyhound racing.
- 2009 – The wagering limit is increased from $5.00 to $100 per bet. Roulette and craps are added to the list of games allowed at Colorado casinos.
- 2000 – The State Lottery is authorized to offer multi-state jackpots, such as Mega Millions and Powerball.
- 1991 – Land-based casino gambling appears in a limited capacity. The maximum bet limit is $5.00.
- 1990 – Voters pass the Colorado Limited Gaming Initiative, which legalizes some forms of gaming in a few of Colorado’s mountain cities.
- 1982 – The Colorado Lottery is created by the Colorado General Assembly.
- 1958 – An amendment to the constitution allows bingo and other charitable games.
- 1948 – Pari-mutuel horse race and greyhound racing is legalized, and the Colorado Racing Commission is established.
Daily Fantasy Sports at Colorado Sportsbooks
Daily fantasy sports operators, offer their services within Colorado in full compliance with local regulations.
Horse Racing at Colorado Online Sportsbooks
Horse race betting never took off in Colorado, as evident by the presence of just one lonely race track, the Arapahoe Park Horse Track. Two other race tracks, Pikes Peak Meadows and Centennial Race Track, came and went over the years.
On the flip side, there are currently ten off-track sports betting Colorado locations and counting. Each OTB offers pari-mutuel betting, in addition to simulcasts from tracks worldwide. Furthermore, OTBs offer advance deposit wagering (ADW), allowing punters to bet on horse races over the phone or online.
Here’s a list of open OTBs:
- Arapahoe Park – Aurora
- Off To The Races – Pueblo
- Big D’s OTB at El Bandido Nightclub – Garden City
- Sundance Steakhouse & Saloon – Fort Collins
- Celtic On Market – Denver
- Havana Park – Aurora
- Elevated Stakes – Colorado Springs
- Odds On OTB – Arvada
- Mirage Sports Bar – Littleton
- Golden Mardi Gras OTB – Black Hawk
Gambling Tax in Colorado
Colorado levies a 4.63% flat tax rate on all income, including earnings generated from gambling and sports betting. This tax is on top of the 24% federal tax, withheld and paid to the IRS by the casinos and other gaming providers in the Centennial State.
What Sports Can You Bet On in Colorado?
You can bet on any sport that is popular inside and outside the US. The list includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Ice hockey
- Table tennis
- MMA and other martial arts
- Formula 1
- Special events such as the Olympics
Leagues you can bet on include majors like the NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, NCAA, PGA Tour, Euro, FIFA, all the way down to barely recognizable minor leagues like the Fútbol Americano de México (FAM) or American 7s Football League.
Please remember that not all sportsbooks feature lines on every sport or match, which is why we recommend that you sign up with all of our top five Colorado sports betting sites.
Esports Betting at Colorado sportsbooks
Colorado is one of a handful of US states that legalized eSports betting. As a result, you can use any of the best Colorado sportsbooks to wager on League of Legends, CS:GO, Overwatch, Dota, Warcraft, and Valorant tournaments.
Types of Betting Markets at Colorado Sportsbooks
The breadth of betting markets available at Colorado sports betting sites reflects the breadth of choices at the top offshore bookmakers. Here’s a brief rundown of the most popular options:
- Moneyline – entails picking the outright winner in an event. In some sports disciplines, such as soccer, the moneyline also lets you put money on a draw.
- Spread betting – you wager that a team’s final score will exceed or fall under a certain point margin determined by the sportsbook. This type of betting is prevalent in basketball.
- Totals – wager on a match’s total points, goals, or other significant outcomes.
- Future betting – attempt to predict the outcome of an event or series that will conclude in the future. It’s different from moneyline betting in that you aren’t betting on the outcome of a single match.
- Live betting – place bets and adjust wagers as the game plays out. The best Colorado sports betting sites offer live streams, taking live betting to a different level.
- Parlays – connect several predictions into a single mega wager with an equally mega potential payout. Remember that all “legs” of your parlay must succeed; if even one leg misses, you void your entire parlay.
Bonuses at Colorado Sportsbooks
In a bid to attract new customers, the best Colorado sports betting sites offer several welcome promotions. Here are the types of bonuses you’re most likely to encounter:
Colorado Sports Betting Sites Bonus Comparison
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Minimum Odds|
|Betonline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||2|
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||2.8|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||2.5|
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||BVD1000||2|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||2|
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||2.5|
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||2.5|
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||2|
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||2.6|
Matched Deposit Bonus
With a matched deposit promotion, your bookmaker awards you a bonus that grows linearly with the size of your first deposit. Typically, the bonus equals 20% to 100% of your deposit and maxes out between $200 and $1,000. As a general rule, the higher the percentage, the lower the maximum value of the bonus.
Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as a free lunch. To claim and withdraw your bonus funds, you typically have to meet several requirements, which vary by sportsbook:
- Wagering requirement (WR): also known as the playthrough requirement, WR refers to the number of times you must play through a bonus before you can withdraw it. Unfortunately, the WR at most Colorado betting sites is prohibitive.
- Expiration date: some bonuses expire if you fail to claim them within a certain time. For instance, most of Twinspires’ welcome bonuses expire 30 days after you activate your account. Furthermore, meeting bonus wagering requirements can be subject to time restrictions as well.
- Minimum odds: for example, at DraftKings, only bets at odds of -300 or longer count towards satisfying bonus wagering requirements.
- Minimum deposit: most bookies make claiming a matched bonus contingent on depositing a certain minimum amount. The minimum qualifying deposit is usually identical to the minimum deposit overall, but the two minimums vary in some sportsbooks.
Free bet offers
Free bet bonuses come in different shapes and forms. For instance, a matched deposit bonus is practically a free bet because it allows you to place wagers for free. Other sportsbooks offer free bets as cashback on losing wagers.
Whatever form your bonus assumes, look out for the following restrictions whenever you spot a “free bet” promotion:
- Minimum deposit: does your sportsbook demand that you deposit money before awarding a free bet token? If so, what is the minimum size of the deposit?
- Minimum wager: do you have to place a wager with your money to activate your bonus? If so, how big does that wager have to be
- Minimum odds: do you have to place your initial wager or free bet on lines with certain minimum odds?
- Expiration date: do you have to use your free bet within a certain time?
- Eligible markets: is your free bet token valid only for specific markets? Do any market restrictions apply to your qualifying wager?
No deposit bets
The holy grail of Colorado’s sports betting bonuses. We call it that because all punters desire it and also because it’s impossible to find. No deposit bets are available only at a handful of offshore sportsbooks, typically ones that are new to the market and are willing to pour substantial capital into attracting new users.
The best Colorado sportsbooks, hold a strong reputation and boast substantial user bases, making them highly unlikely to offer no deposit bets in the future.
Other Colorado sports betting bonuses
Besides the three bonus types described above, the best Colorado sportsbooks feature re-deposit bonuses, enhanced odds promotions, profit boosts, and other recurring promotions designed to retain existing players and reward loyalty.
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods at Colorado Sportsbooks
Sports betting in Colorado wouldn’t be possible without a strong network of reliable payment methods. Nevertheless, available payment options vary between the best Colorado sportsbooks, so knowing which bookie offers your preferred banking options is essential.
When it comes to deposits, PayPal, VISA, and Mastercard credit/debit cards and gift cards are supported by every provider in the state. Additionally, some bookies accept deposits through Play+, bank transfers, and PayNearMe. Bookies with a land-based presence allow you to fund your account using physical cash as well.
In terms of withdrawals, available choices are more varied.
All this is to say that there are many options available, so you’ll just have to explore and choose. To help you out, we compiled the following table of deposit and withdrawal methods:
|Sportsbook||Deposit and Withdrawal Methods||Min Deposit||Min Withdrawal||Payout Time|
|BetOnline||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple||$10||$100||1-48 hours|
|MyBookie||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum||$25||$100||1-48 hours|
|Bovada||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin||$10||$500||1-24 hours|
|BetUS||MasterCard, Visa, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum||$10||$100||1-24 hours|
|XBet||VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Bitcoin||$25||$100||24-48 hours|
Unfortunately, Colorado online sports betting lacks Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency deposits.
Colorado Mobile Betting Apps
When it comes to Colorado sports betting online, mobile applications are omnipresent. A sportsbook would not compete in CO’s ever-fiercening market without a robust Colorado betting app for Android and iOS devices.
Importantly, modern mobile betting applications are packed to the brim with betting features, promotions, live streams, and everything else you expect from a browser-based app. In other words, a mobile app no longer implies a significant compromise; it’s often simply the smarter way to bet.
Overall, if betting on the go (or couch) is up your alley, you’ll find that sports betting Colorado has a lot to offer.
Live Betting & Streaming at Colorado Betting Sites
Each of our recommended Colorado sports betting sites offers in-play wagering along with early cash outs. Live betting is available everywhere, too, but there are differences.
How to Compare Colorado Sportsbooks
Range of markets
All of the top CO sportsbooks feature a choice of moneylines, totals, parlays, props, and spreads. However, some of them, prioritize prop bets and spread betting, while others are parlay specialists.
Some bookies, let you parlay several outcomes on the same event, while other bookies don’t. These are minor but important differences that factored into our rankings.
To make our list, a sportsbook had to:
- Accept credit card and PayPal deposits
- Process withdrawals without delay and in less than seven days
- Have a minimum deposit limit of $10 or less
Sportsbooks with lightning-fast transactions and a $5 min. deposit limit received a ranking boost.
When Colorado sports betting online, remember that the best bonuses balance size and practicality; even a $10,000 bonus isn’t very useful if a 45x wager requirement is attached.
XBet’s welcome bonus caps out at $500, which is much lower than what you’ll find at many competing sportsbooks. However, XBet outmatched several rivals and secured 5th place in our rankings because of its unmatched 1x wagering requirement.
Live betting and streaming
Each of our top five Colorado betting sites offers live streaming and live betting in abundance. This was a bare-minimum requirement for inclusion, which was easy to meet considering the popularity of in-play betting.
Licensing and security
A sportsbook is only as good as its ability to keep your money safe and your details safe from prying eyes. That’s why our rankings include only sportsbooks that strictly adhere to Colorado’s sports betting regulations and undergo routine inspections conducted by the Colorado Division of Gaming.
Sportsbooks in Colorado Casinos
Here’s a list of brick-and-mortar tribal casinos that operate in Colorado. Each one is in a position to offer a physical sportsbook:
Casinos in Black Hawk
- Lady Luck Casino
- Red Dolly Casino
- Saratoga Casino
- Ameristar Casino Black Hawk
- Monarch Casino
- Golden Mardi Gras/Golden Gates/Golden Gulch Casinos
- Sasquatch Casino
- Z Casino – Black Hawk
- Bull Durham Saloon and Casino
- Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel
- The Wild Card Saloon & Casino
- Gilpin Casino
- Lodge Casino
Casinos in Cripple Creek
- Century Casinos
- Double Eagle Hostel and Casino
- Wildwood Casino
- Colorado Grande Hotel & Casino
- Billy’s Casino
- Brass Ass/J.P. McGill’s/Midnight Rose Casinos
- Christmas Casino
- Johnny Nolon’s Casino
- Century Casino-Cripple Creek
- Bronco Billy’s Casino
Casinos in Central City
- Dostal Alley Casino
- Century Casino
- Easy Street Casino
- Grand Z Casino
- Famous Bonanza Casino
- Johnny Z Casino
- Ute Mountain Casino Hotel & Resort in Towaoc
- Sky Ute Lodge and Casino in Ignacio
Best Colorado Sports Betting Sites: Conclusion
The CO online sports betting industry is thriving. Thousands of residents are already betting with regional operators, and many more will join their ranks in the coming year. The wait is over. Sign up for an account with our top-tier CO bookmakers and get in on the action!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online sports betting legal in Colorado?
What is the legal gambling age in Colorado?
Who oversees CO sports betting?
Is mobile sports betting available in Colorado?
Where can I bet on sports in Colorado?
Is FanDuel legal in Colorado?
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Dallas Mavericks vs New Orleans Pelicans preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Charlotte Hornets vs Milwaukee Bucks preview, prediction & picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Washington Wizards preview, picks and predictions
- NBA Betting Picks: Denver Nuggets vs Orlando Magic preview, picks and prediction