Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $23.6 million, less with the rights to Elfrid Payton, Stanley Johnson and Julius Randle’s player option.
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Frank Jackson, Tim Frazier, Elfrid Payton (injured)
SG: Jrue Holiday, Ian Clark, Trevon Bluiett (two-way, injured), E’Twaun Moore (injured)
SF: Kenrich Williams, Stanley Johnson
PF: Darius Miller, Cheick Diallo, Solomon Hill
C: Anthony Davis, Julius Randle, Jahlil Okafor (injured), Jason Smith
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Nikola Mirotic, expiring 2/7/20) — $3,109,598
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Julius Randle)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $382,000 (Elfrid Payton)
Waived Players: DeAndre Liggins, Emeka Okafor, Darius Morris, Brandon McCoy, Garlon Green, Jarrett Jack, Troy Williams, Andrew Harrison (two-way), Markieff Morris
Traded Players: Alexis Ajinca, Wesley Johnson
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Trevon Bluiett
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Alvin Gentry
Assistants: Darren Erman (associate head coach), Fred Vinson, Kevin Hanson, Elvis Valcarcel, Chris Finch
Trainer: Duane Brooks
- Dell Demps — general manager
- Danny Ferry — special advisor
- 2019 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley, Jodie Meeks, Jason Smith, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Trey Burke, Kyle Korver, George Hill, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Nikola Mirotic).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): TBD from the Washington Wizards (Markieff Morris)
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cheick Diallo and Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Team option for Jahlil Okafor.
- 6/30/19 — Frank Jackson’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/20/19 — Kenrich Williams’ salary guarantees at $200,000.
- First regular season game — Kenrich Williams’ $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Jahlil Okafor’s $1,702,486 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Troy Williams’ $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 2/7/20 — Nikola Mirotic trade exception expires.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on 2021-22 season.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/7/18 — Signed Coach Alvin Gentry to a contract extension.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Tony Carr (51st).
- 6/28/18 — Darius Miller’s salary guaranteed at $300,000 for 2018-19.
- 7/4/18 — Darius Miller’s $2,205,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/6/18 — Cheick Diallo’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/8/18 — Signed Julius Randle to a two-year, $17,714,050 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/18 — Signed Elfrid Payton to a one-year $3 million contract.
- 7/8/18 — Re-signed Ian Clark to a one-year $1,757,429 minimum contract.
- 7/12/18 — Emeka Okafor’s salary guaranteed at $100,000.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Trevon Bluiett to a two-way contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Garlon Green to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,255,316 contract.
- 7/23/18 — Signed Kenrich Williams to a non/partially-guaranteed two-year $2,255,316 contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Troy Williams to a non-guaranteed two-year $3,157,958 contract.
- 8/8/18 — Signed Jahlil Okafor to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,269,493 minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 9/3/18 — Signed restricted free agent Tyrone Wallace to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,937,614 offer sheet, the Los Angeles Clippers matched.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Darius Morris to a non-guaranteed two-year $3,466,716 minimum contract.
- 9/19/18 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a non-guaranteed one-year $2,393,887 minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/18 — Signed Brandon McCoy to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Traded Alexis Ajinca to the Los Angeles Clippers for Wesley Johnson.
- 10/17/18 — Claimed Tim Frazier off waivers (Milwaukee Bucks).
- 12/5/18 — Signed Andrew Harrison to a two-way contract.
- 1/10/19 — Tim Frazier’s $1,757,429 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Jahlil Okafor’s $1,567,007 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Kenrich Williams’ $838,464 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 2/1/19 — Tony Allen (1,471,382) and Jameer Nelson (1,429,818) trade exceptions expired.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Wesley Johnson to the Washington Wizards for Markieff Morris, a 2023 second-rounder and cash (TBD).
- 2/7/19 — Traded Nikola Mirotic to the Milwaukee Bucks for Jason Smith and for Stanley Johnson from the Detroit Pistons.
- 2/8/19 — Dante Cunningham trade exception ($2.3 million) expired.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jordan Crawford ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Donatas Motiejunas* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tony Carr (2018-51st), Latavious Williams (2010-48th)
- Anthony Davis — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Smoothie King Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/9/19)