Sports betting is officially legal in Louisiana.
Here, we will cover the state of sports betting in Louisiana, including our top offshore sportsbooks, previous bills introduced to legalize betting, the top bonuses at online sportsbooks, and more.
|75% Crypto Deposit Bonus up to $750||Get Offer|
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $300||Get Offer|
|150% up to $3,000||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|35% free play up to $700 Bonus||Get Offer|
- 1 The Best Sports Betting Sites in Louisiana – List 2022
- 2 Louisiana Sports Betting Online
- 2.1 1. Bovada – The Number One Louisiana Sports Betting Website
- 2.2 2. BetOnline – Top Online Betting Site for NBA
- 2.3 3. MyBookie – Superb Selection of Live Sports Betting Options in Louisiana
- 2.4 4. XBet – LA Sportsbook Offering Some of the Quickest Withdrawals
- 2.5 5. Sportsbetting.ag – A Superb Sportsbook for Basketball Betting Fans
- 3 More on gambling in Louisiana…
- 4 Discover Our Top Betting Guides
- 5 Louisiana Online Sports Betting Sites Comparison
- 6 Timeline: Legal Louisiana Sports Betting Movements
- 7 Who can Bet on Sports in Louisiana
- 8 How to Bet on Sports in Louisiana
- 9 Is Sports Betting Legal in Louisiana
- 10 Sports Betting Guides State by State
- 11 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Louisiana
- 12 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in LA
- 13 Read Our Sportsbook Payment Guides
- 14 Payment Methods available in Louisiana
- 15 Bonuses Available at Louisiana Sportsbooks
- 16 Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our Reviews
- 17 Popular Sports to Bet on in Louisiana
- 18 Live Betting with Louisiana Sports Betting Sites
- 19 Learn More About Betting With BBI Guides
- 20 Bets that are Illegal in Louisiana
- 21 How Louisiana Stacks Up to Nearby States
- 22 Casinos with Sports Betting in Louisiana
- 23 More on Louisiana Gambling
- 24 Best Online Sportsbook in Louisiana
- 25 FAQs
The Best Sports Betting Sites in Louisiana – List 2022
There are plenty of sites offering sports betting in Louisiana, even before legal betting has launched. These offshore sportsbooks have been accepting players from across the US for many years, offering markets on many sports, as well as some juicy bonuses for players to enjoy. Check out our list of the 10 best betting sites in Louisiana below to find out where you should sign-up.
- Bovada – The number one Louisiana sports betting website
- BetOnline – Top online betting site for NBA
- MyBookie – Superb selection of live betting options
- BetNow – Smooth user experience with flexible banking options
- BetUS – Offers the biggest welcome bonus in Louisiana
- XBet – The sportsbook offering some of the quickest withdrawals
- BUSR – Fantastic customer support offered
- Jazz – Top Louisiana sports betting site
- Sportsbetting.ag – A superb site for basketball betting fans
- Betanysports – Best US thoroughbred tracks
Louisiana Sports Betting Online
In your mission to find the best sports betting sites that LA has to offer, we’ve been able to rate and review the top five sportsbooks for players in Louisiana.
1. Bovada – The Number One Louisiana Sports Betting Website
Bovada is a superb all-rounder. By this, we mean that the site offers a great array of betting options – perfect if you like to spread your bets over several sports. NBA does, of course, feature strongly at their site, as do the NFL, MLB, and NHL. The site is also strong on soccer betting, plus there’s a whole section of the site dedicated to betting on horse racing. Live betting is also offered, and the live betting platform is one of the better ones available to Louisiana gambling fans.
When it comes to bonuses, Bovada is particularly good for users of Bitcoin. This is because they offer a Bitcoin welcome bonus worth $750 to all first-time depositors. Don’t worry if you prefer using more traditional currency, as there’s also a welcome bonus for you too, but it’s only worth $250.
We should say that Bovada went through a period where it wasn’t seen as the most trustworthy operator. We’re glad to say that this period is now finished, and they have proven themselves to be an honest and safe place to play.
What we like:
- Bitcoin welcome bonus worth a maximum of $750
- $250 welcome bonus for non-Bitcoin users
- Wide selection of markets across many sports
- Fantastic live betting platform
- Superb for fans of horse racing betting
What we don’t:
- Poor history, but now a top sportsbook again
- Depositing using credit card has high fees
2. BetOnline – Top Online Betting Site for NBA
If you’re looking to bet on the NBA – which is probably the case, as you’re reading a site all about basketball – then BetOnline is the place for you. They offer a huge selection of NBA markets, including live betting on all games, plus they also have a great line-up of NCAA markets. Fancy a quick change of scene? If so, you’ll also find markets on all other major sports, including football, baseball, hockey, and soccer.
All new players at BetOnline will be able to claim a 50% first deposit bonus, which can be worth a maximum of $1,000. There are also other bonuses to claim, including one that boosts all cryptocurrency deposits by 35%. Once you’ve deposited, you’ll be able to place some huge bets, as BetOnline has extremely high maximum betting limits – perfect for high rollers.
There are also so many other reasons that make BetOnline the number one Louisiana sports betting site, including their top customer support and varied payment options. We’d recommend BetOnline to everyone in the state!
What we like:
- 50% first deposit bonus worth up to $1,000
- 35% bonus for all cryptocurrency deposits
- Amazing selection of basketball betting options
- Great live betting platform
- Incredibly high betting limits available
What we don’t:
- Fees applied to non-crypto withdrawals
3. MyBookie – Superb Selection of Live Sports Betting Options in Louisiana
Following closely behind BetOnline is MyBookie, our number two rated online sportsbook for those looking to bet in Louisiana. As you’d expect from a site we rate so highly, you’ll find a fantastic array of betting options, including NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL. However, where MyBookie really stands out is live betting. Their live betting platform is exceptionally intuitive to use, plus they offer loads of markets on most major sporting events, including all NBA games. If you’re looking to bet live on sporting action in Louisiana, MyBookie is the place for you!
MyBookie also offers a nice welcome bonus to new players. You’ll be able to double your first deposit at the site, up to a maximum of $1,000, plus you’ll also receive a $20 casino chip to use playing one of the many games found on the site. You’ll also find reload bonuses, horse racing betting rebates, and more, making this one of the best LA sports betting sites for bonuses and promotions.
You’ll also find that MyBookie ticks pretty much every other box, as it offers great customer support, simple transactions, and a safe place to gamble. No wonder it’s number two in our list of Louisiana sports betting sites!
What we like:
- Welcome bonus worth up to $1,000
- Loads of other bonuses and promotions
- Amazing live betting platform
- Many markets on NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL
- Deposit using a range of cryptocurrencies
What we don’t:
- Poor selection of eSports markets
4. XBet – LA Sportsbook Offering Some of the Quickest Withdrawals
If you’re looking for an innovative Louisiana betting site, XBet is your top spot for sports betting. The growing popularity of the XBet sportsbook is impressive, given that it only opened for business in 2013. It has a sophisticated design and a homepage with high-quality visuals. XBet excels at soccer betting and offers a variety of bets on different events. You can’t go wrong wagering on the sports book’s competitive.
XBet offers Soccer futures, which are also available via live betting, so you may bet live during games. Golf is also one of the most popular sports to bet on at XBet, and also offers bettors a lot of options when it comes to golf betting. For example, they offer sports like NASCAR, MMA, Australian Rules, boxing, basketball, football, and cricket.
The sportsbook also features a casino section with various games to wager on, like roulette, baccarat, slots, blackjack, and more.
XBet betting limits are straightforward. For what it’s worth, the minimum bet at the sportsbook is $2. In addition, XBet doesn’t specify any limits on the maximum wagers you can make, leading us to believe there’s no betting limit. With mobile betting, the requirement is different. You need to wager a minimum of $25.
There is no doubt that XBet is ahead of the curve regarding the sportsbook’s bonuses. It offers a variety of top Louisiana XBet sportsbook promo codes for bonuses, a nice perk for gamblers. Besides decent casino promotion offers, XBet provides bettors with hands-on customer service to answer inquiries or resolve other issues.
What we like:
- Accepts a variety of cryptocurrencies
- Unique betting markets
- Odds are competitive
- 24/7 customer service
- Large sports library
What we don’t:
- Limited bonus offers
- Limited payment options
5. Sportsbetting.ag – A Superb Sportsbook for Basketball Betting Fans
Sportsbetting.ag is another big player among US offshore sportsbooks and has been allowing people in LA to bet for years. Basketball fans will love betting there, as it is perhaps the top NBA betting site around, offering loads of markets on every single game, as well as plenty of futures. Live betting on NBA is also simple and enjoyable at Sportsbetting.ag.
This is a site that’s particularly friendly towards players looking to deposit using Bitcoin, as there are plenty of bonuses aimed directly at them. However, everyone will be able to claim the first deposit bonus, which adds 50% to your first deposit and is worth up to $1,000.
As with all the other sites we recommend, you can also trust Sportsbetting.ag completely. They’ve been offering sports betting to US gamblers for many years now, and they wouldn’t have remained so popular if they were doing some wrong.
What we like:
- Fantastic selection of NBA betting markets
- Great live betting platform
- Nearly always has competitive odds
- Welcome bonus worth up to $1,000
- Many cryptocurrency bonuses
What we don’t:
- Pretty unimpressive website
- High minimum deposits for some payment methods
More on gambling in Louisiana…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Louisiana in our expert guides below:
- Louisiana Real Money Online Casinos
- Louisiana Online Poker
- Louisiana Online Gambling
- Louisiana Betting Apps
- Louisiana Horse Racing
Discover Our Top Betting Guides
Louisiana Online Sports Betting Sites Comparison
Looking to compare the best Louisiana sports betting sites at a glance? If so, check out the handy table we’ve put together below.
|Sportsbook||Bonus||Promo Code||Available Markets||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|BetOnline||50% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, boxing, golf, martial arts, soccer, tennis, horse racing, auto racing, cricket, darts, entertainment, financials, handball, lottery, politics, rugby league, rugby union, snooker, table tennis||No||VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Person to Person, money order, bank wire transfer|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, MMA, boxing, motorsports, golf, tennis, soccer, cricket, cycling, entertainment, eSports, futsal, horse racing, rugby, table tennis, US politics, volleyball||Yes||VISA, MasterCard, Person 2 Person, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple|
|Bovada||50% deposit match up to $250||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, Aussie rules, beach volleyball, boxing, cricket, cycling, darts, entertainment, eSports, futsal, golf, handball, horse racing, motorsports, politics, rugby league, rugby union, snooker, soccer, table tennis, UFC/MMA, virtual sports, volleyball, winter sports||Yes||VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Zelle, MatchPay, voucher|
|Sportsbetting.ag||50% match bonus up to $1,000||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, boxing, golf, martial arts, soccer, tennis, horse racing, Aussie rules, auto racing, cricket, darts, entertainment, cycling, financials, handball, lottery, poker, politics, rugby league, rugby union, snooker, table tennis, volleyball, wrestling, lacrosse||No||VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, ecoPayz, Person to Person, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Stellar, USD Coin, money order, bank wire transfer, check|
|XBet||100% match bonus up to $500||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, golf, tennis, MMA, boxing, motorsports, soccer, cricket, cycling, entertainment, eSports, futsal, horse racing, rugby, table tennis, US politics||No||VISA, MasterCard, Person 2 Person, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash|
|BetUS||125% match bonus up to $3,125||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, tennis, golf, soccer, horse racing, martial arts, boxing, table tennis, NASCAR, rugby, motorsports, cricket, cycling, politics, entertainment, volleyball, surfing, handball, novelty, snooker, eSports||No||VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, cash transfer, bank wire transfer|
|Everygame||50% match bonus up to $200||INSIDERS||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, tennis, alpine skiing, biathlon, boxing/UFC, cricket, darts, eSports, golf, handball, horse racing, motorsports, non-sporting, rugby, snooker, soccer, stock market, table tennis, volleyball||No||VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club International, Skrill, Neteller, Skrill 1-Tap, ecoPayz, Paysafecard, eZeeWallet, Paysafecard, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, MoneyGlobal|
|BetNow||100% match bonus up to $500||BN100||NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, CFL, college sports, auto racing, soccer, golf, tennis, cricket, Aussie rules, MMA, rugby, table tennis, volleyball, eSports||No||VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Person 2 Person, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash|
|BetUSR||20% match bonus up to $150||Not required||NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, NHL, college sports, CFL, horse racing, MMA, boxing, soccer, golf, entertainment, tennis, US politics, motorsports, futsal, table tennis, eSports, cricket, cycling, wrestling, rugby||No||VISA, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Litecoin, MoneyGram, bank wire transfer|
Timeline: Legal Louisiana Sports Betting Movements
Despite launching legal sports betting in June 2021, there have been some exciting developments in the LA sports betting ecosystem.
- March 28, 2022 – New Orleans City Council approved plans to allow the New Orleans Fair Grounds to create a retail sportsbook.
- March 24, 2022 – DraftKings opens a temporary sportsbook at Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge.
- March 4, 2022 – As part of Louisiana’s Problem Gambling Awareness Month, Gov. John Bel Edwards has declared March to be the month. An announcement states that Louisiana’s sports wagering and mobile sports betting raise the odds of problem gambling.
- February 3, 2022 – Sports betting generated transactions from 3.6% of Louisiana’s adult population in its first 36 hours under Los Angeles’ sports betting legislation, according to GeoComply. During the first weekend of mobile sports betting in New York, that number was higher than 3.3%. It ranked higher than Indiana, Colorado, and Tennessee.
- January 10, 2022 – Ronnie Johns, the Louisiana Gaming Control Board chairman, spoke with the media to dispel rumors mobile sports betting could be available this week. Before the February 13 Super Bowl, Johns aims to launch Louisiana’s first mobile sports betting service.
- September 16, 2021 – The Louisiana Gaming Control Board passed permanent sports betting rules.
- August 19, 2021 – Emergency sports betting rules established by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, allowing it to begin the licensing process.
- June 22, 2021 – Gov. Edwards signs SB247 and SB142 into law.
- June 7, 2021 – Gov. Edwards signs HB697 into law.
- June 3, 2021 – SB142 passes through the Senate. This sets out how the taxation from sports betting will be used.
- May 20, 2021 – HB697 passes the Senate and is sent to Gov. John Bel Edwards for his signature.
- May 19, 2021 – The Senate passes SB247, which proposes 20 sports betting licenses be made available.
- May 11, 2021 – HB697 passes the House, setting the proposed taxation rates for sports betting.
- November 4, 2020 – 55 of the 64 parishes in Louisiana vote to allow both land-based and online sports betting inside their borders.
- May 14, 2018 – The Supreme Court quashes the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, paving the way for sports betting to be legalized.
Who can Bet on Sports in Louisiana
Sports betting is legal in LA. To bet with a regulated sportsbook online, you must be 21 years of age, and you must also be located within the confines of the state when you wish to wager. Your location is tracked by the online sportsbooks’ geolocation software which does a one-time check on your IP address.
However, offshore sportsbooks are also available. If you want to bet on sports with one of these, you must be 18 years of age or older.
How to Bet on Sports in Louisiana
1. Create An Account
After choosing which sportsbook you want to play at, you must click on the registration button to begin the account creation process. The registration button is found in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
2. Check Out the Promotions
After creating an account, head over to the Promotions page to see what promotions you are eligible for. This could impact what you deposit into your account.
3. Fund Your Account
You can head over to the deposit page and fund your account with your promotions in mind. There will be a list of available methods that you can choose from.
4. Make Your Bet
With cash in your virtual wallet, you can start wagering on sports and contests. When you make your selection, you will complete the wager on the betslip that will populate with your selection.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Louisiana
Yes, sports betting is legal in Louisiana and was signed into law in June 2021.
Sports Betting Guides State by State
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Louisiana
- SB 142: This was one of three pieces of legislature that needed to pass for sports betting to become law. This bill provided the disposition of funds generated by sports betting.
- SB 247: This bill provided regulation to sports wagering.
- HB 697: This bill also needed to pass for sports betting to become legal, and it did.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in LA
Louisiana’s state income tax system has three tiers and goes up by 2% each tier, starting at 2%.
- Income of up to $12,500 is taxed at 2%
- Income of up to $50,000 is taxed at 4%
- Income of $50,000 or more is taxed at 6%
Read Our Sportsbook Payment Guides
Payment Methods available in Louisiana
Crypto Betting Options
Cryptocurrency has become a lucrative payment method at offshore sportsbooks. At these sportsbooks, there are sometimes even promotions centered around them.
There are multiple different cryptos that you can use, but below is a list of the more popular options.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
eWallet Betting Options
With an eWallet, you will be able to fund your account with the eWallet account balance or use it as a middle-man between your bank account and online sportsbook account.
Traditional Payment Methods at Louisiana Betting sites
If none of the above methods make sense for you, there are even more traditional methods you could pursue.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- ACH Transfer
- Online Banking
- Check my mail
- Wire Transfer
Bonuses Available at Louisiana Sportsbooks
With so much competition in the online sportsbooks scene, one thing that helps these sites separate themselves from each other.
Below are some of the more popular bonus offers you will find.
With a deposit bonus, you will receive a bonus proportional to the percentage that the online sportsbook will match it.
For example, at BetOnline, you will receive a 50% deposit bonus of up to $1,000.
So, if you deposit $2,000, you will receive the total $1,000. However, the bonus funds cannot be withdrawn until you complete the wagering requirements.
At BetOnline, the wagering requirements are 10x the bonus. Thus, to withdraw the $1,000 as cash, you must wager $10,000 on the site.
Reload bonuses are essentially smaller deposit bonuses available to all players. The percentage and bonus funds rates are usually lower, however.
You can access these offers by either opting into them or using the necessary promo code on the deposit page.
With a risk-free bet, you will receive said bet back as site credit should that bet end in a loss.
No Deposit Bonus
A no deposit bonus is another way of referring to a sign-up bonus. With this kind of offer, you will receive it just for creating an account.
The bonus is usually $10 to $25, and the wagering requirements are typically only 1x.
Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our Reviews
Popular Sports to Bet on in Louisiana
NFL Betting in Louisiana
The NFL is the biggest sport to wager on, and with that, you can bet at any of our recommended sportsbooks without worrying about needing to odds shop.
In terms of what you wager on in the NFL, the typical bets are moneyline, spread, totals, and props. Of course, there are a plethora of other ways, too.
- New Orleans Saints – Won Super Bowl XLIV in 2009.
NBA Betting in Louisiana
We recommend betting on the NBA at two sportsbooks: BetUS and BetOnline. Both provide excellent odds and numerous markets to wager on, such as futures and props. BetUS also has Gary Payton as their brand ambassador, so there is always more emphasis on basketball here.
You can bet on the same things as the NFL in the NBA—moneyline, spread, totals, props, and more.
- New Orleans Pelicans – Became a team in 2013.
MLB Betting in Louisiana
Although there is no MLB team in Louisiana, there are plenty of professional teams in nearby states. Bovada is our recommended stop for MLB betting and has been a premium baseball betting platform since it opened in 2011.
You will also bet on the same things as the NFL and the NBA.
NHL Betting in Louisiana
Like baseball, there is no NHL team in Louisiana. However, if you’re looking to bet on the NHL, MyBookie offers excellent odds and introduces odds faster than most other sportsbooks.
NCAAB Betting in Louisiana
While there are limited professional teams in Louisiana, there are plenty of excellent college programs in basketball and football.
The trend of BetOnline and BetUS continues to do great for college basketball, in addition to the NBA, where you have all of the same bets as the NBA available to you.
- Northwestern – Last made the NCAA tournament in 2017.
- Louisiana Tech – Won the conference division championship in 2021.
- LSU – Have made the Final Four four times.
NCAAF Betting in Louisiana
Like the NFL, betting on college football can confidently be done at any online sportsbook we recommend.
You will have the identical wagers available to you as the NFL, but there are numerous futures to take part in, including awards, championships, and more.
- Northwestern – Won their only National Championship in 1903
- Louisiana Tech – Has had 34 head coaches in the history of the program.
- LSU – Home to two Heisman winners (Billy Cannon, Joe Burrow)
Golf Betting in Louisiana
When it comes to golf, the tournaments, such as The Masters, feature numerous golfers, and it can be a challenging sport to pick the outright winner.
In addition to outright winner, you can wager on top-five, top-10, top-15, and top-20 finishes.
Horse Racing Betting in Louisiana
LA offers pari-mutuel wagering on live thoroughbred and quarter-horse races. Including pari-mutuel wagering, you can also wager on the following things with sports betting: win, place, show, exacta, daily double, and picks 3-6.
Here are the race tracks in Louisiana:
- Delta Downs
- Evangeline Downs
- Fair Grounds Race Course
- Louisiana Downs
DFS is Legal in LA
With DFS, you can win millions in cash prizes by competing against other players all over the country.
Live Betting with Louisiana Sports Betting Sites
With live betting, you can wager on contests actively in progress. The odds change as the game continues. While our recommended offshore sportsbooks have excellent live betting interfaces, BetOnline and BetUS are slightly a cut above the rest.
Learn More About Betting With BBI Guides
Bets that are Illegal in Louisiana
There are no illegal bets in LA. You can bet on college games and college player props.
How Louisiana Stacks Up to Nearby States
In comparing itself to the states it borders—Arkansas, Mississippi, and Texas—LA is by far the most accessible when it comes to sports wagering.
- Arkansas: Retail sports betting legal
- Mississippi: Retail sports betting legal, mobile wagering legal on premises of retail casinos.
- Texas – No legal sports betting
- Louisiana – Retail and mobile sports betting is legal
Casinos with Sports Betting in Louisiana
In addition to mobile sports betting, there are numerous casinos where you can bet on sports in Louisiana. Most of the following casinos are partnered with regulated operators.
- Boomtown Casino & Hotel New Orleans
- Harrah’s New Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Horseshoe Bossier City Hotel & Casino
- L’Auberge Casino Hotel Baton Rouge
- L’Auberge Casino Lake Charles
- Paragon Casino Resort and Hotel
- Margaritaville Resort Casino
- Boomtown Casino Hotel
- Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino
- Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
More on Louisiana Gambling
While sports betting is legal in LA, other forms of gambling, like online casino play, are not yet legal. However, there are other options.
Explore the links below for more information on that and other forms of gambling you can engage in within LA.
- Best online casinos in Louisiana
- Online gambling in Louisiana
- Horse racing in Louisiana
- Online poker in Louisiana
Best Online Sportsbook in Louisiana
With a 50% deposit bonus up to $1,000, BetOnline offers numerous sports to wager on and multiple other ways to gamble, such as horse racing, poker, and casino play.
You will also find crypto-only offers at BetOnline, known for NBA betting.
|100% Up To $3,000 Casino Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
Is online sports betting legal in Louisiana?
Online sports betting is legal in 56 parishes in Louisiana, but there aren’t currently any legal online sports betting sites that have launched yet. However, you can currently bet at many offshore betting sites, including those listed on this page.
What is the legal gambling age in Louisiana?
When it’s launched, the legal age to bet on sports in Louisiana will be 21. You must also be 21 to play the lottery, gamble in any land-based casinos, and bet on horses. However, you can play bingo from the age of 18.
Who oversees LA sports betting?
The organization overseeing sports betting in Louisiana is the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, but they do not regulate offshore sports betting sites. Instead, these are licensed and regulated by organizations outside the US.
Is mobile sports betting available in Louisiana?
It is not currently available in the state, but it has been legalized. Once mobile sports betting goes live, there will be up to 40 mobile betting providers in the 56 parishes of the state that voted to approve legal betting. The remaining eight parishes will be geofenced, meaning people in them won’t be able to access mobile sports betting.
Where can I bet on sports in Louisiana?
You can currently bet on sports in Louisiana at several offshore sportsbooks, the best of which are listed further up this page. You will also soon be able to bet on sports at land-based sportsbooks found in the state’s casinos, plus you’ll also soon be able to bet at up to 40 licensed online sportsbooks in the state.