Forward Lamar Odom’s season in Spain was cut short by a back injury.
The Spanish team, Baskonia, said Saturday that Odom’s personal doctors in New York ruled him unfit to play for two months, putting an end to his present contract, according to the Associated Press.
Odom, who won two NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers, signed a two-month contract with the Basque club in February.
Odom thanked the team’s fans on Baskonia’s website.
“I am going to try and get back on the court and give you guys a show,” he wrote.
Odom, 34, scored just two points in 23 minutes over two games for the club.
“Lamar Odom as an athlete, he is a little embarrassed,” Odom said. “But, at the same time, I am proud to be able to say that I am hurt and that I have a team that understands that I am injured and they are still supportive. That means a lot.”
The team said it would “leave the door open” to re-sign Odom when he is healthy enough to play.
Odom averaged a career-low 4.0 points and 5.9 rebounds in 2012-13 with the Los Angeles Clippers and no NBA teams signed him this season.
Odom was arrested for drunken driving last summer and got divorced from his reality TV star wife, Khloe Kardashian, in December.
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic