Bucknell dominated a high-scoring overtime to complete a come-from-behind, 72-66 victory over Fairfield on Monday in Bridgeport, Conn.
The Bison (3-5) trailed for much of the game, but they closed to within three on a 3-pointer by guard Chris Hass with 1:57 to play. After Fairfield guard K.J. Rose missed two free throws, Bucknell guard J.C. Show sank a 3-pointer to tie the score at 47.
Neither team could score again in regulation, with Rose and guard Tyler Nelson both missing in the final seconds for Fairfield.
Bucknell scored the first six points of overtime on a 3-pointer by guard Steve Kaspar and a three-point play from center Nana Foulland. Fairfield (2-5) didn’t get closer than three points the rest of the way.
The teams combined for 44 points in the five minutes of overtime, two more than they scored in the entire first half. The Stags entered intermission with a 24-18 lead and led by as many as 12 in the second half.
Hass scored 18 points to lead Bucknell. He shot just 4-for-14 from the field but made nine of his 10 foul shots. Bison forward Dom Hoffman finished with 14 points and a team-high seven rebounds, and Foulland scored 12.
Rose led all scorers with 26 points, making all four of his 3-point attempts. Forward Marcus Gilbert added 17, but no other Fairfield player scored more than seven.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Dallas Mavericks vs New Orleans Pelicans preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Charlotte Hornets vs Milwaukee Bucks preview, prediction & picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Washington Wizards preview, picks and predictions
- NBA Betting Picks: Denver Nuggets vs Orlando Magic preview, picks and prediction