Chicago Bulls select Gary Harris at No. 19
With the 19th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls selected Gary Harris and traded him to the Denver Nuggets.
As part of their trade with the Chicago Bulls, the Denver Nuggets also received the #19 selection in the draft, which they used on Michigan State shooting guard Gary Harris.
Harris at #19 was one of the better values of the night, as he was someone who many experts had pegged for the latter portion of the lottery. Specifically, several mock drafts actually had Denver taking Harris at #11, so adding #16 pick Jusef Nurkic in the trade and getting Harris at the #19 pick’s salary proved to be a pretty savvy move.
As for Harris, he’s a little bit undersized to play shooting guard in the NBA at only 6’4”, but his incredible success in the NCAA should make him a solid scorer for the Nuggets. Scoring is obviously his forte, and he does have NBA range, so combined with Arron Afflalo the shooting guard rotation in Denver looks a lot stronger than it did when the day started.
It also could signal the end for Randy Foye in Denver, but that’s a problem for further down the road. On daft night, the Nuggets turn one decent draft pick into two of them, and that’s a big enough win to call their evening a success.
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
- Daniel Freitag: The 4-Star Prospect in Wisconsin Badgers’ Sights
- Jaylen Brown Next Team Odds If Not Celtics 2023: Hawks Are Betting Favorites
- League sources call Lakers assistant coach Phil Handy a name to watch for on Frank Vogel’s staff with Phoenix
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 5 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Headlines 6 days ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell