Senior guard Daniel Bejarano scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds, helping Colorado State beat Fresno State 81-73 Wednesday night at Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif.
Senior forward J.J. Avila scored 16 points, junior guard Joe De Ciman had 14 and senior forward Stanton Kidd added 11 for Colorado State (22-5, 9-5 Mountain West).
Junior guard Cezar Guerrero scored 20 points to lead Fresno State (12-14, 7-6). Junior guards Marvelle Harris and Julien Lewis scored 14 points apiece.
Colorado State staged an early 12-0 run to take a 19-7 lead on a jumper by Avila. The Rams stretched their lead to 31-17 on another jumper by Avila, but Fresno State battled back.
The Bulldogs cut the deficit to five on a 3-pointer by Guerrero with 1:05 remaining in the half. Colorado State led 37-32 at the break after shooting 48.3 percent while holding Fresno State to 41.9 percent shooting.
The Rams went up by nine early in the second half and extended their lead to 12 on a layup by Avila with 13:55 to go. The Bulldogs got within five with 4:41 to play, but the Rams withstood the charge.
For the game, Colorado State barely outshot Fresno State, 47.2 percent to 46.7 percent. However, the Rams posted a 41-29 rebounding advantage.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Dallas Mavericks vs New Orleans Pelicans preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Charlotte Hornets vs Milwaukee Bucks preview, prediction & picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Washington Wizards preview, picks and predictions
- NBA Betting Picks: Denver Nuggets vs Orlando Magic preview, picks and prediction
Main Page1 week ago
LeBron James receives one-game suspension for elbowing Isaiah Stewart
College Headlines1 week ago
Gonzaga vs UCLA: Picks, Preview and Predictions
Main Page1 week ago
Bovada Specials – LeBron James and Isaiah Stewart foul odds
Headlines2 weeks ago
Sacramento Kings Fire Luke Walton