Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving is now more optimistic leading into the 2022-23 NBA season, following the trade request and offseason drama spurred by Kevin Durant.
Moving forward, the seven-time All-Star believes the events that transpired will help improve the team. “When Kev made that request, I feel like we got better,” Irving told Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium.
“Afterwards. Not initially, but now where we are now, I feel like we can honestly say we got better, with the principles that are needed for success.”
A couple of NBA betting sites are giving the Nets the fourth-best odds to win the championship in 2023. Will Brooklyn win a title this season with Durant and Irving? Some sportsbooks are anticipating an NBA Finals appearance.
New season, new intro.
Tune in tonight at 7 p.m. ET ⤵️
— Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) October 18, 2022
“Without going through some test in the summertime or during the season, we wouldn’t be able to be as close and bonded as we are now,” continued Kyrie Irving.
Last season, the 11-year veteran made appearances in only 29 games. Because he refused the COVID-19 vaccines, the guard was ineligible to participate in home games at Barclays Center until March.
During the 2021-22 season, Irving averaged 27.4 points, 4.4 rebounds, 5.8 assists, and 1.4 steals per game. Plus, he shot 46.9% from the field and 41.8% from 3-point range.
Kyrie Irving feels the Kevin Durant trade drama during the offseason has helped improve the Nets
Irving also opened up about earlier regrets during his playing career. “There were a lot of things that happened in the business that I didn’t understand,” explained the guard when referring to his trade request with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2017.
“When I asked for a trade from Cleveland, the one thing that I look back on is: Did I exhaust as many opportunities to get closer to guys when I felt some type of difference?”
“There was a lot of things that happened in the business that I didn’t understand,” Kyrie Irving reiterated. “Asking for a trade — I don’t think it was my time to ask for a trade.”
“And especially to go to Boston, who was No. 2 or No. 1 in our conference, it’s just right down the street. I’m grateful that I had my time there because it was one of the most historical franchises that again, I did not know the power of our industry.”
The Nets finished 44-38 (.537) and seventh overall in the Eastern Conference standings last season. Then, the Boston Celtics swept them in the first round of the 2022 NBA Playoffs.
In the offseason, the front office traded a 2023 first-round draft pick to the Utah Jazz for Royce O’Neale. Brooklyn also signed former Pacers forward T.J. Warren.
Of course, Kyrie Irving exercised his $36,934,550 player option for the 2022-23 season. Quite a few NBA analysts are expecting the Irving-Durant duo to come to an end after this season. Some fans are also expecting a potential mid-season trade.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Raptors forward Scottie Barnes on coming off bench: ‘It was a little different, for sure’
- Marcus Smart’s Playmaking Role Has Made Boston A More Dynamic Team
- Spurs sign forward Alize Johnson, waive rookie Jordan Hall
- Malcolm Brogdon ‘Happy’ To Be On The Celtics This Season
- Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns suffers calf strain injury
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: De’Aaron Fox Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Leads Our Best Bets
NBA 6 days ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest