Senior forward Christian Thomas scored 17 points to lead Loyola (Chicago) to a 48-45 victory over Boise State in the championship game of the Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
Junior forward Montel James scored 10 points for Loyola, which earned its sixth win in a row.
Sophomore forward James Webb III had nine points and nine rebounds to lead Boise State (10-3).
Loyola (10-2) took a 13-4 lead on a layup by James with 11:39 to play in the opening half. The Ramblers held an 18-10 lead after sophomore guard Milton Doyle made a 3-pointer, but Boise State battled back, mounting a 15-2 run to take a 25-20 lead on a dunk by Webb.
The Broncos led 27-22 at the break and extended their lead to 33-26 on a three-point play by senior guard Igor Hadziomerovic with 17:09 to play in the second half. The Ramblers rallied, staging a 9-0 run to take a 35-33 lead on a layup by Thomas with 12:55 to go.
Loyola maintained a slight lead until Webb made a 3-pointer to tie the game at 43-43 with 5:15 to play. The Broncos took the lead moments later on two free throws by Webb, but Loyola moved back on top on a layup by Doyle with 2:37 to go.
Boise State had a chance to tie the game at the end, but sophomore forward Nick Duncan missed a 3-pointer with two seconds remaining.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks