Forward Mike Myers led five Maryland-Eastern Shore players in double-figures with 19 points and the Hawks beat host St. Bonaventure 82-80 in a nonconference game Monday.
Guard Devin Martin scored 17 points, while guards Devon Walker and Ryan Andino each scored 12 for UMES (6-8), which has won five of its past seven games. Guard Ishaq Pitt added 10 points for the Hawks.
UMES made 10 of 17 3-point attempts.
Guard Marcus Posley led the Bonnies (7-3) with 26 points, while center Youssou Ndoye scored 18.
UMES took control early and a pair of 3-pointers and a layup by Walker provided a 22-12 lead with 11:34 left in the first half. The Hawks were 17 of 29 from the field (58.6 percent) and led 45-33 at the break.
It was the largest halftime deficit of the season for the Bonnies.
St. Bonaventure opened the second half on a 17-5 run and tied the game at 50 on a layup by Posley with 14:06 left. The teams traded shots before Martin hit consecutive 3-pointers to give UMES a 68-62 lead with 8:42 remaining.
The Hawks maintained the lead, but a pair of free throws by Posley pulled the Bonnies to within 79-78 with 1:25 left. After Martin made a pair of free throws one minute later, Ndoye responded with a layup for St. Bonaventure.
Adams missed a 3-point attempt with seven seconds left and the Hawks sealed the game with another free throw by Pitt that provided the 82-80 margin.
Forward Dion Wright finished with 16 points and guard Jaylen Adams had 10 for St. Bonaventure.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks