With the 22nd pick in the 2014 NBA Draft the Memphis Grizzlies have selected guard Jordan Adams out of UCLA.
The Grizzlies get the chance to add some depth and scoring to their veteran team. Adams is a talented guard who can make an immediate difference for the Grizzlies off the bench with his scoring and energy. The sophomore is only 19 years old and still has a very high ceiling to develop his overall game.
After averaging 17.4 points for UCLA last year, Adams rose to the main offensive contributor among a talented-laden back court. Adams can get his shot off anywhere on the court and excels when given space. While known for his offensive abilities, Adams also averaged 2.6 steals last year and has very quick hands that will lead to easy transition points.
The Grizzlies have the luxury of having a veteran, established core with go-to players. With the Grizzlies grabbing Adams, he has a chance to earn role right away and learn from veteran guards Tony Allen and Mike Conley. There is no pressure for Adams to contribute right away with this team similarly to last year’s pick Jamaal Franklin. However, any kind of offensive contribution will welcomed for this defense-first team.
- After 14 games with Kings, Sasha Vezenkov admits that the NBA is faster than EuroLeague
- LeBron James’ manager Maverick Carter admitted using illegal bookie to bet on NBA
- Bronny James is cleared to return to USC training 4 months after suffering cardiac arrest
- Pistons become only 13th team to ever go winless in a month calendar after 16-straight losses
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
NBA 1 week ago
Josh Giddey, Underage Girl Go Viral After Leaked Photos On Social Media
NBA 4 days ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
Main Page 1 week ago
LaMelo Ball becomes 2nd-fastest, 3rd-youngest player in NBA history to reach 500 career 3-pointers
Main Page 1 week ago
Timberwolves’ Jaden McDaniels out 2-3 weeks with right ankle sprain