Two days before the Cleveland Cavaliers open the season against the New York Knicks, they received a scare when forward Kevin Love took a shot to the ribs during Tuesday’s practice and was held out for the rest of the day.
Cavs coach David Blatt indicated that Love was not seriously injured. He did not say how the injury occurred.
“We pulled him out, but he’s OK,” Blatt said. “He’s fine.”
—LeBron James and his wife, Savannah Brinson, have their own Little Three.
According to reports, the couple welcomed a daughter on Oct. 22. James is not expected to miss any time with the Cleveland Cavaliers, who open the regular season Thursday.
James and Brinson have two sons, Bryce and LeBron Jr.
—Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo won’t be sure until game time whether he’ll be able to play in the season opener on Wednesday night against the Brooklyn Nets.
Rondo, who has a broken hand, said he’ll know when he wakes up from a pregame nap whether he’ll be good to go. He has been elusive leading up to the opener about the condition of his hand. Rondo underwent surgery five weeks ago to fix a fractured metacarpal bone that was injured during a fall in a shower.
The veteran missed the first half of the 2013-14 season after reconstructive knee surgery.
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Atlanta Hawks vs Indiana Pacers preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview