NCAA News Wire
North Carolina Central 61, Howard 39
Anthony McDonald scored six of his game-high 21 points during a second-half run that helped North Carolina Central take command en route to a 61-39 victory over Howard in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference game played Sunday night in the Big Apple Classic at the Barclays Center in New York.
McDonald seven of 15 3-point attempts. He didn’t attempt a 2-point shot or a free throw. The guard sank two his long shots in a 13-point second-half run that gave North Carolina Central (6-3, 2-0 MEAC) a 52-31 lead with 4:34 left.
That long dry spell crushed the Bison. Howard had stayed close throughout but didn’t score a point for seven minutes, 16 seconds and got only three in a period of 10:19.
Forward Jordan Parks helped North Carolina Central with 13 points and 13 rebounds.
Guard James Daniel led Howard (5-5, 1-1) with 14 points, the only Bison player to reach double figures.
North Carolina Central led throughout most of the first half and held a 27-19 edge at halftime as Howard endured another dry spell, making just one basket in the final six minutes.
Howard’s next game is a nonconference matchup at Richmond on Saturday. North Carolina Central, which has won five straight, plays at Maryland on Wednesday.
- Heat star Jimmy Butler plans to link up with Lionel Messi after signing for Miami’s MLS team
- How to Watch Nuggets vs. Heat Game 4 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- Despite being in the Finals, the Nuggets have traded with the Thunder to get a package of future draft picks
- Nikola Jokic needs 9 rebounds to become first player with 500 points, 250 rebounds, and 100 assists in a postseason
- Pelicans star Zion Williamson is in the eye of the storm after porn actress exposed alledged love triangle
Main Page 4 days ago
Magic star Jonathan Isaac to launch ‘Anti-Woke’ clothing brand UNITUS in August
NBA 2 weeks ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Main Page 3 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell