The Boston Celtics are engaged in trade talks that could result in point guard Rajon Rondo heading to the Dallas Mavericks, multiple media outlets reported Wednesday.
Boston would receive a package that would include a 2015 first-round pick with limited lottery protection, according to Yahoo Sports. ESPN.com reported that Dallas center Brandan Wright is likely to be included along with multiple draft picks.
According to the Boston Globe, Mavericks forward Jae Crowder is another player who could be headed to the Celtics.
Other teams including the Houston Rockets reportedly expressed interest in Rondo, 28.
Following Boston’s 109-92 win over the Orlando Magic on Wednesday, Rondo was asked about the latest rumors, and he reiterated that he remains committed to the Celtics.
“How many times you want me to say it?” he said, according to the Globe. “We discussed it on media day (in September). My thoughts and my opinions as far as the organization hasn’t changed.”
Rondo, who finished with 13 points, 15 assists and seven rebounds Wednesday, is averaging 8.3 points, 10.8 assists and 7.5 boards per game this season.
Over his nine NBA seasons, all with the Celtics, Rondo is averaging 11 points, 8.5 assists and 4.7 rebounds. He is a four-time All-Star, and he won a championship with Boston in 2007-08.
- Pacers’ Tyrese Haliburton on Buddy Hield: ‘If you think a trade’s happening and I’m not aware, you’re a clown’
- ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith suggests that Damian Lillard would fit next to LeBron James, Lakers
- Celtics’ Kristaps Porzingis expected to participate in opening training camp practice
- NBA legend Magic Johnson reveals he would only be interested in owning the New York Knicks
- Kai Jones’ Future With Hornets Remains Uncertain After Dissing Teammates, Skipping Team Drills
Main Page 1 week ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 7 days ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 1 week ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 1 week ago
Luka Doncic celebrates launch of new Luka 2 ‘Lake Bled’ Jordan Brand shoes during 3-on-3 tournament on floating court in Slovenia