Hall of Famer and Los Angeles Lakers legend Shaquille O’Neal talked about Ime Udoka on “The Big Podcast with Shaq.” Per multiple reports, the Boston Celtics head coach cheated on Nia Long, his longtime fiancée.
Udoka was suspended for the entire 2022-23 season after allegedly having an affair with a woman within the organization. Shaq was asked about Udoka’s situation on the podcast.
Though, the four-time NBA champion refused to lecture others on cheating. “I’m going to stop this conversation,” O’Neal said on the show.
Without Udoka, NBA betting sites are still giving the Celtics top-3 odds of winning another championship in 2023. Check out which sportsbooks are expecting another Finals appearance.
“I was a serial cheater,” admitted Shaquille O’Neal. “It would be crazy and blasphemous for me to stand here and say, ‘Boom, boom, bam.’ I cannot do that, and I know these guys personally.”
“I know they’re going through a lot, because I’ve been through a lot.”
O’Neal married Shaunie Nelson on December 26, 2002. The couple has four children: Shareef, Amirah, Shaqir, and Me’arah.
Shaquille O’Neal comments on Ime Udoka cheating on fiancée Nia Long
Additionally, the Lakers legend also has another daughter, Taahirah, from a past relationship with ex-girlfriend Arnetta Yardbourgh.
However, Shaunie divorced Shaquille O’Neal seven years later on November 10, 2009.
“I’m never the guy that’s going to get up here because of my platform and fake it,” continued Shaq. “I did it. I was the best at it. I’m not proud of it. I lost my family doing it and I lost valuable and important years with my children for doing it.”
“So, I refuse to get up here and be like, ‘You shouldn’t do this, you shouldn’t have done that.’ I’m not that guy. I’m real with the situation.”
Of course, Shaq was more than willing to lecture cheating men. Based on his own personal experiences, he said that there’s more to life than fame and money.
“The happiest days of my life were coming home and hearing six different people say ‘Daddy’. Happiest days of my life,” he explained.
“Forget the money, forget the cars, even forget the championships. When I lost those days, I was all the way down. When I lost that from being stupid it killed me.”
Shaquille O’Neal hopes viewers and fans will learn from his mistakes. Not to mention, Ime Udoka is in the same rough spot as well. Because this is the peak point of the social media era, Udoka will receive more heat for his actions.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns suffers calf strain injury
- Magics’ Guard Markelle Fultz Available To Make Season Debut On Wednesday
- Kevin Durant on whether crowd ‘MVP’ chants motivate him: ‘Nah, not really. I’ve been there, done that.’
- Atlanta Hawks Possibly Looking To Move John Collins In Trade
- Nets’ Ben Simmons (knee) day-to-day after exit vs. Magic
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Week 5 Power Rankings: Celtics Jump Bucks As New Number One Team
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: De’Aaron Fox Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Leads Our Best Bets