The lawyer for banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling said Wednesday no legal action will be pursued against the NBA.
In an email to ESPN, Max Blecher said Sterling reached a settlement with wife Shelly on the sale of the team and that he received assurance that the league would not sue him.
Sterling said a day earlier he is ready to move on from the sale of his franchise, a pending deal worth $2 billion.
“I feel fabulous, I feel very good,” Sterling said Tuesday night at a dinner for nonprofit Shelter Partnerships when asked how he felt about his wife, Shelly, selling the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. “Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it’s good. It’s all good.
“I’m OK, I’m OK. Is the NBA OK? I’m not sure about that. Is (commissioner) Adam Silver OK? I’m sure he’s OK.”
A hearing to terminate Donald Sterling’s ownership was scheduled for Monday but was canceled after Ballmer’s bid was reviewed and tentatively approved. The NBA Board of Governors will vote on the deal agreed upon by Shelly Sterling and Ballmer, which is expected to be unanimously approved.
Sterling filed a lawsuit last week against the league asking for damages in excess of $1 billion.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%
Main Page3 days ago
Most Overpaid NBA Players in 2022
Main Page2 weeks ago
NBA Draft 2022: Date, Time, Location and How to Watch
Main Page1 week ago
Early 2023 NBA Championship Odds | Warriors are the No. 1 favorite
Headlines1 week ago
How Paolo Banchero Became The Latest Betting Odds Favourite In The NBA Draft