On Tuesday night, Klay Thompson was ejected for the first time of his NBA career after a chest bump with Devin Booker during the third quarter of the Golden State Warriors’ 134-105 loss to the Phoenix Suns.
Prior to both players receiving double technicals, Booker heard Thompson yelling “four rings” multiple times. While he exited the court, Thompson continued to send the same message to the Suns’ bench.
A few NBA betting sites show the Warriors as favorites to repeat in 2023. However, some sportsbooks are giving the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers higher odds to win a championship this season.
During the postgame interview, the Suns guard explained what happened. “We’re just two competitors,” said Booker. “I love Klay Thompson. I have from the beginning. From the draft, coming out I said I wanna be Klay Thompson.”
“But it’s not going to excuse us from competing against each other and talking a little mess with each other. I’ve always admired his game, how he plays on both ends of the ball.”
Klay Thompson mocks Devin Booker with “four rings” taunt before his first career ejection in 759 games
Furthermore, Booker finished his night with 34 points, 2 rebounds, and 7 assists in 35 minutes. He shot 10-of-19 (52.6%) from the floor and 3-of-8 (37.5%) from downtown.
“And obviously, the rings speak for themselves,” continued Booker. “So have fun with it. Big fan of his and his competitive nature.” Of course, Klay Thompson did not talk to reporters after his ejection.
Additionally, the five-time All-Star was ejected for the first time of his NBA career in 759 games. This includes regular season and playoff games.
The Warriors guard ended his performance with 2 points, 2 assists, and 1 block in 19 minutes of action. Plus, he shot 1-of-8 (12.5%) from the field and missed all five of his 3-point attempts.
Suns head coach Monty Williams understands the rivalry between the two Western Conference contenders. “I think both teams want it,” Williams told reporters after the game. I don’t think it’s personal at all, and I think we just respect them. They’re the champions.”
After Klay Thompson’s ejection, the Suns outscored the Warriors 22-9. In the fourth quarter, Phoenix held Golden State to 19 points. The Warriors shot 28.6% from 3-point range.
Stephen Curry led Golden State in scoring with 21 points. Now, the Suns are 3-1 to start the 2022-23 season, whereas the Warriors have dropped to 2-2.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Nets forward T.J. Warren upgraded to probable vs. Raptors
- Nets Have Reportedly Talked With Hawks About Potential Trade For John Collins
- Proposed Trade Sends Two Chicago All-Stars To Lakers In Exchange For Russel Westbrook
- Will the Celtics re-sign Grant Williams after 2022-23 season?
- Jayson Tatum trails only Larry Bird for most 45-point games in Celtics history
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: Jalen Brunson Over 6.5 Assists Leads Our Best Bets