|Marcus Paige (waived)||$125,000|
|Quincy Ford (waived)||$75,000|
|Henry Sims (waived)||$75,000|
Quick: Under the cap by $13.6 million.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: George Hill, Shelvin Mack, Raul Neto, Dante Exum
SG: Joe Ingles, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Johnson
PF: Boris Diaw, Trey Lyles, Joel Bolomboy
C: Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, Jeff Withey
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/6/16 — Signed Coach Quin Snyder to an extension (TBD).
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Taurean Prince (12th), Joel Bolomboy (52nd) and Tyrone Wallace (60th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Isiah Whitehead (42nd) to Brooklyn Nets for $3.0 million and the rights to Marcus Paige (55th).
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to Atlanta Hawks for George Hill from Indiana Pacers.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Trey Burke to Washington Wizards for a 2021 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st) to San Antonio Spurs for Boris Diaw and a 2022 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Shelvin Mack’s $2.4 million guaranteed for 16/17.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Joe Johnson to a two-year, $21.5 million contract.
- 8/19/16 — Signed Joel Bolomboy (2016-52nd) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,555,511 contract.
- 8/22/16 — Signed Marcus Paige (2016-55th) to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($125,000).
- 8/26/16 — Traded Tibor Pleiss, two 2017 second-rounders and $1.6 million to Philadelphia 76ers for Kendall Marshall.
- 9/6/16 — Signed Quincy Ford to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,498,982 contract ($75,000).
- 9/21/16 — Signed Henry Sims to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,050,961 contract ($75,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Eric Dawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/24/16 — Picked up team options on Dante Exum, Trey Lyles and Rodney Hood.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Rudy Gobert to a four-year, $102 million contract extension, incentives TBD.
- 1/10/17 — Jeff Withey’s $1,015,696 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Joel Bolomboy’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
Waived Players: Kendall Marshall, Quincy Ford, Marcus Paige, Eric Dawson, Henry Sims, Christapher Johnson
Traded Players: Trey Burke, Tibor Pleiss
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Brian Zettler, Nick Asay (assistant), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations.
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson).
- 2017 — Owe two second-rounders to Philadelphia 76ers, the lowest and highest of Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons and own (Tibor Pleiss).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter). Pick will come two years after Thunder obligation met to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tyrone Wallace (2016-60th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $1.6 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Tibor Pleiss)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (Dean Cooper coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/2/17)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan