Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): Up to $38.5 million in cap space, none if Mike Conley doesn’t opt out.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Donovan Mitchell, Emmanuel Mudiay, Nigel Williams-Goss, Justin Wright-Foreman (two-way), Mike Conley (injured)
SG: Bojan Bogdanovic, Jordan Clarkson, Miye Oni
SF: Royce O’Neale, Georges Niang, Rayjon Tucker
PF: Joe Ingles, Juwan Morgan, Jarrell Brantley (two-way)
C: Rudy Gobert, Ed Davis, Tony Bradley
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Ed Davis)
Waived Players: Raul Neto, Trevon Bluiett, Kyle Collinsworth, Juwan Morgan, Anthony Lawrence II, Isaac Haas, Michael Scott, William Howard, Stanton Kidd, Jeff Green
Traded Players: Jae Crowder, Kyle Korver, Grayson Allen, Derrick Favors, Dante Exum
G-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (general manager Steve Brandes, Martin Schiller coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Justin Wright-Foreman, Jarrell Brantley
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Fotis Katsikaris, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters, Nick Asay (assistant athletic trainer), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Justin Zanik — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2020 — Owe a first-rounder (8-14 range through 2021, top-six protected in 2022, top-three protected in 2023, top-one in 2024 otherwise converts to 2025 and 2026 second-rounders) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Mike Conley).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Dallas Mavericks (Kyle Korver, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Jarrell Brantley).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors).
- 2024 — Jazz can swap second-rounders with Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 4/21/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Joe Ingles.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Royce O’Neale.
- 7/9/20 — Georges Niang’s $1,738,557 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/21 — Miye Oni and Nigel Williams-Goss’ $1,517,981 guarantee for 2020-21.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/22 — Miye Oni and Nigel Williams-Goss’ $1,782,621 guarantee for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Nigel Williams-Goss and Miye Oni.
- TBD — Juwan Morgan’s 2020-21 salary guarantee.
- TBD — Rayjon Tucker’s 2020-21 salary guarantee.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
Note: Mike Conley’s $34,504,132 guaranteed for 2020-21 by playing in 55 games through the 2018-19 season, provided he doesn’t use his ETO.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Darius Bazley (23rd) and Justin Wright-Foreman (53rd).
- 6/21/19 — Traded a 2021 second-rounder and $1,000,000 to the Indiana Pacers for the rights to Jarrell Brantley (50th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded $2,000,000 to the Golden State Warriors for the rights to Miye Oni (58th).
- 7/1/19 — Waived Raul Neto.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced Ricky Rubio, Ekpe Udoh, Thabo Sefolosha, Erik McCree, Naz Mitrou-Long and Tyler Cavanaugh.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Jae Crowder, Kyle Korver, Grayson Allen, the rights to Darius Bazley (23rd) and a protected 2020 first-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies for Mike Conley.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Derrick Favors to the New Orleans Pelicans for 2021 and 2023 second-rounders.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Bojan Bogdanovic to a four-year $73.1 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/12/19 — Signed Miye Oni (2019-58th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912.
- 7/16/19 — Signed Justin Wright-Foreman (2019-53rd) to a two-way contract.
- 7/16/19 — Signed Jarrell Brantley (2019-50th) to a two-way contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Williams Howard to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Stanton Kidd a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Ed Davis to a two-year $9,772,350 contract.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Jeff Green to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Emmanuel Mudiay to a $1,737,145 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Nigel Williams-Goss (2017-55th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,800,602 contract (incentives TBD).
- 8/21/19 — Signed Trevon Bluiett to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/21/19 — Signed Juwan Morgan to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/19 — Waived Trevon Bluiett.
- 10/12/19 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Kyle Collinsworth and Juwan Morgan.
- 10/17/19 — Re-signed Issac Hass to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Michael Scott to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale options on Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Anthony Lawrence II to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Anthony Lawrence II.
- 10/20/19 — Waived Isaac Haas and Michael Scott.
- 10/21/19 — Waived William Howard.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Joe Ingles to a one-year $13,036,364 contract extension.
- 11/21/19 — Waived Stanton Kidd.
- 11/21/19 — Signed Juwan Morgan to a non/partially-guaranteed (TBD) two-year $2,264,035 minimum contract.
- 12/24/19 — Waived Jeff Green.
- 12/23/19 — Traded Dante Exum and two second-rounders to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Jordan Clarkson.
- 12/24/19 — Signed Rayjon Tucker to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,096,554 minimum contract.
- 1/10/20 — Georges Niang’s $1,645,357 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Juwan Morgan’s $746,054 guaranteed for 2019-20.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Juwan Morgan (signing restriction), Rayjon Tucker (signing restriction), Jordan Clarkson (package restriction only)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Arena: Vivint Smart Home Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/8/20)