- NBA Saturday: Scout’s Take on 2014 Draft
- The Top 10 Players in the NBA
- NBA PM: Bulls Make Sense for Carmelo Anthony
- Paul George Wants to be Mentored by LeBron James
- NBA PM: Turner Getting Acclimated With Pacers
- 2014 Cap Space Projections – Southeast Division
- NBA PM: Dragic, Suns Somehow Emerge as Elite
- NBA PM: Dwyane Wade Talks Free Agency
- The Path to the Top Pick
- NBA AM: 20-Year Age Limit Is Coming
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Salary
- Room Exception — $2.652 million
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Jarrett Jack, Matt Dellavedova, Dion Waiters (injured)
SF: Luol Deng, Alonzo Gee, Sergey Karasev, Carrick Felix (injured), C.J. Miles (injured)
PF: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Arinze Onuaku
C: Spencer Hawes, Tyler Zeller, Anderson Varejao (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Brown (five years, $20 million — starting 2013/14)
- David Griffin — Vice President of Basketball Operations/Acting General Manager
- 2014 — Owed second-rounder from Orlando Magic (Justin Harper).
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Spencer Hawes).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (top-10 protected through 2016, unprotected in 2017 (LeBron James).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights).
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 31st pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Portland Trail Blazers for two future second-round picks (2015 and 2016).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Anthony Bennett (1st), Sergey Karasev (19th) and Carrick Felix (33rd) in the 2013 NBA Draft
- 7/12/13 — Signed Earl Clark to a two-year, $8.5 million deal (second year non/partial-guarantee).
- 7/12/13 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a four-year, $25.2 million deal (fourth year non/partial-guarantee).
- 7/19/13 — Signed Andrew Bynum to a two-year, $24.8 million contract (both seasons non/partially guaranteed).
- 8/1/13 — Signed Carrick Felix to a four-year, $3.3 million contract (fourth season non/partial-guarantee).
- 8/2/13 — Signed Sergey Karasev to a $7.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/8/13 — Signed Matt Dellavedova to a two-year, $1.3 million non/partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 8/20/13 — Signed Anthony Bennett to a two-year, $24 million rookie-scale contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Elliot Williams to a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed DeSagana Diop to a one-year, non-guaranteed 1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Kenny Kadji to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Jermaine Taylor a one-year, non-guaranteed $884k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Michael Lee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/29/13 — Signed Henry Sims to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.7 million minimum contract.
- 10/13/13 — Picked up the fourth-year options on Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson.
- 10/13/13 — Picked up the third-year options on Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller.
- 1/7/14 — Traded Andrew Bynum, a Sacramento Kings protected 2014 protected first-rounder, the right to swap 2015 first-rounder picks and two second-rounders (Portland Trail Blazers 2015 and 2016) to the Chicago Bulls for Luol Deng
- 2/20/14 — Traded Earl Clark, Henry Sims and two 2014 second-rounders to the Philadelphia 76ers for Spencer Hawes.
- 2/22/14 — Signed Arinze Onuaku to a 10-day contract
Waived Players: Chris Quinn, Kevin Jones, Michael Lee, Kenny Kadji, Jermaine Taylor, Elliot Williams, DeSagana Diop
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Sasha Kaun (2008-56th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th)
Amnesty: Used on Baron Davis
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/3/14)