Cleveland Cavaliers Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Tristan Thompson
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Dion Waters
- Room: $0 (Mike Miller)
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, six non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyrie Irving, John Lucas III, Chris Crawford
SG: Dion Waiters, Matt Dellavedova, Joe Harris
SF: LeBron James, Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, James Jones
PF: Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy
C: Anderson Varejao, Brendan Haywood, Alex Kirk
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Andrew Wiggins (1st) and Joe Harris (33rd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/14 — Traded Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev and the rights Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic to the Brooklyn Nets, along with Tyler Zeller and a protected 2016 first-rounder to the Boston Celtics, for a protected 2015 second-rounder from the Celtics.
- 7/10/14 — Signed Kyrie Irving to a five-year, maximum extension.
- 7/11/14 — Traded Alonzo Gee to the New Orleans Pelicans for a Clippers’ 2016 conditional second-rounder.
- 7/12/14 — Traded Scotty Hopson to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Brendan Haywood and the rights to Dwight Powell (2014-45th).
- 7/12/14 — Signed LeBron James to a two-year, $42.2 million contract.
- 7/22/14 — Traded Carrick Felix, a second-rounder and $1.3 million for John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy.
- 7/22/14 — Signed Joe Harris to a three-year, $2.7 million contract (third season non-guaranteed).
- 7/24/14 — Signed Andrew Wiggins to a $24.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/5/14 — Signed Mike Miller for a two-year, $5.6 million contract (player option on second season).
- 8/5/14 — Signed James Jones to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/11/14 — Signed Alex Kirk to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/23/14 — Signed Dwight Powell to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/23/14 — Traded Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett to Minnesota Timberwolves and a 2015 Miami first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Kevin Love.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Shawn Marion to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/10/14 — Signed Chris Crawford to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Sasha Kaun (2008-56th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Head Coach: David Blatt (signed in 2014 for four years, up to $20 million, fourth year team option).
- David Griffin — General Manager
- 2015 — Chicago Bulls have right to swap first-rounders (top-14 protected, Luol Deng).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Tyler Zeller).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (John Lucas III).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Los Angeles Clippers (Rasual Butler, Alonzo Gee).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Boston Celtics (Tyler Zeller).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1.3 million to Utah Jazz (John Lucas III)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Baron Davis
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/10/14)