- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Tristan Thompson
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Dion Waters
- Room: $0 (Mike Miller)
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyrie Irving, John Lucas III
SG: Dion Waiters, Matt Dellavedova, Joe Harris
SF: LeBron James, Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, James Jones
PF: Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy
C: Anderson Varejao, Brendan Haywood, Alex Kirk
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Andrew Wiggins (1st) and Joe Harris (33rd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/14 — Traded Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev and the rights Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic to the Brooklyn Nets, along with Tyler Zeller and a protected 2016 first-rounder to the Boston Celtics, for a protected 2015 second-rounder from the Celtics.
- 7/10/14 — Signed Kyrie Irving to a five-year, maximum extension.
- 7/11/14 — Traded Alonzo Gee to the New Orleans Pelicans for a Clippers’ 2016 conditional second-rounder.
- 7/12/14 — Traded Scotty Hopson to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Brendan Haywood and the rights to Dwight Powell (2014-45th).
- 7/12/14 — Signed LeBron James to a two-year, $42.2 million contract.
- 7/22/14 — Traded Carrick Felix, a second-rounder and $1.3 million for John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy.
- 7/22/14 — Signed Joe Harris to a three-year, $2.7 million contract (third season non-guaranteed).
- 7/24/14 — Signed Andrew Wiggins to a $24.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/5/14 — Signed Mike Miller for a two-year, $5.6 million contract (player option on second season).
- 8/5/14 — Signed James Jones to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/11/14 — Signed Alex Kirk to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/23/14 — Signed Dwight Powell to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/23/14 — Traded Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett to Minnesota Timberwolves and a 2015 Miami first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Kevin Love.
- TBD — Agreed to terms with Shawn Marion.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Sasha Kaun (2008-56th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Head Coach: David Blatt (signed in 2014 for four years, up to $20 million, fourth year team option).
- David Griffin — General Manager
- 2015 — Chicago Bulls have right to swap first-rounders (top-14 protected, Luol Deng).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Tyler Zeller).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (John Lucas III).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Los Angeles Clippers (Rasual Butler, Alonzo Gee).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Boston Celtics (Tyler Zeller).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1.3 million to Utah Jazz (John Lucas III)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Baron Davis
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/14)