Cleveland Cavaliers Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$35.5 mil, depending on player options for LeBron James, Kevin Love, J.R. Smith and Mike Miller.
Draft Picks: 24th (Chicago Bulls, at 22nd, can swap positions), 53rd (from Portland Trail Blazers)
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Keith Bogans, expiring 9/27/15) — $635,816
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Kevin Love (player option), J.R. Smith (player option), Timofey Mozgov (team option), Tristan Thompson (restricted*), Iman Shumpert (restricted*)
- Early Bird: Matt Dellavedova (restricted*)
- Non-Bird: LeBron James (player option), Mike Miller (player option), James Jones, Shawn Marion, Kendrick Perkins
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
Amnesty: Used on Baron Davis
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Sasha Kaun (2008-56th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Roster Count: Three guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, five options
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: J.R. Smith Joe Harris
SF: LeBron James, Mike Miller
PF: Kevin Love
C: Timofey Mozgov, Anderson Varejao, Brendan Haywood
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: David Blatt (signed in 2014 for four years, up to $20 million, fourth year team option).
- David Griffin — General Manager
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Los Angeles Clippers (Rasual Butler, Alonzo Gee).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Tyler Zeller, Isaiah Thomas).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Keith Bogans).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Keith Bogans).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans), may go to Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Dion Waiters).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1.3 million to Utah Jazz (John Lucas III)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/26/15)