Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Jose Calderon, Kalin Lucas (two-way)
SG: Bruce Brown Jr., Luke Kennard, Wayne Ellington, Isaiah Whitehead (two-way)
SF: Langston Galloway, Glenn Robinson III, Svi Mykhailiuk, Khyri Thomas
PF: Blake Griffin, Jon Leuer
C: Andre Drummond, Thon Maker, Zaza Pachulia
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Reggie Bullock, expiring 2/6/20) — $2,500,000
- Trade Exception (Stanley Johnson, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,140,682
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Glenn Robinson III, Khyri Thomas, Bruce Brown Jr. and Wayne Ellington)
Waived Players: Dwight Buycks, Eric Moreland, Scottie Lindsey, Chris McCullough, Johnny Hamilton, Reggie Hearn (two-way), Keenan Evans (two-way), Zach Lofton (two-way), Henry Ellenson
Traded Players: Reggie Bullock, Stanley Johnson
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Isaiah Whitehead, Kalin Lucas
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, Tim Grgurich, Micah Nori
Trainer: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer)
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Sachin Gupta — assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Svi Mykhailiuk)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Glenn Robinson III.
- 7/5/19 — Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before the first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 2/6/20 — Reggie Bullock trade exception expires.
- 2/6/20 — Stanley Johnson trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Thon Maker.
- 7/5/20 — Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21
- 7/6/20 — Khyri Thomas’ $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/10/20 — Bruce Brown Jr.’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Luke Kennard, Khyri Thomas, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and Bruce Brown Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 5/7/18 — Parted ways with Stan Van Gundy.
- 6/11/18 — Hired Coach Dwane Casey.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Bruce Brown (42nd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2021 and 2023) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Bruce Brown (2018-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Jose Calderon to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a two-year $8,353,750 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Keenan Evans to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Khryi Thomas (2018-38th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/28/18 — Signed Johnny Hamilton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Zach Lofton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 9/22/18 — Signed Scottie Lindsey to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 9/24/18 — Signed Chris McCullough to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Converted Zach Lofton to a two-way contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up the team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Henry Ellenson.
- 1/15/19 — Signed Isaiah Whitehead to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/19 — Signed Kalin Lucas to a two-way contract.
- 1/29/19 — Trade exception ($7 million) for Boban Marjanovic expires.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Reggie Bullock to the Los Angeles Lakers for Svi Mykhailiuk and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Stanley Johnson to the Milwaukee Bucks for Thon Maker.
- 2/8/19 — Brice Johnson trade exception ($1,331,160) expired.
- 2/9/19 — Signed Wayne Ellington for the rest of the season at $2,383,076.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jameer Nelson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/12/19)