Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Jose Calderon, Keenan Evans (two-way)
SG: Reggie Bullock, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard, Bruce Brown Jr., Reggie Hearn (two-way), Zach Lofton
SF: Stanley Johnson, Glenn Robinson III, Khyri Thomas
PF: Blake Griffin, Henry Ellenson, Jon Leuer (injured)
C: Andre Drummond, Zaza Pachulia, Johnny Hamilton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jameer Nelson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Johnny Hamilton $838,464
- Zach Lofton $838,464
- Trade Exception (Boban Marjanovic, expiring 1/29/19) — $7,000,000
- Trade Exception (Willie Reed, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade Exception (Brice Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception — $2,889,072 (Glenn Robinson III, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown Jr.)
Waived Players: Dwight Buycks, Eric Moreland
Traded Players: None
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Reggie Hearn, Keenan Evans
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, Tim Grgurich, Micah Nori
Trainer: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer)
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Sachin Gupta — assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Khyri Thomas).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Khyri Thomas).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Henry Ellenson.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Zaza Pachulia, Zach Lofton, Johnny Hamilton, Jose Calderon and Glenn Robinson III.
- 1/10/19 — Zach Lofton and Johnny Hamilton’s $838,464 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/29/19 — Trade exception for Boban Marjanovic expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Stanley Johnson, Zach Lofton and Johnny Hamilton.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Glenn Robinson III.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 7/6/20 — Khyri Thomas’ $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/10/20 — Bruce Brown Jr.’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Luke Kennard, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 5/7/18 — Parted ways with Stan Van Gundy.
- 6/11/18 — Hired Coach Dwane Casey.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Bruce Brown (42nd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2021 and 2023) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Bruce Brown (2018-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Jose Calderon to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a two-year $8,353,750 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Keenan Evans to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Khryi Thomas (2018-38th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/28/18 — Signed Johnny Hamilton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Zach Lofton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/29/18)