Detroit Pistons Team Salary
Quick: Currently over the cap.
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): None
- Mid-Level Exception: $8,406,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (RFA, $9,195,797), Reggie Bullock (RFA, $5,639,111), Beno Udrih ($1,471,382)
- Early Bird: Aron Baynes (PO, $8,450,000)
- Darrun Hilliard $1,471,382
- Michael Gbinije $1,312,611 ($500,000 guaranteed)
2017 Draft Picks: 12th ($2,759,280 cap hold); Own 42nd to Utah Jazz
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, one player option
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith
SG: Darrun Hilliard, Michael Gbinije
SF: Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson
PF: Marcus Morris, Jon Leuer, Henry Ellenson
C: Andre Drummond, Boban Marjanovic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/20/17 (or two days after the team’s final game) — player option for Aron Baynes.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Reggie Bullock and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/1/17 — Darrun Hilliard’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Darrun Hilliard.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Henry Ellenson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Aaron Gray, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning), Jordan Sabourin (head strength coach), Louis Thompson (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Stan Van Gundy — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — general manager
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Adam Glessner — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks), lowest of Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman), and New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets (Kyle O’Quinn)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Rex Walters coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/17)