Quick: Currently over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Jose Calderon, Keenan Evans (two-way)
SG: Reggie Bullock, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard, Bruce Brown Jr., Reggie Hearn (two-way)
SF: Stanley Johnson, Glenn Robinson III
PF: Blake Griffin, Jon Leuer, Henry Ellenson
C: Andre Drummond, Zaza Pachulia
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jameer Nelson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Kay Felder (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Khryi Thomas (2018-38th)
- Trade Exception (Boban Marjanovic, expiring 1/29/19) — $7,000,000
- Trade Exception (Willie Reed, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade Exception (Brice Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,752,536 (estimate includes Glenn Robinson III and Bruce Brown Jr.)
Waived Players: Dwight Buycks, Eric Moreland
Traded Players: None
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Reggie Hearn, Keenan Evans
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, DJ Bakker (player development coach), Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Aaron Gray, Rex Walters, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning), Jordan Sabourin (head strength coach), Louis Thompson (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Khyri Thomas).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Khyri Thomas).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 8/5/18 — No-trade clause lifts on Bruce Brown Jr.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Henry Ellenson.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Zaza Pachulia, Jose Calderon and Glenn Robinson III.
- 1/29/19 — Trade exception for Boban Marjanovic expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Glenn Robinson III.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 7/10/20 — Bruce Brown Jr.’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Luke Kennard and Bruce Brown Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 5/7/18 — Parted ways with Stan Van Gundy.
- 6/11/18 — Hired Coach Dwane Casey.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Bruce Brown (42nd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2021 and 2023) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Bruce Brown (2018-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Jose Calderon to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a two-year $8,353,750 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Keenan Evans to a two-way contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)