Quick: Currently over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Darrun Hilliard, expiring 6/28/18) — $874,636
- Trade Exception (Boban Marjanovic, expiring 1/29/19) — $7,000,000
- Trade Exception (Willie Reed, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade Exception (Brice Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Langston Galloway, Eric Moreland)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Anthony Tolliver)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ish Smith, Jameer Nelson, Dwight Buycks, Kay Felder (two-way), Reggie Jackson (injured)
SG: Reggie Bullock, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard, Reggie Hearn (two-way)
SF: Stanley Johnson. James Ennis
PF: Blake Griffin, Anthony Tolliver, Henry Ellenson, Jon Leuer (injured)
C: Andre Drummond, Eric Moreland
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Kay Felder (one-year), Reggie Hearn (two years)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Aaron Gray, Rex Walters, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning), Jordan Sabourin (head strength coach), Louis Thompson (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Stan Van Gundy — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — general manager
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Adam Glessner — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-four protected through 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Los Angeles Clippers (Blake Griffin).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/28/18 — Darrun Hilliard trade exception expires.
- 6/19/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Derek Willis.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/8/18 — Eric Moreland’s salary guarantees at $750,000.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 9/1/18 — Dwight Buycks’ $1,600,520 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 9/1/18 — Eric Moreland’s salary guarantees at $1,000,000.
- First game of the season — Eric Moreland’s salary guarantees at $1,250,000.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Henry Ellenson.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 1/10/19 — Eric Moreland’s $1,826,300 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/29/19 — Trade exception for Boban Marjanovic expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 7/8/19 — Eric Moreland’s $1,913,267 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/20/17 — Aron Baynes opted out of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Luke Kennard (12th)
- 6/23/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Darrun Hilliard to Houston Rockets for $1.0 million.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Luke Kennard (2017-12th) to a $15,135,546 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Langston Galloway to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Eric Moreland to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($500,000) $5,478,900 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Withdrew qualifying offer and renounced the rights to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/7/17 — Renounced the rights to Aron Baynes and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Marcus Morris to Boston Celtics for Avery Bradley and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Reggie Bullock on a partially-guaranteed two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Luis Montero to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Landry Nnoko to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed Derek Willis to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/3/17 — Signed Jason Maxiell to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Dwight Buycks to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/15/17 — Eric Moreland’s salary guaranteed at $750,000.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Beno Udrih to a partially-guaranteed $2,328,652 contract.
- 10/15/17 — Picked up team options on Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson.
- 10/17/17 — Eric Moreland’s salary guaranteed at $1,000,000.
- 1/10/18 — Eric Moreland’s $1,739,333 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/12/18 — Signed Dwight Buycks to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,348,680 contract.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Kay Felder to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Reggie Hearn to a two-way contract.
- 1/29/18 — Traded Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin, Willie Reed and Brice Johnson.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Willie Reed and 2020 second-round swap rights to Chicago Bulls for Jameer Nelson.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Brice Johnson and swap rights on a 2022 second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies for James Ennis via the Jon Leuer disabled player exception.
Waived Players: Michael Gbinije, Jason Maxiell, Larry Nnoko, Derek Willis, Beno Udrih, Luis Montero (two-way)
Traded Players: Darrun Hilliard, Marcus Morris, Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Willie Reed, Brice Johnson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/11/18)