Detroit Pistons Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$26.1 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Henry Ellenson (2016-18th, cap hold $1,420,100)
- Second-rounders: Michael Gbinije (49th)
- Bird: Andre Drummond (restricted)
- Early Bird: Anthony Tolliver, Steve Blake
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Joel Anthony ($2,500,000), Cameron Bairstow ($980,431), Darrun Hilliard ($874,636 — $500,000 guaranteed), Lorenzo Brown ($1,016,696)
Options: Andre Drummond ($4,433,683)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Reggie Jackson, Lorenzo Brown
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Jodie Meeks
SF: Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock, Darrun Hilliard
PF: Marcus Morris, Cameron Bairstow
C: Aron Baynes, Joel Anthony
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Stanley Johnson ($3,097,800)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Reggie Bullock
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for Andre Drummond.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 7/13/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Lorenzo Brown.
- 7/15/16 — Darrun Hilliard’s $875k salary guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/25/16 — Cameron Bairstow’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 8/17/16 — Cameron Bairstow can be traded in a package.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Reggie Bullock.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Stanley Johnson.
- 1/10/17 — Joel Anthony’s $2.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Lorenzo Brown’s $1,015,696 guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/20/17 (or two days after the team’s final game) — player option for Aron Baynes.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cameron Bairstow, Reggie Bullock and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/1/17 — Darrun Hilliard’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Stanley Johnson.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Darrun Hilliard.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/17/16 — Traded Spencer Dinwiddie to Detroit Pistons for Cameron Bairstow.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Henry Ellenson (18th) and Michael Gbinije (49th).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Spencer Dinwiddie
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning)
- Stan Van Gundy — President of Basketball Operations
- Jeff Bower — General Manager
- Brian Wright — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Garrity — Assistant General Manager
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Reggie Jackson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)