Detroit Pistons Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): $0
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Lorenzo Brown ($1,016,696)
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Lorenzo Brown
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Darrun Hilliard., Michael Gbinije
SF: Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock
PF: Marcus Morris, Jon Leuer, Henry Ellenson
C: Andre Drummond, Aron Baynes, Boban Marjanovic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Stanley Johnson ($3,097,800)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Reggie Bullock
- 8/14/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Michael Gbinije.
- 8/19/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Reggie Bullock.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Stanley Johnson.
- 12/15/16 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Ish Smith, Boban Marjanovic and Jon Leuer.
- 1/10/17 — Lorenzo Brown’s $1,015,696 guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Andre Drummond.
- 6/20/17 (or two days after the team’s final game) — player option for Aron Baynes.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cameron Bairstow, Reggie Bullock and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/1/17 — Darrun Hilliard’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Darrun Hilliard.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Henry Ellenson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/17/16 — Traded Spencer Dinwiddie to Detroit Pistons for Cameron Bairstow.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Andre Drummond.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Henry Ellenson (18th) and Michael Gbinije (49th).
- 6/29/16 — Traded Jodie Meeks to Orlando Magic for a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Steve Blake and Anthony Tolliver.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jon Leuer to a four-year, $42 million contract (with $1 million of unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ish Smith to a three-year, $18 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a three-year, $21 million Arenas-rule offer sheet (San Antonio Spurs).
- 7/12/16 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Darrun Hilliard’s $875k salary guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Andre Drummond to a five-year, $127.2 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Henry Ellenson (2016-18th) to an $8.2 million rookie-scale contract.
Waived Players: Joel Anthony, Cameron Bairstow
Traded Players: Spencer Dinwiddie, Jodie Meeks
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning)
- Stan Van Gundy — President of Basketball Operations
- Jeff Bower — General Manager
- Brian Wright — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Garrity — Assistant General Manager
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Reggie Jackson).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks), lowest of Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman), and New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets (Kyle O’Quinn)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Andre Drummond — 8%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Rex Walters coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/21/16)