Quick: Currently over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Darrun Hilliard, expiring 6/28/18) — $874,636
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Langston Galloway, Eric Moreland)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Anthony Tolliver)
- Eric Moreland $1,739,333 ($1,000,000 guaranteed)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith
SG: Avery Bradley, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard
SF: Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock
PF: Tobias Harris, Anthony Tolliver, Henry Ellenson, Jon Leuer (injured)
C: Andre Drummond, Eric Moreland, Boban Marjanovic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Luis Montero (two-year), Dwight Buycks (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Aaron Gray, Rex Walters, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning), Jordan Sabourin (head strength coach), Louis Thompson (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Stan Van Gundy — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — general manager
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Adam Glessner — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks), lowest of Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman), and New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets (Kyle O’Quinn)
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Eric Moreland, Derek Willis, Reggie Bullock, Anthony Tolliver and Langston Galloway.
- 1/10/18 — Eric Moreland’s $1,739,333 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Derek Willis’ $815,615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/28/18 — Darrun Hilliard trade exception expires.
- 6/19/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Derek Willis.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/8/18 — Eric Moreland’s salary guarantees at $750,000.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 9/1/18 — Eric Moreland’s salary guarantees at $1,000,000.
- First game of the season — Eric Moreland’s salary guarantees at $1,250,000.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Henry Ellenson.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 1/10/19 — Eric Moreland’s $1,826,300 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 7/8/19 — Eric Moreland’s $1,913,267 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Henry Ellenson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Luke Kennard.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/20/17 — Aron Baynes opted out of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Luke Kennard (12th)
- 6/23/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Darrun Hilliard to Houston Rockets for $1.0 million.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Luke Kennard (2017-12th) to a $15,135,546 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Langston Galloway to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Eric Moreland to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($500,000) $5,478,900 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Withdrew qualifying offer and renounced the rights to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/7/17 — Renounced the rights to Aron Baynes and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Marcus Morris to Boston Celtics for Avery Bradley and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Reggie Bullock on a partially-guaranteed two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Luis Montero to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Landry Nnoko to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed Derek Willis to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/3/17 — Signed Jason Maxiell to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Dwight Buycks to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/15/17 — Eric Moreland’s salary guaranteed at $750,000.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Beno Udrih to a partially-guaranteed $2,328,652 contract.
- 10/15/17 — Picked up team options on Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson.
- 10/17/17 — Eric Moreland’s salary guaranteed at $1,000,000.
Waived Players: Michael Gbinije, Jason Maxiell, Larry Nnoko, Derek Willis, Beno Udrih
Traded Players: Darrun Hilliard, Marcus Morris
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Arena: The Palace of Auburn Hills
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/8/17)