Detroit Pistons Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $5.7-$38.0 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 17 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Reggie Jackson, Steve Blake, Spencer Dinwiddie, Brandon Jennings (injured)
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Jodie Meeks
SF: Marcus Morris, Stanley Johnson, Cartier Martin, Reggie Bullock, Danny Granger, Darrun Hilliard, Eric Griffin
PF: Ersan Ilyasova, Anthony Tolliver, Adonis Thomas
C: Andre Drummond, Aron Baynes, Joel Anthony, Jordan Bachynski
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (fourth-year), Reggie Bullock (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Andre Drummond
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 10/27/15 — Adonis Thomas’ salary guarantees for $110k.
- 11/2/15 — Team options for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Reggie Bullock.
- 11/2/15 — Extension deadline for Andre Drummond.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Aron Baynes, Eric Griffin, Joel Anthony and Adonis Thomas.
- 12/23/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jordan Bachynski.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Adonis Thomas’ $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Jordan Bachynski and Eric Griffin’s $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Reggie Jackson.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Adonis Thomas’ salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17.
- 7/1/16 — Ersan Ilyasova’s $8.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 7/15/16 — Darrun Hilliard’s $875k salary guarantees for 16/17.
- 11/1/16 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees for $250k.
- 1/10/17 — Joel Anthony’s $2.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Adonis Thomas’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/17 — Darrun Hilliard’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/1/15 — Cartier Martin opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/11/15 — Traded Caron Butler and Shawne Williams to Milwaukee Bucks for Ersan Ilyasova.
- 6/24/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Reggie Jackson.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Stanley Johnson with the eighth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Darrun Hilliard with the 38th pick in the draft.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Greg Monroe, Joel Anthony, Tayshaun Prince and John Lucas III.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Aron Baynes to a three-year, $18.8 million Contract.
- 7/13/15 — Traded Steve Blake to Detroit Pistons for Quincy Miller.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Darrun Hilliard (2015-38th, signing) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Joel Anthony to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $5.0 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Reggie Jackson to a five-year, $80 million deal.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Stanley Johnson (2015-8th) to a $12.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/23/15 — Signed Adonis Thomas to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 9/11/15 — Signed Eric Griffin to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/15 — Signed Jordan Bachynski to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Brendan Malone, Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning)
- Stan Van Gundy — President of Basketball Operations
- Jeff Bower — General Manager
- Brian Wright — Assistant General Manager
- Ken Catanella — Directory of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Reggie Jackson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Marcus Morris).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/15)