Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, one team option, one non-guaranteed
PG: Reggie Jackson
SG: Bruce Brown Jr., Luke Kennard
SF: Langston Galloway, Svi Mykhailiuk, Khyri Thomas
PF: Blake Griffin, Jon Leuer
C: Andre Drummond, Thon Maker
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Reggie Bullock, expiring 2/6/20) — $2,500,000
- Trade Exception (Stanley Johnson, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,140,682
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Ish Smith ($11,400,000)
- Non-Bird: Glenn Robinson III (TO), Wayne Ellington ($2,859,691), Jose Calderon ($1,618,486), Zaza Pachulia ($1,618,486), Isaiah Whitehead (two-way), Kalin Lucas (two-way), Jameer Nelson* ($1,618,486)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Svi Mykhailiuk $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 15th, 45th
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, Tim Grgurich, Micah Nori
Trainer: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer)
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Sachin Gupta — assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Svi Mykhailiuk)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Glenn Robinson III.
- 7/5/19 — Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before the first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Thon Maker.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 2/6/20 — Reggie Bullock trade exception expires.
- 2/6/20 — Stanley Johnson trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Thon Maker.
- 7/5/20 — Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21
- 7/6/20 — Khyri Thomas’ $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/10/20 — Bruce Brown Jr.’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Luke Kennard, Khyri Thomas, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and Bruce Brown Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/19)