Quick: Currently over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Jose Calderon, Bruce Brown Jr., Keenan Evans (two-way)
SG: Reggie Bullock, Langston Galloway, Zach Lofton (two-way), Luke Kennard (injured)
SF: Glenn Robinson III, Stanley Johnson, Khyri Thomas
PF: Blake Griffin, Jon Leuer, Henry Ellenson
C: Andre Drummond, Zaza Pachulia
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Boban Marjanovic, expiring 1/29/19) — $7,000,000
- Trade Exception (Willie Reed, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade Exception (Brice Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception — $2,889,072 (Glenn Robinson III, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown Jr.)
Waived Players: Dwight Buycks, Eric Moreland, Scottie Lindsey, Chris McCullough, Johnny Hamilton, Reggie Hearn (two-way)
Traded Players: None
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Keenan Evans, Zach Lofton
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, Tim Grgurich, Micah Nori
Trainer: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer)
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Sachin Gupta — assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Khyri Thomas).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Khyri Thomas).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Zaza Pachulia, Zach Lofton, Johnny Hamilton, Jose Calderon and Glenn Robinson III.
- 1/10/19 — Zach Lofton’s $838,464 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/29/19 — Trade exception for Boban Marjanovic expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Stanley Johnson and Zach Lofton.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Glenn Robinson III.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Luke Kennard.
- 7/6/20 — Khyri Thomas’ $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/10/20 — Bruce Brown Jr.’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Luke Kennard.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Luke Kennard, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Blake Griffin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 5/7/18 — Parted ways with Stan Van Gundy.
- 6/11/18 — Hired Coach Dwane Casey.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Bruce Brown (42nd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2021 and 2023) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Khyri Thomas (2018-38th).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Bruce Brown (2018-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Jose Calderon to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a two-year $8,353,750 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Reggie Bullock’s $2,500,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Keenan Evans to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Khryi Thomas (2018-38th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/28/18 — Signed Johnny Hamilton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Zach Lofton to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 9/22/18 — Signed Scottie Lindsey to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 9/24/18 — Signed Chris McCullough to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Converted Zach Lofton to a two-way contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up the team option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Henry Ellenson.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jameer Nelson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/13/18)