Detroit Pistons Team Salary
- Room: $2,732,000
- Trade Exception (Kyler Singler, expiring 2/19/16) — $1,090,000
- Trade Exception (D.J. Augustin, expiring 2/19/16) — $795,631
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Reggie Jackson, Spencer Dinwiddie, John Lucas III, Brandon Jennings (injured)
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Jodie Meeks
SF: Tayshaun Prince, Caron Butler, Cartier Martin, Quincy Miller
PF: Greg Monroe, Anthony Tolliver, Shawne Williams
C: Andre Drummond, Joel Anthony
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
- Stan Van Gundy — President of Basketball Operations
- Jeff Bower — General Manager
- Brian Wright — Assistant General Manager
- Ken Catanella — Directory of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Reggie Jackson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder (Reggie Jackson).
- 6/24/14 — Jonas Jerebko opted into the final season of his contract.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Spencer Dinwiddie (38th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/14 — Gave Greg Monroe a qualifying offer.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Jodie Meeks to a three-year, $18.8 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Caron Butler to a two-year, $9 million contract (second season non-guaranteed).
- 7/15/14 — Signed D.J. Augustin to a two-year, $6 million contract.
- 7/28/14 — Signed Spencer Dinwiddie to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 8/6/14 — Signed Cartier Martin to two-year, $2.4 million minimum contract (second season player option).
- 8/18/14 — Signed Aaron Gray to a two-year, $2.6 million minimum contract (second season player option).
- 9/3/14 — Greg Monroe signed the Pistons’ $5.5 million qualifying offer.
- 9/22/14 — Invited Lorenzo Brown to training camp on a non-guaranteed $816k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Hasheem Thabeet to training camp on a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/25/14 — Invited Brian Cook to training camp on a non-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/25/14 — Invited Josh Bostic to training camp on a non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/17/14 — Traded Will Bynum to the Boston Celtics for Joel Anthony.
- 10/24/14 — Picked up Andre Drummond’s fourth-year option.
- 10/24/14 — Picked up Kentavious Caldwell-Pope’s third-year option.
- 12/24/14 — Traded Tony Mitchell to Phoenix Suns for Anthony Tolliver.
- 2/2/15 — Signed John Lucas III to a $72.2k, 10-day contract.
- 2/12/15 — Signed John Lucas III to a $72.2k, 10-day contract.
- 2/19/15 — Traded Jonas Jerebko and Luigi Datome to Boston Celtics for Tayshaun Prince.
- 2/19/15 — Traded D.J. Augustin, Kyle Singler and a 2019 second-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder, and a 2017 second-rounder to Utah Jazz for Reggie Jackson.
- 2/21/15 — Signed Quincy Miller to a $53.8k, 10-day contract.
- 2/24/15 — Claimed Shawne Williams off waivers (New Orleans Hornets).
- 2/15/15 — Signed John Lucas III for the remainder of the season at $361k.
- 3/3/15 — Signed Quincy Miller to a $53.8k, 10-day contract.
- 3/13/15 — Signed Quincy Miller to a two-year, partially guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: Chauncey Billups, Josh Harrellson, Peyton Siva, Lorenzo Brown, Josh Bostic, Hasheem Thabeet, Brian Cook, Aaron Gray (stretched), Josh Smith (stretched)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Unused with no remaining eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/22/15)