|Reggie Jackson (waived)||$17,286,956|
|Josh Smith (stretched)||$5,331,730|
|Markieff Morris (waived)||$2,259,887|
|Tim Frazier (waived)||$1,620,564|
|Bruce Brown Jr.||$1,416,852|
|Joe Johnson (waived)||$220,000|
|Derrick Walton Jr. (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|Donta Hall (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Donta Hall (expired 10-day)||$50,752|
|Louis King (two-way)|
|Jordan Bone (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap, hard capped by the Derrick Rose mid-level signing.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Bruce Brown Jr., Jordan McRae, Brandon Knight, Jordan Bone (two-way), Derrick Rose (injured)
SG: Svi Mykhailiuk, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard (injured)
SF: Tony Snell, Khyri Thomas, Sekou Doumbouya, Louis King (two-way)
PF: Blake Griffin, Christian Wood
C: John Henson, Thon Maker, Justin Patton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Andre Drummond, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,716,872
- Mid-Level Exception — $1,457,811 (Derrick Rose, Justin Patton)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $432,000 (Markieff Morris)
Waived Players: Todd Withers, Craig Sword, Donta Hall, Tre’Shawn Thurman, Joe Johnson, Dakarai Allen, Tra-Deon Hollins, Tim Frazier, Reggie Jackson, Markieff Morris
Traded Players: Andre Drummond
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Derrick Walton Jr., Donta Hall (two)
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Louis King, Jordan Bone
Head Coach: Dwane Casey
Assistants: Sidney Lowe, Sean Sweeney, Tim Grgurich, Micah Nori
Trainer: Jim Scholler (head athletic trainer)
- Arn Tellem — vice chairman
- Ed Stefanski — senior advisor
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Malik Rose — assistant general manager
- Sachin Gupta — assistant general manager
- Dan Rosenbaum — senior director of basketball strategy
- Gregg Polinsky — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Svi Mykhailiuk).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris).
- 2022 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson), after which, the Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis). May go to the Washington Wizards (TBD).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers (Khyri Thomas, Tobias Harris).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr.).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder (lower of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors) from Cleveland (Andre Drummond).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Philadelphia 76ers (Jordan Bone) — $3,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1 million from the Los Angeles Clippers (Rodney McGruder) — $4,617,000 remaining
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Sekou Doumbouya (15th) and Isaiah Roby (45th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded Jon Leuer to the Milwaukee Bucks for Tony Snell and the rights to Kevin Porter Jr. (30th).
- 6/27/19 — Traded the rights to Kevin Porter Jr. (30th) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for 2020, 2021, 2023 and 2024 second-rounders and $5 million.
- 6/27/19 — Traded the rights to Isaiah Roby (45th) and 2020 and 2021 second-rounders to the Dallas Mavericks for the rights to Deividas Sirvydis (37th).
- 6/28/19 — Declined to exercise team option on the final year of Glenn Robinson III’s contract.
- 7/4/19 — Signed Louis King to a two-way contract.
- 7/4/19 — Signed Sekou Doumbouya (2019-15th) to a $15,897,971 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/19 — Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Tim Frazier to a $1,882,867 minimum contract.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Markieff Morris to two-year $6,560,000 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/19 –Signed Derrick Rose to a two-year $15.0 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded a Miami 2024 second-rounder $2 million to the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Jordan Bone (57th).
- 7/7/19 — Signed Jordan Bone (2019-57th) to a two-way contract.
- 7/17/19 — Claimed Christian Wood off waivers (New Orleans Pelicans).
- 7/18/19 — Signed Todd Withers to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/18/19 — Signed Donta Hall to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/19/19 — Signed Joe Johnson to a partially-guaranteed minimum $2,564,753 contract.
- 10/17/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Luke Kennard.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Todd Withers.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Craig Sword to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Waived Craig Sword.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Tre’Shawn Thurman to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Donta Hall and Tre’Shawn Thurman.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Dakarai Allen to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Tra-Deon Hollins a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Dakarai Allen and Tra-Deon Hollins.
- 10/21/19 — Waived Joe Johnson.
- 10/21/19 — Christian Wood’s salary guaranteed at $822,679.
- 1/10/20 — Christian Wood’s’ $1,645,357 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Waived Tim Frazier.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Andre Drummond to the Cleveland Cavaliers for John Henson, Brandon Knight and a 2023 second-rounder (Andre Drummond).
- 2/6/20 — Reggie Bullock ($2,500,000) and Stanley Johnson ($1,140,682) trade exceptions expired.
- 2/18/20 — Waived Reggie Jackson.
- 2/21/20 — Waived Markieff Morris.
- 2/21/20 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 2/22/20 — Signed Donta Hall to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 3/1/20 — Derrick Walton Jr.’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/2/20 — Donta Hall’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/3/20 — Signed Donta Hall to a second 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 3/4/20 — Claimed Jordan McRae off waivers (Denver Nuggets).
- 6/18/20 — Hired Troy Weaver as general manager.
- 6/23/20 — Donta Hall’s 10-day contract expired.
- 6/26/20 — Signed Justin Patton to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,245,911 contract.
- 11/19/20 — Traded Bruce Brown Jr. to the Brooklyn Nets, and Luke Kennard, Justin Patton, a Portland Trail Blazers 2023 second-rounder, a 2024 second-rounder, a 2025 second-rounder and a 2026 second-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers for Rodney McGruder and $1 million, and from the Brooklyn Nets, Dzanan Musa, the rights to Saddiq Bey (2020-19th) and Jaylen Hands (2019-56th) and a Toronto Raptors 2021 second-rounder.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Jose Calderon ($1,620,564), Zaza Pachulia ($1,620,564), Isaiah Whitehead (two-way), Kalin Lucas (two-way), Jameer Nelson* ($1,620,564)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Deividas Sirvydis (2019-37th)
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/23/21)
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list