Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $18.5 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $350.00 (P.J. Tucker, Zhou Qui)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Tarik Black)
- Christapher Johnson $1,577,230
- Bobby Brown $1,524,305
- Troy Williams $1,471,382 ($1,312,611 guaranteed)
- Isaiah Taylor $1,312,611
- Tim Quarterman $1,312,611
- Cameron Oliver $815,615 ($300,000 guaranteed)
- George de Paula $815,615
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Chris Paul, Isaiah Taylor, Bobby Brown, Tim Quarterman
SG: James Harden, Eric Gordon, George de Paula
SF: Trevor Ariza, Luc Mbah a Moute, Troy Williams, Christapher Johnson
PF: Ryan Anderson, P.J. Tucker, Cameron Oliver (injured)
C: Clint Capela, Nene, Tarik Black, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (head coach Matt Brase)
Two-Way Contracts: Demetrius Jackson (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- James Harden — 15 percent
- Tarik Black — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- Monte McNair — vice president of basketball operations
- Jimmy Paulis — director of player personnel
- Sachin Gupta — special advisor
- 2018 — Owe a first-rounder (top-three protected through 2023, unprotected in 2024) to Atlanta Hawks (Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford).
- 2018 — Owed a second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Dillon Brooks), may be from Miami HEAT or Charlotte Hornets, the lowest of the three.
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Shawn Long).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- First day of the season — Isaiah Taylor’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/17/17 — Extension deadline for Clint Capela.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Nene, P.J. Tucker, Cameron Oliver and Tarik Black.
- 12/22/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Christapher Johnson.
- 12/25/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Bobby Brown.
- 12/25/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on George de Paula.
- 1/10/18 — Christapher Johnson’s $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Bobby Brown’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Tim Quarterman’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — George de Paula and Cameron Oliver’s $815,615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tim Quarterman, George de Paula and Clint Capela.
- 6/30/18 — Troy Williams’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- First day of the season — Isaiah Taylor’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Cameron Oliver and Zhou Qi’s $1,378,242 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cameron Oliver, Isaiah Taylor and Chinanu Onuaku.
- 6/29/19 — Nene’s player option.
- 6/30/19 — Troy Williams’ $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Zhou Qi’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Zhou Qi.
- 7/1/20 — P.J. Tucker’s $7,969,537 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 1/10/21 — Zhou Qi’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on James Harden.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Isaiah Hartenstein (43rd).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Dillon Brooks (45th) to Memphis Grizzlies for a 2018 second-rounder.
- 6/28/17 — Traded cash $75,000 to Atlanta Hawks for Ryan Kelly.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $175,000 to Dallas Mavericks for DeAndre Liggins.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $100,000 and a second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Shawn Long.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $100,000 to Portland Trail Blazers for Eric Quarterman.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $1.0 million to Detroit Pistons for Darrun Hilliard.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer, Darrun Hilliard, DeAndre Liggins, a protected 2018 first-rounder and $661,072 to Los Angeles Clippers for Chris Paul.
- 6/29/17 — Traded cash $75,000 to Dallas Mavericks for Jarrod Uthoff.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Zhou Qi (2016-43rd) to a partially-guaranteed four-year, $5,565,327, team option on final season.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Nene to a three-year, $10,954,440 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/17 — Signed P.J. Tucker to a partially-guaranteed four-year, $31,878,148 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed James Harden to a four-year, maximum extension currently valued at $169,344,000, player option on final season.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Cameron Oliver to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 7/17/17 — Signed Tarik Black to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/23/17 — Signed Troy Williams to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $4,693,068 contract.
- 8/21/17 — Signed Demetrius Jackson to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/22/17 — Signed Chris Johnson to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Bobby Brown to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,524,305 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/27/17 — Signed George de Paula to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
Waived Players: Ryan Kelly, Jarrod Uthoff, Shawn Long
Traded Players: Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Kyle Wiltjer, Montrezl Harrell, Sam Dekker, DeAndre Liggins, Darrun Hilliard
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Arena: Toyota Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/17)