Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Chris Paul, Michael Carter-Williams
SG: James Harden, Eric Gordon, R.J. Hunter (two-way)
SF: P.J. Tucker, Gerald Green, Vincent Edwards
PF: Ryan Anderson, James Ennis
C: Nene, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Tarik Black ($3,948,000, non-Bird)
- Clint Capela (RFA, $7,003,584, full Bird)
- Joe Johnson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Markel Brown (two-way, non-Bird)
- Michael Carter-Williams $1,757,429 ($1.2 million guaranteed)
- Zhou Qi $1,378,242
- Vince Edwards $838,464
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: De’Anthony Melton (2018-46th), Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,337,000
Waived Players: Aaron Jackson
Traded Players: None
- James Harden — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Gerald Green (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Jimmy Paulis, head coach Matt Brase)
Two-Way Contracts: R.J. Hunter
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- Monte McNair — vice president of basketball operations
- Jimmy Paulis — director of player personnel
- Sachin Gupta — special advisor
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks or Los Angeles Clippers.
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 8/2/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Vincent Edwards.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on James Ennis and Michael Carter-Williams.
- 1/10/19 — Michael Carter-Williams’ $1,757,429 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 –Zhou Qi’s $1,378,242 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Vincent Edwards’ $838,464 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Chris Paul.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Chinanu Onuaku and Vincent Edwards.
- 6/29/19 — James Ennis and Nene’s player options.
- 1/10/20 — Zhou Qi’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Zhou Qi.
- 7/1/20 — P.J. Tucker’s $7,969,537 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 1/10/21 — Zhou Qi’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Chris Paul.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on James Harden.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted De’Anthony Melton (46th).
- 6/22/18 — Traded $1.5 million to Utah Jazz for the rights to Vincent Edwards (2018-52nd).
- 6/29/18 — Opted Aaron Jackson into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Clint Capela and Markel Brown.
- 7/3/18 — Signed Vince Edwards (2018-52nd) to a one-year non-guaranteed $838,464 minimum contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 minimum contract.
- 7/7/18 — Re-signed Chris Paul to a four-year $159,730,592 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/18 — Re-signed Gerald Green to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Markel Brown.
- 7/13/18 — Signed James Ennis to a two-year $3,466,716 contract, player option on final season.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Toyota Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)