Houston Rockets Team Salary
- Mid-Level: $0 (Kostas Papanikolaou/Nick Johnson)
- Bi-Annual: $0 (Josh Smith)
- Trade Exception (Jeremy Lin, expiring 7/13/15) — $390,089
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 12/19/15) — $816,482
- Trade Exception (Alexey Shved, expiring 2/19/16) — $1,619,096
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Canaan, expiring 2/19/16) — $816,482
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Pablo Prigioni, Nick Johnson
SG: James Harden, Jason Terry
SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, K.J. McDaniels
PF: Kostas Papanikolaou, Terrence Jones, Josh Smith, Clint Capela
C: Donatas Motiejunas, Joey Dorsey, Dwight Howard (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Kevin McHale (signed to three-year, roughly $13 million extension starting 2015/16 season)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-3 and 20-30 protected through 2018, top-3 and 25-30 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from New Orleans Pelicans (Omer Asik).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 & 2017, top-5 protected in 2018 & 2019, top-3 protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Los Angeles Lakers (Jeremy Lin)
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Marcus Camby).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Corey Brewer).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks, (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-45 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Clint Capela (24th) and Nick Johnson (42nd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd) from the Minnesota Timberwolves for cash.
- 6/30/14 — Declined options on the final seasons of Chandler Parsons’ and Troy Daniels’ contracts.
- 6/30/14 — Gave qualifying offers to Chandler Parsons and Troy Daniels.
- 7/13/14 — Traded Jeremy Lin, a protected 2015 first-rounder and a Clippers’ protected 2015 second-rounder to the Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Sergei Lishchuk (2004-49th).
- 7/14/14 — Signed Troy Daniels to a two-year. $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Omer Asik, Omri Casspi and $1.5 million to the New Orleans Pelicans for Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson and a New Orleans protected 2015 first-rounder from the Pelicans and Trevor Ariza (sign and trade for four years, $32 million) from the Washington Wizards.
- 7/17/14 – Signed Jeff Adrien to a one-year, $915k minimum contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Ish Smith to a one-year, $915k minimum contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Joey Dorsey to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Clint Capela to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/25/14 — Signed Nick Johnson to a three-year, $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 8/20/14 — Signed Francisco Garcia to a one-year, $1.3 million minimum contract but contract lapsed.
- 8/27/14 — Signed Tarik Black to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Signed Kostas Papanikolaou to a two-year, $9.4 million contract – contract lapsed.
- 9/25/14 — Signed Akil Mitchell to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/29/14 — Signed Kostas Papanikolaou to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $9.4 million contract (including $207k signing bonus).
- 9/29/14 — Signed Francisco Garcia to a one-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 10/22/14 — Invited Geron Johnson to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/24/14 — Claimed Earl Clark off waivers (Memphis Grizzlies).
- 10/25/14 — Invited Akeem Richmond to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/30/14 — Picked up Terrence Jones’ fourth-year option.
- 10/30/14 — Picked up Donatas Motiejunas’ third-year option.
- 12/19/14 — Traded Troy Daniels, a 2015 second-rounder (Sacramento Kings), a 2016 second-rounder to the Minnesota and cash to Minnesota Timberwolves and a 2015 second-rounder plus the rights to Sergei Lishchuk to Philadelphia 76ers for Corey Brewer and Alexey Shved.
- 12/19/14 — Corey Brewer opted out of the final year of his contract (2015-16).
- 12/26/14 — Signed Josh Smith to a one-year, $2.1 million contract.
- 2/19/15 — Traded Alexey Shved and two second-rounders to New York Knicks for Pablo Prigioni.
- 2/19/15 — Traded Isaiah Canaan and 2015 second-rounder to Philadephia 76ers for K.J. McDaniels.
Waived Players: Josh Powell, Akil Mitchell, Akeem Richmond, Earl Clark, Geron Johnson, Robert Covington, Francisco Garcia, Tarik Black
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million to New Orleans Pelicans (Omer Asik); $1 million to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Luis Scola 2014-15 $6,172,538
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/13/15)