- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Houston Rockets Team Salary
- Mid-Level: $4,797,664 (Nick Johnson)
- Bi-Annual: $2,077,000
- Trade Exception (Jeremy Lin, expiring 7/13/15) — $8,374,636
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Isaiah Canaan, Ish Smith
SG: James Harden, Troy Daniels, Nick Johnson
SF: Trevor Ariza, Alonzo Gee, Robert Covington, Scotty Hopson, Jeff Adrien
PF: Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela, Josh Powell
C: Dwight Howard, Joey Dorsey
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Clint Capela (24th) and Nick Johnson (42nd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd) from the Minnesota Timberwolves for cash.
- 6/30/14 — Declined options on the final seasons of Chandler Parsons’ and Troy Daniels’ contracts.
- 6/30/14 — Gave qualifying offers to Chandler Parsons and Troy Daniels.
- 7/13/14 — Traded Jeremy Lin, a protected 2015 first-rounder and a Clippers’ protected 2015 second-rounder to the Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Sergei Lishchuk (2004-49th).
- 7/14/14 — Signed Troy Daniels to a two-year. $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 7/15/14 — Traded Omer Asik, Omri Casspi and $1.5 million to the New Orleans Pelicans for Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson and a New Orleans protected 2015 first-rounder from the Pelicans and Trevor Ariza (sign and trade for four years, $32 million) from the Washington Wizards.
- 7/17/14 – Signed Jeff Adrien to a one-year, $915k minimum contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Ish Smith to a one-year, $915k minimum contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Joey Dorsey to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Clint Capela to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/25/14 — Signed Nick Johnson to a three-year, $2.3 million minimum contract.
Waived Players: None
- Early Bird: Francisco Garcia
- Declined Bird: Jordan Hamilton
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nick Johnson (2014-42nd), Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Kostas Papanikolaou (2012-48th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Sergei Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Head Coach: Kevin McHale
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Marcus Camby).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-3 and 20-30 protected through 2018, top-3 and 25-30 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from New Orleans Pelicans (Omer Asik).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 & 2017, top-5 protected in 2018 & 2019, top-3 protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Los Angeles Lakers (Jeremy Lin)
- 2015 — Owed lower second-rounder from Minnesota Timberwolves or Denver Nuggets (Corey Brewer, Tanguy Ngombo, Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-37 protected, unprotected in 2018) from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million to New Orleans (Omer Asik)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Luis Scola 2014-15 $6,172,538.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/26/14)