Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $18.4 million
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one team option, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: James Harden
SG: Eric Gordon, Aaron Jackson (TO), R.J. Hunter (two-way)
SF: P.J. Tucker
PF: Ryan Anderson
C: Nene, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Chris Paul ($35,350,000, full Bird)
- Trevor Ariza ($11,131,368, full Bird)
- Tarik Black ($3,948,000, non-Bird)
- Clint Capela (RFA, $7,003,584, full Bird)
- Luc Mbah a Moute ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Gerald Green ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Joe Johnson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Aaron Jackson (TO, RFA $1,537,872 or UFA $1,337,872)
- Markel Brown (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Zhou Qi $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 46th from Miami HEAT (Troy Daniels, Dillon Brooks); 30th to Atlanta Hawks (Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford), 60th to Philadelphia (Shawn Long)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception. If team goes below the cap, they lose the aforementioned exceptions but gain the $4,411,290 Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- James Harden — 15 percent
- Tarik Black — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: James Harden (signing restriction until 7/7/18), Aaron Jackson (signing restriction until 7/11/18)
G-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Jimmy Paulis, head coach Matt Brase)
Two-Way Contracts: R.J. Hunter
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- Monte McNair — vice president of basketball operations
- Jimmy Paulis — director of player personnel
- Sachin Gupta — special advisor
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks or Los Angeles Clippers.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Team option on Aaron Jackson
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Clint Capela.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/7/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on James Harden.
- 7/11/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Aaron Jackson.
- 1/10/19 –Aaron Jackson and Zhou Qi’s $1,378,242 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Chinanu Onuaku and Aaron Jackson.
- 6/29/19 — Nene’s player option.
- 1/10/20 — Zhou Qi’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Zhou Qi.
- 7/1/20 — P.J. Tucker’s $7,969,537 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 1/10/21 — Zhou Qi’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on James Harden.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Toyota Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)