Houston Rockets Team Salary
Quick: $0-$46.2 million in cap space
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinanu Onuaku (2016-37th), Zhou Qi (2016-43rd), Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
- Bird: Dwight Howard ($31,000,000 cap hold), Donatas Motiejunas (restricted, $5,720,513 cap hold), Terrence Jones ($6,223,825 cap hold), Jason Terry ($980,431 cap hold)
- Non-Bird: Josh Smith ($980,431 cap hold)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Michael Beasley ($1,403,611), Andrew Goudelock ($1,015,696)
Qualifying Offers: Donatas Motiejunas ($4,433,683)
PG: Patrick Beverley
SG: James Harden, K.J. McDaniels, Andrew Goudelock
SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker
PF: Michael Beasley, Montrezl Harrell
C: Clint Capela
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Sam Dekker ($1,794,600), Clint Capela ($2,334,528)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/1/16 — Michael Beasley’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 8/1/16 — Andrew Goudelock’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Sam Dekker and Clint Capela.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure James Harden’s contract.
- 6/29/17 — Team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Clint Capela.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Clint Capela.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Clint Capela and Montrezl Harrell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Sam Dekker.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Sam Dekker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/1/16 — Hire Coach Mike D’Antoni.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Chinanu Onuaku (37th) and Zhou Qi (43rd)
- 6/29/16 — Dwight Howard opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Donatas Motiejunas.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2015/16 season)
Assistants (TBD): Chris Finch, Greg Buckner
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Gianluca Pascucci, head coach Matt Brase)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/16)