Houston Rockets Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent
Estimated Contracts: Gary Payton II, Kyle Wiltjer, Isaiah Taylor, Bobby Brown
Note: Estimated contracts are based on reports, with a standard, increasing schedule — they are ONLY estimates.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to 11.7 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Nene)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Zhou Qi (2016-43rd), Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
- Bird: Donatas Motiejunas (restricted, $5,720,513 cap hold)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Michael Beasley ($1,403,611), Gary Payton II (TBD), Kyle Wiltjer (TBD), Isaiah Taylor (TBD), Bobby Brown (TBD)
Qualifying Offers: Donatas Motiejunas ($4,433,683)
PG: Patrick Beverley, Pablo Prigioni, Gary Payton II, Isaiah Taylor, Bobby Brown
SG: James Harden, Eric Gordon, K.J. McDaniels
SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker
PF: Ryan Anderson, Michael Beasley, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer
C: Clint Capela, Nene, Chinanu Onuaku
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017-18 Rookie-Scale Options: Sam Dekker ($1,794,600), Clint Capela ($2,334,528)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Sam Dekker and Clint Capela.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Eric Gordon, Pablo Prigioni, Nene, Gary Payton II, Bobby Brown, Isaiah Taylor, Kyle Wiltjer and Ryan Anderson.
- 1/9/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on James Harden.
- 6/29/17 — Team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 6/30/17 — Pablo Prigioni’s $1,178,992 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Clint Capela.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Clint Capela.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Clint Capela and Montrezl Harrell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Sam Dekker.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Sam Dekker and Chinanu Onuaku.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/1/16 — Hire Coach Mike D’Antoni.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Chinanu Onuaku (37th) and Zhou Qi (43rd)
- 6/29/16 — Dwight Howard opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Donatas Motiejunas.
- 7/9/16 — Renounced the rights to Jason Terry, Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones and Josh Smith.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Ryan Anderson to a four-year, $80 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Gordon to a four-year, $52.9 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Restructured and extended James Harden’s contract to a four-year, $118 million deal, player option on final season.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Chinanu Onuaku (2016-37th) to a three-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Nene to a one-year, $2.9 million contract.
- 7/28/16 — Signed Pablo Prigioni to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.2 million contract.
- 8/1/16 — Michael Beasley’s $1.0 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Gary Payton II to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Kyle Wiltjer to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Isaiah Taylor to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Bobby Brown (TBD).
Waived Players: Andrew Goudelock
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- James Harden — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (head coach Matt Brase)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/22/16)