Houston Rockets Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $12.1 million
- Trade Exception (Corey Brewer, expiring 2/21/18) — $612,172
- Room Exception: $0 (Nene)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Eric Gordon, Tyler Ennis, Bobby Brown
SG: James Harden, Lou Williams
SF: Trevor Ariza, K.J. McDaniels
PF: Ryan Anderson, Sam Dekker, Kyle Wiltjer
C: Clint Capela, Montrezl Harrell, Nene, Chinanu Onuaku
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/29/17 — Team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bobby Brown.
- 8/1/17 (or the later of seven days following last day of the moratorium) — Kyle Wiltjer’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Clint Capela.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Clint Capela, Kyler Wiltjer and Montrezl Harrell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Sam Dekker.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Sam Dekker and Chinanu Onuaku.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/1/16 — Hire Coach Mike D’Antoni.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Chinanu Onuaku (37th) and Zhou Qi (43rd)
- 6/29/16 — Dwight Howard opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a $4,433,683 qualifying offer to Donatas Motiejunas.
- 7/9/16 — Renounced the rights to Jason Terry, Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones and Josh Smith.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Ryan Anderson to a four-year, $80 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Gordon to a four-year, $52.9 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Restructured and extended James Harden’s contract to a four-year, $118 million deal, player option on final season.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Chinanu Onuaku (2016-37th) to a three-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Nene to a one-year, $2.9 million contract.
- 7/28/16 — Signed Pablo Prigioni to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.2 million contract.
- 8/1/16 — Michael Beasley’s $1.0 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 9/22/16 — Traded Michael Beasley to Milwaukee Bucks for Tyler Ennis.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Gary Payton II to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448.720 contract ($543,471).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Kyle Wiltjer to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448.720 contract ($275,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Isaiah Taylor to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($50,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Bobby Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/29/16 — Signed P.J. Hairston to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/1/16 — Qualifying offer to Donatas Motiejunas expired.
- 10/25/16 — Picked up team option on Clint Capela.
- 10/30/16 — Picked up team options on Sam Dekker.
- 10/31/16 — Declined team option on Tyler Ennis.
- 12/5/16 — Matched Brooklyn Nets’ offer sheet to Donatas Motiejunas to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $31 million contract — voided when Motiejunas refused to report for a physical.
- 12/7/16 — Signed Bobby Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $680,534 contract.
- 12/16/16 — Renounced rights to Donatas Motiejunas.
- 1/10/17 — Bobby Brown’s $680,534 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Kyle Wiltjer’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/21/17 — Traded Corey Brewer and a first-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers for Lou Williams.
Waived Players: Andrew Goudelock, Isaiah Taylor, Gary Payton II, Pablo Prigioni, P.J. Hairston, Bobby Brown
Traded Players: Corey Brewer
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Bobby Brown (timing)
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Lou Williams)
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Zhou Qi (2016-43rd), Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- James Harden — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (head coach Matt Brase)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/21/17)