Houston Rockets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap, over the luxury tax threshold and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-44.2 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one player option
Draft Picks: 37th (from New York Knicks), 43rd
- Bird: Donatas Motiejunas (restricted), Terrence Jones (restricted), Jason Terry
- Non-Bird: Josh Smith
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Michael Beasley ($1,403,611), Andrew Goudelock ($1,015,696)
Options: Dwight Howard ($23,282,457 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Donatas Motiejunas ($4,433,683), Terrence Jones ($3,532,643)
PG: Patrick Beverley
SG: James Harden, K.J. McDaniels, Andrew Goudelock
SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker
PF: Michael Beasley, Montrezl Harrell
C: Dwight Howard, Clint Capela
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Sam Dekker ($1,794,600), Clint Capela ($2,334,528)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/4/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Michael Beasley.
- 6/9/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Andrew Goudelock.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Player option for Dwight Howard.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/1/16 — Michael Beasley’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 8/1/16 — Andrew Goudelock’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Sam Dekker and Clint Capela.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure James Harden’s contract.
- 6/29/17 — Team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Clint Capela.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Clint Capela.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Clint Capela and Montrezl Harrell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Sam Dekker.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Sam Dekker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff (interim)
Assistants: Chris Finch, Greg Buckner
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $440k to Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $456,921 from Los Angeles Clippers (Josh Smith)
- Dwight Howard — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Gianluca Pascucci, head coach Matt Brase)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/16)