Houston Rockets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$9.7 million, depending primarily on team option for Kostas Papanikolaou and the cap hold for Patrick Beverley.
Draft Picks: 18th, 32nd
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Jeremy Lin, expiring 7/13/15) — $390,089
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 12/19/15) — $816,482
- Trade Exception (Alexey Shved, expiring 2/19/16) — $1,619,096
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Canaan, expiring 2/19/16) — $816,482
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Jason Terry, Patrick Beverley (restricted*)
- Early Bird: Corey Brewer
- Non-Bird: Josh Smith, K.J. McDaniels (restricted*)
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
First-Round Player Options: Clint Capela (third-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, one option
PG: Pablo Prigioni, Nick Johnson
SG: James Harden
SF: Trevor Ariza
PF: Terrence Jones, Kostas Papanikolaou, Clint Capela
C: Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas, Joey Dorsey
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Kevin McHale (signed to three-year, roughly $13 million extension starting 2015/16 season)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks, (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-45 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1.5 million to New Orleans Pelicans (Omer Asik); $1 million to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer) — $800k available
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/1/15)