Houston Rockets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap, over the luxury tax threshold and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-41.2 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,274,206 (K.J. McDaniels, Montrezl Harrell)
- Trade Exception (Troy Daniels, expiring 12/19/15) — $816,482
- Trade Exception (Alexey Shved, expiring 2/19/16) — $1,619,096
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Canaan, expiring 2/19/16) — $816,482
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Ty Lawson, Patrick Beverley
SG: James Harden, Marcus Thornton, Jason Terry, K.J. McDaniels
SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker (injured)
PF: Terrence Jones, Montrezl Harrell
C: Dwight Howard, Clint Capela, Donatas Motiejunas (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on K.J. McDaniels, Jason Terry and Marcus Thornton.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Corey Brewer and Patrick Beverley.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/24/16 — Ty Lawson’s $13.2 million guarantees (or day following the final game of the 2016 NBA Finals, whichever is later).
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 18/19.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Opted Kostas Papanikolaou into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Sam Dekker with the 18th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Montrezl Harrell with the 32nd pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Patrick Beverley.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to K.J. McDaniels.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Patrick Beverley to a four-year, $23.1 million partially-guaranteed contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Corey Brewer to a three-year, $23.4 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Renounced the rights to Jason Terry.
- 7/20/15 — Traded Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a lottery-protected 2016 first-rounder and $440k to Denver Nuggets for Ty Lawson and a 2017 second-rounder. Lawson removed salary protection on 16/17 salary.
- 7/20/15 — Signed K.J. McDaniels to a three-year, $10 million deal, team option on final season.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Sam Dekker (2015-18th) to a $7.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Marcus Thornton to a $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 8/24/15 — Re-signed Jason Terry to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 9/2/15 — Signed Remi Yusuf to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 9/3/15 — Signed Denzel Livingston to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/15 — Signed Will Cummings to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Chris Walker to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Joshua Smith to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Montrezl Harrell (2015-32nd) to a three-year, $3.1 million contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Jeremy Tyler to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/15 — Claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 11/2/15 — Picked up the team option on Clint Capela.
- 11/1/15 — Signed Chuck Hayes to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 11/18/15 — Fired Coach Kevin McHale.
Waived Players: Remi Yusuf, Joshua Smith, Jeremy Tyler, Arsalan Kazemi, Will Cummings, Denzel Livingston, Chris Walker, Chuck Hayes
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff (interim)
Assistants: Chris Finch, Greg Buckner
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks, (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected, otherwise Portland Trail Blazers 2017 second-rounder) to Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson)
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-45 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson). Pick could re-route to Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson)
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $440k to Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Dwight Howard — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Gianluca Pascucci, head coach Matt Brase)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/15)