Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $49.4 million.
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, four non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Briante Weber
SG: Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington, Rodney McGruder, Malik Newman
SF: Josh Richardson, Derrick Jones
PF: Justise Winslow, James Johnson, Duncan Robinson (two-way), Yante Maten (two-way), Marcus Lee, Udonis Haslem
C: Hassan Whiteside, Bam Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk, Jarnell Stokes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Dwyane Wade ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Luke Babbitt ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Udonis Haslem ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- Jordan Mickey ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Briante Weber $1,567,007
- Jarnell Stokes $1,567,007
- Malik Newman $838,464
- Marcus Lee $838,464
- Trade Exception (Okaro White, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,312,611
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,641,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Wayne Ellington (implicit), Udonis Haslem (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager of basketball operations Adam Simon, Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: Duncan Robinson, Yante Maten
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- Adam Simon — vice president, player personnel/assistant general manager
- Chet Kammerer — senior advisor of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Dwyane Wade).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Justise Winslow.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Wayne Ellington, Jarnell Stokes, Briante Weber, Udonis Haslem, Marcus Lee, Malik Newman and Derrick Jones.
- 1/10/19 — Briante Weber and Jarnell Stokes’ $1,567,007 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Marcus Lee and Malik Newman’s $838,464 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justise Winslow, Marcus Lee, Malik Newman and Rodney McGruder.
- 8/1/19 — Derrick Jones’ $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/11/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Derrick Jones.
- 6/27/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Derrick Walton Jr.
- 6/30/18 — Rodney McGruder’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Derrick Jones to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,157,958 contract.
- 7/10/18 — Revoked Derrick Walton Jr.’s qualifying offer.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Duncan Robinson to a two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a one-year $6,270,000 contract.
- 7/29/18 — Signed Yante Maten to a two-way contract.
- 8/6/18 — Signed Malik Newman to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/15/18 — Signed Marcus Lee to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/21/18 — Signed Briante Weber to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 8/27/18 — Signed Jarnell Stokes to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/18 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Arena: American Airlines Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/11/18)