Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): None
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Rodney McGruder $1,312,611 ($452,624 guaranteed)
- Okaro White $1,312,611 ($452,624 guaranteed)
- Larry Drew II $1,312,611
- Matt Williams $815,615
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Larry Drew II
SG: Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington, Rodney McGruder, Matt Williams
SF: Justise Winslow, Josh Richardson, Okaro White
PF: Kelly Olynyk, James Johnson, Jordan Mickey
C: Hassan Whiteside, Bam Adebayo, A.J. Hammons, Udonis Haslem
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: Derrick Walton Jr. (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
No-Trade: Udonis Haslem (implicit)
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $5.1 million to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- First game of 2017-18 season — Okaro White and Rodney McGruder’s $1,312,611 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Justise Winslow.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jordan Mickey, Kelly Olynyk, James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Larry Drew II, Matt Williams and Udonis Haslem.
- 1/10/18 — Larry Drew II’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Matt Williams’ $815,615 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Larry Drew II, Matt Williams, Josh Richardson and Okaro White.
- 6/29/18 — Team option on Jordan Mickey.
- 6/30/18 — Rodney McGruder’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- First day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Justise Winslow.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justise Winslow, A.J. Hammons and Rodney McGruder.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bam Adebayo.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/23/17 — Josh McRoberts opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/17 — Willie Reed and Dion Waiters opted out of their contracts.
- 6/30/17 — Josh Richardson’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Bam Adebayo (2017-14th) to a $14,015,772 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/17 — Okaro White’s salary guaranteed at $226,312 for 2017-18.
- 7/6/17 — Wayne Ellington’s $6,270,000 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/7/17 — Renounced the rights to Udonis Haslem, Willie Reed and Luke Babbitt.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Josh McRoberts, a 2023 second-rounder and $5.1 million to the Dallas Mavericks for A.J. Hammons.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Kelly Olynyk to a four-year, $51,210,825 contract with incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Dion Waiters to a four-year, $52.0 million contract with incentives (TBD).
- 7/7/17 — Signed James Johnson to a four-year, $60,002,200 contract with incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a two-way contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Matt Williams to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/1/17 — Okaro White and Rodney McGruder’s salaries guaranteed at $452,624 for 2017-18.
- 8/20/17 — Signed Jordan Mickey to a two-year, $3,071,902 contract, team option on second season.
- 9/5/17 — Signed Larry Drew II to a non-guaranteed, one-year $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to extend Josh Richardson on a four-year, $42 million deal.
Waived Players: Chris Bosh (medical retirement)
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Arena: American Airlines Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/17/17)