Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $29.4 million, none/less if players like Hassan Whiteside and/or Goran Dragic opt in.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two player options, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Justise Winslow
SG: Dion Waiters, Kendrick Nunn
SF: Josh Richardson, Derrick Jones
PF: James Johnson, Duncan Robinson, Yante Maten, Ryan Anderson
C: Kelly Olynyk, Bam Adebayo
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wayne Ellington, expiring 2/6/20) — $6,270,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Hassan Whiteside (PO), Gordan Dragic (PO), Udonis Haslem ($1,618,486)
- Early Bird: Dwyane Wade ($1,618,486)
- Non-Bird: Luke Babbitt* ($1,618,486), Jordan Mickey* ($1,618,486)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Ryan Anderson $21,264,635 ($15,643,750 guaranteed)
- Derrick Jones $1,645,357
- Yante Maten $1,416,852 ($100,000 guaranteed)
- Duncan Robinson $1,416,852 (TBD)
- Kendrick Nunn $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 13th*; Own 42nd/43rd/44th* to the Minnesota Timberwolves
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager of basketball operations Adam Simon, Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development), Anthony Carter (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- Adam Simon — vice president, player personnel/assistant general manager
- Chet Kammerer — senior advisor of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Dwyane Wade).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1,800,000 to Phoenix Suns (Tyler Johnson) – $3,443,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Rodney McGruder.
- 7/1/19 — Kendrick Nunn’s salary guarantees at $50,000 for 2019-20.
- 7/7/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Yante Maten.
- 7/9/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Duncan Robinson.
- 7/10/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Kendrick Nunn.
- 7/10/19 — Ryan Anderson’s $21,264,635 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 8/1/19 — Derrick Jones’ $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 8/1/19 — Kendrick Nunn and Yante Maten’s salary guarantees at $150,00 for 2019-20.
- First game of the 2019-20 season — Kendrick Nunn’s salary guarantees at $450,000 for 2019-20.
- First game of the 2019-20 season — Yante Maten’s salary guarantees at $300,000 for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 12/1/19 — Yante Maten’s salary guarantees at $450,000 for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Kendrick Nunn and Yante Maten’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Wayne Ellington trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson.
- Before first day of 2020-21 season — Extension deadline on Bam Adebayo.
- First day of the 2020-21 season — Kendrick Nunn and Yante Maten’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/21 — Team option deadline for Justise Winslow.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Bam Adebayo, Yante Maten, Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn.
- 6/29/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
- TBD — Salary guarantees for Duncan Robinson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: American Airlines Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)