Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, one team option, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson
SG: Dion Waiters, Rodney McGruder
SF: Josh Richardson
PF: Justise Winslow, James Johnson, Jordan Mickey (TO)
C: Hassan Whiteside, Bam Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Wayne Ellington ($8,151,000, early Bird)
- Dwyane Wade ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Luke Babbitt ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Udonis Haslem ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- Jordan Mickey (TO, RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698)
- Derrick Jones Jr. (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Derrick Walton Jr. (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Rodney McGruder $1,544,951
Draft Picks: 15th to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic), 46th to Houston Rockets (Troy Daniels, Dillon Brooks)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
- Trade Exception (Okaro White, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,312,611
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Josh Richardson (through 3/18/18)
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager of basketball operations Adam Simon, Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Cleveland Cavaliers (Dwyane Wade).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $5.1 million to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Team option on Jordan Mickey.
- 6/30/18 — Rodney McGruder’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Justise Winslow.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justise Winslow and Rodney McGruder.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: American Airlines Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)