Miami Heat Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and over the tax threshold
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $3,376,000 (partially tabbed for Josh Richardson, TBD)
- Trade Exception (Zoran Dragic, expiring 7/27/15) — $1,706,250
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 7/27/15) — $1,294,440
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Mario Chalmers, Tyler Johnson
SG: Dwyane Wade, Gerald Green, Josh Richardson
SF: Luol Deng, Justise Winslow, James Ennis
PF: Chris Bosh, Amar’e Stoudemire, Josh McRoberts, Udonis Haslem
C: Hassan Whiteside, Chris Andersen
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 8/1/15 — Tyler Johnson’s salary guarantees at $422,530 for 15/16.
- 8/1/15 — Hassan Whiteside’s salary guarantees at $245,337 for 15/16.
- 8/2/15 — Trade restriction lifts on Justise Winslow.
- First regular-season game — James Ennis’ $945k guarantees for 15/16.
- First regular-season game — Hassan Whiteside’s salary guarantees at $490,674 for 15/16.
- 12/1/15 — Hassan Whiteside’s $981k guarantees for 15/16.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Amar’e Stoudemire and Gerald Green.
- 1/10/16 — Tyler Johnson’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Dwyane Wade and Goran Dragic.
- 7/27/16 — Zoran Dragic’s $1.7 million and Shabazz Napier’s $1.3 million trade exceptions expire.
- 8/1/16 — James Ennis’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Goran Dragic opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Justise Winslow with the 10th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Josh Richardson with the 40th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Luol Deng opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Dwyane Wade opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Opted Michael Beasley out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/3/15 — Signed Justise Winslow to an $11.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Goran Dragic to a five-year, $85 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Gerald Green to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/10/15 — Re-signed Dwyane Wade to a one-year, $20 million deal.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Amar’e Stoudemire to a one-year, $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 7/27/15 — Traded Zoran Dragic, a 2020 second-rounder and $1.6 million to Boston Celtics for a protected 2019 second-rounder (top-55 protected, TBD).
- 7/27/15 — Traded Shabazz Napier and $1.1 million in cash to Orlando Magic for a protected 2016 second-rounder (top-55).
- TBD – Reportedly agreed to sign Josh Richardson (2015-40th) to a three-year, $2.5 million deal.
No-Trade: Dwyane Wade
Waived Players: Henry Walker
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josh Richardson (2015-40th, reportedly signing), Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
- Pat Riley — President of Basketball Operations
- Andy Elisburg — General Manager
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2017) to Philadelphia 76ers (LeBron James, Thaddeus Young).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Joel Anthony).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Atlanta Hawks (James Ennis).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, TBD) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $1.6 million to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic), $1,078,700 to Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Non-Bird: Michael Beasley
- Luol Deng — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Mike Miller
- Michael Beasley — $947,276 (Early Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/29/15)