- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Miami Heat Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Norris Cole
- Room: $0 (Udonis Haslem)
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, Shabazz Napier
SG: Dwyane Wade, James Ennis
SF: Luol Deng, Danny Granger
PF: Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts
C: Chris Andersen, Udonis Haslem, Justin Hamilton
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Shabazz Napier (2014-24th) from the Charlotte Hornets for the rights of P.J. Hairston (2014-26th), Semah Christon (2014-55th), a 2019 second-rounder and cash.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Mario Chalmers to a two-year, $8.3 million contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Danny Granger to a two-year, $4.2 million contract (second season player option).
- 7/14/14 — Signed Josh McRoberts to a four-year, $22.7 million contract (fourth season player option).
- 7/15/14 — Signed Dwyane Wade to a two-year, $31.1 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Luol Deng to a two-year, $19.9 million contract (second season player option).
- 7/15/14 — Signed James Ennis to a non/partially guaranteed 2.3 million, three-year minimum contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Shabazz Napier to a $6.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a two-year, $5.6 million contract.
- 7/18/14 — Signed Chris Andersen to a two-year, $10.4 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Chris Bosh to an estimated five-year, $118 million contract.
Waived Players: None
Free Agents: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
- Pat Riley — President of Basketball Operations
- Andy Elisburg — General Manager
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (exclusively 50-55 range) from Sacramento Kings (Roger Mason Jr.).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2016, unprotected in 2017) to Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron James).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Atlanta Hawks (James Ennis).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Shabazz Napier).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Mike Miller — 2014/15 $6.6 million.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/22/14)