Miami Heat Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): Up to $22.8 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Dion Waiters)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Rodney McGruder ($543,471 — $300,000 guaranteed)
PG: Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson
SG: Dion Waiters, Rodney McGruder
SF: Luke Babbitt, Wayne Ellington, Josh Richardson (injured)
PF: Justise Winslow, James Johnson, Derrick Williams, Chris Bosh (injured)
C: Hassan Whiteside, Willie Reed, Udonis Haslem, Josh McRoberts
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/1/16 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guarantees for $400,000 for 2016-17.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Wayne Ellington, Dion Waiters, Derrick Williams, James Johnson, Udonis Haslem, Hassan Whiteside, Rodney McGruder and Willie Reed.
- 1/10/17 — Rodney McGruder’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Tyler Johnson.
- 6/29/17 — Player option on Josh McRoberts.
- 6/29/17 — Player options for Willie Reed and Dion Waiters.
- 6/30/17 — Josh Richardson’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- Day following end of moratorium — Wayne Ellington’s $6,270,000 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/1/17 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guarantees at $452,625 for 2017-18.
- First game of 2017-18 season — Rodney McGruder’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Justise Winslow.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Richardson.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Justise Winslow.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Goran Dragic.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player options for Hassan Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justise Winslow and Rodney McGruder.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Tyler Johnson.
- 7/5/16 — Signed Rodney McGruder to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Dwyane Wade and Luol Deng.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Hassan Whiteside to a four-year, $98.4 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $12.3 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Willie Reed to a two-year, $2.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/10/16 — Renounced the rights to Amar’e Stoudemire, Gerald Green and Dorell Wright.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Derrick Williams to a one-year, $4,598,000 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year, $4.0 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Signed James Johnson to a one-year, $4.0 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — Traded cash $400,000 and a New Orleans Pelicans second-rounder back to the Pelicans for Luke Babbitt.
- 7/10/16 — Matched offered sheet from Brooklyn Nets, signing Tyler Johnson to a four-year, Arenas-rule $50 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Stefan Jankovic to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($100,000).
- 7/16/16 — Signed Okaro White to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($100,000).
- 7/25/16 — Signed Dion Waiters to a two-year, $5.9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 8/1/16 — Josh Richardson’s $875k guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 8/1/16 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guaranteed at $150,000 for 2016-17.
- 8/17/16 — Signed Beno Udrih to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Keith Benson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,889,382 contract ($75,000).
- 10/17/16 — Signed Vashil Fernandez to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,4371 summer contract.
- 10/18/16 — Signed Luis Montero to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/17/16 — Picked up the team option on Justise Winslow.
- 10/26/16 — Rodney McGruder’s salary guaranteed for $300,000 for 2016-17.
Waived Players: Stefan Jankovic, Briante Weber, Okaro White, Keith Benson, Vashil Fernandez, Luis Montero, Beno Udrih (claimed by Detroit Pistons)
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: David Fizdale (assistant head coach), Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Atlanta Hawks (James Ennis).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46t
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $400,000 to New Orleans Pelicans (Luke Babbitt)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Dion Waiters — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Mike Miller
D-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (Coach Dan Craig)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/28/16)