Miami Heat Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$41.3 million
- Trade Exception (Zoran Dragic, expiring 7/27/16) — $1,706,250
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 7/27/16) — $1,294,440
- Trade Exception (Mario Chalmers, expiring 11/10/16) — $2,129,535
- Trade Exception (Chris Andersen, expiring 2/16/17) — $2,145,060
- Trade Exception (Brian Roberts, expiring 2/18/17) — $2,854,940
- Trade Exception (Jarnell Stokes, expiring 2/18/17) — $845,059
Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Four guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
- Bird: Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem
- Early Bird: Luol Deng, Tyler Johnson (restricted), Hassan Whiteside
- Non-Bird: Dorell Wright, Joe Johnson, Gerald Green, Amar’e Stoudemire
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Josh Richardson ($874,636), Briante Weber ($874,636 — $218,659 guaranteed)
Qualifying Offers: Tyler Johnson ($1,180,431)
PG: Goran Dragic, Briante Weber
SG: Josh Richardson
SF: Justise Winslow
PF: Josh McRoberts
C: Chris Bosh
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Justise Winslow ($2,705,040)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/10/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Briante Weber.
- 7/27/16 — Zoran Dragic’s $1.7 million and Shabazz Napier’s $1.3 million trade exceptions expire.
- 8/1/16 — Josh Richardson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- First game of 2016/17 season — Briante Weber’s salary guarantees for $437,319 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Justise Winslow.
- 11/10/16 — Mario Chalmers $2.1 million trade exception expires.
- 12/1/16 — Briante Weber’s salary guarantees for $655,978 for 2016/17.
- 1/10/17 — Briante Weber’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 2/16/17 — Chris Andersen’s $2.1 million trade exception expires.
- 2/18/17 — Brian Roberts $2.9 million and Jarnell Stokes $845k trade exceptions expires.
- 2/18/17 — Brian Roberts $2.9 million TPE expires.
- 6/29/17 — Player option on Josh McRoberts.
- 6/30/17 — Josh Richardson’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Justise Winslow.
- 7/22/16 — Briante Weber’s $1,014,746 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Josh Richardson and Briante Weber.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Justise Winslow.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Goran Dragic.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Justise Winslow.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Tyler Johnson.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Dwyane Wade
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: David Fizdale (Assistant Head Coach), Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — President of Basketball Operations
- Andy Elisburg — General Manager
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Atlanta Hawks (James Ennis).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from New Orleans Pelicans (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0 remaining; $1.6 million to Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic), $1,078,700 to Orlando Magic (Shabazz Napier); $721,300 to New Orleans Pelicans (Jarnell Stokes).
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $75 from Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts)
- Luol Deng — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Mike Miller
D-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (Coach Dan Craig)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)