Miami Heat Team Salary
Quick: Cap space used.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$11.5 million, depending on the cap holds of Dwayne Wade and Michael Beasley and Goran Dragic.
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Dwyane Wade, Goran Dragic
- Non-Bird: Michael Beasley
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
First-Round Player Options: Shabazz Napier (third-year)
Amnesty: Used on Mike Miller
- 6/22/15 — Goran Dragic opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Justise Winslow with the 10th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Josh Richardson with the 40th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Luol Deng opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Dwyane Wade opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Opted Michael Beasley out of the final year of his contract.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Justise Winslow (2015-10th)
- Second-rounders: Josh Richardson (2015-40th), Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, four non-guaranteed
PG: Mario Chalmers, Shabazz Napier
SG: Tyler Johnson, Zoran Dragic
SF: Luol Deng, Henry Walker, James Ennis
PF: Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Udonis Haslem
C: Hassan Whiteside, Chris Andersen
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
- Pat Riley — President of Basketball Operations
- Andy Elisburg — General Manager
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, unprotected in 2017) to Philadelphia 76ers (LeBron James, Thaddeus Young).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Joel Anthony).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Atlanta Hawks (James Ennis).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $2,170,465 to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic); $368,959 to New Orleans Pelicans (Norris Cole) — $760,576 available
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/15)