Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson
SG: Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington, Rodney McGruder (injured)
SF: Josh Richardson
PF: Justise Winslow, James Johnson, Udonis Haslem, Jordan Mickey, Okaro White (injured)
C: Hassan Whiteside, Kelly Olynyk, Bam Adebayo, A.J. Hammons
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (Coach Dan Craig)
Two-Way Contracts: Derrick Walton Jr. (one-year), Matt Williams
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
No-Trade: Udonis Haslem (implicit), Josh Richardson (illegal throughout season)
- Tyler Johnson — 15 percent
- Kelly Olynyk — five percent or the lesser of $2 million.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Juwan Howard, Keith Smart, Chris Quinn (player development)
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Bill Foran (strength and conditioning)
- Pat Riley — president of basketball operations
- Andy Elisburg — general manager
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Chris Andersen).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Brian Roberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $5.1 million to Dallas Mavericks (Josh McRoberts)
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jordan Mickey, Kelly Olynyk, James Johnson, Dion Waiters and Udonis Haslem.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Okaro White.
- 6/29/18 — Team option on Jordan Mickey.
- 6/30/18 — Rodney McGruder’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Justise Winslow.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside and Tyler Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Justise Winslow, A.J. Hammons and Rodney McGruder.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Kelly Olynyk and James Johnson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bam Adebayo.
- 6/29/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/23/17 — Josh McRoberts opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/17 — Willie Reed and Dion Waiters opted out of their contracts.
- 6/30/17 — Josh Richardson’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Bam Adebayo (2017-14th) to a $14,015,772 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/17 — Okaro White’s salary guaranteed at $226,312 for 2017-18.
- 7/6/17 — Wayne Ellington’s $6,270,000 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/7/17 — Renounced the rights to Udonis Haslem, Willie Reed and Luke Babbitt.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Josh McRoberts, a 2023 second-rounder and $5.1 million to the Dallas Mavericks for A.J. Hammons.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Kelly Olynyk to a four-year, $51,210,825 contract with incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Dion Waiters to a four-year, $52.0 million contract with incentives (TBD).
- 7/7/17 — Signed James Johnson to a four-year, $60,002,200 contract with incentives (TBD), player option on final season.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Udonis Haslem to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a two-way contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Matt Williams to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/1/17 — Okaro White and Rodney McGruder’s salaries guaranteed at $452,624 for 2017-18.
- 8/20/17 — Signed Jordan Mickey to a two-year, $3,071,902 contract, team option on second season.
- 9/5/17 — Signed Larry Drew II to a non-guaranteed, one-year $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Erik McCree to a non-guaranteed, one-year $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/18/17 — Signed Josh Richardson to a four-year, $41,965,056 extension, player option on final season.
- 9/19/17 — Picked up team option on Justise Winslow for 2018-19 season.
- 10/10/17 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/12/17 — Signed Tony Mitchell to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/15/17 — Converted Matt Williams’ to a two-way contract.
- 10/17/17 — Okaro White and Rodney McGruder’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
Waived Players: Chris Bosh (medical retirement), Larry Drew II, Eric McCree, DeAndre Liggins (claimed by Milwaukee Bucks), Tony Mitchell
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Arena: American Airlines Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/17)