Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Up to $14.3 million in cap space
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $35.1 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: John Jenkins ($1,050,961), Derrick Jones (543,471 — $42,500 guaranteed)
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Tyler Ulis
SG: Devin Booker, Archie Goodwin, Leandro Barbosa, John Jenkins
SF: T.J. Warren, Derrick Jones, P.J. Tucker (injured)
PF: Jared Dudley, Dragan Bender, Marquese Chriss
C: Tyson Chandler, Alex Len, Alan Williams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Devin Booker ($2,319,360), T.J. Warren ($3,152,931)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Alex Len, Archie Goodwin
- 10/23/16 — John Jenkins’ $1.1 million guarantees for 2016-17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Alex Len and Archie Goodwin.
- 10/31/16 – Team options on Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
- 12/15/16 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Leandro Barbosa, Derrick Jones and Jared Dudley.
- 1/10/17 — Derrick Jones’ $543,471 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alex Len, Archie Goodwin and Alan Williams.
- 7/3/17 — Leandro Barbosa’s $4 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/11/17 — John Jenkins’ $1.2 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Devin Booker, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/18 – Derrick Jones’ $905,249 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/24/18 — Tyler Ulis’ $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/19 – Derrick Jones’ $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/24/19 — Team options on Tyler Ulis and Derek Jones.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/20 — Derek Jones and Tyler Ulis’ $1,126,120 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/19/16 — Hired Coach Earl Watson.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Dragan Bender (4th) and Tyler Ulis (34th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2020 Detroit Pistons second-rounder and the rights to three players — Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Skal Labissiere (28th) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th) to Sacramento Kings for the rights to Marquese Chriss (8th).
- 6/30/16 — Guaranteed P.J. Tucker’s $5.3 million for 16/17.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Ronnie Price, Mirza Teletovic, Jon Leuer and Chase Budinger.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Dragan Bender (2016-4th) to a $19.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Marquese Chriss (2016-8th) to a $13.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Tyler Ulis (2016-34th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $4 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Jared Dudley to a three-year, $30 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Leandro Barbosa to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $8 million contract.
- 9/1/16 — Alan Williams’ $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 9/13/16 — Signed Derrick Jones to a four-year, non/partially-guaranteed $3,627,102 contract.
- 9/13/16 — Signed Shaquille Harrison to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/14/16 — Signed Alec Brown (2014-50th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Gracin Bakumanya to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Derek Cooke Jr. to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
Waived Players: Alec Brown, Gracin Bakumanya, Derek Cooke Jr., Shaquille Harrison
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Earl Watson (three-year deal, starting for 2015-16 season)
Assistants: Jay Triano (associate head coach), Tyrone Corbin, Nate Bjorkgren, Marlon Garnett (assistant coach, player development coordinator), Scott Duncan (player development coach), Jason Fraser (player development coach), Mehmet Okur (player development coach), Jason Hervey (advance scout)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Ryan McDonough — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney White –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress
D-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Bubba Burrage general manager, Tyrone Ellis head coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/13/16)