Quick: Under the cap by $6.3 million but can get to $18.4 million by renouncing Alex Len.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): Up to $21.4 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Alex Len (RFA, $12,059,053)
- Derrick Jones $1,312,611
- Elijah Millsap $1,524,305
- Peter Jok $815,615
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Tyler Ulis
SG: Devin Booker, Peter Jok, Davon Reed (injured), Brandon Knight (injured)
SF: Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, Derrick Jones, Elijah Millsap
PF: Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Jared Dudley (injured)
C: Tyson Chandler, Alan Williams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Bubba Burrage general manager, Tyrone Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Mike James (one-year), Alec Peters
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Earl Watson (three-year deal, starting for 2015-16 season)
Assistants: Jay Triano (associate head coach), Tyrone Corbin, Nate Bjorkgren, Marlon Garnett (assistant coach, player development coordinator), Scott Duncan (player development coach), Jason Fraser (player development coach), Mehmet Okur (player development coach), Jason Hervey (advance scout)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator), Jeff Fish (director of performance and head strength and conditioning coach)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Ryan McDonough — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- James Jones — vice president of basketball operations
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (P.J. Tucker).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 8/31/17 — Final day to stretch a player for 2017/18 season.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Devin Booker, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Alan Williams, Peter Jok and Mike James.
- 1/10/18 — Elijah Millsap’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 – Derrick Jones’ $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Peter Jok’s $815,615 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/24/18 — Tyler Ulis’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Peter Jok and T.J. Warren.
- 6/29/18 — Davon Reed’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — Alan Williams’ $5,520,000 guarantees for 2018-19 ($1 million can trigger earlier based on minute, weight and body incentives).
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/19 – Derrick Jones’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Team options on Alan Williams, Tyler Ulis and Derek Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
- 7/6/19 — Alan Williams’ $5,520,000 guarantees for 2019-20 ($1 million can trigger earlier based on minute, weight and body incentives).
- 7/10/19 — Davon Reed’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Josh Jackson.
- 1/10/20 — Derek Jones and Tyler Ulis’ $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Davon Reed.
- 7/10/20 — Davon Reed’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Extension deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Jackson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offers to Alex Len and Alan Williams.
- 7/3/17 – Signed Josh Jackson (2017-4th) to a $27,171,282 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Davon Reed (2017-32nd) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $5,565,327 contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Mike James to a two-way contract.
- 7/6/17 — Renounced the rights to Ronnie Price.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Alan Williams to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $17,040,000 contract.
- 9/13/17 — Signed Peter Jok to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/14/17 — Signed Alec Peters to a two-way contract.
Waived Players: Leandro Barbosa
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alec Peters (2017-54th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/18/17)