Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $19.3-$25.0 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Brandon Knight, Ronnie Price
SG: Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker, Archie Goodwin
SF: P.J. Tucker, T.J. Warren, Sonny Weems
PF: Markieff Morris, Mirza Teletovic, Jon Leuer, Cory Jefferson
C: Tyson Chandler, Alex Len
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Tyson Chandler, Cory Jefferson, Mirza Teletovic, Sonny Weems and Ronnie Price.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Cory Jefferson’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Brandon Knight.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — P.J. Tucker’s $5.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/11/16 — Sonny Weems’ $2.9 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 6/17/15 — Danny Granger opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Devin Booker with the 13th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Andrew Harrison (2015-44th) to Memphis Grizzlies for Jon Leuer.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Brandon Knight.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Earl Barron, Gerald Green and Marcus Thornton.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Tyson Chandler to a four-year, $52 million contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Devin Booker (2015-13th) to a $9.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Sonny Weems to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $5.8 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Brandon Knight to a five-year, $70 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Ronnie Price to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Mirza Teletovic to a one-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Henry Sims to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Deonte Burton to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/8/15 — Signed Kyle Casey to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Terrico White to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 10/26/15 — Picked up options on T.J. Warren (third-year), Alex Len (fourth-year) and Archie Goodwin (fourth-year)
Waived Players: Jerel McNeal, Deonte Burton, Kyle Casey, Terrico White, Henry Sims
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th)
- Second-rounders: Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (four-year deal starting 13/14, fourth-year team option)
Assistants: Nate Bjorkgren (also player development coordinator), Earl Watson, Corey Gaines, Jason Fraser (player development assistant)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- Mark West — Vice President of Player Relations
- Bubba Burrage — Director of Player Personnel
- Courtney White — Director of Scouting
- Antonio Williams — Scout
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Tyler Zeller, Isaiah Thomas).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress
D-League Affiliate: Bakersfield Jam (General Manager Bubba Burrage, Head Coach Nate Bjorkgren)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic — $963,000 (Unsigned first-rounder)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/5/15)