Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): Up to $24.6 million
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Ricky Rubio, Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter, Jalen Lecque, Jared Harper (two-way)
SG: Devin Booker, Tyler Johnson, Ty Jerome, David Kramer
SF: Kelly Oubre, Mikal Bridges, Cameron Johnson
PF: Frank Kaminsky, Dario Saric, Cheick Diallo, Tariq Owens
C: Deandre Ayton, Aron Baynes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Frank Kaminsky)
- Tariq Owens $898,310
- David Kramer $898,310
Waived Players: Kyle Korver
Traded Players: Josh Jackson, De’Anthony Melton
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Burt Burchard coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jared Harper
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Monty Williams
Assistants: Willie Green, Darko Rajakovic, Mark Bryant, Randy Ayers, Larry Greer, Steve Blake, Riccardo Fois (player development coach) and Ben Strong (player development coach)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator), Jeff Fish (director of performance and head strength and conditioning coach)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — vice president of basketball operations
- James Jones — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Josh Jackson).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (31-35) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Josh Jackson.
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (36-60) to the Brooklyn Nets (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1 million from the Indiana Pacers (TJ Warren) — $4,617,000 remaining
- 8/16/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jared Harper.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Dario Saric.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Josh Jackson, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Frank Kaminsky, Cheick Diallo, David Kramer, Ricky Rubio, Jalen Lecque and Tariq Owens.
- 1/10/20 — David Kramer and Tariq Owens’ $898,310 guarantee for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Kelly Oubre.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ray Spalding, Tariq Owens, David Kramer, Jevon Carter and Dario Saric.
- 6/29/20 — Team options on Frank Kaminsky and Cheick Diallo.
- 7/10/20 — Elie Okobo’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Deandre Ayton, Cameron Johnson, Ty Jerome and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Elie Okobo.
- 7/1/21 — Jalen Lecque’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/10/21 — Elie Okobo’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Ty Jerome and Cameron Johnson.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Jalen Lecque.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 7/1/22 — Jalen Lecque’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before first day of 2022 season — Extension deadline for Ty Jerome and Cameron Johnson.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deandre Ayton and Cameron Johnson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/11/19 — Named Jeff Bower as senior vice president of basketball operations, James Jones general manager.
- 4/23/19 — Fired coach Igor Kokoskov.
- 5/3/19 — Hired Coach Monty Williams.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 6th and 32nd picks in the draft lottery.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Jarrett Culver (6th) and KZ Okpala (32nd).
- 6/26/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Kelly Oubre.
- 7/3/19 — Renounced Dragan Bender, Jamal Crawford, Richaun Holmes. Jimmer Fredette, Troy Daniels, Ray Spalding and George King.
- 7/6/19 — Traded T.J. Warren to the Indiana Pacers and the rights to KZ Okpala (32nd) to the Miami HEAT for $1 million to the Pacers.
- 7/6/19 — Traded the rights to Jarrett Culver (6th) to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Dario Saric and the rights to Cameron Johnson (11th).
- 7/6/19 — Traded a Milwaukee Bucks 2020 first-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Aron Baynes and the rights to Ty Jerome (24th).
- 7/6/19 — Signed Cameron Johnson (2019-11th) to a $18,593,499 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Ty Jerome (2019-24th) to a $11,129,147 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Josh Jackson, De’Anthony Melton, a 2020 second-rounder and a protected 2021 second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies for Kyle Korver and Jevon Carter.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Jalen Lecque to a partially-guaranteed four-year $6.1 million minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 7/8/19 — Waived Kyle Korver.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Ricky Rubio to a three-year $51 million contract.
- 7/16/19 — Re-signed Kelly Oubre to a two-year $30 million contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Jared Harper to a two-way contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Tariq Owens to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
- 7/17/19 — Signed Frank Kaminsky to a two-year $9,772,350 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/22/19 — Signed Cheick Diallo to a two-year $3,502,857 minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 7/24/19 — Signed David Kramer to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (exhibit 10).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None.
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/5/19)