Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $29.7 million, none with Tyler Johnson and Kelly Oubre
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, one player option, two team options
PG: De’Anthony Melton, Elie Okobo
SG: Devin Booker
SF: Mikal Bridges
PF: T.J. Warren, Josh Jackson
C: Deandre Ayton
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Tyler Johnson (PO), Troy Daniels ($5,191,224), Kelly Oubre (RFA*, $9,625,890), Richaun Holmes ($1,618,486)
- Declined First: Dragan Bender ($5,986,519)
- Non-Bird: Jamal Crawford ($1,618,486), Jimmer Fredette (TO), Ray Spalding (TO), George King (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
2019 Draft Picks: 3rd*, 32nd/33rd*
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Burt Burchard coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Igor Kokoskov
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Corliss Williamson, Jamelle McMillan, Jason Staudt, Cody Toppert (director of player development), Devin Smith (player development coach)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator), Jeff Fish (director of performance and head strength and conditioning coach)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — vice president of basketball operations
- James Jones — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Milwaukee Bucks (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Richaun Holmes)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/3/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Ray Spalding.
- 6/22/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jimmer Fredette.
- 6/29/19 — Team options on Ray Spalding and Jimmer Fredette.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Tyler Johnson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer for Kelly Oubre.
- 7/7/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Devin Booker.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline for Dragan Bender.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Josh Jackson, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for De’Anthony Melton and Ray Spalding.
- 7/10/20 — Elie Okobo’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Elie Okobo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 7/10/21 — Elie Okobo’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/11/19 — Named Jeff Bower as senior vice president of basketball operations, James Jones general manager.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Devin Booker (7/7/19)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)