Quick: Under the cap by $6.6 million.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $20.6 million
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Tyler Ulis, Shaquille Harrison
SG: Devin Booker, Troy Daniels, Davon Reed, Brandon Knight
SF: T.J. Warren, Josh Jackson
PF: Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Jared Dudley
C: Tyson Chandler, Alan Williams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Elfrid Payton (RFA, $9,997,020, full Bird)
- Alex Len ($7,956,438, full Bird)
- Alec Peters (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Danuel House (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Alan Williams $5,520,000
- Tyler Ulis $1,544,951
- Davon Reed $1,378,242 ($689,212 guaranteed)
- Shaquille Harrison $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 1st (cap hold $7,161,457), 16th from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic, cap hold $2,290,732), 31st, 59th from Toronto Raptors (P.J. Tucker)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
- Projected 2018-19 Room Exception: $4,411,290
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Shaquille Harrison (signing restriction through 6/13/18)
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Louis Lehman general manager, Cody Toppert head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Igor Kokoskov (announced but not executed)
Assistants: Marlon Garnett (assistant coach, player development coordinator), Scott Duncan (player development coach), Jason Hervey (advance scout), Tyrone Ellis, Bret Burchard, Brandon Rosenthal
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator), Jeff Fish (director of performance and head strength and conditioning coach)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Ryan McDonough — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- James Jones — vice president of basketball operations
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (4-16 range, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Milwaukee Bucks (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/13/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Shaquille Harrison.
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/24/18 — Tyler Ulis’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Davon Reed’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Elfrid Payton.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — Alan Williams’ $5,520,000 guarantees for 2018-19 ($1 million can trigger earlier based on minute, weight and body incentives).
- 8/1/18 — Shaquille Harrison’s salary guarantees at $50,000.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/19 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Team options on Shaquille Harrison, Alan Williams and Tyler Ulis.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
- 7/6/19 — Alan Williams’ $5,520,000 guarantees for 2019-20 ($1 million can trigger earlier based on minute, weight and body incentives).
- 7/10/19 — Davon Reed’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 8/1/19 — Shaquille Harrison’s salary guarantees at $58,717.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Josh Jackson.
- 1/10/20 — Tyler Ulis’ $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Shaquille Harrison, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Davon Reed.
- 7/10/20 — Davon Reed’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Jackson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 5/2/18 — Agreed to terms with next head coach Igor Kokoskov.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)