Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 (flat $109.14 million cap): Up to $18.9 million, none with Dario Saric’s cap hold.
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, three team options, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Ricky Rubio, Elie Okobo, Jalen Lecque, Cameron Payne (TO)
SG: Devin Booker, Ty Jerome
SF: Kelly Oubre, Cameron Johnson
PF: Mikal Bridges, Cheick Diallo (TO)
C: Deandre Ayton, Frank Kaminsky (TO)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
2020 NBA Draft*: 10th ($4,245,720 cap hold); 40th to the Memphis Grizzlies (Josh Jackson)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None.
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Elie Okobo $1,663,861 7/10/20 (revised date TBD)
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: Dario Saric (RFA, $10,445,958), Aron Baynes ($10,361,232)
- Early Bird: Jevon Carter (RFA, $1,820,564)
- Non-Bird: Frank Kaminsky (TO, $6,720,400), Cheick Diallo (TO, $1,620,564), Cameron Payne (TO, $1,620,564), Tariq Owens (two-way, RFA TBD)
* Estimated, pending the 2020-21 salary-cap figure.
Qualifying Offers (Pending)
- Dario Saric $5,087,871
- Jevon Carter $1,820,564
- Deandre Ayton
- Mikal Bridges
- Cameron Johnson
- Ty Jerome
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Burt Burchard coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Head Coach: Monty Williams
Assistants: Willie Green, Darko Rajakovic, Mark Bryant, Randy Ayers, Larry Greer, Steve Blake, Riccardo Fois (player development coach) and Ben Strong (player development coach)
Trainer: Brady Howe (senior director of player health and performance), David Crewe (director of medical services/head athletic trainer), Daniel Bove (director of performance), Adam Loiacono (director of rehabilitation), Cory Schlesinger (head strength and conditioning coach), Frank Adams (assistant athletic trainer), Jeff Dolan as (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Kohei Tamagawa (sport scientist/assistant strength coach), Amy Atmore (performance therapist)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — vice president of basketball operations
- James Jones — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (31-35) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Josh Jackson.
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (36-60) to the Brooklyn Nets (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1 million from the Indiana Pacers (TJ Warren) — $4,617,000 remaining
- 7/10/20 — Elie Okobo’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21 (revised date TBD).
- 9/30/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Cameron Payne.
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/17/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jevon Carter and Dario Saric.
- 10/17/20 — Team options on Frank Kaminsky and Cheick Diallo.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Deandre Ayton, Cameron Johnson, Ty Jerome and Mikal Bridges (revised date TBD).
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Elie Okobo.
- 7/1/21 — Jalen Lecque’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/10/21 — Elie Okobo’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Ty Jerome and Cameron Johnson.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Jalen Lecque.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 7/1/22 — Jalen Lecque’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Ty Jerome and Cameron Johnson.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deandre Ayton and Cameron Johnson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to be waived on January 7 to clear waivers.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/18/20)