Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by $9.2 million.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $28.5 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Tyler Ulis, Ronnie Price, Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe (injured)
SG: Devin Booker, Leandro Barbosa
SF: T.J. Warren, Derrick Jones, Jarell Eddie
PF: Marquese Chriss, Jared Dudley, Dragan Bender (injured)
C: Alex Len, Alan Williams, Tyson Chandler
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/7/17 — Final day of Jarell Eddie’s 10-day contract.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alex Len and Alan Williams.
- 7/3/17 — Leandro Barbosa’s $4 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Devin Booker, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/18 – Derrick Jones’ $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/24/18 — Tyler Ulis’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/19 – Derrick Jones’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/24/19 — Team options on Tyler Ulis and Derek Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/20 — Derek Jones and Tyler Ulis’ $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/19/16 — Hired Coach Earl Watson.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Dragan Bender (4th) and Tyler Ulis (34th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2020 Detroit Pistons second-rounder and the rights to three players — Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Skal Labissiere (28th) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th) to Sacramento Kings for the rights to Marquese Chriss (8th).
- 6/30/16 — Guaranteed P.J. Tucker’s $5.3 million for 16/17.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Ronnie Price, Mirza Teletovic, Jon Leuer and Chase Budinger.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Dragan Bender (2016-4th) to a $19.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Marquese Chriss (2016-8th) to a $13.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Tyler Ulis (2016-34th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $4 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Jared Dudley to a three-year, $30 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Leandro Barbosa to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $8 million contract.
- 9/1/16 — Alan Williams’ $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 9/13/16 — Signed Derrick Jones to a four-year, non/partially-guaranteed $3,627,102 contract.
- 9/13/16 — Signed Shaquille Harrison to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/14/16 — Signed Alec Brown (2014-50th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Gracin Bakumanya to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Derek Cooke Jr. to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/23/16 — Amended John Jenkins’ contract to non-guaranteed until 1/10/17.
- 10/24/16 – Picked up team options on Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
- 1/10/17 — Derrick Jones’ $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/27/17 — Signed Ronnie Price to a 10-day $91,274 contract.
- 2/6/17 — Signed Ronnie Price to a 10-day $91,274 contract.
- 2/23/17 — Traded a protected 2017 second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for Mike Scott, the rights to Cenk Akyol (2005-59th) and $500,000.
- 2/23/17 — Traded P.J. Tucker to Toronto Raptors for Jared Sullinger, two second-rounders and $1 million.
- 2/24/17 — Signed Ronnie Price for the rest of the season at $438.115.
- 3/19/17 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a 10-day $57,672 contract.
- 3/29/17 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a 10-day $57,672 contract.
Waived Players: Alec Brown, Gracin Bakumanya, Derek Cooke Jr., Shaquille Harrison, Archie Goodwin, John Jenkins, Jared Sullinger
Traded Players: P.J. Tucker
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Ronnie Price (two), Jarell Eddie
Head Coach: Earl Watson (three-year deal, starting for 2015-16 season)
Assistants: Jay Triano (associate head coach), Tyrone Corbin, Nate Bjorkgren, Marlon Garnett (assistant coach, player development coordinator), Scott Duncan (player development coach), Jason Fraser (player development coach), Mehmet Okur (player development coach), Jason Hervey (advance scout)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Ryan McDonough — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (P.J. Tucker).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Atlanta Hawks (Mike Scott)
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (P.J. Tucker).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $500,000 from Atlanta Hawks (Mike Scott); $1 million from Toronto Raptors (P.J. Tucker) — $2 million remaining
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Bubba Burrage general manager, Tyrone Ellis head coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/31/17)