Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $11.3-$21.1 million, depending primarily on Brandon Knight’s cap hold. Cap room could be even lower with holds for Brandan Wright and Gerald Green.
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Goran Dragic, expiring 2/19/16) — $4,532,500 (partially used on Jon Leuer)
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Gerald Green, Brandon Knight (restricted), Marcus Thornton, Brandan Wright
- Non-Bird: Earl Barron
First-Round Player Options: T.J. Warren (third-year), Alex Len (fourth-year), Reggie Bullock (fourth-year), Archie Goodwin (fourth-year)
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress
- 6/17/15 — Danny Granger opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Devin Booker with the 13th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Andrew Harrison (2015-44th) to Memphis Grizzlies for Jon Leuer.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Brandon Knight.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Devin Booker (2015-13th), Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th)
- Second-rounders: Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Jerel McNeal
SG: P.J. Tucker, Archie Goodwin
SF: Marcus Morris, T.J. Warren, Reggie Bullock, Danny Granger
PF: Markieff Morris, Jon Leuer
C: Alex Len
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (four-year deal starting 13/14, fourth-year team option)
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Tyler Zeller, Isaiah Thomas).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max):$0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $2,170,465 from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/15)