Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $15.8-33.8 million
- Room: $2,814,000
- Trade Exception (Markieff Morris, expiring 2/18/17) — $578,651 (partially used on John Jenkins)
Trade exception expires when team goes below the cap.
2016/17 Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
Draft Picks: 4th (lottery TBD), 13th (lottery TBD), 28th (from Cleveland Cavaliers), 34th
- Bird: Jon Leuer
- Early Bird: Charles Jenkins*
- Non-Bird: Mirza Teletovic, Ronnie Price, Chase Budinger, Byron Mullens*
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: P.J. Tucker ($5,300,000 — $1,500,000 guaranteed), John Jenkins ($1,050,961), Alan Williams ($874,636)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight
SG: Devin Booker, Archie Goodwin, John Jenkins
SF: P.J. Tucker, T.J. Warren
PF: Alex Len
C: Tyson Chandler, Alan Williams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Devin Booker ($2,319,360), T.J. Warren ($3,152,931)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Alex Len, Archie Goodwin
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/18/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Alan Williams.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — P.J. Tucker’s $5.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — John Jenkins’ $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 9/1/16 — Alan Williams’ $874,636 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Alex Len and Archie Goodwin.
- 10/31/16 – Team options on Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
- 2/18/17 — Markieff Morris $1.6 million TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alex Len, Archie Goodwin and Alan Williams.
- 7/11/17 — John Jenkins’ $1.2 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Devin Booker.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/19/16 — Hired Coach Earl Watson.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th)
- Second-rounders: Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Head Coach: Earl Watson (three-year deal, starting for 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Staff TBD, Bob Hill, Nate Bjorkgren (also player development coordinator), Corey Gaines, Jason Fraser (player development assistant)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- Mark West — Vice President of Player Relations
- Bubba Burrage — Director of Player Personnel
- Courtney White — Director of Scouting
- Antonio Williams — Scout
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-nine protected through 2021, unprotected in 2022) from Washington Wizards (Markieff Morris).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress
D-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (General Manager Bubba Burrage, Head Coach Nate Bjorkgren)
- Bogdan Bogdanovic — $996,700 (Unsigned first-rounder)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)