Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $19.2-34.8 million
- Room: $2,814,000
- Trade Exception (Markieff Morris, expiring 2/18/17) — $578,651 (partially used on John Jenkins)
Trade exception expires when team goes below the cap.
2016/17 Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Dragan Bender (2016-4th, cap hold $3,563,600), Marquese Chriss (2016-8th, cap hold $2,451,200)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Ulis (2016-34th), Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
- Bird: Jon Leuer
- Early Bird: Charles Jenkins*
- Non-Bird: Mirza Teletovic, Ronnie Price, Chase Budinger, Byron Mullens*
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: P.J. Tucker ($5,300,000 — $1,500,000 guaranteed), John Jenkins ($1,050,961), Alan Williams ($874,636)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight
SG: Devin Booker, Archie Goodwin, John Jenkins
SF: P.J. Tucker, T.J. Warren
PF: Alex Len
C: Tyson Chandler, Alan Williams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Devin Booker ($2,319,360), T.J. Warren ($3,152,931)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Alex Len, Archie Goodwin
- 6/30/16 — P.J. Tucker’s $5.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — John Jenkins’ $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 9/1/16 — Alan Williams’ $874,636 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Alex Len and Archie Goodwin.
- 10/31/16 – Team options on Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
- 2/18/17 — Markieff Morris $1.6 million TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alex Len, Archie Goodwin and Alan Williams.
- 7/11/17 — John Jenkins’ $1.2 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Devin Booker.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Warren.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/19/16 — Hired Coach Earl Watson.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Dragan Bender (4th) and Tyler Ulis (34th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded a 2020 Detroit Pistons second-rounder and the rights to three players — Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Skal Labissiere (28th) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th) to Sacramento Kings for the rights to Marquese Chriss (8th).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Earl Watson (three-year deal, starting for 2015/16 season)
Assistants (TBD): Jay Triano, Bob Hill, Nate Bjorkgren (also player development coordinator), Corey Gaines, Jason Fraser (player development assistant)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- Mark West — Vice President of Player Relations
- Bubba Burrage — Director of Player Personnel
- Courtney White — Director of Scouting
- Antonio Williams — Scout
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress
D-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (General Manager Bubba Burrage, Head Coach Nate Bjorkgren)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)