Quick: Up to $10.3 million under the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $21.9 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Derrick Jones $1,312,611
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Mike James (two-way), Tyler Ulis
SG: Devin Booker, Troy Daniels, Davon Reed (injured), Brandon Knight (injured)
SF: T.J. Warren, Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones
PF: Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Jared Dudley
C: Tyson Chandler, Alex Len, Greg Monroe, Alan Williams (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Bubba Burrage general manager, Tyler Gatlin head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Mike James (one-year), Alec Peters
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Alex Len (implicit)
Head Coach: Jay Triano (interim head coach)
Assistants: Tyrone Corbin, Marlon Garnett (assistant coach, player development coordinator), Scott Duncan (player development coach), Jason Hervey (advance scout), Tyrone Ellis, Bret Burchard, Brandon Rosenthal
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator), Jeff Fish (director of performance and head strength and conditioning coach)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Ryan McDonough — general manager
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- James Jones — vice president of basketball operations
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (11-16 range, 4-16 range in 2019, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Milwaukee Bucks (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-48 protected) from Milwaukee Bucks (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (P.J. Tucker).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Troy Daniels), may be from Miami Heat or Charlotte Hornets.
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Troy Daniels)
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Alan Williams.
- 12/23/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Alex Len.
- 1/10/18 – Derrick Jones’ $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/24/18 — Tyler Ulis’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Davon Reed’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — Alan Williams’ $5,520,000 guarantees for 2018-19 ($1 million can trigger earlier based on minute, weight and body incentives).
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Devin Booker.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson and Marquese Chriss.
- 1/10/19 – Derrick Jones’ $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Team options on Alan Williams, Tyler Ulis and Derek Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Devin Booker.
- 7/6/19 — Alan Williams’ $5,520,000 guarantees for 2019-20 ($1 million can trigger earlier based on minute, weight and body incentives).
- 7/10/19 — Davon Reed’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Josh Jackson.
- 1/10/20 — Derek Jones and Tyler Ulis’ $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Davon Reed.
- 7/10/20 — Davon Reed’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Jackson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offers to Alex Len and Alan Williams.
- 7/3/17 – Signed Josh Jackson (2017-4th) to a $27,171,282 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Davon Reed (2017-32nd) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $5,565,327 contract.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Mike James to a two-way contract.
- 7/6/17 — Renounced the rights to Ronnie Price.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Alan Williams to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $17,040,000 contract.
- 9/13/17 — Signed Peter Jok to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/14/17 — Signed Alec Peters (2017-54th) to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/21/17 — Signed Anthony Bennett to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 summer contract.
- 9/22/17 — Traded a protected 2018 second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies for Troy Daniels and a 2018 second-rounder.
- 9/23/17 — Signed Alex Len to a one-year, $4,187,599 contract (accepted qualifying offer).
- 9/26/17 — Signed T.J. Warren to a four-year, $47 million extension.
- 10/13/17 — Signed Tidjan Keita to a one-year, non-guaranteed, $815,615 contract.
- 10/17/17 — Picked up team options on Devin Booker, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss.
- 10/22/17 — Fired Earl Watson, Jay Triano named interim head coach.
- 11/7/17 — Traded Eric Bledsoe to Milwaukee Bucks for Greg Monroe, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a protected 2018 second-rounder.
Waived Players: Leandro Barbosa, Peter Jok, Anthony Bennett, Elijah Millsap, Tidjan Keita
Traded Players: Eric Bledsoe
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/8/17)