Phoenix Suns Team Salary
- Room: $2,732,000
- Trade Exception (Goran Dragic, expiring 2/19/16) — $5,500,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Eric Bledsoe, A.J. Price, Brandon Knight (injured)
SG: P.J. Tucker, Archie Goodwin, Gerald Green, Marcus Thornton
SF: Marcus Morris, T.J. Warren, Reggie Bullock, Danny Granger
PF: Markieff Morris
C: Alex Len, Brandan Wright, Earl Barron
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (four-year deal starting 13/14, fourth-year team option)
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Tyler Zeller, Isaiah Thomas).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic).
- 6/26/14 — Selected T.J. Warren (14th), Tyler Ennis (18th), Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th) and Alec Brown (50th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/14 — Made qualifying offers to Eric Bledsoe and P.J. Tucker.
- 6/30/14 — Channing Frye opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/14 — Removed Bogdan Bogdanovic from the cap (cannot sign him until July 2015).
- 7/12/14 — Traded the rights to Alex Oriakhi to the Sacramento Kings for Isaiah Thomas via sign and trade (four years, $27 million).
- 7/12/14 — Signed T.J. Warren to a $9.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/20/14 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a two-year, $6 million contract (second season $400k guaranteed).
- 7/23/14 — Signed P.J. Tucker to a $16.5 million, three-year contract (third season $1.5 million guaranteed).
- 8/7/14 — Signed Tyler Ennis to a $7.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 9/24/14 — Signed Eric Bledsoe to a five-year, $70 million contract.
- 9/24/14 — Invited Earl Baron to camp on a one-year, $1.3 million non-guaranteed contract.
- 9/24/14 — Invited Joe Jackson to camp on a one-year, $507k non-guarantee contract.
- 9/24/14 — Invited Casey Prather to camp on a one-year, $507k non-guarantee contract.
- 9/24/14 — Invited Jamil Wilson to camp on a one-year, $507k non-guarantee contract.
- 9/27/14 — Signed Zoran Dragic to a two-year, $3 million contract, plus signing bonus of $413k.
- 9/28/14 — Signed Markieff Morris to a four-year, $32 million extension.
- 9/28/14 — Signed Marcus Morris to a four-year, $20 million extension.
- 10/27/14 — Picked up Alex Len’s third-year option.
- 10/27/14 — Picked up Archie Goodwin’s third-year option.
- 10/27/14– Picked up Miles Plumlee’s fourth-year option.
- 12/24/14 — Traded Anthony Tolliver to Detroit Pistons for Tony Mitchell.
- 1/9/15 — Traded a Minnesota 2015 first-rounder for Brandan Wright.
- 1/15/15 — Traded Shavlik Randolph to Boston Celtics for Reggie Bullock from Los Angeles Clippers.
- 2/19/15 — Traded a 2015 first-rounder (Los Angeles Lakers) to Philadelphia 76ers and both Tyler Ennis and Miles Plumlee to Milwaukee Bucks for Brandon Knight and Kendall Marshall.
- 2/19/15 — Traded Isaiah Thomas to Boston Celtics for Marcus Thornton and a 2016 first-rounder (Cleveland Cavaliers).
- 2/19/15 — Traded Goran Dragic and Zoran Dragic to Miami HEAT for Danny Granger, $2.2 million in cash, a 2017 protected first-rounder and a 2021 first-rounder, along with John Salmons from New Orleans Pelicans.
- 2/20/15 — Signed Earl Barron to a $77.1k, 10-day contract.
- 3/3/15 — Signed Earl Barron to a $77.1k, 10-day contract.
- 3/11/15 — Signed Seth Curry to a $48.0k, 10-day contract.
- 3/13/15 — Signed Earl Barron for the remainder of the season at $262k.
- 3/21/15 — Signed A.J. Price to a $62.6k, 10-day contract.
Waived Players: Ish Smith, Dionte Christmas, Joe Jackson, Casey Prather, Jamil Wilson, Earl Barron, Tony Mitchell, Kendall Marshall, John Salmons, Seth Curry (expired 10-day)
- Bird: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th)
- Second-rounders: Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress – 2014-15, $7.3175 million
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $2,170,465 from Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/25/15)