Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $27.8 million, less if they keep Ryan Anderson.
Roster Count: Twelve guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Elie Okobo, De’Anthony Melton
SG: Josh Jackson, Jamal Crawford, Troy Daniels, George King (two-way), Devin Booker (injured)
SF: Mikal Bridges
PF: Trevor Ariza, Ryan Anderson, Dragan Bender, T.J. Warren (injured)
C: Deandre Ayton, Richaun Holmes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Richaun Holmes $1,600,520
- Room Exception: $3,500,000 (De’Anthony Melton)
Waived Players: Tyler Ulis, Alan Williams, Darrell Arthur, Shaquille Harrison, Davon Reed, Tyson Chandler, Isaiah Canaan
Traded Players: Jared Dudley, Marquese Chriss, Brandon Knight
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Devin Booker (7/7/19)
G-League Affiliate: Northern Arizona Suns (Louis Lehman general manager, Burt Burchard coach)
Two-Way Contracts: George King
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Igor Kokoskov
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Corliss Williamson, Jamelle McMillan, Jason Staudt, Cody Toppert (director of player development), Devin Smith (player development coach)
Trainer: Aaron Nelson, Quinton Sawyer (assistant athletic trainer, sports science coordinator), Jeff Fish (director of performance and head strength and conditioning coach)
- Lon Babby — president of basketball operations
- Trevor Bukstein — assistant general manager
- James Jones — vice president of basketball operations
- Pat Connelly — assistant general manager
- Mark West — vice president of player relations
- Bubba Burrage — director of player personnel
- Courtney Witte –director of scouting
- Antonio Williams — scout
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (4-16 range, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Milwaukee Bucks (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Jared Dudley).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Richaun Holmes)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restriction lift on Trevor Ariza.
- 1/5/19 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 1/15/19 — Last day to sign a player to a two-way contract.
- 1/16/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jamal Crawford.
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Shaquille Harrison.
- 7/7/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Devin Booker.
- 7/10/19 — Ryan Anderson’s $21,264,635 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline for Dragan Bender.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Josh Jackson, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for De’Anthony Melton and Dragan Bender.
- 7/10/20 — Elie Okobo’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Elie Okobo.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Jackson.
- 7/10/21 — Elie Okobo’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Deandrea Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 5/2/18 — Hired Coach Igor Kokoskov.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Deandre Ayton (1st), Zhaire Smith (16th) and Elie Okobo (31st)
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Zhaire Smith (2018-16th) and a Miami HEAT 2021 first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Mikal Bridges (2018-10th).
- 7/1/18 — Renounced the rights to Alex Len, Elfrid Payton, Alec Peters and Danuel House.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Deandre Ayton (2018-1st) to a $40,379,230 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Mikal Bridges (2018-10th) to a $17,630,685 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/18 — Signed George King (2018-59th) to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Elie Okobo (2018-31st) to a four-year, $6,121,234 contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Trevor Ariza to a one-year $15 million contract.
- 7/7/18 — Signed Devin Booker to a maximum contract extension projected to be $158,050,000.
- 7/14/18 — Davon Reed’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/20/18 — Traded Jared Dudley and a protected 2021 second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets for Darrell Arthur.
- 7/20/18 — Traded $1 million to Philadelphia 76ers for Richaun Holmes.
- 8/1/18 — Shaquille Harrison’s salary guaranteed at $50,000.
- 8/3/18 — Signed Isaiah Canaan to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 summer contract.
- 8/31/18 — Traded Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss to Houston Rockets for Ryan Anderson and the rights to De’Anthony Melton (2018-46th).
- 9/21/18 — Signed De’Anthony Melton (2018-46th) to a two-year $2,365,852 contract.
- 10/8/18 — Fired general manager Ryan McDonough.
- 10/16/18 — Picked up the team option on Josh Jackson.
- 10/16/18 — Signed Jamal Crawford to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Dragan Bender.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Arena: Talking Stick Resort Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/6/18)