- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Phoenix Suns Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Alex Len, Miles Plumlee, Archie Goodwin
- Room: $2,732,000
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed
PG: Goran Dragic, Isaiah Thomas
SG: Gerald Green, Archie Goodwin
SF: P.J. Tucker, Marcus Morris, T.J. Warren
PF: Markieff Morris, Anthony Tolliver, Shavlik Randolph
C: Miles Plumlee, Alex Len
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected T.J. Warren (14th), Tyler Ennis (18th), Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th) and Alec Brown (50th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/14 — Made qualifying offers to Eric Bledsoe and P.J. Tucker.
- 6/30/14 — Channing Frye opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/14 — Removed Bogdan Bogdanovic from the cap (cannot sign him until July 2015).
- 7/12/14 — Traded the rights to Alex Oriakhi to the Sacramento Kings for Isaiah Thomas via sign and trade (four years, $27 million).
- 7/12/14 — Signed T.J. Warren to a $ million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/20/14 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a two-year, $6 million contract (second season $400k guaranteed).
- 7/23/14 — Signed P.J. Tucker to a $16.5 million, three-year contract (third season $1.5 million guaranteed).
Waived Players: Ish Smith, Dionte Christmas
- Bird: Emeka Okafor*, Eric Bledsoe (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Leandro Barbosa
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Tyler Ennis (2014-18th), Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th)
- Second-rounders: Alec Brown (2014-50th), Dwayne Collins (2010-60th), Milos Vujanic (2002-36th), Ron Ellis (1992-49th)
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (four-year deal starting 13/14, fourth-year team option)
- Lon Babby — President of Basketball Operations
- Ryan McDonough — General Manager
- Trevor Bukstein — Assistant General Manager
- Pat Connelly — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 — Owed first-rounder (top-12 protected in 2015 and 2016, else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson).
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) from Los Angeles Lakers (Steve Nash).
- 2015 — If protections on a 2014 second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors kick in, the Milwaukee Bucks will get the higher 2015 second-rounder between the Raptors and Suns — the Raptors would get the lower of the two (Sebastian Telfair, James Johnson, Eric Bledsoe)
Amnesty: Used on Josh Childress – 2014-15, $7.3175 million
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/25/14)