On Saturday, Golden State Warriors forward Andrew Wiggins signed a four-year, $109 million contract extension with the team. The All-Star veteran enjoys playing in the Bay Area.
Wiggins’ re-signing came as a surprise to some fans, considering he could have received a larger contract next summer during free agency.
While on 95.7 The Game, the forward explained his decision to re-sign. “You never know what the future holds,” said Wiggins. “I’m happy here. We have the chance to do something special. I believe in the guys, the organization.”
According to some NBA betting sites, the Warriors are the top favorite to win the championship in 2023. But a few sportsbooks are showing higher odds for the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers.
Andrew Wiggins on signing a four-year, $109 million extension with Warriors, when he could have got more money next summer in free agency:
"You never know what the future holds. I’m happy here. We have the chance to do something special. … I have no regrets
— 95.7 The Game (@957thegame) October 16, 2022
“So, we have a deal done and I’m happy about it,” continued Wiggins. “I have no regrets.”
Wiggins was selected first overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2014 NBA Draft. Though, a few months later, the Cavs traded the Kansas product to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
He played his first six seasons with Minnesota before being dealt to Golden State. In 82 starts of his rookie 2014-15 season, Wiggins logged 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 1 steal per contest.
The wing won NBA Rookie of the Year and was selected to the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
Warriors forward Andrew Wiggins enjoys playing in the Bay Area, thrilled to win a championship
In 2020, the Timberwolves traded the Canadian-born star to the Warriors.
During the 2021-22 season, in 73 starts, Wiggins averaged 17.2 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1 steal per game. He also shot 46.6% from the field and 39.3% from 3-point range.
The forward received his first All-Star selection last season as well.
Warriors sign Andrew Wiggins to multi-year contract extension: pic.twitter.com/mRH2QCoyQt
— Warriors PR (@WarriorsPR) October 15, 2022
During the 2022 NBA Finals, Wiggins recorded 18.3 points, 8.8 boards, and 2.2 assists per game against the Boston Celtics. Plus, he shot 44.6% from the floor and 29.7% from downtown.
Warriors G.M. Bob Myers also commented on the move. “Andrew has been a terrific fit for our team since his arrival in the Bay Area almost three years ago,” explained Myers.”
“His first-ever championship last season earned him the admiration of many around the league and solidified his stature as an impactful two-way player in the NBA.”
“We’re excited that he’ll be a part of our team for the next several years.”
Andrew Wiggins is a solid addition to the Warriors defensively. Along with Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Jordan Poole, and Stephen Curry, the team is set to make another playoff run in the 2022-23 season.
Of course, the team has to stay healthy for another season.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Could Tom Thibodeau’s Time With The Knicks Be Ending Soon?
- Nuggets guard Jamal Murray says ‘the confidence is starting to come back’
- LeBron James: ‘I don’t have to rely on super-duper athleticism to be effective’
- NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: Kyrie Irving Over 22.5 Points Leads Our Best Bets
- Heat guard Jimmy Butler (questionable) expected to play vs. Celtics
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 2 weeks ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
Headlines 1 week ago
Nuggets center Nikola Jokic doubtful against Detroit