The Golden State Warriors are exercising the fourth-year option of James Wiseman and third-year options of Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody before today’s deadline, according to sources.
Wiseman’s $12,119,440 club option for the 2023-24 season was picked up. This is part of the four-year, $39.62 million rookie scale contract he signed with the team in 2020.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Warriors now have the third-highest odds to win another championship in 2023. A few sportsbooks dropped their odds. At the moment, the Milwaukee Bucks are the favorite to win the title.
The Warriors are picking up the fourth year option on James Wiseman and the third year options on Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody before today's deadline, I'm told.
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) October 31, 2022
His salary this season is $9,603,360. The Memphis product was selected second overall by the Warriors in the 2020 NBA Draft.
During his rookie 2020-21 season, in 39 appearances, the center averaged 11.5 points and 5.8 rebounds. In addition to logging 21.4 minutes per game, he also shot 51.9% from the field.
Wiseman missed all of last season due to a knee injury. Through seven games off the bench this season, the center is averaging 8.7 points and 4.4 boards while shooting 62.5% from the floor.
Warriors pick up fourth-year option on James Wiseman, third-year options on Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody
Next, Jonathan Kuminga’s $6,012,840 team option for the 2023-24 season was exercised. After the Warriors selected the forward seventh overall in last year’s draft, Kuminga inked a two-year, $24.86 million rookie scale contract.
His salary this season is $5,739,840.
In 70 appearances of the 2021-22 season, the forward recorded 9.3 points and 3.3 rebounds per contest. The former G League Ignite star made starts in only 12 games with Golden State.
Of course, through six games off the bench this season, Kuminga is averaging 2.7 points and 1.8 boards in 10.8 minutes. Warriors coach Steve Kerr is limiting his time right now.
As for Moses Moody, the guard’s $3,918,480 team option for the 2023-24 season was picked up. Moody signed a four-year, $17.02 million rookie deal with the Warriors last August.
He will make $3,740,160 this season with the team.
Golden State selected the guard 14th overall in the 2021 NBA Draft.
During his rookie season, Moody averaged 4.4 points and 1.5 boards in 52 appearances. Not to mention, he shot 43.7% from the field and 36.4% from 3-point range.
Seven games off the bench this season, the guard is logging 6.4 points and 2.4 rebounds per contest. While averaging 17 minutes, Moody is shooting 15-of-38 (39.5%) from the floor and 9-of-25 (36%) from downtown.
Golden State is currently 3-4. The Warriors have not yet won a game on the road this season. For their next game, Golden State plays the Miami Heat at FTX Arena on Tuesday night.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Philadelphia Targeting Return For James Harden Next Monday vs Houston
- Charles Barkley: ‘If Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is not starting in the All-Star Game, we’re not gonna let the public vote again’
- Cavaliers will not rush Ricky Rubio back, no return date set
- Chicago Bulls And Lonzo Ball ‘Hopeful’ For His Return In Early 2023
- Warriors’ Stephen Curry on travel vs. Mavericks: ‘I didn’t think it was a travel’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: De’Aaron Fox Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Leads Our Best Bets
NBA 7 days ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest