Golden State Warriors Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $57.0 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Zaza Pachulia)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson, Ian Clark
SF: Pat McCaw, Andre Iguodala, Matt Barnes, Kevin Durant (injured)
PF: Draymond Green, David West, James McAdoo, Kevon Looney
C: Zaza Pachulia, JaVale McGee, Damian Jones
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for James McAdoo.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kevon Looney and Damian Jones.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Pat McCaw.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Damian Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Damian Jones.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Damian Jones (30th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded $2.4 million to Milwaukee Bucks for rights to Pat McCaw (38th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers to Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 6/30/16 — Guaranteed Shaun Livingston’s $5.8 million for 2016/17.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offers to Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Harrison Barnes, James McAdoo, Ognjen Kuzmic, Festus Ezeli, Ian Clark, Jermaine O’Neal, Leandro Barbosa, Anderson Varejao and Marreese Speights.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Andrew Bogut to Dallas Mavericks for a protected 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Pat McCaw (2016-38th) to a two-year $1.4 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kevin Durant to a two-year, $54.3 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ian Clark to a one-year contract, $1 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Signed David West to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year, $3 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed James McAdoo to a one-year, $1 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Damian Jones (2016-30th) to a $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Anderson Varejao to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 8/10/16 — Signed Elliot Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,227,286 contract ($250,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed JaVale McGee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,403,611 contract.
- 9/12/16 — Signed Phil Pressey to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,015,696 contract ($35,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed Cameron Jones to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed Elgin Cook to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 9/22/16 — Signed Scott Wood to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 10/23/16 — Picked up team option on Kevon Looney.
- 1/10/17 — JaVale McGee’s $1,403,611 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/4/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a 10-day $51,449 contract.
- 2/14/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a 12-day $61,739 contract.
- 3/1/17 — Signed Jose Calderon for the rest of the season at $392,478.
- 3/2/17 — Signed Matt Barnes for the rest of the season at $383,351.
Waived Players: Elgin Cook, Scott Wood, Elliot Williams, Cameron Jones, Phil Pressey, Anderson Varejao, Jose Calderon (claimed by Atlanta Hawks)
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Briante Weber (two)
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (assistant coach/player development), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Travis Schlenk — vice president of basketball/assistant general managers
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Jerry West — executive board member
- David Kelly — general counsel and vice president, basketball management and strategy
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala), may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Tibor Pleiss) or Atlanta Hawks (Ersan Ilyasova).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Andre Iguodala — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (Head Coach Casey Hill)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/7/17)