Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the D’Angelo Russell sign and trade. Repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): None
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: D’Angelo Russell, Ky Bowman (two-way), Stephen Curry (injured)
SG: Damion Lee, Jordan Poole, Jacob Evans, Klay Thompson (injured)
SF: Glenn Robinson III, Alec Burks
PF: Draymond Green, Eric Paschall, Omari Spellman, Alen Smailagic
C: Willie Cauley-Stein, Marquese Chriss (two-way) Kevon Looney (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Andre Iguodala, expiring 7/7/20) — $17,185,185
- Trade Exception (Kevin Durant, expiring 7/7/20) — $869,699
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 7/8/20) — $1,597,100
- Trade Exception (Trevon Graham, expiring 7/8/20) — $1,597,100
- Trade Exception (Damian Jones, expiring 7/8/20) — $407,257
- Mid-Level Exception — $4,441,570 (Willie Cauley-Stein, Alen Smailagic, Eric Paschall, Damion Lee)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Shaun Livingston (stretched), Julian Washburn (two-way), Devyn Marble, Andrew Harrison, Kavion Pippen, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Jared Cunningham Nick Zeisloft, Alfonzo McKinnie (claimed by the Cleveland Cavaliers), Marquese Chriss
Traded Players: Andre Iguodala, Kevin Durant (sign and trade), Damian Jones, Shabazz Napier, Treveon Graham
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: Ky Bowman, Marquese Chriss
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development), Aaron Miles (player development coach), Theo Robertson (player development coach), Luke Loucks (player development coach), Seth Cooper (player development coach)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance) Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Rick Welts — president and chief operating officer
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Mike Dunleavy Jr. — assistant general manager
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- Zaza Pachulia — consultant
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise conveys as a 2025 second-rounder) to the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Durant).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets or Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Eric Paschall).
- 2024 — Owe first-rounder (top-4 protected in 2024, top-1 protected in 2025 and unprotected in 2026) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala); $3.6 million to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Treveon Graham/Shabazz Napier) — $17,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): None
- 2/3/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Draymond Green.
- 6/29/20 — Player option for Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 7/7/20 — The Kevin Durant and Andre Iguodala trade exceptions expire.
- 7/8/20 — The Shabazz Napier, Treveon Graham and Damian Jones trade exceptions expire.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman and Jordan Poole.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Kevon Looney.
- 7/6/21 — Alen Smailagic’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before the first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadlines for Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Jordan Poole.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Omari Spellman, Eric Paschall and Jacob Evans.
- 7/6/22 — Alen Smailagic’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before the first day of the 2022 season — Extension deadline for Jordan Poole.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jordan Poole.
- TBD — Damion Lee’s guarantee detail.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Jordan Poole (28th), Eric Paschall (41st) and Miye Oni (58th).
- 6/20/19 — Traded 2021 and 2023 second-rounders and $1,000,000 to the New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Alen Smailagic (39th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Miye Oni (58th) to the Utah Jazz for $2,000,000.
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Jordan Bell.
- 6/29/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Quinn Cook.
- 7/2/19 — Withdrew Quinn Cook’s qualifying offer.
- 7/4/19 — Signed Jordan Poole (2019-28th) to a $10,090,879 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Andre Iguodala and a protected 2024 first-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies for Julian Washburn.
- 7/7/19 — Sent Kevin Durant (via sign and trade) and a protected 2020 first-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets for D’Angelo Russell (also via sign and trade), Treveon Graham and Shabazz Napier.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Shabazz Napier, Treveon Graham and $3.6 million to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the rights to Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th).
- 7/8/19 — Signed Willie Cauley-Stein to a two-year $4,463,840 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Alen Smailagic (2019-39th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $6,129,593 minimum contract.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Eric Paschall (2019-41st) to a three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/8/19 — Traded Damian Jones and a 2026 second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks for Omari Spellman.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a one-year $1,882,867 minimum contract.
- 7/10/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Jordan Bell.
- 7/10/19 — Waived and stretched Shaun Livingston.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Klay Thompson to a five-year $189,903,600 contract.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Alec Burks to a one-year $2,320,044 minimum contract.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed Kevon Looney to a three-year $14,464,287 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/23/19 — Signed Ky Bowman to a two-way contract.
- 7/29/19 — Re-signed Damion Lee to a two-way contract.
- 8/3/19 — Signed Draymond Green to a four-year $99,666,360 extension.
- 8/9/19 — Signed Devyn Marble to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 8/31/19 — Signed Andrew Harrison to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/19 — Signed Juan Toscano-Anderson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/30/19 — Signed Marquese Chriss to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/5/19 — Waived Devyn Marble.
- 10/5/19 — Signed Kavion Pippen to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Andrew Harrison, Kavion Pippen and Juan Toscano-Anderson.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Jared Cunningham to a $1,737,145 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Nick Zeisloft to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Alfonzo McKinnie, Jared Cunningham and Nick Zeisloft.
- 10/30/19 — Picked up Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans’ third-year rookie-scale options.
- 1/7/20 — Waived Marquese Chriss.
- 1/15/20 –Signed Damion Lee to a partially-guaranteed $4,515,983 contract, ending his two-way.
- 1/15/20 — Signed Marquese Chriss to a two-way contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Klay Thompson — 15 percent
- Draymond Green — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Damion Lee (signing restriction), Marquese Chriss (signing restriction)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: David West** ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Andrew Bogut ($1,620,564), Jonas Jerebko ($1,620,564), Matt Barnes** ($1,620,564), Marcus Derrickson (two-way)
** Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th), Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Arena: Oracle Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/21/20)