Quick: Currently over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $20.7 million, none with the rights to Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, etc.
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston, Quinn Cook
SG: Klay Thompson, Jacob Evans
SF: Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Alfonzo McKinnie, Damion Lee (two-way)
PF: Draymond Green, Jonas Jerebko, Marcus Derrickson (two-way)
C: Kevon Looney, Jordan Bell, DeMarcus Cousins (injured), Damian Jones (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (DeMarcus Cousins)
Waived Players: Chris Boucher (two-way), Will Cherry, Tyler Ulis (claimed by Chicago Bulls), Deyonta Davis, Danuel House, Kendrick Nunn
Traded Players: None
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Kevin Durant (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: Damion Lee, Marcus Derrickson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance) Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Rick Welts — president and chief operating officer
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets or Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Bell, Alfonzo McKinnie and Quinn Cook.
- 6/30/19 — Shaun Livingston’s $7,692,308 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before the first day of the 2019 season — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jacob Evans.
- 1/10/20 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Damian Jones and Alfonzo McKinnie.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Jacob Evans.
- Before the first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadline for Jacob Evans.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jacob Evans.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Jacob Evans (28th).
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Pat McCaw.
- 6/30/18 — Kevin Durant opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Jacob Evans (2018-28th) to a $9,228,703 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed DeMarcus Cousins to an estimated one-year $5,337,000 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Re-signed Kevin Durant to a two-year $61.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/18 — Re-signed Kevon Looney to a one-year $1,567,007 contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Damion Lee to a two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Kendrick Nunn to an $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Coach Steve Kerr to a contract extension.
- 8/13/18 — Signed Marcus Derrickson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed Danuel House to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 9/5/18 — Signed Alonzo McKinnie to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/18 — Signed Tyler Ulis to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 10/8/18 — Signed Will Cherry to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/11/18 — Converted Alfonzo McKinnie to a two-way contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a non-guaranteed $2,937,614 minimum contract.
- 10/13/18 — Converted Marcus Derrickson to a two-way contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up the team option on Damian Jones.
- 1/10/19 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,349,383 guaranteed for 2018-19.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- David West ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Matt Barnes* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Arena: Oracle Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/16/19)