Golden State Warriors Team Salary
Estimated Salaries: JaVale McGee
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $59.5 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Zaza Pachulia)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Elliot Williams ($1,227,286 — $250,000 guaranteed), JaVale McGee ($1,403,611 — TBD guaranteed)
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson, Ian Clark, Pat McCaw, Elliot Williams
SF: Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala
PF: Draymond Green, David West, James McAdoo, Kevon Looney (injured)
C: Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao, Damian Jones, JaVale McGee
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kevon Looney ($1,233,840)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
Eligible for Restructuring: Andre Iguodala, Stephen Curry
- 10/25/16 — Elliot Williams’ $1,227,286 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kevon Looney.
- 12/15/16 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Kevin Durant, JaVale McGee, Elliot Williams, Ian Clark, James McAdoo, Anderson Varejao and Zaza Pachulia.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline for restructuring Stephen Curry, Andre Iguodala’s contracts.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for James McAdoo.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kevon Looney and Damian Jones.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Pat McCaw.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Damian Jones.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Damian Jones.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Damian Jones (30th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded $2.4 million to Milwaukee Bucks for rights to Pat McCaw (38th).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers to Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 6/30/16 — Guaranteed Shaun Livingston’s $5.8 million for 2016/17.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offers to Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Harrison Barnes, James McAdoo, Ognjen Kuzmic, Festus Ezeli, Ian Clark, Jermaine O’Neal, Leandro Barbosa, Anderson Varejao and Marreese Speights.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Andrew Bogut to Dallas Mavericks for a protected 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Pat McCaw (2016-38th) to a two-year $1.4 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kevin Durant to a two-year, $54.3 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ian Clark to a one-year contract, $1 million contract.
- 7/9/16 — Signed David West to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year, $3 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed James McAdoo to a one-year, $1 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Damian Jones (2016-30th) to a $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Anderson Varejao to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 8/10/16 — Signed Elliot Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,227,286 contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign JaVale McGee to a one-year, non-guaranteed (TBD) $1,403,611 contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Ian Clark (implicit), James McAdoo (implicit), Anderson Varejao (implicit)
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (player development), Keke Lyles (player performance), Steve Nash (player development consultant), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development)
Trainer: Lachlan Penfold, Drew Yoder (assistant), Chelsea Lane (head performance therapist)
- Bob Myers — General Manager
- Travis Schlenk — Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel
- Kirk Lacob — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Riley — Director of Scouting
- Larry Harris — Basketball Consultant/Scout
- Manager of Scouting — Patrick Sund
- Executive Board Member — Jerry West
- Larry Harris — Director of Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Andre Iguodala — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Charlie Bell.
D-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (Head Coach Casey Hill)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/24/16)