Golden State Warriors Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$17.3 million
- Trade Exception (David Lee, expiring 7/27/16) — $5,387,825
- Trade Exception (Gerald Wallace, expiring 7/31/16) — $3,197,170
Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
Draft Picks: 30th
- Bird: Harrison Barnes (restricted), Marreese Speights, Festus Ezeli (restricted)
- Early Bird: James McAdoo (restricted), Brandon Rush, Leandro Barbosa, Ognjen Kuzmic*
- Non-Bird: Ian Clark, Anderson Varejao, Jermaine O’Neal*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Shaun Livingston ($5,782,450 — $3,000,000 guaranteed)
Qualifying Offers: Harrison Barnes ($5,194,227), Festus Ezeli ($3,013,123), Ian Clark ($1,215,696), James McAdoo ($1,180,431)
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Andre Iguodala
PF: Draymond Green, Kevon Looney (injured)
C: Andrew Bogut
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kevon Looney ($1,233,840)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 5/22/16 — Anderson Varejao trade restriction lifts.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Shaun Livingston’s $5.8 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for James McAdoo, Ian Clark, Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/27/16 — David Lee $5.4 million trade exception expires.
- 7/31/16 — Gerald Wallace $3.2 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kevon Looney.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Luke Walton, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (player development), Keke Lyles (player performance), Steve Nash (player development consultant)
Trainer: Lachlan Penfold, Drew Yoder (assistant), Chelsea Lane (head performance therapist)
- Bob Myers — General Manager
- Travis Schlenk — Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel
- Kirk Lacob — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Riley — Director of Scouting
- Larry Harris — Basketball Consultant/Scout
- Manager of Scouting — Patrick Sund
- Executive Board Member — Jerry West
- Larry Harris — Director of Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $1.0 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Thompson)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Andre Iguodala — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Charlie Bell.
D-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (Head Coach Casey Hill)
- Jermaine O’Neal — $2,400,000 (Non-Bird rights)
- Ognjen Kuzmic — $980,431 (Early Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)