Quick: Currently over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Nick Young)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Matt Barnes ($1,471,382)
- Georges Niang $1,312,611
- Michael Gbinije $815,615
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson, Nick Young, Michael Gbinije
SF: Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Pat McCaw, Georges Niang
PF: Draymond Green, David West, Omri Casspi, Kevon Looney
C: Zaza Pachulia, JaVale McGee, Damian Jones, Jordan Bell
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors
Two-Way Contracts: Chris Boucher (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
No-Trade: David West (implicit), Zaza Pachulia (implicit), JaVale McGee (implicit)
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (assistant coach/player development), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- David Kelly — general counsel and vice president, basketball management and strategy
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kevon Looney and Damian Jones.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on JaVale McGee, Michael Gbinije, Georges Niang, David West, Kevin Durant, Omri Casspi, Andre Iguodala, Andre Iguodala and Nick Young.
- 1/10/18 — Michael Gbinije and Georges Niang’s $1,312,611 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Stephen Curry.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Michael Gbinije, Georges Niang and Pat McCaw.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Damian Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Damian Jones.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Traded $3.5 million to Chicago Bulls for the rights to Jordan Bell (38th)
- 6/30/17 — Kevin Durant opted out of his contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Nick Young to an estimated one-year, $5.2 million contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Stephen Curry to a five-year, $201,158,790 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Kevin Durant to a two-year, $51,250,000 contract (player option on second season).
- 7/6/17 — Signed David West to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Shaun Livingston to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $24 million contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Jordan Bell (2017-38th) to a two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Zaza Pachulia to a one-year, $3,477,600 contract.
- 7/11/17 — Signed Andre Iguodala to a three-year, $48 million contract.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Omri Casspi to a one-year, $2,06,470 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Chris Boucher to a two-way contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed JaVale McGee to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 8/14/17 — Signed Georges Niang to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/14/17 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/29/17 — Signed Michael Gbinije to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 9/21/17 — Signed Alex Hamilton to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
Waived Players: Antonius Cleveland, Alex Hamilton
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Arena: Oracle Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/17)