Quick: Currently over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston, Quinn Cook
SG: Klay Thompson, Nick Young, Pat McCaw (injured)
SF: Kevin Durant (PO), Andre Iguodala
PF: Draymond Green, David West, Chris Boucher (two-way)
C: JaVale McGee, Kevon Looney, Jordan Bell, Zaza Pachulia, Damian Jones
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Kevin Durant (PO, $32,500,000, early Bird)
- Nick Young ($6,230,400, non-Bird)
- Zaza Pachulia ($4,520,880, early Bird)
- David West ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- JaVale McGee ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Kevon Looney ($2,227,081, limited Bird)
- Pat McCaw (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, Arenas Rule)
- Matt Barnes* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Draft Picks: 28th (cap hold $1,442,149), 48th to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,291,918
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Stephen Curry (signing restriction until 7/6/18), Quinn Cook (signing restriction until 7/10/18)
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: Chris Boucher
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (assistant coach/player development), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- David Kelly — general counsel and vice president, basketball management and strategy
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut), Mavericks can delay pick to 2020.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Pat McCaw.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Kevin Durant.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Stephen Curry.
- 7/10/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Quinn Cook.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Damian Jones.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Bell and Quinn Cook
- 6/30/19 — Shaun Livingston’s $7,692,308 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before the first day of the 2019 season — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Damian Jones.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Oracle Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)