Quick: Currently over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston, Quinn Cook
SG: Klay Thompson, Jacob Evans, Kendrick Nunn
SF: Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Jonas Jerebko, Damion Lee (two-way)
PF: Draymond Green, Kevon Looney
C: Jordan Bell, Damian Jones, DeMarcus Cousins (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Nick Young ($6,230,400, non-Bird)
- David West ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Pat McCaw (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, Arenas Rule)
- Matt Barnes* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Kendrick Nunn $838,464
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (DeMarcus Cousins)
Waived Players: Chris Boucher (two-way)
Traded Players: None
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Kevin Durant (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: Damion Lee
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (assistant coach/player development), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- David Kelly — general counsel and vice president, basketball management and strategy
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected, unprotected in 2020) from Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut). Warriors have option in 2019 to delay conveyance to 2020.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut), Mavericks can delay pick to 2020.
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/10/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Quinn Cook.
- 7/31/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jacob Evans.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Damian Jones.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant, Jonas Jerebko, Kendrick Nunn and Kevon Looney.
- 1/10/19 — Kendrick Nunn’s $838,646 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Bell and Quinn Cook
- 6/30/19 — Shaun Livingston’s $7,692,308 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before the first day of the 2019 season — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jacob Evans.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Damian Jones.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Jacob Evans.
- Before the first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadline for Jacob Evans.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jacob Evans.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Jacob Evans (28th).
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Pat McCaw.
- 6/30/18 — Kevin Durant opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Jacob Evans (2018-28th) to a $9,228,703 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed DeMarcus Cousins to an estimated one-year $5,337,000 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Re-signed Kevin Durant to a two-year $61.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/18 — Re-signed Kevon Looney to a one-year $1,567,007 contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Damion Lee to a two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Kendrick Nunn to an $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Coach Steve Kerr to a contract extension.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Oracle Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)