Quick: Currently over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $20.8 million, none with the rights to Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, etc.
Roster Count: Five guaranteed, one player option, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Andre Iguodala, Jacob Evans
SF: Alfonzo McKinnie
PF: Draymond Green
C: Damian Jones
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Kevin Durant (PO), Klay Thompson ($28,483,088), Kevon Looney ($1,618,486)
- Early Bird: Quinn Cook (RFA*, $1,931,189), Jordan Bell (RFA*, $1,818,486), David West** ($1,618,486)
- Non-Bird: DeMarcus Cousins ($6,404,400), Andrew Bogut ($1,618,486), Jonas Jerebko ($1,618,486), Matt Barnes** ($1,618,486), Damion Lee (two-way), Marcus Derrickson (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
** Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Shaun Livingston $7,692,308 ($2,000,000 guaranteed)
- Alfonzo McKinnie $1,588,231
2019 Draft Picks: 28th, 58th
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser), Willie Green (assistant coach/player development), Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance) Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Rick Welts — president and chief operating officer
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — vice president of GSW Sports Ventures/assistant general manager
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets or Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Bell, Alfonzo McKinnie and Quinn Cook.
- 6/30/19 — Shaun Livingston’s $7,692,308 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- Before the first day of the 2019 season — Extension deadline for Damian Jones.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jacob Evans.
- 1/10/20 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Damian Jones and Alfonzo McKinnie.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Jacob Evans.
- Before the first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadline for Jacob Evans.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jacob Evans.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Oracle Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)