Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the D’Angelo Russell sign and trade. Repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Ky Bowman
SG: Klay Thompson, Damion Lee, Jordan Poole, Mychal Mulder
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Juan Toscano-Anderson
PF: Draymond Green, Eric Paschall, Alen Smailagic
C: Kevon Looney, Marquese Chriss
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Andre Iguodala, expiring 10/24/20) — $17,185,185
- Trade Exception (Kevin Durant, expiring 10/24/20) — $869,699
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 10/25/20) — $1,597,100
- Trade Exception (Trevon Graham, expiring 10/25/20) — $1,597,100
- Trade Exception (Damian Jones, expiring 10/25/20) — $407,257
- Trade Exception (Willie Cauley-Stein, expiring 1/25/21) — $2,177,483
- Trade Exception (Jacob Evans, expiring 2/6//21) — $1,925,880
- Trade Exception (Omari Spellman, expiring 2/6//21) — $1,897,800
- Trade Exception (Alec Burks, expiring 2/6//21) — $1,620,564
- Trade Exception (Glenn Robinson III, expiring 2/5/21) — $1,620,564
- Estimated Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $6,025,000
2020 NBA Draft*: 1st ($10,281,360 cap hold), 48th from the Dallas Mavericks (Alec Burks), 54th from the Utah Jazz (Willie Cauley-Stein); 31st to the Dallas Mavericks (Chinanu Onuaku)
* Lottery/Standings TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th), Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Marquese Chriss $1,824,003 ($800,000 guaranteed) — 7/15/20 (revised date TBD)
- Damion Lee $1,762,796 ($600,000 guaranteed) — 1/10/21 (revised date TBD)
- Ky Bowman $1,517,981 — 1/10/21 (revised date TBD)
- Juan Toscano-Anderson $1,517,981 — 1/10/21 (revised date TBD)
- Mychal Mulder $1,517,981 (TBD)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds**)
- Early Bird: David West* ($1,707,576)
- Non-Bird: Andrew Bogut* ($1,707,576), Jonas Jerebko* ($1,707,576), Matt Barnes* ($1,707,576)
* Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
** Estimated, pending the 2020-21 salary-cap figure.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development), Aaron Miles (player development coach), Theo Robertson (player development coach), Luke Loucks (player development coach), Seth Cooper (player development coach)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance) Chelsea Lane (head of physical performance and sports medicine), Roger Sancho (assistant trainer)
- Rick Welts — president and chief operating officer
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Mike Dunleavy Jr. — assistant general manager
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- Zaza Pachulia — consultant
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Kyle Korver, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Willie Cauley-Stein).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel, Alec Burks).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise conveys as a 2025 second-rounder) to the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Durant).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets or Dallas Mavericks (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2021 — Owed first-rounder (top-three prote3cted, unprotected in 2022) from the Minnesota Timberwolves (D’Angelo Russell).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Minnesota Timberwolves (D’Angelo Russell).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler, Alec Burks).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson, Alec Burks).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets (Eric Paschall, Clint Capela).
- 2024 — Owe first-rounder (top-4 protected in 2024, top-1 protected in 2025 and unprotected in 2026) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala); $3.6 million to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Treveon Graham/Shabazz Napier) — $17,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): None
- 7/15/20 — Marquese Chriss’ $1,824,003 guarantees for 2020-21 (revised date TBD).
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- 10/24/20 — Kevin Durant and Andre Iguodala trade exceptions expire.
- 10/25/20 — Shabazz Napier, Treveon Graham and Damian Jones trade exceptions expire.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Jordan Poole (revised date TBD).
- 1/10/21 — Damion Lee’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2020-21 (revised date TBD).
- 1/10/21 — Ky Bowman and Juan Toscano-Anderson’s $1,517,981 guarantee for 2020-21 (revised date TBD).
- 1/25/21 — Willie Cauley-Stein trade exception expires.
- 2/6/21 — Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman, Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Kevon Looney.
- 7/6/21 — Alen Smailagic’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 7/15/21 — Damion Lee’s salary guarantees at $500,000 for 2021-22.
- 7/15/21 — Ky Bowman and Juan Toscano-Anderson’s salaries guarantee at 200,000 for 2021-22.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Jordan Poole.
- 1/10/22 — Damion Lee’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/20/22 –Ky Bowman and Juan Toscano-Anderson’s $1,782,621 guarantee for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Eric Paschall, Ky Bowman, Juan Toscano-Anderson and Mychal Mulder.
- 7/6/22 — Alen Smailagic’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Jordan Poole.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jordan Poole.
- TBD — Guarantee details for Mychal Mulder.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Klay Thompson — 15 percent
- Draymond Green — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Oracle Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/20)