Golden State Warriors Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$10.6 million
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $876,000 (Leandro Barbosa)
- Trade Exception (David Lee, expiring 7/27/16) — $5,387,825
- Trade Exception (Gerald Wallace, expiring 7/31/16) — $3,197,170
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston, Ian Clark
SG: Klay Thompson, Leandro Barbosa, Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes, Andre Iguodala
PF: Draymond Green, James McAdoo, Jason Thompson, Kevon Looney (injured)
C: Festus Ezeli, Marreese Speights, Andrew Bogut (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Leandro Barbosa and Ian Clark.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Ian Clark’s $947k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — James McAdoo’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Draymond Green.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Shaun Livingston’s $5.8 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/27/16 — David Lee $5.4 million trade exception expires.
- 7/31/16 — Gerald Wallace $3.2 million trade exception expires.
- 1/10/17 — Jason Thompson’s $7.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Brandon Rush opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Kevon Looney with the 30th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Draymond Green.
- 6/29/15 — Opted Marreese Speights into the final year of his contract.
- 7/7/15 — Signed Kevon Looney to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Draymond Green to a five-year, $82 million contract.
- 7/13/15 — Re-signed Leandro Barbosa to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Traded David Lee to Boston Celtics for Gerald Wallace and Chris Babb.
- 7/31/15 — Traded Gerald Wallace, $1,000,000 and the right to swap 2016 first-rounders with lower of Miami Heat or Oklahoma City Thunder’s first-rounders for Jason Thompson.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Ian Clark to a non-guaranteed $974k minimum contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 9/21/15 — Signed Juwan Staten to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/15 — Signed Tony Mitchell to a non-guaranteed $947k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Ben Gordon to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/15 — Signed Xavier Henry to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minium summer contract.
- 10/19/15 — Signed Chris Udofia to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/26/15 — Ian Clark’s salary guaranteed for $474k for 15/16.
No-Trade: Leandro Barbosa
Waived Players: Tony Mitchell, Ben Gordon, Juwan Staten, Jarell Eddie, Chris Udofia, Chris Babb, Xavier Henry
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Luke Walton (interim head coach), Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (player development), Keke Lyles (player performance), Steve Nash (player development consultant)
Trainer: Lachlan Penfold, Drew Yoder (assistant), Chelsea Lane (head performance therapist)
- Bob Myers — General Manager
- Travis Schlenk — Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel
- Kirk Lacob — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Riley — Director of Scouting
- Larry Harris — Basketball Consultant/Scout
- Manager of Scouting — Patrick Sund
- Executive Board Member — Jerry West
- Larry Harris — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap first-rounders, potentially sending the lower pick between Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami HEAT (Jason Thompson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $1.0 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Thompson)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Ognjen Kuzmic
- Non-Bird: Jermaine O’Neal*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Andre Iguodala — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Charlie Bell.
D-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (Head Coach Casey Hill)
- Jermaine O’Neal — $2,400,000 (Non-Bird rights)
- Ognjen Kuzmic — $947,276 (Early Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/5/15)