|Khyri Thomas (W)||$744,684|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, three summer contracts, two two-ways
PG: Trae Young, Delon Wright, Sharife Cooper (two-way), Skylar Mays (two-way)
SG: Kevin Huerter, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Lou Williams
SF: De’Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish, Jalen Johnson, AJ Lawson (summer contract), Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (summer contract)
PF: John Collins, Danilo Gallinari, Solomon Hill
C: Clint Capela, Gorgui Dieng, Johnny Hamilton (summer contract), Onyeka Okongwu (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game. Onyeka Okongwu (shoulder) out for six months as of 7/22/21.
- Trade Exception (Bruno Fernando, expiring 7/7/22) — $1,782,621
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,536,000 (Gorgui Dieng)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot $1,939,350 — 1/7/22
- Johnny Hamilton $925,258 — 1/7/22
- AJ Lawson $925,258 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Kevin Huerter
- Onyeka Okongwu (third-year)
- De’Andre Hunter (fourth-year)
- Cam Reddish (fourth-year)
Waived Players: Kris Dunn, Bruno Fernando
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: College Park Skyhawks (Tori Miller general manager, Steve Gansey coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Sharife Cooper, Skylar Mays
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Tony Ressler
- Steve Koonin — chief executive officer
- Travis Schlenk — president of basketball operations and general manager
- Landry Fields — assistant general manager
- Rod Higgins — vice president of basketball operations
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president, salary cap administration
- Dan Martinez – vice president of team operations
- Derek Pierce — vice president of player personnel
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball and special advisor to the CEO
- Dotun Akinwale Jr — senior director of player personnel
- Ericka Hill — director of player engagement
- Dwight Lutz — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- Mike McNeive — director of player personnel
- Larry Riley — senior advisor
- Daniel Starkman — senior manager of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Zac Walsh — director of team operations
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Assistants: Melvin Hunt, Chris Jent, Marlon Garnett, Matt Hill, Joe Prunty, Jamelle McMillan, Nick Van Exel
Training Staff: Chelsea Lane (vice president of athletic performance and sports medicine), Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Michael Irr (head strength and conditioning coach)
- 2022 — Owed a first-rounder (top-14 protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Sacramento Kings (Derrick Walton Jr, Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder (top-45 protected) from the New Orleans Pelicans (Jaxson Hayes).
- 2023 — Can swap second-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin), the lower between the Charlotte Hornets and Hawks’ picks.
- 2023 — Owe the highest of the Atlanta, Charlotte and Brooklyn second-rounders to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder (in the 51-55 range) from the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Portland Trail Blazers (Skal Labissiere).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Danilo Gallinari).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Omari Spellman).
- 2027 — Owed a second-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Rajon Rondo).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 10/18/21 — Extension deadline for Kevin Huerter.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Cam Reddish, Onyeka Okongwu and De’Andre Hunter.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Gorgui Dieng, AJ Lawson, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Johnny Hamilton, Solomon Hill and Lou Williams
- 1/7/22 — Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot’s $1,939,350 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — AJ Lawson and Johnny Hamilton’s $925,528 guarantee for 2021-22.
- 1/15/22 — No-trade restriction on John Collins.
- 2/13/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Clint Capela.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Danilo Gallinari’s $21,450,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Johnny Hamilton, AJ Lawson and Kevin Huerter.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/1/22 — Trae Young’s poison pill expires.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- Before first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadlines for De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Onyeka Okongwu and Jalen Johnson.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter.
- 6/29/23 — Bogdan Bogdanovic’s player option for 2023-24.
- Before first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Onyeka Okongwu.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Jalen Johnson.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Onyeka Okongwu.
- Before first day of the 2024-25 season — Extension deadline for Jalen Johnson.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jalen Johnson.
- 6/29/25 — Player option on John Collins.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 7/22/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to John Collins.
- 7/27/21 — Kris Dunn opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Jalen Johnson (2020-20th) and Sharife Cooper (2020-48th).
- 8/1/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Skylar Mays (two-way).
- 8/1/21 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Nathan Knight and Brandon Goodwin.
- 8/4/21 — Signed Jalen Johnson (2020-20th) to a $12,888,585 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/4/21 — Signed Sharife Cooper (2020-48th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/5/21 — Re-signed Solomon Hill to a $2,401,537 contract.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Trae Young to a designated supermax-eligible extension, adding five additional years, projecting to be $172,550,000, player option on the final season.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed John Collins to a five-year $125,000,000 contract, player option on the final season.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Lou Williams to a $5 million contract.
- 8/7/21 — Traded Kris Dunn, Bruno Fernando (generating a $1,782,621 trade exception) and a Portland Trail Blazers 2023 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics for Delon Wright from the Sacramento Kings.
- 8/7/21 — Renounced the rights to Tony Snell.
- 8/9/21 — Signed Gorgui Dieng to a $4 million contract via the taxpayer portion of the mid-level exception.
- 8/11/21 — Signed Johnny Hamilton to a non-guaranteed $925,528 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 8/18/21 — Signed AJ Lawson to a non-guaranteed $925,528 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 8/26/21 — Re-signed Skylar Mays to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 9/1/21 — Re-signed Clint Capela to a $46,881,280 extension ($1.5 million in likely incentives, $500,000 in unlikely incentives each season), adding two additional years.
- 9/9/21 — Signed Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to a non-guaranteed $1,939,350 summer contract.
No-Trade: Solomon Hill (One-Year Bird), Lou Williams (One-Year Bird)
- Trae Young — 15 percent
- Bogdan Bogdanovic — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Trae Young (expiring 7/1/22) — $30,146,078
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Brandon Goodwin ($1,669,178)
Arena: State Farm Arena
NBA Team Salaries
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds
- Former professional gambler Haralabos Volugaris is fired by Mavericks
- Daily Free ABA League Picks: 2021 Igokea vs. Borac – odds and free picks
- Dwight Howard practiced singing and dancing for The Masked Singer
- Free ABA League Expert Picks: 2021 Crvena Zvezda vs. Split – free picks