Quick: Under the cap by $2,632,809
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): Up to $71.7 million, less if Jabari Parker opts in.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Trae Young, Jeff Teague, Brandon Goodwin (two-way), Evan Turner
SG: Kevin Huerter, DeAndre’ Bembry, Vince Carter, Treveon Graham, Charlie Brown Jr. (two-way)
SF: De’Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish, Chandler Parsons (injured)
PF: John Collins, Bruno Fernando, Jabari Parker (injured)
C: Alex Len, Damian Jones
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $4,767,000
Waived Players: Jaylen Adams, Ray Spalding (claimed by the Houston Rockets), Armoni Brooks, Marcus Derrickson, Tahjere McCall, Jordan Sibert, Kenny Gabriel, Mark Ogden Jr., Tyrone Wallace
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Paul Watson
Traded Players: Kent Bazemore, Taurean Prince, Solomon Hill, Miles Plumlee, Omari Spellman, Allen Crabbe
G-League Affiliate: College Park Skyhawks (Dan Dial president, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Charlie Brown Jr., Brandon Goodwin
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce
Assistants: Melvin Hunt, Chris Jent, Greg Foster, Marlon Garnett, Matt Hill
Trainer: Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Conner Smith (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Michael Irr (head strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — president of basketball operations and general manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Larry Riley — senior advisor
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball operations
- Rod Higgins — vice president of basketball operations
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- Derek Pierce — vice president of player personnel
- Mike McNeive — director of player personnel
- Dan Martinez — vice president of team operations
- Chelsea Lane — vice president of athletic performance and sports medicine
- Dotun Akinwale Jr. — director of scouting
- Nick Ressler — manager of basketball operations
- Paul Jesperson — assistant video coordinator
- Chris Mast — data scientist, athletic performance and sports medicine
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2024 second-rounders) from the Brooklyn Nets (Allen Crabbe).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder (31-55 range) to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Boston Celtics (Jabari Bird).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Allen Crabbe).
- 2022 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder (top-45 protected) from the New Orleans Pelicans (Jaxon Hayes).
- 2023 — Can swap second-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin), the lower between the Charlotte Hornets and Hawks’ picks.
- 2023 — Owe the highest of the Atlanta, Charlotte and Brooklyn second-rounders to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder (in the 51-55 range) from the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Eric Paschall).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin).
- 2026 — Owed second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Jabari Parker.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Damian Jones and De’Andre’ Bembry.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Trae Young, Cam Reddish, De’Andre Hunter and Kevin Huerter for 2021-22.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for John Collins.
- Before first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadlines for Trae Young and Kevin Huerter.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Bruno Fernando.
- Before first day of the 2022 season — Extension deadlines for De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 4/12/19 — Kent Bazemore opted into his $19,269,662 for 2019-20.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 8th, 10th (from the Dallas Mavericks) and 44th (from the Charlotte Hornets) picks in the draft lottery.
- 6/19/19 — Traded a second-rounder (44th) to the Miami HEAT for a 2024 second rounder (TBD) and cash (TBD).
- 6/20/19 — Traded a second-rounder (41st) to the Golden State Warriors for a 2024 second-rounder and cash (TBD).
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Jaxon Hayes (8th), Cam Reddish (10th) and Marcos Louzada Silva (35th).
- 6/24/19 — Traded Kent Bazemore to the Portland Trail Blazers for Evan Turner.
- 6/29/19 – Declined to extend qualifying offers to C.J. Anderson, Justin Anderson and Isaac Humphries.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Charlie Brown Jr. to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Cam Reddish (2019-10th) to a $19,328,334 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the rights to Vince Carter, Isaac Humphries, Justin Anderson and Alex Poythress.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Taurean Prince and a protected 2021 second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets for Alan Crabbe, the rights to Nickeil Alexander-Walker (17th) and a 2020 lottery protected first-rounder.
- 7/7/19 — Traded the rights to Jaxon Hayes (8th), Nickeil Alexander-Walker (17th), Marcos Louzada Silva (35th) and a protected Cleveland Cavaliers first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans for Solomon Hill, the rights to De’Andre Hunter (4th) and Jordan Bone (57th) and a 2023 protected second-rounder.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Miles Plumlee and Solomon Hill to the Memphis Grizzlies for Chandler Parsons.
- 7/7/19 — Signed De’Andre Hunter (2019-4th) to a $32,101,641 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded the rights to Jordan Bone (57th) and two second-rounders (2022 and 2023) to the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Bruno Fernando (34th).
- 7/7/19 — Signed Bruno Fernando (34th) to a three-year $4,700,602 contract.
- 7/8/19 — Traded Omari Spellman to the Golden State Warriors for Damian Jones and a 2026 second-rounder.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Jabari Parker to a two-year $13 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/19 — Waived Jaylen Adams.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Ray Spalding to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/6/19 — Signed Brandon Goodwin to a two-way contract.
- 8/23/19 — Signed Marcus Derrickson to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 8/27/19 — Signed Armoni Brooks to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/20/19 — Re-signed Vince Carter to $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 9/20/19 — Signed Tahjere McCall to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/8/19 — Waived Ray Spalding (claimed by the Houston Rockets).
- 10/8/19 — Signed Jordan Sibert to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Waived Armoni Brooks, Marcus Derrickson, Tahjere McCall and Jordan Sibert.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Kenny Gabriel to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Picked up John Collins’ fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/19/19 — Picked up Trae Young and Kevin Huerter’s third-year rookie-scale options.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Mark Ogden Jr. to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Kenny Gabriel and Mark Ogden Jr.
- 10/22/19 — Claimed Tyrone Wallace off waivers (Minnesota Timberwolves).
- 12/14/19 — Waived Tyrone Wallace.
- 1/6/20 — Signed Paul Watson to a 10-day $50,752 contract.
- 1/16/20 — Traded Allen Crabbe to the for Jeff Teague and Treveon Graham.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Vince Carter (implicit)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Arena: State Farm Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/16/20)