Orlando Magic guard R.J. Hampton is set to become a free agent next summer. The Magic exercised their third-year options on Franz Wagner and Jalen Suggs, along with the fourth-year options of Cole Anthony and Chuma Okeke.
However, Hampton’s $4,220,057 club option for the 2023-24 season will not be picked up. This is part of the four-year, $11.13 million rookie scale contract the guard signed with the Denver Nuggets in 2020.
Some NBA betting sites are giving Orlando the fifth-lowest odds to win the championship in 2023. While the Magic are now 1-5, a couple of sportsbooks are dropping their odds of qualifying for the postseason.
— Orlando Magic PR (@Magic_PR) October 29, 2022
The NBA deadline for contracts containing the 2023-24 team option is this Monday, Oct. 31. For those wondering, the front office can re-sign Hampton next summer. If not, he will become an unrestricted free agent.
Last October, the Magic exercised the guard’s $2.41 million option for this season.
Hampton was selected 24th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2020 NBA Draft. Four days later, the Bucks traded the former National Basketball League (NBL) star to the Nuggets.
Magic don’t exercise R.J. Hampton’s 2023-24 option, allowing him to become a free agent next summer
During his rookie season, in 25 games off the bench with Denver, he averaged 2.6 points and 2 rebounds. Plus, he shot 41.7% from the field and 27.8% from beyond the arc.
In March 2021, the Nuggets traded Hampton to the Magic. Through 26 appearances, the guard logged 11.2 points, 5 boards, and 2.8 assists per game. He also shot 43.9% from the floor and 31.9% from 3-point range.
For clarification, R.J. Hampton is slated to be an unrestricted free agent (UFA) this offseason.
The Magic can still re-sign him as a free agent. https://t.co/QaNJSM24Qf
— Khobi Price (@khobi_price) October 29, 2022
Hampton was then named the NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for May. Of course, it was the first time a Magic player won the award since Elfrid Payton in 2015.
Last season, in 64 appearances, R.J. Hampton averaged 7.6 points, 3 rebounds, and 2.5 assists. So far, the 21-year-old is not meeting expectations.
On April 10, 2022, in the Magic’s 125-111 win over the Miami Heat, the guard scored a career-high 21 points in 33 minutes of action. He finished 8-of-16 (50%) shooting from the floor and 4-of-7 (57.1%) from downtown.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Spurs sign forward Alize Johnson, waive rookie Jordan Hall
- Malcolm Brogdon ‘Happy’ To Be On The Celtics This Season
- Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns suffers calf strain injury
- Magics’ Guard Markelle Fultz Available To Make Season Debut On Wednesday
- Kevin Durant on whether crowd ‘MVP’ chants motivate him: ‘Nah, not really. I’ve been there, done that.’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: De’Aaron Fox Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Leads Our Best Bets
NBA 6 days ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest