Detroit Pistons forward Kevin Knox was traded by the New York Knicks last season. In the offseason, the University of Kentucky product signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Pistons.
On Friday night, following Detroit’s 130-106 loss against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden, the wing was asked by reporters if he holds any resentment towards the organization.
“I had my fair opportunity; didn’t make the best of it, unfortunately,” said Knox.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Pistons have the seventh-lowest odds to win the championship in 2023. Though, a few sportsbooks are expecting them to win more games this season.
Final at MSG.
— Detroit Pistons (@DetroitPistons) October 22, 2022
In the Pistons’ first loss of the 2022-23 season, the forward finished his performance with 2 points and 2 rebounds in 11 minutes played. He also shot 1-of-6 from the field and missed all three of his 3-point attempts.
“Every game is a chip [on my shoulder], but this one is circled on my calendar, for sure,” mentioned Knox. “This is my old team. Lot of my guys over there, but in between the lines, it’s a different story.”
Pistons forward Kevin Knox doesn’t hold a grudge against the Knicks for trading him
Kevin Knox was selected ninth overall by the Knicks in the 2018 NBA Draft. During his rookie season, he averaged career highs of 12.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game in 75 appearances.
On January 13, 2019, in the Knicks’ 108-105 loss versus the Philadelphia 76ers, the forward scored a career-best 31 points in 44 minutes of action. He finished 12-of-23 (52.2%) shooting from the floor and 4-of-9 (44.4%) from beyond the arc.
“It is what it is,” continued the Pistons forward. “Gotta move on, gotta play harder, learn from it. Learned a lot playing under Thibs, playing here in New York. I have to take it to my next chapter.”
Moreover, head coach Tom Thibodeau was hired by the Knicks in 2020. The forward’s playing time decreased in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons.
His production was at its highest during his rookie season under former Knicks head coach David Fizdale. Coming off the bench, Knox was not as successful offensively.
He went from future NBA All-Star to bench warmer. Knox’s decline is still a mystery. Putting aside previous seasons, the 23-year-old’s time to shine is right now with the Pistons.
“Guys make changes, teams make changes, bring guys in. I put it all on me. I got to go out there and work harder, play better defense, all the narrative that they created.”
“But I put it all on me. I got to go out there and play better, perform better. I have another opportunity here, so I’m going to go out there and show what I can do.”
According to Basketball-Reference statistics, Kevin Knox is projected to record 14.5 points, 6.1 boards, and 2.1 assists per game with the Pistons this season.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Stephen Curry leads NBA in 3-pointers for the 8th time of his career
- LeBron James says ‘there’s a strong possibility’ he’ll play vs. Spurs
- Mavericks’ Luka Doncic on his defense: ‘I’ve really taken a big step’
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson on Jordan Poole’s struggles: ‘He really cares, he wants to be great’
- Kevin Durant on LeBron James: ‘He’s obviously top-2 player to ever play’
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Kings guard De’Aaron Fox leads NBA in clutch points this season
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Jayson Tatum jumps to +300 MVP favorite ahead of Luka, Giannis
NBA 2 weeks ago
Best NBA Free Bet Offers For Monday 11/14: Up To $6,000 In Bonuses
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant is the first player since Michael Jordan to begin season with 13 straight 25-point games