Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the salary cap.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ben Simmons, Shake Milton, Tyrese Maxey, Grant Riller
SG: Seth Curry, Matisse Thybulle, Isaiah Joe, Jaden Springer
SF: Danny Green, Furkan Korkmaz, Aaron Henry (two-way)
PF: Tobias Harris, Georges Niang, Paul Reed Jr
C: Joel Embiid, Andre Drummond
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Al Horford, expiring 9/7/21) — $8,190,134
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $6,236,000 (Georges Niang)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
* Exact date TBD
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Paul Reed Jr $1,517,981 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Mike Scott ($6,506,955)
- Non-Bird: Kyle O’Quinn*** ($1,669,178), Gary Clark (two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Tyrese Maxey (third-year)
- Matisse Thybulle (fourth-year)
Waived Players: George Hill, Rayjon Tucker (two-way), Anthony Tolliver
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Aaron Henry, Grant Riller
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Josh Harris
- Daryl Morey — president of basketball operations
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Peter Dinwiddie — executive vice president, basketball operations
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Prosper Karangwa — vice president, player personnel
- Annelie Schmittel — vice president, player development
- Vince Rozman, vice president, scouting
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Dave Joerger, Sam Cassell, Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Eric Hughes, Brian Adams, Todor Pandov
Trainers: Simon Rice (vice president, athlete care), Kevin Johnson (head athletic trainer), Ben Kenyon (head strength and conditioning coach)
- 2022 — The Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the Denver Nuggets, the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves, the lower to the Miami HEAT (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler, Bol Manute Bol). May go to the Houston Rockets via Miami (Victor Oladipo).
- 2023 — Owed a the highest second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn Nets (Bruno Fernando).
- 2025 — Owe first-rounder (top-6 protected in 2025, top-4 protected through 2027, otherwise converts to a 2027 second-rounder) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Al Horford).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (George Hill).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 9/7/21 — Al Horford trade exception expires.
- 9/29/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Grant Riller.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Matisse Thybulle and Tyrese Maxey.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Danny Green, Andre Drummond and Georges Niang.
- 1/7/22 — Paul Reed Jr’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/15/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Furkan Korkmaz.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Shake Milton.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Grant Riller and Aaron Henry.
- 7/1/22 — Danny Green’s $10 million guarantees for 2022-23.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 7/18/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Joel Embiid.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
- Before the first game of the 2022-23 season — Isaiah Joe’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Tyrese Maxey and Jaden Springer.
- 1/7/23 — Paul Reed Jr’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Matisse Thybulle, Paul Reed Jr and Isaiah Joe.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
- 10/31/23 — Team option on Jaden Springer.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyrese Maxey.
- Before the first day of the 2024-25 season — Extension deadline for Jaden Springer.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaden Springer.
- TBD — Grant Riller’s two-way details.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Jaden Springer (2021-28th), Filip Petrusev (2021-50th) and Charles Bassey (2021-53rd).
- 8/1/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Rayjon Tucker (two-way).
- 8/3/21 — Waived George Hill.
- 8/3/21 — Re-signed Rayjon Tucker to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/4/21 — Signed Andre Drummond to a $2,401,537 contract.
- 8/4/21 — Signed Jaden Springer (2021-28th) to a $10,393,483 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/6/21 — Signed Georges Niang to a two-year $4,504,500 (partial taxpayer mid-level exception).
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Danny Green to a partially-guaranteed two-year $20 million contract, via Early Bird Rights.
- 8/8/21 — Signed Aaron Henry to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/9/21 — Re-signed Furkan Korkmaz to a three-year $15 million contract.
- 8/17/21 — Re-signed Joel Embiid to an extension to a designated veteran supermax extension, adding four additional years at an estimated $195,921,600, player option on the final season.
- 8/18/21 — Waived Rayjon Tucker (two-way).
- 8/27/21 — Waived Anthony Tolliver.
- 8/31/21 — Signed Grant Riller to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
No-Trade: Joel Embiid (signing restriction)
- Tobias Harris — lower of five percent or $5 million
- Ben Simmons — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Filip Petrusev (2021-50th), Charles Bassey (2021-53rd)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
Explore more about the Philadelphia 76ers Team Stats here.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
If you are looking to bet on the Philadelphia 76ers, there are many sports betting sites in Pennsylvania to choose from. You can also use one of the best online sportsbooks or one of the offshore betting sites available from anywhere.
(Updated on 8/31/21)
- UConn’s Tristen Newton has withdrawn from the NBA Draft to return to the Huskies for one final season
- Heat president Pat Riley has been a part of 25% of NBA Finals in league history
- Jayson Tatum stresses how ‘it’s extremely important’ to extend Jaylen Brown’s contract in Boston
- NBA: Revisiting Jimmy Butler’s Pre-Draft Scouting Reports, What They Got Right and Wrong
- NBA Rumors: Jonas Valanciunas seeking extension with Pelicans