Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $59.8 million, less if Jimmy Butler opts in or with his cap hold.
Roster Count: Four guaranteed, two player options, one partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ben Simmons
SG: Jonathan Simmons, Shake Milton (two-way)
SF: Zhaire Smith, Haywood Highsmith (two-way)
PF Jonah Bolden
C: Joel Embiid
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Dario Saric, expiring 11/12/19) — $957,480
- Trade Exception (Markelle Fultz, expiring 2/7/20) — $2,339,880
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Jimmy Butler (PO), Tobias Harris ($22,200,000), Boban Marjanovic ($13,300,000), T.J. McConnell ($1,618,486)
- Early Bird: J.J. Redick $15,925,000
- Declined First: Furkan Korkmaz ($2,033,160)
- Non-Bird: Mike Scott ($5,184,600), James Ennis (PO), Greg Monroe ($1,618,486)
- Jonathon Simmons $5,700,000 ($1 million guaranteed)
2019 Draft Picks: 1st (if the Sacramento Kings win the lottery) or 24th* (to the Boston Celtics if the Kings win the lottery), 32nd/33rd* from the Cleveland Cavaliers), 34th from the Chicago Bulls, 42nd/43rd/44th* from the Sacramento Kings, 54th
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th)
- Second-rounders: Mathias Lessort (2017-50th), Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly interim general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Shake Milton, Haywood Highsmith
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brett Brown
Assistants: Monty Williams, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development), Jim O’Brien (senior advisor)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Alex Rucker — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — senior vice president of player personnel
- Ben Falk — vice president of basketball strategy
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- Elton Brand — vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Boston Celtics receive higher of the Sacramento Kings and Sixers first-rounders (top pick protected, Markelle Fultz).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks, Markelle Fultz).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of Brooklyn/Nets pick to Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2020 — Owe a first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Los Angeles Clippers (Tobias Harris).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson).
- 2021 — The Houston Rockets can second-rounders (James Ennis).
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the Denver Nuggets, the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 to Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler); $110,00 to the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson) — $5,023,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1.5 million from Los Angeles Lakers (Isaac Bonga); $1 million from Phoenix Suns (Richaun Holmes) — $2,743,000 remaining
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Jimmy Butler and James Ennis.
- 7/1/19 — Jonathon Simmons’ $5.7 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Ben Simmons.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Zhaire Smith.
- 11/12/19 — Dario Saric trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Markelle Fultz trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Ben Simmons.
- 6/29/20 — Jonah Bolden’s $1,766,550 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Zhaire Smith.
- 6/29/21 — Jonah Bolden’s $1,845,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Zhaire Smith.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Zhaire Smith.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- J.J. Redick — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)