Quick: Over the cap and over the luxury tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
NBA Draft: No. 28, No. 50 from the New York Knicks (Willy Hernangomez), No. 58 to the Knicks (George Hill)
Unsigned Draft Picks
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Ben Simmons, George Hill, Shake Milton, Tyrese Maxey
SG: Seth Curry, Isaiah Joe
SF: Matisse Thybulle
PF: Tobias Harris, Paul Reed Jr, Anthony Tolliver
C: Joel Embiid
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Al Horford, expiring 9/7/21) — $8,190,134
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Projected Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
* Exact date TBD
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- George Hill $10,047,297 ($1,275,491 guaranteed) — 8/3/21
- Anthony Tolliver $2,692,991 — 9/4/21
- Paul Reed Jr $1,517,981 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Furkan Korkmaz ($1,669,178)
- Early Bird: Danny Green ($19,975,609), Mike Scott ($6,506,955)
- Non-Bird: Dwight Howard ($1,669,178), Kyle O’Quinn*** ($1,669,178), Rayjon Tucker (two-way, RFA), Gary Clark (two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Rayjon Tucker (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Tyrese Maxey (third-year)
- Matisse Thybulle (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Josh Harris
- Daryl Morey — president of basketball operations
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Peter Dinwiddie — executive vice president, basketball operations
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Prosper Karangwa — vice president, player personnel
- Annelie Schmittel — vice president, player development
- Vince Rozman, vice president, scouting
Head Coach: Doc Rivers
Assistants: Dave Joerger, Sam Cassell, Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Eric Hughes, Brian Adams, Todor Pandov
Trainers: Simon Rice (vice president, athlete care), Kevin Johnson (head athletic trainer), Ben Kenyon (head strength and conditioning coach)
- 2022 — The Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the Denver Nuggets, the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves, the lower to the Miami HEAT (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler, Bol Manute Bol). May go to the Houston Rockets via Miami (Victor Oladipo).
- 2023 — Owed a the highest second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn Nets (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024– Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Miami HEAT (Dwyane Wade, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Bone).
- 2025 — Owe first-rounder (top-6 protected in 2025, top-4 protected through 2027, otherwise converts to a 2027 second-rounder) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Al Horford).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (George Hill).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Al Horford) — $3,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Anthony Tolliver.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/3/21 — George Hill’s $10,047,297 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 9/4/21 — Anthony Tolliver’s $2,692,991 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 9/7/21 — Al Horford trade exception expires.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Matisse Thybulle and Tyrese Maxey.
- 1/7/22 — Paul Reed Jr’s $1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Shake Milton.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
- Before the first game of the 2022-23 season — Isaiah Joe’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Tyrese Maxey.
- 1/7/23 — Paul Reed Jr’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Matisse Thybulle, Paul Reed Jr and Isaiah Joe.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Matisse Thybulle.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyrese Maxey.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- Tobias Harris — lower of five percent or $5 million
- Ben Simmons — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)