Lakers center Mo Bamba (left ankle sprain) ruled out for Game 1 vs. Nuggets
Los Angeles Lakers center Mo Bamba (left ankle sprain) has been downgraded to out for Tuesday night’s Game 1 matchup against the Denver Nuggets of the 2023 Western Conference Finals.
In February, the Orlando Magic traded the 7-foot big man to the Lakers in exchange for cash and Patrick Beverley. Bamba, 25, went on to average 3.7 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 9.8 minutes in nine appearances with Los Angeles.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Lakers have third-shortest odds to win the championship. Check out which sportsbooks are showing greater odds for the Boston Celtics and Nuggets.
Lakers say Mo Bamba will be OUT tomorrow. His travel plans won't allow for him to make it on time. He's still dealing with fallout from ankle stuff, anyways.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) May 15, 2023
In 49 appearances of the 2022-23 regular season, Mo Bamba averaged 6.6 points, 4.6 boards, and 15.7 minutes per game. Plus, the former Magic center shot 48.5% from the field and 38.7% beyond the arc.
During the first round of the 2023 NBA Playoffs, the Lakers center played almost 10 minutes off the bench in a 125-85 series-clinching win in Game 6 against the Memphis Grizzlies. However, Bamba has not yet scored a point.
Earlier in the playoffs, Bamba received platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections for his high left ankle sprain.
Lakers center Mo Bamba (ankle) has been ruled out for Tuesday night’s Game 1 matchup vs. Nuggets of the 2023 Western Conference Finals
Entering Game 1 of the 2023 Western Conference Finals, the Lakers are 15-5 in their last 20 games. But they’re also 1-4 in their past five matchups on the road versus Denver. Not to mention, Los Angeles is 5-2 ATS in its previous seven contests.
Meanwhile, the Nuggets are 8-3 in their past 11 games. They’re 4-2 ATS in their last six meetings against Western Conference opponents. The point total has gone over in 12 of their previous 18 contests versus the Lakers. And Denver is 12-2 ATS in its last 14 encounters versus Pacific Division teams.
Most Conference Finals matchups since 1971:
🏀 Lakers-Nuggets: 4
🏀 Celtics-Heat: 4
🏀 Celtics-76ers: 4
🏀 Lakers-Spurs: 4 pic.twitter.com/u8Ljn62Gjr
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 15, 2023
As for Denver’s injury report, Jamal Murray (illness) is listed as questionable for Game 1. The sixth-year guard was listed as questionable for Game 6 against the Phoenix Suns last week, but he went on to play and scored 26 points. Collin Gillespie (leg) remains out indefinitely as well.
According to ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, the Nuggets hold a 59.6% chance of winning Game 1 at home over the Lakers. Sportsbooks show L.A. as a six-point underdog at Ball Arena.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- Mavericks Not Interested in Kyrie Sign & Trade with Lakers, Despite Reports
- UNC Tar Heels Secure Class of 2024 Top Ten Recruit Blanca Thomas
- Cleveland guard Ricky Rubio is ‘starting to consider’ his return to his beloved Barcelona in the next couple of years
- WATCH: Celtics fans celebrate in the streets after buzzer-beater Game 6 win
- LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Main Page 5 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 4 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 1 week ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Caleb Love Transfer Saga: Indiana Hoosiers Back in Pole Position After Michigan Exit