Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the Avery Bradley and Mo Harkless contracts via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to $28.1 million in cap space, down to $20.5 million with Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn’s cap holds, none with Victor Oladipo’s cap hold.
NBA Draft: No. 18 to the Oklahoma City Thunder or Houston Rockets (if Houston is No. 5, Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges, Tobias Harris, Paul George, Chris Paul), No. 48 to the Atlanta Hawks (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr, Dewayne Dedmon)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Roberto Duenas (1997-58th), George Banks (1995-46th)
Roster Count: Five guaranteed, three team options
PG: Goran Dragic (TO)
SG: Tyler Herro
SF: Andre Iguodala (TO), KZ Okpala
PF: Jimmy Butler, Precious Achiuwa
C: Bam Adebayo, Omer Yurtseven (TO)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Projected Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Omer Yurtseven $1,517,981 (on opt-in) — 1/7/22
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Goran Dragic $19,440,000 (team)
- Andre Iguodala $15 million (team)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Victor Oladipo ($31,500,000), Goran Dragic ($27 million on opt out), Andre Iguodala ($28.5 million on opt out), Nemanja Bjelica ($13,585,000), Duncan Robinson ($4,736,102), Kendrick Nunn ($4,736,102), Udonis Haslem ($1,669,178)
- Early Bird: Trevor Ariza ($16,640,000), Dwyane Wade*** ($1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Dewayne Dedmon ($1,669,178), Gabe Vincent (two-way, RFA, $1,669,178), Omer Yurtseven ($1,689,065 on opt out, RFA), Max Strus (two-way, RFA), Kyle Alexander*** (two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Duncan Robinson $4,736,102
- Kendrick Nunn $4,736,102
- Gabe Vincent $1,669,178 ($84,414 guaranteed)
- Omer Yurtseven $1,689,065 (on opt out)
- Max Strus (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Precious Achiuwa (third-year)
- Tyler Herro (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Sioux Falls Skyforce (general manager Eric Amsler, coach TBD)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Micky Arison
- Nick Arison — chief executive officer
- Pat Riley — president
- Andy Elisburg — senior vice president, basketball operations/general manager
- Shane Battier — vice president, basketball development & analytics
- Adam Simon — vice president, basketball operations/assistant general manager
- Chet Kammerer — senior advisor of basketball operations/basketball
- Keith Askins — director of college & pro scouting
- Chad Kammerer — director of NBA scouting/advance scout
Head Coach: Erik Spoelstra
Assistants: Chris Quinn, Malik Allen, Caron Butler, Octavio De La Grana, Anthony Carter, Rob Fodor, Eric Glass
Trainers: Jay Sabol, Eric Foran (head strength & conditioning coach)
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (Bol Manute Bol), may come from the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 2022 — Houston has the right to swap first-rounders with the Miami HEAT (Victor Oladipo). The Rockets get the higher two of the Brooklyn Nets, Heat (top-14 protected) and Rockets. If Miami’s protections kick in, Houston will keep both the Nets’ and their own firsts, and will instead get the lower of the Denver Nuggets or Philadelphia 76ers’ 2022 second-rounder.
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jimmy Butler, Paul George).
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Indiana Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (in the 51-55 range) to the Atlanta Hawks (Bol Manute Bol).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder (not in the 51-55 range) to the New York Knicks (Dwyane Wade, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Bone, George Hill).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2027 — Owe second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Trevor Ariza).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 6/22/21 — NBA Draft Lottery.
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Team option deadlines for Andre Iguodala and Omer Yurtseven.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Max Strus, Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/2/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Omer Yurtseven.
- 8/2/21 — Bam Adebayo’s poison pill expires.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa.
- 1/7/22 — Omer Yurtseven’s 1,517,981 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Player option deadline for Jimmy Butler.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for KZ Okpala and Omer Yurtseven.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Tyler Herro.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Precious Achiuwa.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyler Herro.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Precious Achiuwa
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Precious Achiuwa.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- Jimmy Butler — 15 percent
- Andre Iguodala — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Bam Adebayo $28,019,299 (expiring 8/2/21)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: American Airlines Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/28/21)