As regulatory authorities continue to grant sportsbooks licenses to operate within American state lines, the demand for NBA live betting has increased exponentially, becoming the preferred choice of many a gambler.
Because fast-action, wagering in-play is still in its formative years on our shores, we thought it would be wise to fill our readership in on this emerging market trend. So, read on to discover everything you need to know about NBA live betting.
Best NBA Live Betting Sites Ranked
Live NBA Betting Sites Reviewed
To begin, let’s cast an eye over five of the elite NBA live betting sites. Each sportsbook allows for wagering in-play on NBA basketball games. But some provide more market optionality, better odds, etc. than others, so it’s well worth taking a look to decide which site suits YOUR specific needs.
MyBookie – Deep Markets for NBA Live Betting
A sportsbook that prides itself on offering deep markets for basketball, both NBA futures and live, in-play, the MyBookie has a vast prop market for live basketball games, particularly during the playoffs, which is when it’s in-play wagering markets really spring to life.
The news and tips section also features tons of information on NBA live betting strategies for those of you who want to how to make money live betting on NBA games. And the odds are excellent, too – MyBookie came in top on a number of basketball lines that we tested as part of our research.
Furthermore, MyBookie’s friendly user interface constantly broadcasts readjusted spreads, moneylines, and totals for live NBA betting, updating during commercials to ensure users don’t miss a second of the action. And, finally, a MyBookie promo code can also be used to wager in the live arena, which is great news for newcomers to NBA live betting.
- Live NBA betting strategy and tips available on site
- Deep team and player prop markets available for NBA live betting
- A basketball betting app that offers a parlay betting feature for live games
- No live streaming of NBA is available in the US
- No stats available, which can be a mild nuisance if trying to execute a live betting strategy
BetUS – Fantastic Array of NBA Betting Props
An NBA live betting app that traditionally posts among the best basketball betting odds and plenty of NBA in-play betting options for both teams and players, BetUS is a must-scope contender when it comes to wagering on live basketball.
The site grants users immediate access to up-to-date stats and metrics both before and during NBA games, making it easy to digest analytics and select your chosen wagers on the live markets.
On top of that, both for NBA live-in-play betting and on basketball betting futures, BetUS provides one of the deepest prop betting markets seen anywhere online, featuring possible wagering options that are simply not found elsewhere.
- A multitude of prop betting options for NBA live betting
- Parlay betting feature
- $2,500 Risk-Free bet for new users
- All the important stats and metrics available on site
- NBA live Picks and latest news written by gambling experts accessible on-site – free
- Referral bonus gives users an opportunity to earn while recommending the app
- No live streaming of NBA
Bovada – Live NBA Betting Odds Highly Competitive
This live sports betting app is a real heavyweight of the NBA live betting game. Bovada looks and feels great. The sportsbook is very easy to navigate, and there are great live NBA betting odds available for the regular- and post-seasons.
The in-play prop market on the site runs deep, providing bettors with a multitude of team/player options to wager on during the game. And, the popular and generally lucrative Bovada bonus codes are always appreciated too!
- Deep markets for NBA live prop bets
- Bovada sportsbook is currently offering a $750 Welcome Bonus to newcomers
- Stats and metrics for teams and players are easily accessible from sportsbook pages
- A slick and easy to use website and NBA live betting app
- Enables live betting on the NBA Draft
- Live NBA betting guides and tips are available via the basketball betting site and app
- No live streaming of NBA games in the USA
Intertops – ‘Red Hot In-Play’ Offers for Live NBA Betting
A sportsbook that’s really embraced the shift towards live, in-play NBA betting in recent times, Intertops has much upgraded both its website and user interface, now providing improved graphics for live wagers and a much better overall experience – it’s a perfect site to visit for simple wagers on NBA game lines.
The markets don’t roll as deep as some of the competition and this website can be found to be lacking in prop market optionality at times, but the odds are generally favorable and the Red Hot In-Play offers that flash up during NBA Live games can be very enticing indeed.
- An easy site to navigate; fewer options but good for quick wagers on the live market
- Live basketball betting sportsbook offers a $200 deposit bonus and a $100 risk-free bet
- Sportsbook broadcasts exceptional NBA live odds
- ‘Red Hot In Play’ offers during NBA live betting can be enticing
- No stats are accessible directly via the site
- Lacks NBA betting forums and news articles
BetOnline – Great NBA Live Betting Odds
Besides offering a $1,000 free wager, this revamped and upgraded live NBA betting sportsbook allows users to wager on all the major NBA game lines when it comes to live betting (NBA betting spreads, moneyline, total points) and the odds tend to be good value to boot.
NBA isn’t the site’s only focus, mind: it’s also possible to wager on live NCAAB, WNBA, and the upcoming Olympic basketball tournaments on the live market – so, it’s a great sportsbook to frequent to get your in-play wagering fix. Not to mention the fact that BetOnline is based offshore and, thus, available practically nationwide.
- The updated site is much improved on the previous version – runs faster and just looks better
- Major betting markets are open for NBA live betting come gameday
- Live NBA scores and updates are available
- Up to a $1,000 deposit bonus
- Available practically nationwide since its offshore
- No live-streaming of NBA games
- A lack of stats and analytics on the sportsbook
NBA Live Betting Lines
Betting lines broadcast before the game gets underway (moneyline, total points, and spread) will still be available during NBA live betting. The odds fluctuate quickly based on the score/ performance of teams/players, though.
It’s also commonplace for sportsbooks to close the major game lines towards the end of a game if a particular event begins to look odds on, and bettors executing their live NBA betting strategies begin to smell green.
Besides the major Live NBA betting lines just mentioned (moneyline, total points, and the NBA live betting spread), it’s the prop market that tends to offer the most versatility and optionality – it’s also the most fun market to wager on, in our opinion.
The live betting prop market is split into two main categories: team & player
Examples of NBA live betting options on the teams’ markets include:
- Win/Lose quarter or half
- Over/Under on points/rebounds/assists in a quarter/half
- Spread betting on the quarter or half
Examples of NBA Live Betting on the players’ prop markets include:
- Over/Under on points scored/ rebounds/ assists
- Will player X score a Double-double/triple-double
- Over/ Under on 3-pointers
- Over/Under on points, rebounds, and assists combined
- Player matchups: Chris Paul vs Giannis Antetokounmpo – most points (for example)
During the playoffs and finals, the NBA live betting lines tend to get even more creative, so expect to see all manner of prop bets during this phase of the basketball season, especially if a particular team/player is doing something remarkable that people want to wager on. For example, several sportsbooks ran head-to-head spread options on Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns) vs. Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks) during the 2021 NBA Finals, which was a fun bet; some ran head-to-heads on Giannis vs. Deandre Ayton for most rebounds, too.
Where optionality is concerned, sites such as Bovada and BetUS really do serve up the most interesting and unique NBA live bets, especially on the prop market. So, if that’s something that floats your boat, these sportsbooks are well worth a look…
NBA Live Betting Odds
One of the best things about NBA live betting is that the odds and lines are constantly updating, giving bettors the chance to exploit better value on the NBA live game lines.
Just as a simple example based on the final 2021 conference standings, imagine tuning in next season to watch the +150 Houston Rockets (finished 15th in Western Conference) vs. the -150 Phoenix Suns (finished 2nd in Western Conference), and the Rockets may have gone up early in the first quarter, 20-10, for example (perfectly normal for an underdog to do so in a basketball game). The odds may suddenly start drifting on a Suns’ victory – perhaps oddsmakers stress about the lack of energy and alter the moneyline to -100. But you know the Suns are the better team; they’ve just gotten off to a slow start…
Of course, it’s better to get the Suns at -100 than it is at -150 and, in a nutshell, that’s what live-betting is all about. That’s effectively how it works and why so many pro bettors treat it as their go-to when betting on basketball games.
Best NBA Live Betting Odds?
In all honesty, there isn’t really one sportsbook that continuously broadcasts the best odds. Each of the offshore sportsbooks mentioned today provides better value on particular NBA game lines/prop bets than some of the competition and worse value on others. The same goes for the major US players such as DraftKings and FanDuel.
As a general rule of thumb, sportsbooks that run NBA Las Vegas odds do tend to provide good value on futures and get their odds up earlier than the competition, which is a good opportunity for bettors to seek out value (the oddsmakers aren’t spot on the money; usually they are, but not always). But, then again, most sportsbooks that don’t broadcast basketball Vegas odds tend to copy those apps that do anyway, so generally speaking, there’s rarely much difference.
That said, particularly if you’re gambling with large sums of money, it’s always wise to seek out the very best NBA live betting odds available. And even if you’re not: we’d all rather make a dollar than not make a dollar, so do yourself a favor and shop around.
|GAME 2: NBA FINALS: Phoenix Suns Vs. Milwaukee Bucks (Moneyline Odds)|
|Sportsbook||Phoenix Suns||Milwaukee Bucks|
As you can see from the table above, BetOnline offers marginally better odds on a Bucks win in Game 2 of the 2021 NBA Finals, whereas Bovada offers slightly better value on the moneyline for a Suns victory. But there isn’t a lot of difference here and it’s much the same for the other major NBA betting lines, so things like ‘ease of use’ and ‘bonuses’ really come into play when selecting your preferred sportsbook for betting on basketball. Hence, the reason why NBA live betting apps put so much effort into both features.
- Always pay attention to the team’s schedule: stats indicate that teams playing 3-4x per week tire quicker, struggle to maintain consistently high standards; and often tire during the second half of a game. Keep an eye on the team’s schedule and bet against teams that have played a bunch of games on the road in quick succession (for example)
- Check the lineups and injury news: Research is a pivotal part of any safe betting strategy. Check out the NBA betting picks on sites such as ours, make sure you know who is injured or fit again; study the past results between the two teams, etc. You wouldn’t buy a stock that you knew nothing about, so don’t rely solely on NBA betting odds – do the research and level the playing field with the oddsmakers.
- Be ready to react quickly: in order to grab the best live NBA betting odds you need to react quickly and trust in your research and NBA betting strategy. There simply isn’t time to start overthinking in the NBA live arena. Do your homework but follow your gut when live, in-play.
- Hedge your bets: You might be convinced that the Boston Celtics beat New Orleans Pelicans. But, when live NBA sport betting, it’s always wise to hedge your bets. Will it be a close game? Check out the pelicans on the spread. Will it be a low-scoring affair? Hit up the over/under NBA betting lines.
- “Vegas Odds Know Best”: this tip is specifically for the over/ under market. Vegas NBA oddsmakers are good at their job – that’s why they’re employed. The game might get off to a fast/slow start, but the chances are that the score will end at close to what the Vegas oddsmakers said it would before the tip-off.
- Take advantage of risk-free bets/ deposit bonuses: why risk your money when you can risk someone else’s?. Look around the best places for live betting NBA, exploit all the free deposit bonuses and risk-free bets, and place your wagers. You literally can’t lose.
NBA Live Betting Strategy
It’s tough to consistently make money wagering on the NBA if you don’t put in the groundwork. Visit forums and sportsbook betting news pages (here at basketballinsiders.com, for example, we provide plenty of live NBA betting tips and predictions for as many games as we can).
Doing the research is an important part of any financial venture, including live betting on NBA games. If studying up on the latest news, tactics, et al isn’t something that you enjoy doing, you might want to try your hand at another side-hustle.
It doesn’t end there though. Access to the best NBA betting strategies and tips can also pay dividends, which is why we’ve listed a few below for you to check out. But don’t stop here – there are many, many strategies when it comes to gambling. Have a read; do some more research – it does pay off. There’s nobody out there betting on live NBA for a living who doesn’t put in the hard yards (to coin a football term).
- NBA Over-Under Strategy: The most important thing to do here is to study the total points scored in previous encounters between the two teams, and also the recent points totals; perhaps just for the last 5 games for each team. We recommend figuring out a mean average over the last 5. If the team you are wagering on – let’s say the L.A. Lakers – averaged 90 points in the last five encounters, – and especially if the field goal percentage is down in the low 35-40% range – then it’s probable that the Lakers struggle to put up points the next game, too. Try to make things as predictable as you can.
- NBA Moneyline Betting Strategy: there are numerous NBA betting strategies on the moneyline. But, one that we’ve grown to enjoy, is the NBA underdog moneyline betting strategy. It’s simple to implement, too. In short, look for tight contests where a narrow underdog is expected to lose and vouch for the underdog. This one pretty much comes out of the daytrader’s handbook: the idea being that you win more when you win, and lose less when you lose. You may even lose more bets than you win. But, in the long run, each team in a basketball game has a 50% chance of W and the odds will always be in your favor.
- No blowouts spread betting strategy: Imagine you log into your favored NBA live betting app to find that the New Orleans Pelicans have opened up massive -15.5 favorite vs. Chicago Bulls. The Pelicans have been tasked with not only beating the Bulls, but turning them into leather shoes and then stomping those shoes into the dirt by 16 points! Should you take this bet on the spread? Well, this NBA points spread betting system says, ‘no!’ The ‘No Blowouts on the Spread’ rule suggests not wagering on such results. It’s not that they never happen; we’ve all seen our favorite team get trounced by 20 at one time or another. It’s just statistically unlikely, so you’re better off leaving this -15.5 spread alone, or checking the sportsbook’s alternate spread for a closer score.
NBA Live Streams
The NBA is one of the most-watched sports leagues in the world, competing with soccer for global viewing figures in big markets such as Asia. Because of this, getting the licensing rights to broadcast NBA games can be tricky for sportsbooks.
Though the sites we’re analyzing today are all technically offshore, and though we can’t totally rule out that one or two of them do live-stream NBA in Timbuktu, so far as the live-streaming of pro basketball in America goes, you’re better off coughing up the money for the NBA app (which is awesome by the way) to use in conjunction with your favorite live NBA live Betting app.
NBA Live Betting & In Play Guide Conclusion
When searching for a sportsbook with the perfect combination of NBA live betting and in-play guides, just remember to vouch for a sportsbook that updates the action constantly; has deep markets and interesting prop betting options; boasts among the best odds, and has an aesthetic quality that you personally like: cool graphics, etc.
Then, over on ‘the guide’ side of things, be sure to pick a sportsbook that caters to bettors; one that provides picks, strategy, etc. A sportsbook that gives you no indication of how to bet; offers no tips; broadcasts no potential betting options, or fails to tell you what your fellow bettors are doing with their dollars just seems untrustworthy to us.
Each of the five sites listed at the beginning of this article is well worth taking a look at. But, our personal favorites are as follows:
We like BetUS because the NBA live betting markets are so deep; the prop betting options are creative; the odds tend to be great, and the sign up bonus isn’t too shabby either to be fair.
And we like MyBookie, too: this sportsbook’s NBA live betting features cool graphics; the odds broadcast are generally among the best out there; the NBA live betting guides are numerous and detailed and, again, the sign-up bonus for the site is very welcoming indeed.