76ers win first game after trailing by double digits in final minutes since 2018
The Philadelphia 76ers won their first game after trailing by double digits in the final five minutes of regulation since defeating the Brooklyn Nets on Nov. 25, 2018. Philly overcame a 20-point deficit to beat Brooklyn back then.
In Friday night’s 120-119 win over the Portland Trail Blazers, the Sixers trailed by 10 points late in the fourth quarter. Joel Embiid hit a fade-away jumper with 1.1 seconds left to give Philadelphia an impressive come-from-behind victory.
According to a few NBA betting sites, the 76ers hold sixth-shortest odds to win the championship. Check out which sportsbooks are giving the Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics greater odds.
The 76ers trailed by 10 pts with 5 mins to go in the 4th quarter and won last night
Entering Friday, they had lost 80 straight games when trailing by double-digits in the final 5 mins of regulation. Prior to last night, their last such win came against the Nets on Nov. 25, 2018 pic.twitter.com/Twf5QC1mla
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) March 11, 2023
Embiid’s shot gave the 76ers their first lead of the game. They trailed by as many as 21 points in the first half. “As I dribbled, I knew I had to step back,” said the MVP candidate.
“But I knew that I had to get to my spot, which is in that area. That’s a perfect spot from my previous years. At the top of the key, the court is wide open because guys don’t want to give up threes.”
76ers’ Joel Embiid has recorded 23 35-point games this season, joins Moses Malone and Shaquille O’Neal for most points by a center in the post-merger era
Embiid ended his outing with 39 points, seven rebounds, four assists, two steals, and three blocks in 38 minutes of action. The six-time All-Star finished 13-of-20 (65%) shooting from the field and 13-of-18 (72.2%) at the foul line.
“Down 20, guys could have been saying the game is over and we moved on to the next one,” added the 76ers center. “But these guys keep on fighting. But we have to stop putting ourselves in these positions.”
JOEL EMBIID CALLED GAME.
SIXERS WIN IN PHILLY. pic.twitter.com/E6eD8iHr69
— NBA (@NBA) March 11, 2023
Entering Friday, the Sixers had lost 80 consecutive games when trailing by double digits in the final five minutes of regulation. Plus, it was Embiid’s fifth straight 30-point game, the longest active streak in the NBA.
Furthermore, it was the sixth game out of the last eight that Philly has allowed its opponents to shoot better than 40% from 3-point range, per ESPN. Now, the playoff contender is 44-22 and ranks third overall in the Eastern Conference standings. The 76ers trail the top-seeded Bucks by four games.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed .
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals .
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide .
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for .
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for .
- Arizona guard Kerr Kriisa to enter NCAA transfer portal
- Is Deandre Ayton playing tonight (Mar. 22) vs the LA Lakers?
- Former NBA player Chandler Parsons says he feared guarding Kevin Durant more than LeBron James
- Is Luka Doncic playing tonight (Mar. 22) vs the Golden State Warriors?
- Karl-Anthony Towns to return tonight after missing 51 straight games
Main Page 5 days ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Could Crimson Tide Justify Firing Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats With His Huge Buyout After Brandon Miller Gun Incident?
College Basketball 6 days ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Michigan to Miss First NCAA Tournament Since 2015 – What is Juwan Howard’s Buyout if Wolverines Fire Him?