Heat center Cody Zeller (illness) downgraded to questionable for Game 1 vs. Celtics
Miami Heat center Cody Zeller (illness) has been downgraded to questionable for Wednesday night’s Game 1 matchup against the Boston Celtics of the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals.
Zeller did not practice Monday due to an illness. Through 10 games off the bench this postseason, the backup center is averaging 2.6 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 9.1 minutes per game. Plus, he’s shooting 66.7% from the floor.
According to a few NBA betting sites, the Heat have fourth-shortest championship odds, the lowest remaining odds among playoff teams. Sportsbooks are showing better odds for the Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets, and Los Angeles Lakers.
Tyler Herro and Victor Oladipo out for Game 1 vs. Celtics, as expected.
The only other player on the Heat injury report for tomorrow is center Cody Zeller, who is questionable because of an illness.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) May 16, 2023
Zeller signed a contract with the Utah Jazz last October. However, the 10-year veteran was waived a month later. In February, the 6-foot-11 big man then inked a deal with the Heat for the remainder of the season.
In Miami’s 129-122 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Apr. 1, the center scored a season-high 20 points in 29 minutes as a starter. Along with grabbing eight boards, Zeller shot 9-of-13 (69.2%) from the field and drained two free throws.
Heat center Cody Zeller (illness) has been downgraded to questionable for Wednesday night’s Game 1 matchup vs. Celtics of the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals
Entering Game 1 of the 2023 Eastern Conference Finals, Miami is 7-2 in its last nine games. The point total has gone over in eight of the Heat’s past nine road games as well. They’re also 3-6 in their previous nine contests played on a Wednesday.
Additionally, the Heat are 9-3 ATS in their past 12 matchups against Eastern Conference opponents. The point total has gone over in eight of Miami’s last 10 meetings away versus the Celtics as well.
#HEATCulture got us exactly where we want to be pic.twitter.com/TSvb0Qenjq
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) May 16, 2023
Meanwhile, Robert Williams III is expected to remain in Boston’s starting lineup for Wednesday night’s matchup at TD Garden. The Celtics are 11-3 in their last 14 home games. Not to mention, they’ve won nine straight contests played on this day.
Based on ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, the Celtics have an 85.6% chance of winning at home over Miami. Sportsbooks show the Heat as eight-point underdogs away. Of course, Miami is 16-14 all time in the playoffs against Boston.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- Denver rookie Christian Braun hopes to lift NBA trophy only a year after conquering NCAA championship
- NBA Finals 2023 Ratings Down 3% In Game 3 From Last Year’s Warriors-Celtics
- League sources say the Spurs are a team to watch out for if Chris Paul becomes a free agent this offseason
- WNBA star DeWanna Bonner sets Connecticut franchise single-game record with 41 points
- Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo has invited a particular teammate to work out with him in Greece
Main Page 4 days ago
Magic star Jonathan Isaac to launch ‘Anti-Woke’ clothing brand UNITUS in August
NBA 2 weeks ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Main Page 3 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell