Free-agent center Jeff Withey has agreed to a one-year contract with the Dallas Mavericks, league sources told The Vertical.
Withey, a 7-footer, is expected to provide the Mavericks with frontcourt depth. The Mavericks re-signed Dirk Nowitzki, drafted Dennis Smith Jr. this offseason, and plan to build around their young core of rookie Smith, Harrison Barnes, Seth Curry and Nerlens Noel.
Withey has played four NBA seasons for Utah and New Orleans, averaging 3.3 points, 2.4 rebounds and nearly one block per game.
Withey was the No. 39 overall selection in the 2013 draft out of Kansas.
Source: Shams Charania of The Vertical
- Legal sports betting gets underway in Massachusetts
- Pistons granted $5.276 million disabled player exception for Cade Cunningham’s season-ending injury
- Legendary player and broadcaster Bill Walton stars in new NBA televised stream “Throw it Down”
- Top 5 NBA players who might be eyeing their returns to Europe after this season
- WATCH: Isaac Okoro sings ‘Take Me To Church’ in Cavaliers’ hot tub
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
NBA 2 weeks ago
Paris gets ready to host an NBA game for the 12th time as Pistons vs Bulls clash
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms