Trae Young hits six 3-pointers in a single game for 28th time of career
Trae Young of the Atlanta Hawks drained six 3-pointers in a single game for the third contest this season and 28th time of his NBA career, in Friday night’s 114-107 win over the Washington Wizards.
The two-time All-Star logged 28 points, two rebounds, nine assists, and two steals in 33 minutes of action. Plus, the guard shot 9-of-19 (47.4%) from the floor and 6-of-10 (60%) beyond the arc.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Hawks have 15th-ranked odds to win the championship. Some sportsbooks are showing better odds for the Miami Heat, New York Knicks, and Cleveland Cavaliers.
Trae Young has now connected on six three-pointers in a single game for the third time this season and 28th time in his career. https://t.co/ruWkwI1lbt
— Hawks PR (@HawksPR) March 11, 2023
“It’s the end of the year, and teams are supposed to be hitting their strides and connecting and clicking,” Trae Young said. “I think we’re just trying to do that on both ends and not just one end. We’ve just got to keep it going. Took care of our two games here.”
It was Atlanta’s second victory over the Wizards in three days. The Hawks improved to 34-33 and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference standings. As for Washington, the team is 31-36 and sits 10th overall. This could be the future matchup for this season’s play-in tournament in the East.
Trae Young has notched at least five 3-pointers in a single game five times this season, 54 times in NBA career
Young knocked down a clutch 3-pointer with 1:17 remaining to help Atlanta cap off the win. While the Hawks led by 13 in the fourth quarter, Washington kept it close. The Wizards outscored them 32-29 in the final frame.
“We competed on the defensive end, I think as well as we have, from what I’ve seen in my time here,” said Hawks coach Quin Snyder. “I was happy with how we competed.” When needed, Trae Young excels at carrying his team.
List of players in the NBA with 1,600+ points and 600+ assists:
Trae Young — 1,601 points and 604 assists.
Superstar ❄️ pic.twitter.com/2KFDWEdWk5
— ❆ (@TraesMuse) March 11, 2023
Through 60 starts this season, the fifth-year guard is averaging 26.7 points, 3.0 rebounds, and career highs of 10.1 assists and 1.2 steals per game. Plus, he’s shooting 43.2% from the field and 33.6% outside the arc.
On Nov. 25, in Atlanta’s 128-122 loss against the Houston Rockets, the 24-year-old scored a season-high 44 points in 38 minutes. In addition to recording five assists and one steal, Trae Young shot 13-of-28 (46.4%) from the floor and hit four 3-pointers.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed .
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals .
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide .
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for .
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for .
- Caitlin Clark only player in NCAA Tournament history with back-to-back 40-point games
- March Madness 2023 Final Four Odds, Predictions, and Best Bets
- Kentucky Sports Betting: Gov. Andy Beshear Quickly Signs HB 551 Into Law
- Notre Dame Basketball: Jameel Brown enters the transfer portal, may follow coach Shrewsberry from Penn State
- LSU Star Angel Reese Has The Most NIL Deals In College Basketball, More Than Any Men’s Or Women’s Player
NBA 5 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
College Basketball 2 days ago
Former UNC Five-Star Recruit Caleb Love Close to Joining Indiana Hoosiers
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 1 week ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives